It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 8
21
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2
 



So, let me get this strait. Acceptance of another humans belief system is something Christ taught others not to do?

Allowing other people to live as they choose to live is something you are against?

Jesus claims himself to be the Truth…the Truth isn’t found in other religions or in masonic teachings.


Im having trouble understanding how allowing each Man his own beliefs is not a good thing....

Is this still considered a free society? Can people do what makes them happy and worship the god or gods they choose?


I don’t care what people do! Yes, we are free to worship any religion. My point is that being a mason and calling yourself a Christian is disingenuous (at the least); the two are incompatible.


edit on 24-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind
 

Bible dictionaries are included in many editions of the Bible, perhaps even in your own copy. They are included so people who aren't familiar with cultures beside their own can look up the meaning as they read, assuming they do in fact read it.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


I will have to disagree. Nothing in Masonry conflicts with the teachings of Christianity, or any other religon. A Mason is encouraged to delve deeply into his faith whatever it may be.

On top of that, all of the teachings of Symbolic Masonry ( Blue Lodge ) are taken strait from the Holy Bible.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha
 


lol so now it's a dictionary? man you guys come out of the framework every time there is a thread about anything concerning the masons!



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind
 

Before you scoff, did you check your own copy of the Bible? Does it include a dictionary? Many do, odds are that yours does too, especially if it is an heirloom Bible.

Source: I am a Freemason, and own the heirloom Bible presented to me at my Raising.
edit on 24-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind
reply to post by W3RLIED2
 




whether or not what the guy is saying is true or not it doesn't matter at all because that's not the issue!

the issue is wtf is that stuff doing in the bible!!?


edit on 24/6/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)


Considering that many of the stories in the bible are retold versions of Egyptian religious stories, a person may want to familiarize themselves with the culture. Also, many Masonic Bibles have appendices and a small encyclopedia either in the back or the front. They contain pictures some like the egyptian deities you saw in the video, others with beautifully rendered paintings, ect, ect.

Its nothing more than a refference tool for people willing to actually research the history of religion. Most are so strikingly similar one starts to wonder why.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha
 


yes and they doesn't have detailed descriptions of the the egyptian gods, obelisks or anything of the sort



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind
reply to post by no1smootha
 


lol so now it's a dictionary? man you guys come out of the framework every time there is a thread about anything concerning the masons!


Well sure we do!

Its boggling you think a Mason on ATS wouldnt want to discuss masonry with other people.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Originally posted by emptyOmind
reply to post by W3RLIED2
 




whether or not what the guy is saying is true or not it doesn't matter at all because that's not the issue!

the issue is wtf is that stuff doing in the bible!!?


edit on 24/6/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)


Considering that many of the stories in the bible are retold versions of Egyptian religious stories, a person may want to familiarize themselves with the culture. Also, many Masonic Bibles have appendices and a small encyclopedia either in the back or the front. They contain pictures some like the egyptian deities you saw in the video, others with beautifully rendered paintings, ect, ect.

Its nothing more than a refference tool for people willing to actually research the history of religion. Most are so strikingly similar one starts to wonder why.


so you believe stories from the bible were copied from the religious stories of Egypt? care to give me a solid reference or did you read it in one of your books at the lodge?



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Originally posted by emptyOmind
reply to post by no1smootha
 


lol so now it's a dictionary? man you guys come out of the framework every time there is a thread about anything concerning the masons!


Well sure we do!

Its boggling you think a Mason on ATS wouldnt want to discuss masonry with other people.


i just think its weird that so many good threads go without a single star or flag, even a single response on ATS, but any time there is a thread related to masonry there are always some masons that show up with something to say about it



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind
 


Some OT, and some NT stories are indeed based on ancient accounts from Sumer and Egypt.

No its not something i read in a book at Lodge. Way to be a prick about it, though.

Read the holy bible, cover to cover, then pick up gilgamesh, do the same, then pick up a few books about Horus and Set, repeat this until you feel your brain swell, then come on back from prick land and we can chat some more. If you cant see the parallells between the ancient myths, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Ill start providing valid links after you guys do. Until then, ive posted enough in the previous threads on the same topics.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Op nail hit on the head!! When people finally find out the truth about the masons, it really is an eye opener.

Hats off to these people finally coming to terms and the truth, that freemasonry is a big ass cult of wana-be

history makers.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Religion and Philosophy teach moral ideals, betterment of ones character, and tolerance towards fellow man/woman, all in aim to create a better world/universe for ourselves and the salvation of our souls and to be At-One-Ment with God.

I lurk these Mason threads and see the same four Brethren doing nothing but defending their beliefs amongst the intolerant. Is this what Faith teaches us? To be intolerant bigots?

I think not.

For the love of GOD, please try to stop the injustice.

For the record I was a Baptized Christian but could never understand the bigotry that the modern church teaches for their own agenda. I study on all religions and mysteries and see an underlying message as I stated in the first line of this post. There is good in them all.

True, all faiths and mysteries have been raped of their message bye ones with material gain in mind, but there are those that can see through the veil. Open your EYE.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by emptyOmind
 


Some OT, and some NT stories are indeed based on ancient accounts from Sumer and Egypt.

No its not something i read in a book at Lodge. Way to be a prick about it, though.

Read the holy bible, cover to cover, then pick up gilgamesh, do the same, then pick up a few books about Horus and Set, repeat this until you feel your brain swell, then come on back from prick land and we can chat some more. If you cant see the parallells between the ancient myths, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Ill start providing valid links after you guys do. Until then, ive posted enough in the previous threads on the same topics.


so now i'm a prick? so you've stooped to that level? okay, i'm not surprised.

have you ever read the bible? or did you just watch zeitgeist or something? because a lot of ancient religions and historical accounts talk about things like the deluge or the great flood which was something that would in fact be recorded in ancient history including other religions, so that does not prove that the Bible stole anything, only that great events such as the deluge, actually happened.

as for proof, i posted an in-your-face obvious video already. how about you back your accusations up with something you can properly explain

OH YEAH! i almost forgot! since its so obvious for you that the Bible copied ancient stories, and borrowed from pagan myths, here's your chance to be rich!

these are some excerpts from fallenalien.com... concerning part one of zeitgeist which talks about pretty much exactly what you were saying


Christianity was borrowed from pagan myths
the Bible was plagiarized



There is still, after 4 years, a £250,000 reward for anyone who can confirm the claims in part one of the movie. Unsuspecting audiences are thrown straight into the fabricated claims regarding Christ before the advertised substance of the film, the '9/11 Truth Movement, is addressed



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


So, let me get this straight; you would prefer a world where hate of anyone whose religious beliefs aren't in absolute lockstep with your own is preferable to one where you recognise in another a brother of the dust?

Speaks some unfortunate comments about your beliefs. It would seem you'd prefer a worldwide Northern Ireland 'troubles' dynamic rather than peace on Earth

God save us from the likes of you

Fitz



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrballistic
Op nail hit on the head!! When people finally find out the truth about the masons, it really is an eye opener.

Hats off to these people finally coming to terms and the truth, that freemasonry is a big ass cult of wana-be

history makers.


Maybe you should read a book about history and see how many Freemasons actually made it.

We are no more a cult than Christianity, Islam, or Bhuddism. Fact is we encourage open, free thought, not try to discourage any mans personal beliefs, and take pride in our word.... That means we dont take kindly to liars.

Truth is a funny thing... Dont ever let facts get in the way of it.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind
 


They purposefully resort to name calling and terms violating remarks to intentionally shut threads down. It happens all the time.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by emptyOmind
 


They purposefully resort to name calling and terms violating remarks to intentionally shut threads down. It happens all the time.


No, i just call em like i see em. People act like pricks and then expect cooperation? Thats not how it works.

I havnt violated any tcs. Keep trying.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

We are no more a cult than Christianity, Islam, or Bhuddism


Finally coming to terms!! Now get over yall's selves as being some *elite group* with *secrets*

like masons know anything more then the rest of us.. Here is the definition of a 0ccult:

secret; disclosed or communicated only to the initiated.

hidden from view.

Just know dabbling in the occult is never good, and only leads to the members being led AWAY from the truth.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic
 


Whatever you say, champ.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join