It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I honestly have no idea what the think about this law now. I believe healthcare should be provided to everybody and paid for with tax dollars. It would be a benefit to everyone. Society as a whole. There is a balance between individual rights and the overall rights of a population in a sense that what individual A does and affect individual B and B to C and so on.
But this healthcare bill is baffling.

1. Can you impose a tax on someday as a penalty and not tax others?
2. If you don't buy insurance will the US government buy you insurance with the tax proceeds?
3. If I refuse to buy insurance can I still go to a doctor? What if I have no money to pay?

Totally baffled.
Universal Healthcare funded by a taxes would have been more logical than this travesty.

Can it even legally be implemented or does it matter if it can??

edit on 28-6-2012 by dxdydz because: changed bill to law

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Your husband and yourself won't be offered Insurance anymore. There is a provision int eh bill that allows the business to opt out and send you to a stater government program that will be even more expensive. I see alot of people uninformed of the law in place and solid now.

You wouldn't even believe how many provisions are in the bill. It's a 2,000 page bill full of provisions.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Mart0

Yes, Yes it is ok that a collective society collect the burden of the poor and helpless.

I do help those people. On my own. I am not the Collective, and the US was not formed as a Collective.

That's what being in a progressive (I'm sure you'll associate that word with Liberals) and advancing society in the 21st century.

Well, at least you don't hide who you really are. Progressives are a Virus, infecting the world.

That coming from someone who refers to an array of assault weapons as "nice options"

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yeah, It sure is terrible that poor people will now have a fighting chance when it comes to healthcare. I mean, Why should I have to pay for them?

Sarcasm aside, Why does any of this even matter, If you have a private health insurance policy you get to keep it, If you don't you get one.

It matters for several reasons, most of which is new and higher taxes on everyone, but that aside, the real purpose of this bill is to put the insurance companies out of business, and here's how:

The federal government will undercut the insurance companies and operate at a loss as they always do, which the insurance companies are unable to do, thereby causing most corporations to choose the government plan.

Eventually the insurance companies will lose the majority of their customers and there will be buyouts and mergers, just like the banks several years ago. Fees will skyrocket until only the rich can afford them. the rest of us will get inferior care, DMV-type service, and no longer any choices. Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I am uninsured and not one penny of my health care costs are paid for by anyone but myself. So please explain how you or anyone else is paying for me? If I'm forced to buy into a health insurance plan, then you will actually have to foot some of my bills.

Like I said in a previous post...unless you are Romney rich...at some point someone will be paying for your healthcare.

If you are Romney rich...why wouldn't you buy insurance?

link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

I'm sure that blurb goes down great at tea-party meetings but All I see it for is some entitled, fear speech because the wrong colour party (blue) is in power . I'm sure everything will be fine again when the Whitehouse is red, Right?

link   
It's a great day for America.

link   
So basically, Obama has just raised taxes on lower and middle class people? How is that a positive?

link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by macman

Look I don;t like the mandate at all.

I just want us to be clear on what it does exactly though.

You are presently insured. Your insurance is fine and you are not going to be taxed. They act doesn;t require you to purchase multiple forms of insurance.

I too have no idea how the illegals fit into this, but I think it could become a major issue. I just don't know yet.

Taxed Directly??? Only if my Company drops coverage, or I loose my job.

Taxed Indirectly??? You bet it will happen. It has too. My Taxes will go up, to provide for others. What a crock.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mart0

That's imposing your moral beliefs onto others. Liberals don't tolerate prolifers when they do it. So why should people tolerate it when you do it? Same/same.

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
It is not the obligation of the "haves" to take care of or subsidize the "have nots

Exactly. To say that it is, that's just people imposing their moral standards onto others.
Something that the left compains that the right does.
Perhaps the left should look in the mirror next time they say it.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by lynn112

I am uninsured and not one penny of my health care costs are paid for by anyone but myself. So please explain how you or anyone else is paying for me? If I'm forced to buy into a health insurance plan, then you will actually have to foot some of my bills.

Like I said in a previous post...unless you are Romney rich...at some point someone will be paying for your healthcare.

If you are Romney rich...why wouldn't you buy insurance?

If you are that rich what do you need insurance for? You are self insured ...

link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Ookie
It is a tax I will never pay. Ever. Period end of discussion. I am not being forced to buy something. I will fight it with all my being. I asked over and over and I will ask again here, what document do those bozos read from? It can't be the constitution unless they have a different one than I do. Those "justices" need to tarred and feathered. TODAY. This cannot stand. It just can't. They do not have the right to tell me what I have to buy. No court can give them that right. No matter what. I'd rather go to jail.

I agree. You can always do as I do, DON'T PAY TAXES.

I don't pay taxes. I don't have any health care or insurance of any kind. No one can force me to pay into these things. IRS taxation is Unconstitutional and illegal. The FED is an illegal entity too. I refuse to use the services and pay ta xes to these illegal institutions that forward an illegal U.S. Government.

How do I do it? I don't make enough to to be required pay taxes - on purpose. I own my own home, a vehicle, computers, big boy toys, have plenty of food on the table, TV, entertainment, host parties ect.. I enjoy everything most people in the US does - on a budget.. just so I can say Hey Government.. Up Yours! But you know what.. I lack for nothing.

We can't all grow pot and cook meth...

link   
*Hello...Dominos Pizza, how can I help you*

*Yes, I would like the supreme "two-fer" special, with a side of cheesy bread, a large coke, and
an order of cinnamon chompers*

*Is this Mr. Smithson?*

"Yes, 1202 Park Place, Mr Smithson*

*I'm sorry Mr. Smithson, you cannot place that order. Our records show you are obese by over 11%
and are disallowed from ordering our supreme "two fer" special*

*What? I ALWAYS order the "two-fer" special*

*Not anymore sir, the new law states we cannot sell the "two-fer" to any persons on our "too large
for the charge" list*

*The 'two large for the......What the?...LOOK, this is for my family who is visiting...not for me*

*Then you will need someone else to make the call for you, and place the order. As it stands right
now sir, you are also disallowed from ordering our cinnamon chompers as well, as my computer shows
that you are also diabetic....the same goes for the cheesy bread and the Coca-Cola product.....Are you
sure you wouldn't like to order a nice salad and diet Coke?*

*No....no damn way, I can't believe this!...I'm going to have someone else call back in a few minutes*

*Well sir, I do have to inform you, per state law, that even if someone else orders for you, if you are
found to have, in fact, actually consumed any of these products, you will be facing charges of
Failure to Protect the Public Trust....I'm sorry to inform you of this sir, but the new law states that
I must....Are you sure that you wouldn't prefer a salad?*

*ARGHH!...NO....NO DAMN SALAD....I DEMAND I BE ALLOWED TO ORDER WHAT I WANT*

*Please hold, sir* ......short pause

*Hello, Metro Police, Food and Recreation Division, How can I help you?*

......long pause

*click*

edit on 28-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm sure that blurb goes down great at tea-party meetings but All I see it for is some entitled, fear speech because the wrong colour party (blue) is in power . I'm sure everything will be fine again when the Whitehouse is red, Right?

Oh please. Whatever happened to all those protests and media outrage over Gitmo and the wars? How about wiretaps and rendition? how about high gas prices and unemployment? All those things stopped being issues with dems and the MSM when Obama took control.

link   

Keywording in the results:

But the court found that states cannot be penalized if they decline to comply with the expansion, raising questions as to how effectively the federal government will be able to implement it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

What does that have anything to do with my statement?

link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
A worthy question for those defending this. Sorry if it has been brought up already. This thread is going too fast for me to keep up. Credit for this find goes out to another staffer who I'm not sure has/will post in this thread:

From 2009:

Obama: Mandate is Not a Tax

OBAMA: My critics say everything is a tax increase. My critics say that I’m taking over every sector of the economy. You know that. Look, we can have a legitimate debate about whether or not we’re going to have an individual mandate or not, but…

STEPHANOPOULOS: But you reject that it’s a tax increase?

OBAMA: I absolutely reject that notion.

More at the article.

Thoughts?
edit on 6/28/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

Obama states quite clearly in your quoted portion that it is not a tax increase...but you and others are truncating that statement to claim he said it isn't a tax at all.

It was always written to be enforced by the IRS under the tax law.

link   

That's great advice for everybody to follow. Cover yourself and don't rely on the system and others to cover your costs. So what happens to the people who can not afford traditional insurance and are on medicare? They went out, enrolled in medicare, and are receiving coverage. Who's paying for that? We are through taxes. How do we change this? Force individuals to purchase insurance?

What social problem is next in line to be solved by forcing individuals to purchases a product or service they may not need or want?

I have stated in a previous post that the health care system and health insurance market are a disaster - they both need fixing - and this law does do some good things to help. It's the individual mandate that is the problem and it should not matter which side of the aisle you are on. The gov't should not be mandating the purchase of goods or services for anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

That coming from someone who refers to an array of assault weapons as "nice options"

Having a wide range of firearms meets the definitions of "nice options".

The fact you look down upon someone exercising their 2nd Amendment rights is very indicative of your overall mindset.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

No matter what is said, as whole the Country was designed, it is Unconstitutional.

Maybe you didn't see the SCOTUS ruling...it is in fact Constitutional.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join