It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Go ask Sheriff Joe how many Chinese and other nationalities he has put in his tent city. I'm sure Mexicans aren't the only ones Arizona has come across.

Very true.

Arizona has a huge Chinese population. And I know there have been Chinese caught trying to enter from Mexico.

link   
reply to post by Kali74

How about reading the damn thread that post was in response to this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Punctuation the topic here or is the using the law to defend breaking the law?
edit on 25-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by neo96

Fascists don't want to get rid of Banks and Corporations that's who holds their leashes.

I never said no illegals vote, I said it's extremely blown out of proportion by the far Right.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by TheTardis

You know what? When I was out of the country I was told it was illegal for me to walk around without my passport. I didnt complain. That was the law in that country from what I was told and I was happy to abide by it. And people around here that walk around without any ID are called homeless people.

And if I was outside of my own country...I would carry my passport.

But inside my own country...I don't have to carry a damn thing...and I often don't.

I go on jogs, walks, bike rides...and never carry any identification.

It is said that you think I should be detained in America for doing so.

So you think it is ok for someone from another country to not carry their papers? But you think it is ok that you or I should have to when were in another country?

You support preferential treatment of illegals. Just so were clear on that.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

All this seems to work out to some fairly simple conclusions:
1. The Left does not really recognize national borders.
2. The Left does not believe in enforcing standing laws it finds inconvenient.
3. The Left screams "racism" at the drop of a hat. The Left has robbed the word of ALL meaning.

1. The Arizona law had nothing to do with border enforcement.

2. Standing laws are being enforced at an increased rate under Obama.

3. Who, besides those against immigration, have brought up racism in this thread?

You seem to be lacking in facts.

I do see a bright ray of sunshine to all of this. A previous poster was right in that eventually, the "several states" will have had enough, and reclaim their rights under the constitution. This will happen because, in the US at least, the Left's skills involve singing and demonstrating. The Right's skills involve knowing which end of the tube a round comes out of. Financial tip: invest in backhoes!

7.62mm. 2400fps. A vote they can't miscount.

Advocating murder to get your way.

Very nice of you.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yeah except is is totally acceptable for a cop to ask to see your papers(drivers licence) and everyone else who asks for identification.

so what the hell was the difference?

It's only acceptable for them to ask for your driver's license if you are driving a car.

You aren't required to carry identification on you in the United States.

It's sad and scary that you think we should be doing so.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Just shows how "classy" those to the far right have become Outkast.
2nd.

link   
reply to post by neo96

What?

link   
reply to post by Fromabove

So tid bits were struck down, but the core remains upheld. Unlike Obahmnercare which is so totally going down.

I see you listened to Jan Brewers press conference...since you used her exact words.

Yes...the part that was upheld is the part that is already in pracitce in every state across the nation...what a great "win" for Arizona.

It's so sad that people fall for rhetoric so easily.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
This nation use to pride itself on equality that race and skin color did not matter for anything, and yet the Scotus ruling is saying they will get on their knees to accomodate one demographic in this country, and not in the name of freedom or justice, or equality.

But for petty politics.

The SCOTUS ruling was to protect American citizens.

I'm sorry you can't see that...because you appear to be obsessed with race yourself.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Did we finally get where you wanted to go Outkast? Can you finally call us all Racists? That "IS" where this thread is headed now, Right?

Who brought up race?

I'm sorry...I will call out racist when they freely admit they are.

If you don't want this to be about race...maybe you should call them out as well and tell them to not make it about race.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Fascists don't want to get rid of Banks and Corporations that's who holds their leashes

Fascists don't want to get rid of illegal immigration that's who holds their leashes, and pretty damn fascist to come here illegally take what they want,and then take opportunity from a legal American citizen.

I never said no illegals vote, I said it's extremely blown out of proportion by the far Right.

Breaking the law coming here,and then break the law by voting is a "non issue" because it is "supposedly blown out of proportion".

Fact illegals do vote which should not be happening,.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Doom and Gloom

You are absolutely correct, and yet the Federal government is NOT upholding it's own immigration laws.

I'll ask you the same question I asked TheTardis (which he couldn't answer).

What Immigration law is the Federal Government not upholding???

It Seems to me that a lot of Obama Fans are forgetting the Fact that Illegal means Illegal, if you was to do something illegal being a citizen you get in trouble pretty quickly, the Fact that their Illegal means that have no rights what so ever as far as our laws our concerned. Why is ever other country allowed to enforce their immigration laws but us and well maybe the UK? Why is it People believe numbers from a News source that is bought and Paid for by people that care very little what happens to them. Illegal is Illegal their is no arguing against it. Their is a way to come into this country.

Yes! Arizona has been a little over zealous with their immigration battles but at least their trying to do something about all the death migrating north. Our government seems to be helping it, but hey its you and every other blind Citizens right to Free Speech. When our country falls cause not enough of us U.S Citizens didn't wake up in time to stop it well.... you can just pat yourself on the back and be happy you helped cause all this around you. Pettiness and Greed has corrupted our Nation and It's People and a very little margin seems to care at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Immigrants and foreigners are. This ruling seems to overwrite that aspect of the law.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

yeah except is is totally acceptable for a cop to ask to see your papers(drivers licence) and everyone else who asks for identification.

so what the hell was the difference?

It's only acceptable for them to ask for your driver's license if you are driving a car.

It's sad and scary that you think we should be doing so.

Since millions of Americans drive to get to where ever they are going yeah they are required by law since they are suppose to have it on them every single time they get behind the wheel of a vehicle.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So you think it is ok for someone from another country to not carry their papers? But you think it is ok that you or I should have to when were in another country?

You support preferential treatment of illegals. Just so were clear on that.

Wow...you don't follow conversations very well...do you?

We weren't talking about somoene from another country...we were talking about American citizens having to carry "papers" in their own damn country.

You said you were willing to do it...I said I wasn't...you are somehow justifying it by saying you have to carry a passport when in another country.

Go back...and read the conversation slowly...then think about what you just posted and see if you can find your logic mistake.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Immigrants and foreigners are. This ruling seems to overwrite that aspect of the law.

Please explain how this ruling absolves immigrants or foreigners from having to carry their Visa or Passport in the United States.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Since millions of Americans drive to get to where ever they are going yeah they are required by law since they are suppose to have it on them every single time they get behind the wheel of a vehicle.

And one of the main parts that was struck down was going to require Americans to carry identification with them at all times...driving...walking...sitting on a bench...just so some local cop won't mistakenly detain them because he "thinks" they look illegal.

What problem do you have with that???

Are you in favor of Americans having to produce "papers" to prove they are free???

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
When sheriff Joe finishes with Obama he'll fix the supreme court.

Sheriff Joe for dictator in 2012.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

And one of the main parts that was struck down was going to require Americans to carry identification with them at all times...driving...walking...sitting on a bench...just so some local cop won't mistakenly detain them because he "thinks" they look illegal.

What problem do you have with that???

Are you in favor of Americans having to produce "papers" to prove they are free???

Yeah they were free to leave Arizona if they don't like it just like they were free to come here.

People get asked for papaers everyday in this country get pulled over,open a bank account. open a video rental membership,hell even a gym membership.

That breaking the law?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join