It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The problem here is the Federal Government breaks the law everyday and Arizona their duly elected government tried to handle their own internal matters, as to "nationalism" is exactly what happened today so that the left get their voting base.

You mean the left of the Right. As for securing their voter base, give me a break...that is more lazy logic coming from the far Right. Illegals can't vote and the proof of illegals voting was so outrageously overblown there's not even a word for how ridiculous it is. Reality tells a different story. To be honest though, I don't even care about Democrats they're as idiotic as Republicans.

Enough with the damn hyperbole how hard is it for anyone to come here the legal way?

It is hardly hyperbole, this is how it started in Germany with Jewish people.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kali74

The problem here is the Federal Government breaks the law everyday and Arizona their duly elected government tried to handle their own internal matters, as to "nationalism" is exactly what happened today so that the left get their voting base.

Enough with the damn hyperbole how hard is it for anyone to come here the legal way?

The same way millions of immigrants have done, but what?

Mexicans so special they get to do whatever the hell they want to?

Apparently and some people are all to happy to oblige.

Apparently some people are too lazy to read.

Here lets clear that up:

And then someone showed their true colors.

link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Why not? If I get pulled over they ask me for a license and registration. I have no problem providing that. So if they stop an illegal and ask for license and registration is that illegal? And if they dont have those then what? They have to let them go because they were not arrested? Do you see how grey and fuzzy this mess just got?

Um...he will still be guilty of driving without a license if he fails to show one when being pulled over which is a crime he can be detained for.

Can a cop just pull you over on the sidewalk where you appear to be walking and sober and not presenting a danger to yourself or others and ask you to prove you are not guilty of a crime?
edit on 25-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What the hell is that suppose to mean?

Seriously?

What the hell?

I expected better and who else would the Arizona immigration law effect?

Oh, I don't know...El Salvadorians, Guatemalans, Hondurans, Ecudaorians, Chinese, Philipinos, Koreans, Candadians, Russians, Germans, British, Australians...shall I go on???

But you go ahead...and just point out the Mexicans...and then claim it isn't about racial profiling

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by TheTardis

The arresting officer would still have to prove probably cause or be held liable. They cant just walk up and say "you look Mexican, Where are your papers". It doesn't work that way but the liberal media wants you to think so.

You don't live in reality. People are stopped everyday because of the color of their skin with no probable cause. And if there is a probable cause it is usually a made up one.

Ok.. Then by this same logic being used here to say go after the companies and not the immigrants then we need to go after the corrupt police and let the law stand. Right?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by neo96

Because the immigration bill was for all illegals and not just Mexicans. It just piss poor how people want to start off talking about illegal immigration only to turn it into a Mexican thing.

Go ask Sheriff Joe how many Chinese and other nationalities he has put in his tent city. I'm sure Mexicans aren't the only ones Arizona has come across.

Dude, IT IS A MEXICAN THING.

Never thought I'd agree with Neo, but I have to. I nearly pissed myself when he wrote "What the Hell."

Look, Arizona shares a border with Mexico. The Mexicans coming here illegally are the problem. We can call them illegal aliens, but they're STILL MEXICAN.

Let's not get caught up in calling racism. They are Mexican. Hell, they'd be the first to tell you they are.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You already admitted everything needs to go through ICE...I'm not sure why you are still trying to defend your original position of police just being able to deport them in an easy, simple way.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You mean the left of the Right. As for securing their voter base, give me a break...that is more lazy logic coming from the far Right. Illegals can't vote and the proof of illegals voting was so outrageously overblown there's not even a word for how ridiculous it is. Reality tells a different story. To be honest though, I don't even care about Democrats they're as idiotic as Republicans.

Right illegals can't vote:

www.thecuttingedgenews.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.naplesnews.com...
www.independentsentinel.com...

It is hardly hyperbole, this is how it started in Germany with Jewish people.

Yeah just like the fascists always want to get rid of banks and corporations so what is the damn difference?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Did you see the penalties for hiring illegals...they are laughable.

Suspending your business license...

Not a problem...create another corp and get another one.

Seriously...it's sad that you think that is coming down hard on the employers.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by TheTardis

Why not? If I get pulled over they ask me for a license and registration. I have no problem providing that. So if they stop an illegal and ask for license and registration is that illegal? And if they dont have those then what? They have to let them go because they were not arrested? Do you see how grey and fuzzy this mess just got?

Um...he will still be guilty of driving without a license if he fails to show one when being pulled over which is a crime he can be detained for.

Can a cop just pull you over on the sidewalk where you appear to be walking and sober and not presenting a danger to yourself or others and ask you to prove you are not guilty of a crime?
edit on 25-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

And this law didnt give them that right either so whats your point? They have to have PROBABLE CAUSE whatever that may be. I am missing your point completely.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Let's not get caught up in calling racism. They are Mexican. Hell, they'd be the first to tell you they are.

And you would be surprised how many Central and South Americans claim to be Mexicans so that they will be deported closer to the border.

link   

You know what? When I was out of the country I was told it was illegal for me to walk around without my passport. I didnt complain. That was the law in that country from what I was told and I was happy to abide by it. And people around here that walk around without any ID are called homeless people.

And if I was outside of my own country...I would carry my passport.

But inside my own country...I don't have to carry a damn thing...and I often don't.

I go on jogs, walks, bike rides...and never carry any identification.

It is said that you think I should be detained in America for doing so.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by neo96

What the hell is that suppose to mean?

Seriously?

What the hell?

I expected better and who else would the Arizona immigration law effect?

Oh, I don't know...El Salvadorians, Guatemalans, Hondurans, Ecudaorians, Chinese, Philipinos, Koreans, Candadians, Russians, Germans, British, Australians...shall I go on???

But you go ahead...and just point out the Mexicans...and then claim it isn't about racial profiling

Did we finally get where you wanted to go Outkast? Can you finally call us all Racists? That "IS" where this thread is headed now, Right?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I know and understand that there are lots of Salvadorians and Ecuadorians and etc......

For the sake of not getting off topic though, I understood what he meant. He said Mexicans. Many are Mexican. Why the need to question his true colors. You knew what he meant.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe if you used punctuation, I would understand what you meant better. I thought you were referring to my references to yellow stars and rounding people up as hyperbole.

Revealing my true colors? Explain. I'm pretty sure I never hold back on anything.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah Arizona are racists and anyone who agrees that something should be done about illegal immigration in this country are racists.

Apparently everyone can break the law illegals and the current administration but those who try(Arizona) to are deemed to be,and support that are racist!.

Pick any other issue the left is famous for and one can see their blatant hypocrisy.

edit on 25-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Your double speak is very bad.
If every law is to be enforced, then why did 0bama just last week say certain laws won't be?

Because that is his job...to set priorities so the law is enforced to it's fullest potential using the resources that are available.

Again...name the certain law that is never going to be enforced...you can't...because it doesn't exist.

Sure, when the process was not followed, or a number of other things.

So I guess everyone is guilty of not enforcing the laws...stupid cops...wish they would do their job.

Ah,, I see the nature of this statement. You are trying to lay ground work in defense of selective enforcement of lower level laws.

I'm trying to show you that this is done at every level because resources are limited.

I shouldn't have to show you this...because it is common sense...but you dont' seem to be able to see it so I have to demonstrate it to you.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Did you see the penalties for hiring illegals...they are laughable.

Suspending your business license...

Not a problem...create another corp and get another one.

Seriously...it's sad that you think that is coming down hard on the employers.

Again.. Open your EYES and read. You are just foaming at the mouth like a dog with a crappy bone.. I never said they were harsh penalties. I said they were a Start and I defended that point of view. Quit jumping to the last page of the book like a 2 year old. I also said that I supported stiffer penalties. But you insinuate they were not doing anything. But in defense. I betcha a company with a recognizable name and a good reputation would be none too happy with losing their business license. And you realize those have to be granted. Not sure what the process is but it shouldn't be too hard to track and not grant business licenses to repeat offenders and I bet the process of gaining all new permits and licenses isnt cheap.

But as usual. STOP TRYING TO PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No we are ignorant to the "facts" as you perceive them but if there is one thing I have learned on this board so far is that you speak for the vast minority so therefore I must understand the "facts" the way the majority understands them and I am good with that.

I take disagreeing with the majority in the politics section of ATS as a compliment.

I showed you that Obama is doing more than other presidents as far as deportation and border enforcement. These are verifiable and unbiased facts...you can go look up the numbers right now...I gave you links to do so...but you choose re remain willfully ignorant.

You are a perfect example as to why I am fine being in the minority.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this ruling. I have come to recognize that, politics aside, the US government wants to take away more and more rights and freedoms, and oppress the people. However, there is still the dichotomy of the liberal v conservative agendas. The hyperbole of the right has generally argued for states rights and secure borders and immigration. Therefore, I would have expected the right leaning SCOTUS to support Arizona. It makes me wonder if this was just a bone thrown to the White House before trashing Obamacare this Thursday.

This ruling effectively told states they do not have the authority to enforce federal law. I hope that states acknowledge this and stop wasting resources on commissions of federal crimes.

Arizona was not writing their own laws on how or who can immigrate, thus not in violation of the constitution.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join