It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clashes at Republican Guards HQ near Damascus, reports of British forces in Syria

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I find myself feeling highly doubtful that British special forces are inside Syrian borders, making such a move now is far too risky and far too provocative if they are caught. However I can see them supporting Turkey and Jordan with advice and tactical support, but at the moment, not much beyond that.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Russia is doing nothing.

Remember when they invaded Georgia and we wouldn't let them use our GPS?

Russias military isn't quite a joke, I'm sure its special forces are legit, but as a hole, Russias military isn't up to its full potential.

Russia will do nothing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If this is true, that Brittish forces are there fighting against the Syrian military we might be in big trouble, depending on what Russia and China will do.

I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Russia won't do a thing, the military is a mess!

SAS and SBS have been operating in Syria all year, obviously they don't want you to know that, but its the truth. It's coming out now because we are near the end, you could tell that from when Syria shot down a Turk fighter jet, believe me that fighter jet did not stray off course at all, the Turks and the UN knew exactly what they were doing sending that plane in to Syrian airspace and they were very confident of the response.

I said a few months back that Assad's mob will be gone before the Olympics and I stand by that.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Bull... the source is trying to hype things up. The only war being fought in Syria is a civil war and there is no NATO presence as far as i know.. I'm sure turkey will do a one time something as a response to the fighter incident, be it military or economical but in no way something that could really spark up the civil war to a full war.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by slaine1978
reply to post by Rocketman7

so is the uk.
a far bigger nuclear power too people forget that,
and just coz we go into iraq and afghanistan
with a softly softly approach to win hearts and minds.
dosent mean we couldent kick our way through
and hammer our enemy if thats what was orderd.........

You say "we" as if you're a part of the cabal controlling your military.

Americans do the same thing.

You regular people have absolutely no say in any of these military operations.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Number one hint. Never ever say NATO is not some where. NATO / America is every where. Go ahead and figure NATO is training and supplying the Rebels with confiscated / 3rd party weapon sources and intelligence.

Special Operation Groups are most likely in Syria , however , their hands on role is most likely very limited and more of a reconnaissance / intelligence objectives.

Hell , we drop Recon teams into North Korea regularly. Be aware there are special operations groups you have never heard of that do the real secret squirrel missions and you most likely will NEVER hear about them. ( That is a serious comment by the way).

edit on 27-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Info wars article... it reads similarly to the Russia Today piece. I will look for other references to this stuff, and see if they cross-check, without referencing one another, that would be the first test.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

And here is the Press TV covarge of the same. This is looking more real.

Note that the common thread among these stories I have noticed is that they speak of the "unconfirmed" invasion of British commandos...

Let's wait to hear from Nato or the Brits... it sounds like this could be very real though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This could get crazy. Here's another article claiming "unconfirmed reports"
abna.ir...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I would be surprised if the story turns out to be true. There is not a big enough incentive for the UK to act unilaterally, or under the auspices of NATO, and conduct such an operation when there is so little to be gained and the risks absolutely enormous. Also, considering that the London Summer Olympics are just around the corner, my speculation is that the timing is just not right for such an operation.

Interesting to note that the RT article alludes to an AP report about fighting raging near republican guard housing compounds and bases. I see no such report at AP. Propaganda? we'll soon find out.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
About bleedin' time somebody does something.

Of course, with doing something also comes the responsibility of keeping the more fanatical rebel groups out of the new government.

...Like the NWO ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MobiusShaun
reply to post by Power_Semi

No, he is right.... If all NATO countries immediately stopped buying and or paying for ALL imports from these countries. Their economy absolutely, positively surely would collapse. That is not debatable. It is built on export, and exports consumed by NATO countries.

How is debt payback handled between waring countries?

We could boycot them if you dont mind having no more cars, TVs, ipods, ipads, laptops, cookers, fridges, freezers, microwaves, clothes, shoes, furniture, machinery, etc, etc, etc.

If they don't make the actual product they make something that goes in it.

And the idea we're somehow supporting their economy?

We borrow money off them (by selling them bonds), then use their money to buy their goods.

It's like a giant credit card - we still haven't paid for the goods we've already got.

If we stop buying then they'll sell to their own people and everyone else who wants to buy.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I can say with certainty that there is indeed British Special Forces in Syria.. Its a damn given.. And of course there will be other European, American and Arab Special Forces too...

It is known that Syria has chemical weapons that are a direct threat to Western powers.. The destabilisation of Syria may cause the chemical weapons to fall into the wrong hands e.g. muslim brotherhood/al Qaeda et al, and be used here or Israel creating a wider scale conflict... Im sure Israel is there too looking for these things alongside us..

Then of course there are Russian, Chinese and Iranian Special Forces there too.... What are THEY up to then???

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by grayghost
Come on guy's the us and British have had each others backs for years.

We are one united we stand no need for a pissing match.

Brothers forever, we may not agree with some of the choices each country makes, but we will never leave each other behind. A strike on UK is a strike on USA, the world knows it and we know it, now let's start acting like it.

God Bless,

Absolutely agree with this. Same goes for Canada, Australia and New Zealand. And like all friends / family, that should also mean we can take the p*** and generally disagree - knowing that when the chips are down, support can be counted on, rather than begged for.

Have to say though, these days as a Brit (particularly regarding the Falklands) it doesn't always feel like that support is coming back our way..........

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I still haven't found a single reliable source that would confirm what the usually highly dubious RT said.

I say it's all BS .

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
RT is about as trustworthy as Presstv or Jpost.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

So if you've got a USA based company investing in chinese factories to sell products back to the US who do you think is making the real money.

Who do you think is making the products

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
RT Report

Guess Article 5 is in effect. Reports of shell attacks on the presidential palace....waiting to hear more!

Please update if you uncover more information. Since this is breaking news, there should be more updates to come!

Does anyone think Russia will interfere on behalf of Syria?

wow u have this bull sh#t news and even this crap makes u feel u have privileged information which makes u feel powerful i guess. get out of the hole guys get some air u r embarrassing yourselves

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
RT Report

Guess Article 5 is in effect. Reports of shell attacks on the presidential palace....waiting to hear more!

Please update if you uncover more information. Since this is breaking news, there should be more updates to come!

Does anyone think Russia will interfere on behalf of Syria?

It appears that sh!t just hit the fan.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join