It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furious Turkey mobilizes tanks, troops to Syrian border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Pol Pot was a dictator trying to improve his country after his own model. I'm sure you would've loved to live under him.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It's only okay if Israel does it.

Aint that the truth /spit

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss

Pol Pot was a dictator trying to improve his country after his own model. I'm sure you would've loved to live under him.

www.wallpapers-free.co.uk...

Ever seen this beautiful piece of propaganda from the Brits during WW1? A poor British soldier lying thirsty and wounded, while a mean German nurse pours water on the floor in front of his eyes. Those mean German nurses, they're all witches who like to torture wounded British soldiers!!! Time for an invasion!

In reality, they were PEOPLE, merely on another side of the war, who had no hatred towards anyone (unless government infused) and were just doing their job, i.e. helping the wounded.

This is what happens in times of war (and between wars as well), you depict someone as being a horrible being who deserves everything that's coming to them, like the poor nurse, so the people will blindly follow and support the government that is fighting those "evils", while in fact, the only evil is the one that enjoys starting wars and killing innocent people.

Who do you think isn't respecting the seize fire in Syria? The government troops? Possibly. The supposed rebels? More likely. If your country was invaded by foreign troops who pretended to be rebels, would you support them? Or your government trying to get rid of the bastards that are destroying your country? I'd want the bastards out that STARTED it, the Syrian government is merely reacting to what is happening on a daily base, if buildings are destroyed and children are being murdered by rebels, and the government did nothing, it would still be the same story, invade Syria because the government isn't doing anything!!! Seriously...

Wow, according to you there's no difference between Pol Pot and Kadhaffi? Why not compare Assad to Hitler while you're at it

edit on 26/6/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You were talking about how you'd rather live under a dictator trying to better his country than the Western system of government. I was just giving you an example of such a dictator. Get it through your head, mate - dictators aren't better, no matter how bad you perceive the western world to be. Dictators commit mass murder. They torture, rape, burn, assassinate innocent people, the whole thing. I haven't seen any mass graves or gas chambers during my stay in the US so far, funny enough.

But if you feel it is so much better to live under a dictator, don't worry - there's plenty of them left for you to go live under, even if they kick Assad. I would suggest North Korea for your retirement plans.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Turkey is not about to invade Syria with a handful of armoured vehicles. Threatening Syrian military forces approaching the border has the intended effect of making the Syrian military more wary of operating close to the border, thereby creating a 'safe-ish zone' solidifying opposition control over border areas without Turkey actually having to invade and enforce it. It is the kind of limited response that people should have been expecting.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

That would make more sense as you described it. However the history of their relationship hasn't been too bright either. Who's to know if this would be a good time to address some of the disputes/claims from the past? Look under Historic Background and Current Relations. That has been the norm in the ME. Wait for the right time to attack/respond to thou neighbor

Turkey_Syria

edit on 26-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss

You were talking about how you'd rather live under a dictator trying to better his country than the Western system of government. I was just giving you an example of such a dictator. Get it through your head, mate - dictators aren't better, no matter how bad you perceive the western world to be. Dictators commit mass murder. They torture, rape, burn, assassinate innocent people, the whole thing. I haven't seen any mass graves or gas chambers during my stay in the US so far, funny enough.

But if you feel it is so much better to live under a dictator, don't worry - there's plenty of them left for you to go live under, even if they kick Assad. I would suggest North Korea for your retirement plans.

Hold on to that though while it still lasts, people in Nazi Germany were as ignorant as you are and look where it got them
You don't have to move anywhere to live under a dictator, they're slowly emerging in your trusted government
But you're obviously not very much into reading seeing how you think the US doesn't have any plans or anything

Now, you show me where it says a dictator kills and tortures people please?

In modern usage, the term "dictator" is generally used to describe a leader who holds and/or abuses an extraordinary amount of personal power, especially the power to make laws without effective restraint by a legislative assembly[citation needed].

All the rest that you added to your (false) definition doesn't make sense, they're nothing more than things associated with a dictator just like chicken and black people are associated, doesn't mean it holds any truth.

But, I feel I should clarify things a bit more as you seem not to understand it all too well; I said I'd RATHER live under a dictator who doesn't hide it, instead of living under a government with fake good intentions, along with retarded sheeple who buy into the lies on a daily base. Now do you understand? RATHER does not mean it's my preferred choice in general
Merely my preference if I had to choose the lesser evil.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Their history isn't brilliant.. their here and now isn't brilliant either but for the time being it is in both of their interests to keep things from erupting. Turkey and its allies could have used the airplane downing as an excuse to storm into Syria but they didn't. It would take something far more serious to provoke war.

In essence their response is increased backing for the opposition, falling just short of the use of conventional force but employing the threat of conventional force to support the opposition in a backhanded way. One can also assume an increase of covert support both from Turkey and other countries funnelling support through Turkey.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A paper in Turkey says they are sending troops to the border.
Turkey sends military convoy to Syrian border
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

Turkey has deployed a large number of military vehicles to the Syrian border, daily Milliyet reported.

The shipment included 15 armored tanks, in addition to long-distance guns and other military vehicles. The convoy was heavily guarded as it moved toward the border in the event of an attack by outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) members.

Military units reportedly increased security measures on the border following recent events that have strained bilateral relations.

But the PKK is the Kurdish terrorist organization that is in Northern Iraq? So are the troops really going to the Iraqi border?
edit on 26-6-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
According to Presstv:

Turkey has deployed a large number of tanks and other armored vehicles to the Syrian border amid rising tensions with Damascus over the downing of a Turkish fighter jet by the Syrian army.

The Tuesday deployment included 15 armored tanks in addition to long-distance guns and other military vehicles

Presstv

and
Turkey's Hurriyetdaily news

Now here's the twist (From Turkey's Hurriyetdaily news) :
Turkish jet shot down by Russians, opposition leader claims

“There are currently two Russian war ships and a Russian frigate in Latakia harbor,” Masum Türker, leader of the Democratic Left Party (DSP) said today in an interview with TV8. “One of them, Admiral Chabanenko, has the technology to detect the slightest action in the air.”

Turkey claims the plane was shot down in international airspace with a laser or heat-guided missile. Syria, however, says they shot the plane down with anti-aircraft guns as the plane flew within Syrian airspace at an altitude of 100 meters.

Hurriyetdail y

Perhaps the Russians just started something. . . And now State of Emergency under 'International Emergency Economic Powers Act' (June 25th 2012)?

Things that make you go hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

decided to repost this in this thread, incase some aren't following your other Thread

For those of you who think this is NOT a potential false flag, read the following:

Sledgehammer! Turkey’s false flag attack kicks off NATO’s Syrian invasion

A decade ago the Islamist government of Turkey uncovered the now legendary ‘sledgehammer’ – or Balyoz in Turkish – false flag plot hatched by the Turkish High Command to justify a coup d’état.

The plan called for a Turkish fighter plane to be shot down by friendly fire somewhere over the Aegean and the blame then shifted to the Greeks. It was a blatant attempt by the secular military establishment and their friends in the underground secret state to destabilize the freshly-installed ‘soft’ Islamic AK government before it had time to establish strong roots.

elements of Sledgehammer bore a startling resemblance to the US supreme commander General Lyman Lemnitzer’s infamous Northwoods Plot to attack American navy ships and civil airliners and then blame Castro.

Nor is it any coincidence at all that Sledgehammer Mark Two struck just three weeks after the annual Bilderberg conclave held at Chantilly, Virginia, close to Washington D.C.

So, before you dismiss this as a possibility, think again! There was a plan INCREDIBLY similiar to this, documented!, as a way to encite conflict!
Here is the Wiki link,

Reports of the alleged plot first surfaced in the liberal Taraf newspaper, which said it had discovered documents detailing plans to bomb two Istanbul mosques and accuse Greece of shooting down a Turkish plane over the Aegean Sea.[2][3][4] The plan allegedly was to stir up chaos and justify a military coup.

Now it doesn't seem so improbably does it?! Granted the plane was not shot down by friendly fire, but they easily could have provoked Syria, and considering the environment right now over there, seems probably that Syria may have fired on them, providing the perfect crisis to take advantage of! **Added - see bottom article.. Syria says the plane was at 100m altitude!*

And this just published, from Turkey

Turkish PM vows to help 'liberate Syria from dictatorship'

RT

Ankara pledged support for the Syrian rebels, and warned that any Syrian troops approaching Turkish borders would be considered a threat and dealt with as a military target.
­The statements came from Prime Minister Recep Erdogan, who was addressing the national parliament. He was explaining how his government was dealing with last week’s downing of a Turkish warplane by Syrian troops, after the aircraft violated the country's airspace

And this from Syria,

Turkish jet clearly violated Syria's sovereignty – Damascus

RT

The downing of a Turkish plane by Syria was an act of self-defense against a violation of its sovereignty, the Syrian foreign ministry has said. Damascus insists it was within its right to open fire on unidentified aircraft violating its airspace.
The statement by the Syrian foreign ministry spokesman Jihad Magdissi comes a day after Ankara accused Damascus of violating international law in last Friday’s incident.
Magdissi said the Turkish claim that their military jet was shot down in international air space after leaving Syrian territory was false. The aircraft was hit by air defense artillery, not a surface-to-air missile, and this weapon’s maximum range is just 2.5 kilometers, he said in a statement aired on Syrian TV

Hmm not from a missile, with artillery and with only 2.5 km range?!

“Syria air defense taken by surprise by plane at 100m altitude, even if plane was Syrian we would have shot it down,” he said

HMMMMM! If thats even a little bit true, a low altitude, unauthorized plane entering a foreign territories airspace... Would any country not be taken by suprise, and implement immediate measures for defense?!!
edit on 6/26/2012 by Nspekta because: eta, spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Turkey buys and licenses eastern and western technology for their defense programs for instancewww.army-technology.com... the gpv was built by an Michigan company but Turkey manufactured some while the DOD in their infinite wisdom sought to keep the stryker.

For those who do not know about military weapons and vehicle types

Army technology is one website to see, and then www.armyrecognition.com... for those who care to look,

Turkey mad and mobilization of the military?

Reminds me of Turkey fighting in Iraq to curtail the Kurds so mobilization is not unprecidented.

Oh back to the colonel gpv it's made by FNSS under Pars i beleive.

Oh well.

edit on 26-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If Syrian govt starts to lose the war, and it will certainly do with the overwhelming power of Turkey, then Assad regime will use its WMD. Now they have Yakhont missiles that can hit ground targets in both Turkey and Israel. What a nightmare if one or more WMD explodes. There will be a chain reaction, especially if Israel is the target. No one knows whether or not Syria got nuclear weapons, but it is well known fact it has enough chemical weapons.

If so, it will be a matter of time, a short time, the conflict to take not only Iran but the wider world. One may say, the world powers are just waiting for a suitable case to launch their preemptive strategies. I see WW3 in this year 2012 before its end (due to all real and fake promises of it). Even if all 2012 stuff is fabricated, it is fabricated for a purpose.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Indeed, Indeed, as expected

as i stated prior, i never expected swift Military response, though, i did believe it was a highly significant step towards the end Goal,

now Turkey just waits until Syria shells across borders again, or the border patrol feels 'threatened'

Syria fell for the bait, they acted hostile versus diplomatic, Swift to shoot the gun, slow to utilize diplomatic response, now Turkey just has to wait, and regardless if it becomes a NATO backed operation, the US will back Turkey, Likewise the UK

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

I agree. The tiny click of generals around Assad, whom above all were friends of his father and not the son, are panicking as Turkey starts flexing its military muscles in a schwarzeneggian manner, while generals are starting to defect over the turkey border. The bombing of the tv station killing some pro assad journalists were probably a rebell attack with intel from MURAT YETKİN (read Turkey military/secret service).

You can bet your ass, turkish special forces have been dispatched into syrian territory to prepare coming airstrikes on the say so from ankara. The turks don´t play around and Assad knows that.

Turkish War Machine - 4th Strongest in the world

Syria here they come. Assad better run!

edit on 27-6-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Those old tanks, with no reactive armor plates, and no sign of any equipment on them, look more like they were either on their to be recycled or to be used as scarecrows at the border.
But hell, it's the ME, so who knows.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Turkey hardens military position after Syria downs jet

Turkey is changing its military rules of engagement and will now treat a military approach toward its borders by Syria as a potential threat that "will be dealt with accordingly," Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Tuesday.

The announcement is a significant escalation of rhetoric after Syria shot down a Turkish plane last week.

Erdogan criticized Syria harshly on Tuesday for shooting down the Turkish fighter jet, saying: "Even if the plane was in their airspace for a few seconds, that is no excuse to attack."

"It was clear that this plane was not an aggressive plane. Still it was shot down," he said.

The first paragraphe means they are massing their troops on the Syria border
and they will start dealing with the situation in Syria
probably crossing the border at the moment to start fighting for real the Assad forces

changing the rules of engagement mean Turkey is declaring war on Syria
because of that attack on the turkish jet

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The tanks look a bit old, Turkey has German built Leopard 2 tanks, perhaps these older tanks are being sent to the border as 'sacrificial lambs' to bring about more conflict, who knows. Those pictures from Press TV could have also been old 'Library' Pictures.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Shminkee Pinkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

Turkey has successfully negotiated import or license production of the K2 Black Panther.

The K2 Black Panther main battle tank evolved from the XK2 programme. This next-generation MBT was developed in South Korea using indigenous technology only. It's development began in 1995 and a full scale production is expected in 2010-2011. The K2 Black Panther will replace the K1 main battle tanks. Currently the K2 is one of the most advanced main battle tank in the world, outclassing anything North Korea or China have. Furthermore it is the most expensive main battle tank to date, overtaking the Japanese Type 90 MBT.
This tank uses both modular composite armor of undisclosed type and Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA) blocks. It is also completed with an active protection system and countermeasures system. Protection of the K2 is broadly similar to the M1A2 Abrams MBT considering that the K2 is significantly lighter. The Black Panther is armed with a 120-mm Rheinmetall smoothbore gun, completed with an autoloader. This MBT has a maximum rate of fire in 15 rounds per minute. It is worth mentioning that autoloader's is similar to that, used on the French Leclerc main battle tank. It also has a very advanced fire control system, allowing to track and engage not only the main battle tanks, but low-flying helicopters as well. Maximum effective range of fire is up to 10 kilometers. Furthermore it's fire control system can spot, track and fire automatically at visible vehicle-size targets without needing any input from a human operator.

The new Turkish Altay MBT will use some technologies of the K2 Black Panther MBT.

They are working hard on the new ALTAY

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

There is no doubt Syria will be invaded and Damascus will nea ruiness heap never to be lived in again , the question is will Iran come to the aide of syria ? Will Russia and China ?

I am certain of two things the bible has given the whole scenario in advance and all of the above will be involved .

The reason this could lead to world-war, is because Iran, China, Russia and Syria are all in an alliance - they are even planning joint war games later this summer - while Turkey is in NATO, and Israel and the U.S. are also planning war games this summer.
edit on 27-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join