It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Is Christianity compatible with Masonry? In my opinion it is. It may not be in yours. If it's not, and you are a Christian, don't join. It would be a shame to be so insecure that you rely on other people opinion to make a life changing decision.

Pike is one guy who had opinions and wrote them down. Even though most people aren't smart enough to understand what he writes, (since they constantly take him out of context) whatever his opinions are, they are his and his alone. If you share his opinion, great, if you don't then that's fine too.

Are the protesters right? If they truly know what they are protesting and why and they still don't like it, then yes they are. But if they are like the OP and admit to not knowing, yet they still want to judge, then they are making a decision based on ignorance and that is NEVER a good idea. (IMHO)

Either way, masonry will still be here, and those that don't understand it will be as well. Duality in its finest hour.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I've never dined with SGC, but I have shared a whiskey with Billy Koon and had lunch with Ed Harrison. I would have gone with George Sellars to Europe, but he didn't make it for health reasons, and I had to bail for financial ones.

I did get my butt kicked once by Rex Hutchens at a game of Chess.

I would have shared a drink with Augustus when I was on the East Coast, but I was still a bit too far out of the driving range for either of us.

reply to post by protocolsoflove

They call themselves "born again". Did you not watch the video or heard anything from most of the "christian" zealots on this forum?

reply to post by WhoKnows100

Well, bully to the "pagans". Step of your #ing high horse and settle down. That is why I identified it with a lowercase "g".

The Lodge is not the place for conversion or proselytizing. No ideology, religious or political, is to be pushed in the Lodge. Nowhere have I denied Christ so simmer down. Just because we don't follow your narrow misguided fascist thought process doesn't mean we're doing anything wrong. My relationship with God is between us. I don't need your permission nor do I seek it.

No other Gods? Yeah, I vaguely remember reading about it in a book. Not elevating my god above another doesn't mean I'm taking another ones god before my own. I don't mock God, I venerate and give Him due homage.

You're the kind of person who has kept me out of Church, but I don't need to go to Church to know God. My quote does not contradict the verse. Again, if I'm a staunch follower of Christ, I live a good life, do good things, and by the blessings of God, how would I not enter Heaven? Nowhere in Freemasonry do we deny Christ nor have I denied Christ. You just don't seem to get it, nor am I here to convince you. Hatred and prejudice has blinded you.

Freemasonry doesn't tell me there are other gods. How hard is it for you to wrap your tiny mind around? Men of various faiths enter together, but no religious dogma is not pushed. No other gods are pushed and pray to only my God. Quit trying to twist words and pull things out of context. I know that my soul is in tact and I don't need to listen to a forked tongue to lecture me.

No, you're feaux "christianity" is nothing more than self-righteous, pretentious fascists who think they know better than others. My distaste for you doesn't mean I hate Christ, that's just stupid and illogical. There is no blasphemy in Freemasonry. "christians" like you hate freedom and always want control, I guess your kind has to lash out when people have a free mind (a mind for God) and don't obey your rule, man's rule. I am a persecutor? I'm not the one in here pointing fingers, judging...something you have no place to do.

reply to post by DeadSnow

Which book is that? What page? Nowhere in Morals & Dogma does he even mention the name Adonay.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Do you preach in the stores? At work? In public areas such as schools or libraries?

Have you ever eaten shell fish? Worn clothing of multiple fabrics?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Page 494, page 241, page 520, 474, 499, 663.

He mentions Adonai=Adonay.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Well, bully to the "pagans".  Step of your #ing high horse and settle down.  That is why I identified it with a lowercase "g".

The Lodge is not the place for conversion or proselytizing.  No ideology, religious or political, is to be pushed in  the Lodge. Nowhere have I denied Christ so simmer down. Just because we don't follow your narrow misguided fascist thought process doesn't mean we're doing anything wrong.  My relationship with God is between us. I don't need your permission nor do I seek it.

Of course it is considering your Christian brethren, whom you are commanded to feed and clothe and give drink to, are in there with you. Or do you forsake all the commands of Christ Jesus? Or is it just the ones you don't agree with? "When we pray, we each pray to the god of our individual faith". THERE IS NO GOD BUT ONE. What does Light have to do with darkness? 

No other Gods?  Yeah, I vaguely remember reading about it in a book.  Not elevating my god above another doesn't mean I'm taking another ones god before my own.  I don't mock God, I venerate and give Him due homage.

By stating your belief that other gods exist, and by stating that they are equivalent in offering salvation, you most certainly are blaspheming the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He alone is the Redeemer. You know this if you are His, so your direct actions -agreeing to be part of an organisation that teaches that there is more than one path outside of faith in the Redeemer - is truly blasphemous for it contradicts the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

You're the kind of person who has kept me out of Church, but I don't need to go to Church to know God.  My quote does not contradict the verse.  Again, if I'm a staunch follower of Christ, I live a good life, do good things, and by the blessings of God, how would I not enter Heaven?  Nowhere in Freemasonry do we deny Christ nor have I denied Christ.  You just don't seem to get it, nor am I here to convince you.  Hatred and prejudice has blinded you.

The thing that keeps you out is your insistence that there is more than one path to salvation, even though scripture states that there is only one God who saves and only one name under Heaven by which we are saved. If you want to call that hatred and prejudice then you demonstrate in your words where your allegiance lays, you demonstrate that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is A LIAR.

Freemasonry doesn't tell me there are other gods.  How hard is it for you to wrap your tiny mind around?  Men of various faiths enter together, but no religious dogma is not pushed.  No other gods are pushed and pray to only my God.  Quit trying to twist words and pull things out of context.  I know that my soul is in tact and I don't need to listen to a forked tongue to lecture me.

So you believe that the Holy Spirit has a forked tongue, do you? Freemasonry fully believes and indoctrinates its members to believe that all will be saved without faith in Jesus and without obeying God's commands. It couldn't be more clear that you place the dogma of Freemasonry above God's commands.

No, you're feaux "christianity" is nothing more than self-righteous, pretentious fascists who think they know better than others. My distaste for you doesn't mean I hate Christ, that's just stupid and illogical.  There is no blasphemy in Freemasonry.  "christians" like you hate freedom and always want control, I guess your kind has to lash out when people have a free mind (a mind for God) and don't obey your rule, man's rule. I am a persecutor?  I'm not the one in here pointing fingers, judging...something you have no place to do.

You reject the Sovereignty of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. You reject that He is the only REDEEMER. You reject that you are to love your brethren in Christ. You reject His gospel as "fascist". You reject me because YOU REJECT HIM. You hate me because you HATED HIM FIRST. You reject me because the Holy Spirit speaks truth and you REJECT HIS TRUTH. This is where your religion of Freemasonry has led you - to reject Christ and the finished work of the Creator. Your insistence that Christ is compatible with Freemasonry is beyond comprehension. You reject everything Christ Jesus commands. You reject His command to correct your brethren when they sin - instead you call it "judging". Again, you REJECT HIM and you reject the Holy Spirit's words to you. 

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I grow weary of people of other faiths telling me that I am wrong, I am a Buddhist and a Freemason. I joined Freemasonry because it offers me a shelter from the hatred shown to me by some members of other faiths, and allows me to practice my faith in security.

The bible teaches that he who is without sin can cast the first stone, my question is why then is there so many stones cast my way?

The bible teaches us to turn the other cheek, my question is why then do so many look my way and spit venom?

The bible teaches the doctrine of love. So why do I see so much hatred directed towards me.

Your question may be "If you are a Buddhist, then how can you participate in an organisation which appears to have a lot of Christian connotations?" I can answer that with my belief in the Divine, my Divine is the same entity as your Divine, the only difference is that the way the Divine teaches me is more suited to me. We do not teach children in exactly the same manner, some need to be taught differently so they can gain a fuller understanding.
There is a wonderful line in the Koran "God taught many people many different ways" (sorry if quote is not exact, if a Muslim wants to correct me please to).

If an individual can only spout hatred of another then they have no true understanding of the divine and they need to go away and look at their own relationship with God.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I anxiously await “masonic” input in this thread. It is a question they need to answer!

My opinion is that most hardcore Christians are imcompatible with everything, it seems to turn people into giant, hypocritical douche bags.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Which God?

Shismar.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
I would have shared a drink with Augustus when I was on the East Coast, but I was still a bit too far out of the driving range for either of us.

'A' drink?

Lightweight.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Is there a conflict of interest between Christian beliefs and doctrine and masonic belief and doctrine?

No, rather there is a conflict between Christian beliefs and doctrine and any other Belief, Faith, Religion, Society, Club, Coven, God, Goddess, ET Beings, Sex, Gay People, and Fun of any kind. Nothing new here. Just more religious rhetoric and hate speech.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
Yoda, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why do obvious low level masons act like they know what they are talking about? Its obvious that they do not.

I know a Head Mason. Nice guy. He would know about as much about what high level masons get up to as the rest of us.

Unless you are a high level mason, why are you acting like you know stuff. You dont.

Bunch of Fred Flintstones on ATS is what I think. You know nothing unless you are at the top. No more than the general population has access to.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit- jinni

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Yes, tis true, tis true. We are but low level masons. Most of us only 32nd degree, with a couple 33rds.
You don't get to know the real deal until you reach the 90th degree.

Bill Shenobelen can tell you all about that. He was a 90th degree, as well as the head vampire as well as a Catholic Priest, as well as the head of his Satanic worship coven. Yes sir, I sure hope I don't ever reach THAT level.

But you sir, you know the secrets that so many have missed. And simply by KNOWING a high level mason. What a treasure that must be. Please share with us the name of the Deity that high level masons worship? (We know it's not Lucifer, even low level masons are supposed to be into him according to the most learned anti masons in their moms basements.)

I look forward to the amazing knowledge you will be imparting on us today!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Yes, tis true, tis true. We are but low level masons. Most of us only 32nd degree, with a couple 33rds.
You don't get to know the real deal until you reach the 90th degree.

Bill Shenobelen can tell you all about that. He was a 90th degree, as well as the head vampire as well as a Catholic Priest, as well as the head of his Satanic worship coven. Yes sir, I sure hope I don't ever reach THAT level.

But you sir, you know the secrets that so many have missed. And simply by KNOWING a high level mason. What a treasure that must be. Please share with us the name of the Deity that high level masons worship? (We know it's not Lucifer, even low level masons are supposed to be into him according to the most learned anti masons in their moms basements.)

I look forward to the amazing knowledge you will be imparting on us today!

Can you read? Or did someone read that for you and mess it up or something?

I said that I know a Head Mason. I said that he knows nothing. All he is is a 'useful idiot' foot soldier. Just like over 90% of masons. A boys club. Thats it. You are pretty much just a bunch of jerks that act like you are special or something.

So......whoever read that for you messed up.

edit- King Solomon is at the crux of what you guys are about though hey.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Freemasonry is opposed by the Evangelical Pastor and his congregation in Barbados, not by Barbados herself. As has been pointed out, Freemasonry has a long history and a continued presence in Barbados.

The Grand Order of United Scottish Mechanics of the Universe Incorporated, if they were confronted at all (and it doesn't seem like they were if I read correctly), must have been terribly confused because they are not Freemasons! They are a Fraternal Organization for sure but not related to Freemasonry either regular or irregular.
Ritual Dynamics in the Independent United Order of Mechanics
edit on 24-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

so sorry. I believe I was blinded by the amazing hypocrisy of you claiming to know more than a mason as a non member. I mean, we as high level masons do know that the upper tiers eat babies and worship goats, but you as a non mason, should never be able to obtain that information. Oh, and please don't repeat any of what I told you. It's a secret.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by KSigMason

He mentions Adonai=Adonay.

Nice try.

6 strikes. I think you're out.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

so sorry. I believe I was blinded by the amazing hypocrisy of you claiming to know more than a mason as a non member. I mean, we as high level masons do know that the upper tiers eat babies and worship goats, but you as a non mason, should never be able to obtain that information. Oh, and please don't repeat any of what I told you. It's a secret.

Again, your lack of comprehension makes it clear that the masons would not allow the likes of you anywhere near their secrets.

I did not say I know more about masons than anyone. I know little in fact. Masons do not really interest me. A bunch of cowards hiding in shadows is my opinion. Im not looking for em.

What I was saying is that I think most masons on here are obviously low level. It seems they are a bunch of tryhards that pretend that they know stuff about masons. They do not. So why do I see them defending masons like they know stuff. It would be like a christian acting like he knows vatican secrets. They dont. And your average mason knows no more about masons than the general population has access to. So you guys could probably stop talking down to people and acting like you know stuff. You do not.

edit- i apologize for my lack of manners. You have a nice day too.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

you are obviously correct. I can see that logic is a wasted medium. Have a great day.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

* * * * * * * * * * JUST A REMINDER * * * * * * * * * *

If you find yourself unable to discuss/debate without making it personal, then perhaps this thread isn't for you.

Please keep comments on-topic and discuss the TOPIC and not each other.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Are you plain ignorant or do you masons just get too over defensive?

The typical death of the Nature-God, Osiris, Atys, Adonis, Hiram, was a profound but consolatory mystery: the heating charms of Orpheus were connected with his destruction; and his bones, those valued pledges of fertility and victory, were, by a beautiful contrivance, often buried within the sacred precincts of his immortal equivalent.

From the first page you linked...P.s I'll give a star as well just like all your fellow 'brothers' did.

The Greek Ἄδωνις (Greek pronunciation: [ˈadɔːnis]), Adōnis was a borrowing from the Semitic word adon, "lord",[2] which is related to Adonai, one of the names used to refer to the God (אֲדֹנָי) in the Hebrew Bible and still used in Judaism to the present day. Syrian Adonis is Gauas[3] or Aos, to Egyptian Osiris, to the Semitic Tammuz and Baal Hadad, to the Etruscan Atunis and the Phrygian Attis, all of whom are deities of rebirth and vegetation.

source
edit on 24-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join