It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elliot lake, Ontario Mall Collapse- Survivors trapped, Rescue Abandoned

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Disgusting... gutless cowards placing their own safety over the lives of others ...

will refrain from further comment as what think of such cowards would get me a permanent ban ...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

It should of been a 24/7 job from the start which i'm sure it was. Was there not enough excavation of debris at the same time to get to other areas. is there no organization that could offer the proper material to help hold certain areas of the structure up with the right stilts. With enough people anything is possible!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
$30 million law suit filed for the victims and a bunch of filled urns are trapped .

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Each individual on the front-line can make that decision for themselves. However, no official should call it off nor should it officially be called off. Totally understandable for any or everyone involved to chose not to risk it, for what ever reason. That should not close the doors on outsiders giving it a try, or engineers working on something, or airdropping water in, or etc.

What about Chili? They had to bring in engineers from all over to draft up plans for an alternative tunnel, and then construction workers worked in shifts 24/7 non-stop in record time to get to the miners that most thought were dead. It was a miracle they all survived. Imagine if they deemed it "too dangerous" and shut down shop without considering any alternative?

The difference is that they knew the chili miners were alive. If they knew the mall victims were alive at the time, they wouldn't have stopped (hopefully). To risk more lives to find corpses will never be worth the risk, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Rescue personnel knew exactly what they were signing up for. They are the ones that signed up to go into the most dangerous positions to save lives and they knew it when they signed the dotted line..

I am ashamed of my neighbors to the north right now... Ashamed...

Lets just hope they do not give up...
edit on 11-7-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Whats bugging me now about this story is there is no information how the woman died. Did she die of injuries or starvation, dehydration, or suffocation. She did dies almost 4 days after she was trapped.

Why dont they publicize if she died from the collapse or lack of rescue?

I thought that maybe they accidently killed her and left the site saying it was unsafe allowing for ample to time to pass as not to be blamed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join