It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clashes at Republican Guards HQ near Damascus, reports of British forces in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
RT Report

Guess Article 5 is in effect. Reports of shell attacks on the presidential palace....waiting to hear more!

Please update if you uncover more information. Since this is breaking news, there should be more updates to come!

Does anyone think Russia will interfere on behalf of Syria?

Admin Note: The title of this thread has been changed to match the title of the RT source article. The thread was previously titled:

British Troops Invade Syria - Happening Now!

This proved to be problematic, as the article doesn't actually support that claim, so the thread was moved to Hoax. Because the article itself doesn't seem to be deliberately misleading, however, we have decided to correct the thread title and move it to Middle East Issues, where the events unfolding in Syria are of significant interest.

As always, if anyone disagrees or would like to discuss these changes, please send me a private message and I'll be happy to talk about it. -- Majic

edit on 6/28/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well, this is exactly what I thought might be coming, and yes, Russia will intervene on Syria's side. They already have troops and equipment in Syria. But right now this is a small-scale attack by the British... so it really depends on how much this escalates, imo.

I just started a World War 3 Q&A thread if anyone is interested, it's in my signature.
edit on 26-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Thats exactly what I thought. I think this thing will blow up. I wonder if China will play a part in this?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

China and Russia and Syria and Iran are planning on doing some war games this summer, so probably.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
About bleedin' time somebody does something.

Of course, with doing something also comes the responsibility of keeping the more fanatical rebel groups out of the new government. Sigh... I miss the Cold War. Things were much more simple back in those days.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Any other sources than RT?

Can't find any UK sources saying British troops involved in any action in Syria? Makes me doubt the credibility of the story to be honest. Rightly or wrongly, our media usually bangs the drum for any action involving our forces.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My guess is that British and American special forces have had boots on the ground in Syria for quite some time, but I'm hesitant to buy into this report that it's British troops doing the shelling.

In related news just now NATO has condemnded the Syrian action of shooting down the Turkish plane. According to the article all 28 NATO members stand with Turkey on this incident.:

NATO condemns Syria over downed Turkish plane

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - NATO allies on Tuesday condemned Syria's shooting down of a Turkish military plane as unacceptable but they stopped short of threatening any military response that might drag them into a conflict with Syria's government.

Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said after an emergency meeting in Brussels of ambassadors from NATO's 28 member states that Turkey had the support of all its partners.

I just started a thread on this announcement.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This region sure is very busy lately.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

With any luck our commandos will get into the presidential palace, find the criminal Bashar,
and execute him. Doesn't matter what the Russians do then, because Assad will be dead
and can't be saved.

Russians government is nothing more than Mafioso..........

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We all saw this coming. It wasn't a matter of if, rather it was a matter of when.

We all need to keep our eyes peeled as to how Russia and China react. If this is not handled properly we might be in for one serious sh#tstorm!

Let us hope that cooler heads prevail.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the trustworthiness of the source.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I can't find any other sources than RT. Quite suspicious with the Russian/ Syrian relationship and the ship now back on route with the choppers.

Any other sources which can back this up?

ETA: a quick search can't find anything to back this up on twitter either...
edit on 26-6-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

link   
For the unenlightened, RT news is WORSE than Debka. Nothing to see here-move along.

link   

edit on 26-6-2012 by Flavian because: deleted

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Why is it always us used as the cannon fodder?more need to secure our own borders than interfering with others.and we wonder why the world hate us.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I call BS if they are claiming regulars, but I wouldn't be surprised if the SAS/SBS were there...

Either way, the thread title is misleading as the article posted says nothing of the sort...

It also tries to make you think that it is the UK doing the shelling, when it is obvious it is the FSA. Only two days ago, the FSA persuaded a Syrian Army Artillery unit to defect.. Could be connected.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
We are on the verge of something HUGE fellows, lets analyze on a brief what's going on now in the world:
- Don't even have to quote sources. EU is on the verge of a total collapse. Greece: broke; Spain: Requesting a bail-out; Italy: in a tight spot too, about to ask for a bail-out, just as Portugal, Spain and even the powerfull France.
- Syria: they are getting nuts! Shooting down turkish planes, rebels and the government in clashes that get worse and worse every day. Now british troops going for it. Certainly they will have the NATO's support, since they are part of it. But Russians already told that they will not allow NATO to take Syria by assault that easy. And FYI, the reds ARE NOT fools, believe me.
- Iemen: US is engaged on a fight against the al-Qaeda there. Drones shooting the hell out of everything they think suspicious. Bombing is already a routine and we only wait the body count, since it is certain that at least one/day will happen.
- US-Sout Korea armies, allied in an exercise that used North Korea flag as a target with real shells droping. A clear provocation and disrespect if you ask me. And don't forget, the North Koreans HAVE NUKES.
- If you check some "sources", there are rumors of tanks already in the streets in the US. Makes you think that "something is not ok"
- EU is cutting oil imports from Iran as a sanction. Iran already threatened to close the straight of Hormuz if this happens. But US will not let it happen, they already have 4 minesweepers there, check the news and you'll see. Does Iran have nukes? Some will say "No", but deep down they know that the answer is "Maybe". Who knows for certain?
- Paraguay's president has been kicked out, just like that. In a matter of days they tossed him apart. Why? They need to destroy the "Mercosul", which is some kind of "free comerce agreement".
- Egypt is now a theocracy, like it was in the past. They already promised to make Jerusalem, their capital. Guess where in the world is Jerusalem?
- Yes! Jerusalem is in Israel! Israel is a country that thinks that everyone wants their destruction but at the same time they want the destruction of everybody else, and the HAVE NUKES.
- Russia already rebuild their defence system against the EU/NATO/US defense grid. Former president Medvedev made a public speech stating this clearly
- Africa with its eternal internal strugle for power between many, many interests, including westerns...

So if if think well, there is A LOT going on, a lot of serious events rolling up. Something is gotta come out of this.
edit on 26-6-2012 by thecrippler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
About bleedin' time somebody does something.

Of course, with doing something also comes the responsibility of keeping the more fanatical rebel groups out of the new government. Sigh... I miss the Cold War. Things were much more simple back in those days.

Yeah, simpler, but still mostly based on lies and fear mongering.

globalresearch.ca...
According to a statement by Turkey's foreign minister, Syria and Turkey are collaborating in the search operations in the Eastern Mediterranean off the Syrian coastline.

On Sunday, Turkish TV confirmed that the Turkish and Syrian search teams had located the wreckage of the fighter jet at a depth of 1,300 meters, in Syrian territorial waters, thereby refuting the allegations that the plane had been shot down in international waters.

But never let the truth get in the way of a good old fashioned shooting match ~ when its not you getting shot at.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The report states it is unconfirmed British presence, the same as a few years ago.
And why would they say the shots are coming from the presidential palace?

Nothing is confirmed. Trying to get somebody to fire the first shot? I think so!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
everyone settle down. The article itself even references DEBKA. If that is not proof enough that this is BS then nothing is.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with Article 5. Where are you getting this stuff??

Originally posted by DevilJonah
RT Report

Guess Article 5 is in effect. Reports of shell attacks on the presidential palace....waiting to hear more!

Please update if you uncover more information. Since this is breaking news, there should be more updates to come!

Does anyone think Russia will interfere on behalf of Syria?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join