It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clashes at Republican Guards HQ near Damascus, reports of British forces in Syria

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

So if you've got a USA based company investing in chinese factories to sell products back to the US who do you think is making the real money.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

It's cute.... yet frightening, that an opinion exists other than..

British crushed? Blind hate has produced very little over history.. That is HIGHLY unlikely. It would have to be a 4th and 10 with 2 seconds left, type of attack. Initial damage high.................Retaliation..... Epic!

Nobody wants to see the day that either the British or the Americans are fighting for true survival.

Unless your an "End of Civilization" kinda guy.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

This is an interesting development and slightly confrontational move by NATO and UK since Russia has already warned against any NATO involvement in Syria. Doubtful this will escalate quickly as clearly the UK forces are specialized and in small numbers unlikely to Russia to respond. Likely humanitarian and or border security with Turkey any large deployment or mass of additional NATO forces on Syrian territory, Coastal areas or aircraft buildup will cause Russia to respond and deploy large amounts of land, air and missile resource components to counter and a large political backlash.

Turkey just happens to be the caveat to the entire region. They're becoming exponentially more aggressive in their border security, political stance and could actual preemptively invade any portion of their surrounding borders for security and immigration control.

I'm getting the feeling these initial NATO troops are an attempt to intentionally 'test' the Russian response prior to buildup and/or a Turkish military response to the situation, which could, in turn spark Russo-Turkish-NATO confrontation on a larger scale down the road.

I'll be monitoring this as it develops. My guess; another NATO Humanitarian mission designed to spark Geopolitical tension and confrontation.

Posting a link to a six hour old relative article.

theintelhub.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

No, he is right.... If all NATO countries immediately stopped buying and or paying for ALL imports from these countries. Their economy absolutely, positively surely would collapse. That is not debatable. It is built on export, and exports consumed by NATO countries.

How is debt payback handled between waring countries?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
About bleedin' time somebody does something.

Of course, with doing something also comes the responsibility of keeping the more fanatical rebel groups out of the new government. Sigh... I miss the Cold War. Things were much more simple back in those days.

No, it's not about bleedin' time. We need to mind our own business and let these countries sort out their own internal messes. It's none of our business.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well this thread has gone completely off topic in true ATS fashion. Does anyone have a clue AFTER EIGHT PAGES!!!! If the thread topic has been legitimized yet?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
Oh yeah, for whoever called me a troll. Good one.

Yes, I called you a troll ... because you're clearly trolling. What limited experience you may have in dealing with members of the US military, is rendered moot by your obvious bias. Your comparison of my Marine Corps to a regular terrestrial army shows how little you actually learned while you were playing pfp with the unlucky reservist unit that got stuck playing dog and pony show. Your belittlement of individuals that break under combat stress, is telling as well. As for the "level" of the USMC, apparently it's poor enough that the Royal Marines have adopted it's CQC/CQB tactics and the littoral doctrine has been a joint development for years. I'm curious if any of your family and friends who "fought beside Yanks and laughed at them" where some of the same individuals who contributed to the British Army failure in Basra. Too Soon? So again, you're a troll ... a willfully ignorant troll, who has never seen a day of combat, and uses the anonymity of the internet to spout anti-US rhetoric with a personal flair.

That about sum it up champ?

ONTOPIC: Foreign military assets that may or may not be British in origin are perhaps operating inside Syrian borders ... nothing to see here ... yet ...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I will tell you something gentlemen, who are fighting over the Silk Road. I don't know what it looks like where you are, but let me at least tell you what it looks like in North America where we have just in time inventory systems and globally instituted.

So in my room here I have a projector, projecting a 7 foot screen on to the wall, thats the latest monitor, and it works in hi res and 3 D if you want and I bought it on-line for 590 bucks. And so with that I can now shop with my mouse as well as talk here. So today as a for instance I decide that for my tablet I want some speakers.

I want to use my remote control with my tablet as I sit here to play music after I turn my laptop off.

So it is easier, for me to shop across the country, and have it delivered to my door, than for me to get in the car, drive to the giant mall, and pick it up myself. And from here I can shop around and do some research if I spend a large amount of money and see that what I am getting has a proven quality base of reviews on-line.

But it is also cheaper for me to shop like that. SO rather than get in my car and drive, I can check out China, and I will show you so you know...example link

but they don't have what I am looking for which is a blue-tooth wireless bar speaker (see I can be as fussy as I want to be) so I can buy it locally or I can shop across the country here

So I am on the West Coast in Victoria, that place is in New Market Ontario. But they have deals set up with distributors across the country. So even if I order it from them, it might get shipped from Vancouver and I will get it tomorrow. But do you know what it costs to ship it across Canada? Thats a long ways but anything you buy from VUUGO costs 6.98 for shipping if you use the shipping service that they have a contract deal with.

It would cost me more in gas, to go the mall and back. I'm not kidding. It would cost 8 bucks probably.
4 bucks each way. And of course at the mall I will not leave until I have spent another hundred or two on things I don't need but caught my eye. SO I am saving more money by not going there.

So that is what you have to compete with. Thats the future.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So, was Syria invaded or not? After reading this thread I feel like each and every source is unconfirmed or Debka... This could be HUGE, I wish there was some way to validate this story... I checked Twitter and I saw a few posts, but I feel if war broke out there would be hundreds, if not thousands, of posts on twitter (and it likely would be trending).... I hope this is a false report, lets all hope for the sake of the human race... Nothing good can come from WWIII

One of the Twitter messages I read

jahbalon‏@jahbalon

BREAKING : British #SAS Elite Forces have invaded Syria and are involved in fierce hand to hand fighting with #Shabiya death squads

edit on 26-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MobiusShaun
Excellent post. The anglo-sphere is fun to pick on when there's no skin in the game. Even the ineptitude of our politicians, who consistently snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, wouldn't be be able to chain that beast.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

continuing on with that, if I want to order groceries on-line I can with a 50 dollar minimum order delivery is free and can be same day or next day delivery.
Lets take a look at their site so you can see what that looks like...
Local organix oriented grocery chain, bought out by larger conglomerate grocery chain Sobey's.
link

Nonetheless they all do it here and there are several grocery chains of course.

But they sell foods from all over the world. And they are fresh all year round because something you need is in season somewhere. And food is not really expensive. But you have options in the city to go where you can get deals because they sell in volume. There would be no food shortages of any kind in Canada basically.

So this style of shopping is growing but its still in its infancy.

But they way they move goods through their depots is amazing. All this system has become so streamlined and efficient. And quality is high, shelf life is high, safety is high and prices competitive.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

So we have gone full circle. And once again we are turning into hunter gatherers.

Our bow and arrow is our mouse, and we are lazy hunter gatherers, so as we sit in our comfortable chairs, we can click, and anything, from anywhere, in the world almost, will come marching to our door.

And quite quickly and at an affordable price.

And in that process the people involved are making a good living.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's a formidable assumption that British special forces are already on the ground operating in Syria; although you would never know it because they operate in secrecy. The rebels will get all the credit for any of the successes, but their success wouldn't be possible without the intelligence gathering and the logistical support of the special forces. Being that there's no media allowed in Syria, that makes it even easier for the special forces to operate without being seen. Where's the proof in all of this you ask? If I had proof, then it wouldn't be possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

So from here now if you want to be a part of this fantastic civilization we have built, then maybe you want to improve it for us. And so what we need, is a means of accepting deliveries, when we aren't home.

We need to modernize our ideas of a mailbox.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well this thread has gone completely off topic in true ATS fashion. Does anyone have a clue AFTER EIGHT PAGES!!!! If the thread topic has been legitimized yet?

Certainly not from where I'm sitting. BBC news say nothing about British troops on Syrian soil...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

So from here now if you want to be a part of this fantastic civilization we have built, then maybe you want to improve it for us. And so what we need, is a means of accepting deliveries, when we aren't home.

We need to modernize our ideas of a mailbox.

An example would be a busy career involved mother clicks on her grocery list at Thrifty Foods, and modifies a couple items and clicks send. Its then payed for by her account, either direct through the bank or credit or debit or on-line payment service. This exists so far, then she wants it delivered, that exists, now what she needs is a cold storage room on the side of the house for food, and a dry storage room on the side of the house for normal parcel deliveries. And the delivery driver needs to gain access through a key code, and then, shopping for necessities is a breeze.

And for the husband, when the flag is up, the item he bought from wherever is now there he can go down and pick it up. And or go get the groceries.

You see then you no longer have to go through so much effort trying to be there for the delivery man in a busy household and for them at busy times of the year its impossible to keep up.

So the delivery service itself should be promoting modern ways of interfacing with it, and if that means we need a new global postal service that deals in all types of delivery then maybe that is practical. But at least the system itself is working, but has room for improvement. And job opportunities.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
must be a covert operation with no media coverage. how can that be if it is true. in other words, if u know something the rest of the world doesn't then u have no business posting it here, in which case u r fired or dead soon. it would be on bbc right now, so how do u get the nerve to make a post like this. unless, my cable only gets yesterday's news and this just began 10 minutes ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So I heard it was a real estate war now in Syria. Well that makes sense.

You tell a little country it is now going to be a shopping mall, and people get excited.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

i do not think this is true or i would be something on the news about it, unless there is a blackout in which case how do u know? where do u get your information?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Your posting on the wrong thread.....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join