It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elliot lake, Ontario Mall Collapse- Survivors trapped, Rescue Abandoned

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

But the first guy that tried to stop me from digging would probably end up stabbed with a shovel!

So not only are you irresponsible, but you're violent too.

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyI don't blame people for not risking their own lives. We all have responsibilities. I might not want to dig in a dangerous situation for a stranger, because I want to be around for my own kids. BUT blocking access and refusing to let volunteers dig is outrageous!

Again, and I'll type really slowly: what if your actions caused your daughter to be killed, or others, because you went all gung ho with your shovel (lol, a shovel, what a lightweight). Letting volunteers who are untrained dig is outrageous.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Loon3yToOns

that stupid mexican woman????????
she was absolutely right,,,and hopefully a Canadian Citzen,,,

that stupid mexican woman????

XL5

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Honestly, if any one wants to help dig, they should be allowed to go in and have med teams by the side incase they do find survivors and drag them out. They should even be given some tools and training. However, the way it is, they would rather wait for every one still alive to die, wait till the public "eyes" go home and bulldoze it into a nice pile and THEN pick it apart.

If people go into it, know the dangers and die, they die with honor, a hero. If they live and save a life, they are more qualified then any of the "rescure workers" just standing around and they should be given a medal.

This is the reason some want the world to end, so that the few that are left are free enough to do whats right rather then safe, legal and profitable.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
. However, the way it is, they would rather wait for every one still alive to die, wait till the public "eyes" go home and bulldoze it into a nice pile and THEN pick it apart.

That is just BS - eitehr you dont' know what you are talking about or you are dishonest - either way yuo should apologise to all the people you have jsut insulted.

If people go into it, know the dangers and die, they die with honor, a hero.

they are still dead - and if they get trapped and are not dead then they have to be rescued too.

If they live and save a life, they are more qualified then any of the "rescure workers" just standing around and they should be given a medal.

And would you care to guess how many of them will die and/or have to be rescued in order to establish this essentially useless fact?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
MMM, lets see...Sacrifice your life to save another life and automatically go to heaven, seems like a winning situation to me. People have died for far less benevolent reasons, some even selfishly.

XL5

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Aloysius the Gaul, so does the mall become safe to carefully pick appart after a week, month or after every one is dead? The only thing they have to lose in the mall are survivors! If they were to enter and caused a collapse, they could be sued for killing the trapped people, if they wait (for the people to die), there is "somehow" less blame. Will they wait for it to come down on its own or what?

It wouldn't be too hard for them to get cranes there in half a day and pull stuff out in reverse order. Its not like they need to fill out forums and wait 30 days for one is it?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

a very primitive statement nonetheless. enjoy your heaven after wasting your.....i guess life
edit on 27-6-2012 by Loon3yToOns because: (no reason given)

reply to post by BobAthome

read my whole post, especially the puppy one maybe you'll get it if not i can't put it in easier terms than those, sorry.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Loon3yToOns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
It wouldn't be too hard for them to get cranes there in half a day and pull stuff out in reverse order. Its not like they need to fill out forums and wait 30 days for one is it?

That's exactly what they're doing. What's the problem? The article in the OP is sensationalist. The search was never abandoned, it was halted temporarily so the debris could be assessed for stability. This is standard procedure when a building collapses despite what the trolls say.

XL5

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
TheComte, I hope that is happening but they should assess a bit faster then protesters can amass and survivors can die. Shouldn't take more then one day to get the crane and assess the loose singular bits, it would at least show people they are doing something.

I see all these robots that are meant to search through rubble being developed and the prototype works, yet, never hear of them being used. Who cares if they haven't sold any yet, its the perfect test! They could use a police heli with the IR camera to possibly see where the trapped are, but we don't hear about that.

As crude as this sounds, at what point does constant assessing become a game of waiting and for what point, for what end?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

Originally posted by Mister1k
[snip]

[color=FFDAC4]If your ignorance wasn't so dam hilarious, I might have been deeply hurt by those excessively rude comments.

If you were capable of comprehension, I possibly would even feel obligated to report your hostile arrogance, because that's just not the type of attitude that should be promoted around here. That's not only downright mean, but is a blatant violation of many of the Terms & Conditions to which you agreed to abide by, upon registering as a member of this website. If it wasn't for your overzealous stupidity, that comment would be completely unacceptable.

[color=EDFFF4]It's ok though. My mamma taught me to not make fun of people like yourself, whom have special needs. I don't blame you. It's not your fault that you're a hate-filled dunce. The blame most likely falls entirely on your parents, and other adult influences that you had (or should have had) as an underprivileged child.

Your teachers should have easily recognized that you required much more attention than the other children. Just know that I love you, from the bottom my heart, and I feel your pain. It'll be ok. If you feel the need, you can send me a private message, and I may give you the attention that you long for, and should have received many many years ago.

oh yeah, and umm P.S.
Go back and reread my post.
Then reread your reply to me.
Now riddle me this, infantile one: Which one of us was whining like a lil punk?

Since you're obviously a tad bit slow, I'll give you a lil hint→ It wasn't me.....

edit on 6/27/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

But the first guy that tried to stop me from digging would probably end up stabbed with a shovel!

So not only are you irresponsible, but you're violent too.

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyI don't blame people for not risking their own lives. We all have responsibilities. I might not want to dig in a dangerous situation for a stranger, because I want to be around for my own kids. BUT blocking access and refusing to let volunteers dig is outrageous!

Again, and I'll type really slowly: what if your actions caused your daughter to be killed, or others, because you went all gung ho with your shovel (lol, a shovel, what a lightweight). Letting volunteers who are untrained dig is outrageous.

I don't think it is any surprise that I am violent. I thought I've made that pretty clear in 3 years of posting on ATS. Yes, I am violent, but I am also extremely intelligent, so I'm a pretty dangerous character. I don't do anything "all gung ho." I do things the way they need to be done at the time, with the information and resources at hand. I don't wait for "officials" because I don't trust their expertise any more than anyone elses. If they happen to be there on site at the time, fine, but no way am I just waiting around for them. At the very least they could be finding the exact spot of the survivors and trying to fish some water and airlines down to them. Even if they can't remove the rubble, they could be doing pre-work, scouting the area, providing some relief for the injured, probing to see exactly what and where the heavy equipment is needed, and moving the loose debris to provide a working platform to begin the operation from. No way they should just be standing around waiting.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well kiddies the rescue efforts have continued throughout the night with a giant arm picking debris carefully off the rubble.....
When they have stabilised the rubble somewhat, then an engineer will assess whether its ok to send humans back into the pile.There have beeen NO signs of life since monday, so they do not believe theres anone left alive down there...
However they wil continue to dig till they have the bodies or the people out of there.....Freakin stupid arrogance to look down yer noses at those who have to risk it all to rescue a stranger......the diggers too probabl want to get back at it, but the Higher higher authorit deems it too unstable to be poking around right now.....
Shame on yose who have called the situation bass ackwards.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Listen all you trolls in mommy's basement.....

I am a firefighter trained in heavy rescue

While we all would like to rush in and do something it has to be done in the correct manner or

1) The rubble can/will shift and injure/kill either/both you and any victims still alive

Have to carefully remove the rubble layer by layer while shoring up the area

2) If find a victim you do not simply drag them out unless in severe danger of further injury

Doing so can if have suffered spinal injury cause paralysis, if the debris is compressing a limb it
may be acting as a tourniquet. Removing it may result in victim bleeding to death

The debris impacting a limb or body part cutting off the oxygen to the area result in tissue death Releasing
it causes the toxins to flood back into body - can cause cardiac arrest

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I don't think it is any surprise that I am violent.

Violent. Check.

Yes, I am violent, but I am also extremely intelligent, so I'm a pretty dangerous character.

Full of yourself. Check.

I do things the way they need to be done at the time, with the information and resources at hand. I don't wait for "officials" because I don't trust their expertise any more than anyone elses.

Think your smarter than engineers and architects and professional rescue crews, and foolishly ignore the advice of people with more experience in their trades than you, quite possibly killing people who would otherwise be saved. Check!

At the very least they could be finding the exact spot of the survivors and trying to fish some water and airlines down to them. Even if they can't remove the rubble, they could be doing pre-work, scouting the area, providing some relief for the injured, probing to see exactly what and where the heavy equipment is needed, and moving the loose debris to provide a working platform to begin the operation from. No way they should just be standing around waiting.

Love to know why you think this wasnt happening. Can you provide some information i havent read?

edit on 27-6-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

HAHA!

Also, Honest...check.

I'm not denying those things, but being those things doesn't make me wrong. I can be all of those things and still be correct on the issue. And I'm not claiming I am smarter than the engineers and architects, I'm just not automatically assuming they are smarter than me. Some of them might be, but then again I know many that are not. I'm just saying where one of my loved ones life is at risk, I would be intimately involved start to finish, and I wouldn't be wasting any time or trusting any officials just because they are official.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How about call in the Army , how about call in reinforcements , what the f**& is wrong with this country !!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by nightbringr

HAHA!

Also, Honest...check.

I'm not denying those things, but being those things doesn't make me wrong. I can be all of those things and still be correct on the issue. And I'm not claiming I am smarter than the engineers and architects, I'm just not automatically assuming they are smarter than me. Some of them might be, but then again I know many that are not. I'm just saying where one of my loved ones life is at risk, I would be intimately involved start to finish, and I wouldn't be wasting any time or trusting any officials just because they are official.

And im fairly convinced that even less intelligent people can be better at a job than someone much smarter after many years of experience.

There is a very good reason engineers go to school for many years. Its not an easy course, and requires above average intelligence to grasp the math. Say what you want, if you have no engineering experience or knowledge, im convinced you are NOT the right man to be calling shots or digging through rubble without supervision.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Brain dead comments of the the Peanut Gallery have yet to show an ounce of INTELLIGENCE.
The percieved halt in rescue efforts is to allow MACHINERY to REMOVE, VERY CAREFULLY, more RUBBLE from off the pile........
NOT to do so......WOULD LIKELY ressult in MORE DEATH OR INJURY.......This cannot be hurried or half assed, as the buried victims may be CRUSHED by the efforts to SAVE them!
Or dont you people get that????
NOBODY HAS ABANDONED THE VICTIMS!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Three days huh? Where did you hear that? from some goverment billboard? People who repeat this nonsense have their heads somewhere, but it aint here in reality where I live. Well you are wrong, and I think you know you are speaking or repeating a lie, but that's okay because it's believed by the whole world, or academia. This is called Deception, and the whole world has it.

I can go at least three weeks without water, and just got through doing a good month so I know what I'm saying. I don't drink water, and haven't for probably the last 10 years. I hate water (not really) but if someone has soda, beer, juice, ...and they offer me water, I feel internaly like they're tring to give me something but don't want to share the good stuff... I'm not kidding, and I am proof positive that 3 weeks/3 Days crap is just that CRAP! Please don't come back with ..... Oh you probably get your water from other sources, because I'll say No I am extremely educated on food and water and sometimes I just don't like food or drink and fast, for 3, 5, days, 2 weeks and it's nothing but mind over matter.

To make such a blanket statement to defend your belief that some person should have authority over me to say I can't go in there and do whatever I want. As far as being private property, I think not, there is no such thing. Yahweh owns your body and your sould, you own nothing, and he gave you an example of what is pleasing in his site, that exemplery character wouldn't be standing around waiting for permission

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join