It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by Honor93

No the ER does not provide healthcare
yes i know, they provide emergent medical interventions (
) - pc enough ??

I need to know what this has to do with being politically correct. I do not get it? They are two different things, not two different terms for the same thing. You know that different things are different, right?
what exactly, do you perceive are two different things ?? healthcare and insurance ?? hospitals and laws ?? hospitals and medical interventions ?? healthcare and the providers of it ??
what exactly ??

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by NavyDoc

So we don't need ObamaCare.

Everyone has mandatory care at the Emergency Room.
BINGO !!
and no offense intended to NavyDoc, but yes, i know, that's the whole point.
however, thanks for clarifying the EMTLA, i hadn't reveiwed it in many years and wasn't sure if had changed but i am sure the law/rule still applies at a public/county level.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

Show me a poor person that gets the same health care as a rich person.
sure, break a rib and i can easily show you the disparity between service and fee.
the rich, insured patient, will get sapped for every dollar billable - avg cost $20,000.
the poor, non-insured patient, will get the same "care" but at a much lesser expense - avg $1,000

funny thing here is ... the "care" or treatment administered to both will be the same as it always has been, since ribs were first broken ... there is no grand medical advance that treats this injury differently between patients or differently than 20yrs ago.
The only difference is one has insurance (that can be readily exploited) and the other needs treatment, nothing else.

edit to add: so regarding Magic Johnson, what are you suggesting, that he is some kind of Magic Pill ??

edit on 1-7-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

edit to add: so regarding Magic Johnson, what are you suggesting, that he is some kind of Magic Pill ??

edit on 1-7-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

You can get cancer and die.
You can get cancer and spend a lot of money staying alive longer with a better quality of life.
Apparently you can do the same with aids.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

No the ER does not provide healthcare
yes i know, they provide emergent medical interventions (
) - pc enough ??

I need to know what this has to do with being politically correct. I do not get it? They are two different things, not two different terms for the same thing. You know that different things are different, right?
what exactly, do you perceive are two different things ?? healthcare and insurance ?? hospitals and laws ?? hospitals and medical interventions ?? healthcare and the providers of it ??
what exactly ??

Healthcare

and

Emergency Medical services.

Why are you having so much trouble following this thread?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You can get cancer and die.
i possess the knowledge that will help cure it as well.

You can get cancer and spend a lot of money staying alive longer with a better quality of life.
and, i can get cancer and off myself too.
i can also spend lots of money trying to stay alive, yet die anyway.
i can get alot of things ... and ... i can do alot of things about them, no insurance necessary.

Apparently you can do the same with aids.
as can be said about every condition on the market today.
again, that is my risk and resolve, not yours.

ummmm, emergency medical services are part of "healthcare" or are you confused ??
medical services (healthcare) are just that, the mode in which they are delivered (emergent) is irrelevant to this discussion.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

i possess the knowledge that will help cure it as well.

No you do not.

and, i can get cancer and off myself too.
i can also spend lots of money trying to stay alive, yet die anyway.
i can get alot of things ... and ... i can do alot of things about them, no insurance necessary.

That does absolutely nothing to argue against my point that more money = better healthcare.

as can be said about every condition on the market today.
again, that is my risk and resolve, not yours.

Nope. We all need healthcare at some point. EVERYONE. Name me one free market item that fits that.

ummmm, emergency medical services are part of "healthcare" or are you confused ??

Yup and a screw is part of my desk but a screw is not a desk. Are you confused?

medical services (healthcare) are just that, the mode in which they are delivered (emergent) is irrelevant to this discussion.

It is quite relevant if you insist on ignorantly demanding those two different things are the same thing. They are not the same thing.

Quit being stupid on purpose because it is annoying as hell.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

No you do not.
baseless, infantile and argumentative

now that's a great foundation from which to form your argument

That does absolutely nothing to argue against my point that more money = better healthcare.
why would i argue the obvious ??
however, one could suggest that all the money in the world that has been contributed has done little to improve health care overall.
considering in 200yrs, no member of the medical industry can even identify the function of an appendix.

We all need healthcare at some point. EVERYONE. Name me one free market item that fits that
no one says we won't need healthcare at some point but we sure don't need insurance.
one free market that exists on demand ?? is that what you're asking?
ok ... oil
need another? ... education -- enough yet?, how 'bout this one ... apparel/fashion

what does a desk or a screw have to do with healthcare ??
can either set a broken bone ??
how about remove a bullet ??
maybe resolve an infection ??
-- surprise -- i can do all of the above without your version of health care or insurance.
(girl scouts has its benefits)

Quit being stupid on purpose because it is annoying as hell
IF you would follow your own advice, ^^^ it'd be greatly appreciated

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

No you do not.

That is really kind of what I thought about you claiming to be able to cure yourself of anything. I look forward to your thread on your immortality then.

Otherwise...NO YOU DO NOT.

Sorry it is not wordier for you but it is all it needs to be. You made a claim. I say it is BS. That is really all there is to that.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No you do not.

That is really kind of what I thought about you claiming to be able to cure yourself of anything. I look forward to your thread on your immortality then.

Otherwise...NO YOU DO NOT.

Sorry it is not wordier for you but it is all it needs to be. You made a claim. I say it is BS. That is really all there is to that.
really ?? you'll be waiting a while as i don't author threads, i have more important things to maintain, like my health

and actually, i relayed experience, you made a claim, now prove it

as that's the ATS way.

ps: why are you discussing health issues in an immigration thread anyway ??

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

really ?? you'll be waiting a while as i don't author threads, i have more important things to maintain, like my health

Because knowing how to cure cancer is probably something you do not want to share.

and actually, i relayed experience, you made a claim, now prove it

as that's the ATS way.

No, that is not what happened at all.

You said you claim the knowledge to cure cancer.
No experience expressed there, just a claim.
I called it BS.
You gotta prove you.

ps: why are you discussing health issues in an immigration thread anyway ??

Why am I??????
So you have not been discussing it for the last 3 pages?

You are bad at this.
Hey, ask SunnyDee or look back at your last 3 pages of posts.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

notice, i never said i "know how to cure cancer" ... just so we're clear here, i said -- i have the knowledge that has led to many cures over the years.
knowledge i am not afraid to share, employ or expand.

i'm always glad to share, have in other theads and will again, just not in this one.
here, see for yourself ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

that's nonsense and you know it.
just because i engaged you in a thread derail doesn't absolve me of the right to call you on it.

out of respect for ATS, the OP and the topic, i'm done.
have a good evening.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

notice, i never said i "know how to cure cancer" ... just so we're clear here, i said -- i have the knowledge that has led to many cures over the years.

I said what if you get cancer.
You said you possess the knowledge to cure it.
Are you changing what you said or forgetting because I am starting to think you do this crap intentionally.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Are you changing what you said or forgetting because I am starting to think you do this crap intentionally.
and here is the original post ... any chance you'll apologize for your repeated misrepresentation?

posted on 2-7-2012 @ 10:22 PM this post reply to post by habitforming
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you said - You can get cancer and die.

i responded - i possess the knowledge that will help cure it as well.
which, btw, is the same truth today as it was when i typed it but by all means, don't let the TRUTH stand in your way

edit on 7-7-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Topic is Arizona's Immigration laws. Just a gentle reminder.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

and here is the original post ... any chance you'll apologize for your repeated misrepresentation?

posted on 2-7-2012 @ 10:22 PM this post reply to post by habitforming
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you said - You can get cancer and die.

i responded - i possess the knowledge that will help cure it as well.
which, btw, is the same truth today as it was when i typed it but by all means, don't let the TRUTH stand in your way

edit on 7-7-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

I do not see what misrepresentation you are claiming. Even what you quoted backs up what I said. You claim to posses the knowledge to cure cancer. What do you expect an apology for?
Until I see you cure cancer I am at a loss as to what you think is happening here.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join