It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

then I suggest that you start campaigning for Universal coverage.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Didn't think it had a chance, it'll be interesting to hear peoples' reactions.
edit on 6/28/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Mart0

Or it's ok since others will carry more of the burden?

Yes, Yes it is ok that a collective society collect the burden of the poor and helpless. That's what being in a progressive (I'm sure you'll associate that word with Liberals) and advancing society in the 21st century.

link   

Originally posted by dalek
UK chap here.
I would like to congratulate the Supreme Court for actually ruling correctly.

Misery loves company I guess ....

edit on 28-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

link   
Here is a calculator to show exactly how much you will pay if you do not have health insurance

Calculator

link   

Originally posted by Mart0
reply to post by macman

Well you sure did miss the other 2 paragraphs of that post, didn't you?
Most clearly aren't denied (Basic) medical services. If I really must spell it out for you then okay:
The poor now have a chance not to be absolutely obliterated by debt if they end up getting something like a serious Auto-Immune disease or Cancer.

Congratulations! Your Cancer has finally been cleared, Now ...About that 90 grand

The poor don't pay that debt anyway. I volunteered at a hospital in the NICU, huge medical bills, the poor did not have to pay.

link   
reply to post by Mart0

Ok, so now the Poor are ok, as I am nickel and dime'ed to death to do so?

WOW!!!! Second and third job here I come, so the Poor guy can not be SO financial obligated.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yes, Yes it is ok that a collective society collect the burden of the poor and helpless. That's what being in a progressive (I'm sure you'll associate that word with Liberals) and advancing society in the 21st century.

Uh, no.

It is not the obligation of the "haves" to take care of or subsidize the "have nots".
edit on 28-6-2012 by FreeFromTheHerd because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by underduck
I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

Really? Who PAYS for it? I have a dear friend who owns a small business. She worked long and hard to make it successful and she employs 11 people. Under Obamacare, she has the choice of paying for insurance for all of them AND their families (including 'children' under the age of 24 or 26 years old). In 2010, her insurance company quoted her $40,000 a year to do this. If she does NOT do it, she will be fined/taxes just over $30,000 per year NOT to do it. No telling what the cost of it will be now that it is mandated.

Either way, it will effectively put her out of business, thus 12 people (including her) will no longer have jobs.

Multiply that scenario across the entire United States.

Everyone already has the RIGHT to healthcare. It's a matter of whether or not they can AFFORD it. What is wrong with some of you? You have the RIGHT to own a 15,000 square foot mansion, but can you AFFORD it? You have a right to eat lobster and caviar 3 meals a day, but can you AFFORD it?

My husbands job *offers* health insurance, but for just him (not me), it's over $400 a month. We cannot AFFORD it. He's a Veteran (total of 12 years w/ combat experience); honorably discharged. You'd think he'd be qualified for VA benefits, wouldn't you? He's not! He makes exactly $20 a month too much for the County we live in for him to qualify for VA benefits.

Now that insurance is mandated, I can only guess what rates will go up to since insurance companies know they've got us all by the shorts. I guess we can now choose whether or not we eat more than beans and rice or whether or not we can keep me on my medications or whether or not we can afford air conditioning, the lack of which dramatically and negatively impacts my health.

A few 'someones' are missing the point, alright, but it's not those of us who know what is really happening.

Can you AFFORD of one the new GM electric cars that are such a bomb? I sure hope so, because you just might be MANDATED to buy one. And you'll have the "RIGHT" to do it, too. Buy it or pay the tax. This entire matter has just set a precedence for which apparently few can see the full potential ramifications.

link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by AntiNWO

That is what I am afraid of. This could leave many Americans myself included with a tax penalty that we cannot afford. Then what?

They will just Mandate that to someone else with new Legislation.

link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And just what the frick do you call it??
It is socialized medicine, just under cover of another name.

I would love socialized medicine.

This is not it...it's a good start...but it is not socialized medicine....it is clearly still privatized medicine.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Only people who decide not to be responsible and buy health insurance will pay the tax...not every single person

OF COURSE we will all end up paying. There are A LOT of people in this country TOO POOR to afford it. We will end up supporting them.

And why should a healthy young person be forced to pay his/her money into a system they don't need? It's an extra burden on them. You are imposing YOUR MORAL VIEWs on them by saying they aren't 'responsible'. Isn't that what leftwingers say that pro-lifers do when they call for an end to abortion? Pro-lifers say that those who get abortions 'aren't responsible' ... and yet the pro-abortion folks say that what they do with their bodies is no one else's business.

Guess what? The same applies to paying this government health care tax. People who don't think they need it shouldn't have to. It should be THEIR CHOICE. Using the 'be responsible society members' rhetoric doesn't fly with pro-abortion people when pro-lifers use it .. so it shouldn't fly now. SAME/SAME

Stop imposing your moral beliefs about what a 'responsible members of society' is on others.

link   

Sad day for America.

This will be Overturned.

As it should be.

S&F

link   

UK chap here.

I could never understand why Prisoners were afforded better medial care than an honest citizen.

Um, they are not. Ever been inside a Prison here?

So, you applaud us going down the path to Europe? Might as well just kick me in the nutts as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Look I don;t like the mandate at all.

I just want us to be clear on what it does exactly though.

You are presently insured. Your insurance is fine and you are not going to be taxed. They act doesn;t require you to purchase multiple forms of insurance.

I too have no idea how the illegals fit into this, but I think it could become a major issue. I just don't know yet.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by haarvik

And just what the frick do you call it??
It is socialized medicine, just under cover of another name.

I would love socialized medicine.

Then move to Europe and quit bothering us ...
edit on 28-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

What if you have no income? And don't want to have health insurance?

Then you should already be on Medicaid or Medicare.

And if you have no income...you won't be taxed anything because it is 1% of your income.
edit on 28-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

link   
The Insurance companies will see the most profit from this new ruling as they will be the administrators, not the govt. I would think that all you big business fascists would be pleased. And coming from a right leaning supreme court.

Those that call this Socialized medicine are just trying to push an agenda. It's still corporate owned, just like in the past.

edit on 28-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by macman

UK chap here.

I could never understand why Prisoners were afforded better medial care than an honest citizen.

Um, they are not. Ever been inside a Prison here?

So, you applaud us going down the path to Europe? Might as well just kick me in the nutts as well.

Europe has universal coverage provided by the government through the gains of high taxes.
That is exactly what the ACA isn't.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yes, Yes it is ok that a collective society collect the burden of the poor and helpless.

I do help those people. On my own. I am not the Collective, and the US was not formed as a Collective.

That's what being in a progressive (I'm sure you'll associate that word with Liberals) and advancing society in the 21st century.

Well, at least you don't hide who you really are. Progressives are a Virus, infecting the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join