It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clashes at Republican Guards HQ near Damascus, reports of British forces in Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

So what is to stop us from using this network to form a collective? You mean forming a collective Commandant?
I already abdicated to the G7.
What I am saying is we are too greedy as individuals to be part of a true collective as consumers.

However we want to be part of the hive. And yet we want to choose the best flowers that we can go to and then we will make the best honey.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What people in Europe are forgetting is the new Silk Road is not your grandparent's Silk Road, this is the modern world.
Trackers and clouds, and swarms, and seeds, and what I was thinking was trade outposts.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
About bleedin' time somebody does something.

But why Britain???? Why does Britain and the U.S. have to get involved EVERY FRIKKIN TIME???? Where's Italy? Where's Argentina, Venezuela, Belgium, France, Saudi Arabia???????

Honest to gawd I think this is pure BULLS%$#!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's kinda strange how this thread became a "my dad can beat up your dad" argument between the UK and the US. I have had trouble seeing the distinction for years between the two when it comes to foreign policy.

Seriously, do you think either of our nations could be the menace it is to the world without the other?

There are privatized institutions in the US and in England that profit from death and destruction. I can assure you that they get along just fine with each other and others like them from even our "enemies".

They are like the gods in the old Greek mythology movies where they just poke and prod their peons into killing each other.

PS Edit - I think Niko Bellic said it best "War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other."
edit on 26-6-2012 by Cuervo because: added Niko qoute

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
****MODS PLEASE DELETE**** I meant to post in this ATS thread:
Furious Turkey mobilizes tanks, troops to Syrian border

According to Presstv:

Turkey has deployed a large number of tanks and other armored vehicles to the Syrian border amid rising tensions with Damascus over the downing of a Turkish fighter jet by the Syrian army.

The Tuesday deployment included 15 armored tanks in addition to long-distance guns and other military vehicles

Presstv

and
Turkey's Hurriyetdaily news

Now here's the twist (From Turkey's Hurriyetdaily news) :
Turkish jet shot down by Russians, opposition leader claims

“There are currently two Russian war ships and a Russian frigate in Latakia harbor,” Masum Türker, leader of the Democratic Left Party (DSP) said today in an interview with TV8. “One of them, Admiral Chabanenko, has the technology to detect the slightest action in the air.”

Turkey claims the plane was shot down in international airspace with a laser or heat-guided missile. Syria, however, says they shot the plane down with anti-aircraft guns as the plane flew within Syrian airspace at an altitude of 100 meters.

Hurriyetdail y

Perhaps the Russians just started something. . . Things that make you go hmmmm.
edit on 26-6-2012 by JWash because: Posted in wrong thread

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Britain needs to learn to stay the hell away from things that don't concern them, it's disgusting the way they and the US think they have a right to just invade and fight in any country they wish, who the hell made them the World Police??

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1nox
Britain needs to learn to stay the hell away from things that don't concern them, it's disgusting the way they and the US think they have a right to just invade and fight in any country they wish, who the hell made them the World Police??
They did unfortunatley.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This is beyond fishy. If I was the leader of Syria, and I had the Cabal breathing down MY throat --- I would have publicly apologized over the downed aircraft, with a donation to the family as well as maybe some cool pentagram earrings/owl figurines for NATO.

Something is up here, I felt it the moment that craft was announced "shot down".

I really don't believe this.

How much of this is propaganda, I wonder. 90%, or 100%?

So Syria admitted to shooting down Turkey's plane, and now risks being flattened by NATO.

I have the hardest time thinking that any leader would willingly give up his power over 1 single jet, such as the Syrian leader has decided to do.

My POINT is: Why is it... These opposing factions "who aren't all sitting in a room with dark organs, playing poker" - WHY do they *all* so obviously wish to start a World War?

I strongly feel there is something big going on behind the scenes between these "opposing" countries.
edit on 26-6-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Sorry ! Nothing on UK news about this. I'm listening to BBC Radio 4's " The World Tonight " now, no mention of this issue, and this is as reliable a source as there is ?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
About bleedin' time somebody does something.

Of course, with doing something also comes the responsibility of keeping the more fanatical rebel groups out of the new government. Sigh... I miss the Cold War. Things were much more simple back in those days.

Yeah Boris and Natasia were easy to understand nemisis'. And religion didnt play a part in any of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

Its time that everyone realize that NATO is not strictly the US and GB. We are just the bigger fists.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't buy this article on British troops invading Syria... but I thought I would just throw this out to ATS for your thoughts (didn't want to start another new thread on Syria, so putting it here).

I was reading a newspaper article today regarding the Syrian rebels capturing an army base. There was a photo accompanying the article which caught my eye. I came home and did a quick search and found out the photo was a still picture taken from a video, I found the video and included it below.

What do you see?

Of course I could be completely wrong.

edit on 26-6-2012 by II HAL II because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

This is beyond fishy. If I was the leader of Syria, and I had the Cabal breathing down MY throat --- I would have publicly apologized over the downed aircraft, with a donation to the family as well as maybe some cool pentagram earrings/owl figurines for NATO.

Something is up here, I felt it the moment that craft was announced "shot down".

I agree. I find it very strange that this particular event would happen right now, and especially in the way it did.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
OP needs to read the actual article: This is ALL it says about British Troops:

---------
There were similar reports in February about the alleged presence of British troops operating in Syria. At the time the British government denied carrying out a clandestine operation in the country.

---------

That's it. No Invasion folks.. move on

edit on 6/26/2012 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't think a singular incident like the shooting down of an aircraft, regrettable that it is, would be enough to invoke a NATO attack. There may be unilateral action by a NATO member, but that would be nothing to do with NATO. All we actually know is that a Turkish air force plane was shot down, I don't know if the pilot/s have been named. That 'someone' is feeding the rebels with arms, is without doubt, and Lebanon as a conduit has already been a suspect. Who the 'someone' is, would be in the murky world of intelligence, with all the usual suspects and their money. In the meantime then it is the Syrian rebels who will do the donkey work. Sometimes, with all that's going on now, I feel that Turkey, is really the turkey in the west's shenanigans in North Africa. If the Turkish government is wise, they should step back from the idea of a NATO council scenario over this incident. The RT item is over speculating.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They've been there for a while, at least since the start of this month!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Trajan

I am not 'waving my flag'. I am Irish. I can't stand Britain because of the history between us. Try again though. I am, however, pointing out the fact that your army is good for nothing except sitting as cannon fodder or using drones to kill your enemies.

Ah, an Irishman huh? Tell me Lucky, hows that Irish military doing anyway?

Pretty good. One of the worlds best trained forces in the world. Im not just waving my own flag. It is a fact they train harder than other nations because we have no conflicts with other nations.

10,500 Active and 9,800 Reserves isn't so bad if that is what you are getting at. We don't fight conventional warfare. We fight guerrilla warfare and only fight in static defences under UN missions.

That said, if you want to nit pick about numbers then so be it. But just remember that the Irish Brigades take some of the lowest casualty rates in any EU Battlegroups. :-)

Oh yeah, for whoever called me a troll. Good one.
You clearly had no idea of what your military standard is. I train with U.S. Marines (your so called Elites) as part of Ireland's PFP programme with NATO, and let me tell you, they are nowhere near the level of Britain's regular or territorial army.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Trajan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

I have heard tonight from one of my contacts in Europe that Russia and China are to give Europe the pasting for what the UK have done in the Middle east, they are indeed preparing for war in Europe on the German border, and Russia will shortly with China re-take the Warsaw pact countries back to prevent the USA getting too close to the Russian borders.
Denmark & Norway too may very shortly be attacked to get America out of Europe altogether, after they take Europe some parts of the far east like South Korea will be taken by China, once the steam roller gets going America & France & UK will wish they had not started WW3 by stopping the Russian ship off Scotland on Tuesday.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Nota happening...you must have better weed than me or some shroms!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I have been hearing this for a while, and no offense, but it sounds like a crock to me. Russia has been too passive since the collapse of the Soviet Union and their military, although deadly, isn't up to scratch to face the combined might of Europe and the United States.

So, I am not going to jump the gun until something happens.

That said, I do believe Russia will use Syria as a proxy but to actually go and fight open war against the West? That is suicide. They would need to pull all the oil/gas exports to cripple Europe's military before they could even think of attacking Europe.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join