It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furious Turkey mobilizes tanks, troops to Syrian border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Furious Turkey mobilizes tanks, troops to Syrian border

www.timesofisrael.com

The mobilization followed statements by Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan that the Turkish military will respond to any future violation of its border by Syrian military elements.

“As awe-inspiring as Turkey’s friendship is, Turkey’s wrath is equally awe-inspiring,” Erdogan told the Turkish parliament on Tuesday.

The Turkish military mobilized large numbers of reinforcements from its eastern provinces to the Syrian border on Tuesday, amid rising tension with Damascus, after the downing by Syria of a Turkish Air Force jet on Friday, Turkish media reported.

Large numbe
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NATO condemns Syria over downed Turkish plane

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow, this whole situation has really progressed over the last few days, especially today.

NATO/Turkish intervention in Syria is almost guaranteed, even though I hope it all blows over. Turkey is doing just what I thought they would...use this downed plane as a reason to escalate the situation.

IMO it won't be long before a full scale land invasion occurs in Syria. After a no fly zone and bombing campaign of course, just like in Libya.

www.timesofisrael.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Agreed. You could pretty much see the chessboard and calculate just exactly how Turkey would handle this situation. This could get out of hand so very quickly.

I never would have believed I would actually have front row seats to WWIII during my lifetime.

The more I read about the situation(s) in the Middle East the more I'm beginning to believe this could be game-set-match!

"May you live in interesting times" ~ Chinese proverb

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Agreed. You could pretty much see the chessboard and calculate just exactly how Turkey would handle this situation. This could get out of hand so very quickly.

I never would have believed I would actually have front row seats to WWIII during my lifetime.

The more I read about the situation(s) in the Middle East the more I'm beginning to believe this could be game-set-match!

I do not mean to diminish the significance of these events, as something like this could be exactly the matchstick needed to set off the powder keg that is the middle east right now. However I would refrain from drawing such definite conclusions such as this will lead to the start of another World War.

None the less, it is important to note that Turkey shares a border with a nation in the midst of a civil war/rebellion, as a result a military aircraft was shot down due to this hostile environment. I would argue any nation would proceed with the “precautions” Turkey is now implementing.

edit on 26-6-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That video shows Turkey having an interesting combination of both American and Russian equipment.
edit on 26-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: d

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, somebody's going to have to clean up the situation in Syria sooner or later. Since UN these days has unfortunately become virtually toothless, and since we've seen time and time again that NATO is more than capable of - and willing to - do the job...well, get to it, folks. Chop chop. The longer we wait with intervening in Syria, the more people will die.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

It's a curse, not a proverb.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good eye, I'm not savvy in the ability to define which country fabricates which weaponry. Perhaps there were markings on the vehicles or are you just familiar with the models?

ETA:

I'm not surprised though that Turkey would have both American and Rusian weaponry since Russia and USA are major arm dealers to most NATO partners and beyond that even.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am not sure nor am I questioning the validity of the clip but I felt some parts of the clip were 'looped' or joined using multiple cameras. Especially where 2 blue vans were passing by the military vehicles.

Nevertheless, this can serve 2 purpose if indeed turkey is mobilizing the troops. Prevent the exodus of refugees from sneaking into Turkey if and when Syria engages itself into a conflict with the West and ofcourse use it for ground invasion if Turkey indeed wishes to respond.
edit on 26-6-2012 by hp1229 because: replace 'retaliate' with 'repond'

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Can we please have some real Turkey's run in? It's not thanksgiving just yet.

But, I don't really think Turkey will do much, maybe kill 90,000 gov. workers.

If they want to poop on Syria, they need NATO.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Nevertheless, this can serve 2 purpose if indeed turkey is mobilizing the troops. Prevent the exodus of refugees from sneaking into Turkey if and when Syria engages itself into a conflict with the West and ofcourse use it for ground invasion if Turkey indeed wishes to retaliate.

Please answer me this, what does Turkey have to retaliate from? They are the ones who violated Syrian airspace so retaliation against their downed aircraft would not justify retaliation. Has Syria attacked Turkey?

Turkey attacked Syria when it violated it's airspace so therefore it would be Syria who has the right to retaliate, no?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The only one to answer right now to these escalations is the HumanSlayer Assad, the 'dear leader' of Syria.

If he thinks he can freely slaughter his own unarmed citizen men, women and children as well as other humans from neighbouring lands such as Turkey, whom had long been patient with that animal, as well as other nationals such as the 40 innocent Germans held without trial, then that wild beast will be making the biggest mistake of his life.

The answer from this human blood drunkard Assad awaits.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

We as outside observers must have a level of discretion as we do not understand the true context of the mobilization. Right of the get go people are assuming the mobilization is for retaliation, why not as a preventative measure?

Like I said in my previous post, if you are a nation that shares a border with another nation suffering internal conflict, would it not be wise to place military units to prevent any of the violence from spilling over into your nation and harming you citizens?

I dont think the local community watch group would be sufficient to station on the border to report any wrong doers approaching....

edit on 26-6-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

There is no doubt Syria will be invaded and Damascus will nea ruiness heap never to be lived in again , the question is will Iran come to the aide of syria ? Will Russia and China ?

I am certain of two things the bible has given the whole scenario in advance and all of the above will be involved .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well the deal there is this IMO...

The tanks depicted do not have reactive armor and APCs & BMPs without proper support are sitting ducks. What I've seen of Syrian forces it's the same story. Now, Both sides have ample anti-armor weaponry. Which will result in massive causalities on both sides similar to what we saw in the Iran/Iraq war.

Air power will determine this contest if Turkey and Syria go toe to toe...
edit on 26-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good eye, I'm not savvy in the ability to define which country fabricates which weaponry. Perhaps there were markings on the vehicles or are you just familiar with the models?

ETA:

I'm not surprised though that Turkey would have both American and Rusian weaponry since Russia and USA are major arm dealers to most NATO partners and beyond that even.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Wouldn't be surprised if they have a mixed bag of hardware (similar to several other countries around the world who have such arrangements).

Nuke Inventory (Defacto US Base).
Turkish_US_Nuke_Base

This is not the latest but gives a general picture.
Turkish_Inventory

Also there has been joint ventures between Russia and Turkey (mostly for re-sale to other countries) of military hardware.
TURKEY_RUSSIA_DEAL
edit on 26-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add/edit link

edit on 26-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by hp1229

Please answer me this, what does Turkey have to retaliate from? They are the ones who violated Syrian airspace so retaliation against their downed aircraft would not justify retaliation. Has Syria attacked Turkey?

Turkey attacked Syria when it violated it's airspace so therefore it would be Syria who has the right to retaliate, no?

Ok. I'll take that word back 'retaliate' and replace it with 'respond'. It all depends since nobody knows exactly what transpired. Even if turkish air force violated the air space, there is a common practice amongst the air forces to respond back with a warning before downing the air plane which for now is still in the debates.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed They are the ones who violated Syrian airspace so retaliation against their downed aircraft would not justify retaliation.

It was over international waters. The planes were found in International Waters as well.

It's only okay if Israel does it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
Well, somebody's going to have to clean up the situation in Syria sooner or later. Since UN these days has unfortunately become virtually toothless, and since we've seen time and time again that NATO is more than capable of - and willing to - do the job...well, get to it, folks. Chop chop. The longer we wait with intervening in Syria, the more people will die.

Yeah, dream on. Rooting for an invasion to help save the Syrian people of the supposed dictator, who never seemed to bother anyone till last year, just like Kadhaffi... It's all fun and games, till someone decides to no longer cooperate and actually try and make something of their country, like Kadhaffi did.

"Oh they're such evil men, pure dictators!" LOL, like we live under better conditions :s We're being dominated just like the Syrians, Libyans, Iraqi's,... Except over here it happens more covertly, if you honestly believe that's any better, there's obviously something wrong with your. I'd rather live under a dictator that seems to want to improve his country, than live under a bunch of political puppets who's only goal is to destroy the country (covertly) by selling it out to criminal bankster frauds, all the while pretending they're trying to help us all forward but they just can't seem to find the solutions (
)

Pull your head out of the sand, 99% of the supposed crimes Assad commits are nothing but PROPAGANDA in order to get the population to support actions over there. I guess it's all a coincidence that the only sovereign countries left, are also the ones being targeted???

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Got link?

This is the first I've heard of your version of the story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join