It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Shismar?!
From "Enemy Mine"?
That is a good analogy that will probably be lost on most people.
Well played.
edit on 24-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

I'm really sorry but I really don't understand how you need to be a freemason to have the "freedom" to be buddhist. Are there a lot of buddha haters who are out to get you?

The quest will fail because masons take it upon themselves to act as god. Ordo ab Chao? That's GOD'S JOB. Not some dude who fudges the tax books, lights incense for Baal, and interacts with the world with an air of superiority and entitlement.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Adonis is Greek. Adonay is Hebrew. They're not interchangeable.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by JoshNorton

Can you repeat the question?

Is there a conflict of interest between Christian beliefs and doctrine and masonic belief and doctrine?

False idol?

1) None whatever. What impresses me no end is that a few self-righteously antagonistic non-Masons seem to so desperately want to pillory a fraternity that works to harness men of sound morals and faiths to the yoke of making the world in general a more tolerable existence for all regardless of belief and seem more comfortable believing all sorts of unsupported and unsupportable lies no matter how often the truth is repeated

2) No idol (at least insofar as involves Freemasonry. Sorry to disabuse you of a cherished belief.

But then again, I'm a Mason so the most likely response will be that I'm either lying to protect the fraternity or I'm just not high enough to know differently. Of course coming from a non-Mason, pointing out the hubris of such a position would likely be lost on them

Fitz

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

But masons only need to pledge to "A" God, not a specific God.

Masons don't pledge anything. They have to believe in the Almighty, Supreme Creator of all that is. Full stop. Would you gainsay a French Christian because he believes in Dieu? Or a Polish one for his belief in Bóg? Instead of desperately trying to resurrect old hates, why not try to work together that there might be peace on Earth by encouraging understanding and respect instead of making this existence Hell?

Fitz

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Yep. I love the logic used to argue against Masons.

Oh you disagree with me and actually have real information? Lies! Youre just covering for the Brothers in your satanic death cult! You arent a million and one degree mason so you dont know what youre talkng about!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Thanks for the link, but you'll have to forgive me if I can't fully trust an article written directly by biased Mason sources.

Yet you seem quick to accept as Gospel anything Masonic that you think backstops your argument. Either it's all wrong or it's all right; you can't cherrypick validity

Fitz

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Germanicus

I did not say I know more about masons than anyone. I know little in fact. Masons do not really interest me.

Thank you for your honesty about you knowledge of Masonry. Clearly Freemasonry piques you enough to post away on a forum dedicated to secret societies and to proudly broadcast your unformed opinion to all and sundry worldwide.

Odd manner of demonstrating your 'lack of interest'.

A bunch of cowards hiding in shadows is my opinion. Im not looking for em.

Posting on a web forum's an odd way to 'hide in shadows'. Ditto having those buildings with the Square and Compasses on them. Ditto having Facebook pages and Internet web sites.

What I was saying is that I think most masons on here are obviously low level. It seems they are a bunch of tryhards that pretend that they know stuff about masons. They do not.

By what manner would you suggest your opinion has any validity insomuch as you earlier stated "I did not say I know more about masons than anyone. I know little in fact"?

And your average mason knows no more about masons than the general population has access to. So you guys could probably stop talking down to people and acting like you know stuff. You do not.

Silly me. And here I thought personal experience of something conferred greater understanding of something than that possessed by the average non-experiencer. I guess I'll have to scratch out the definition of "hubris" from my dictionary too.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If it was such a big open secret that Masonry did in fact encourage its members to rape and murder children, do you honestly believe there would be one Masonic lodge still standing in the world?

Are you really that gullible?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
If it was such a big open secret that Masonry did in fact encourage its members to rape and murder children, do you honestly believe there would be one Masonic lodge still standing in the world?

Are you really that gullible?

Be still my foolish heart.....will not answer as human weakness would have me....will not answer as human weakness would have me....will not answer as human weakness would have me....

Fitz

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Ummmmm....

Protocols, how is any of this crap relavent to the discussion topic?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

It is substantiating evidence to back up why hundreds of christians would openly protest freemasonry where they live. That is the thread topic right? This is why men and women of love are renouncing "the craft".
edit on 24-6-2012 by protocolsoflove because: typo

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join