It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Has Woman Committed For Christian Beliefs. Has To Renounce Jesus For Release

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted. Had to share with my christian brothers and sisters.
Believer's Journey

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm not a Christian, but unless this woman is a danger to others, and I see nothing at the link saying she is so far, then she is being held illegally. And no law in this country can force her to denounce her faith.

Where are her brothers and sisters in Christ? Why aren't they coming to her aid?
edit on 6/21/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Where are her brothers and sisters in Christ? Why aren't they coming to her aid?

Why come to her aid when they can just send off a quick 10 second prayer her way, rather than actually going down there to protest, as that would be too much trouble...

I'll give the christians this - they are consistent...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i don't care what religion this woman is, if she is not a danger to herself or anyone else, and they are holding her there because of her faith, then that is VERY messed up.

they should be forced to release her, she should sue the place, get them shut down, and get away from HER INSANE family that is forcing her to be there.

she should also press charges on her family.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Her own son even had his hand in screwing her over?!? Poor woman; probably will be a bit crazy after this ride if she hasn't lost it yet...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well just read the link, and honestly they can't hold her for more then 72 hours for evaluation

But........ I don't think we are getting the whole story. Look at the website it's a Christian site and we all know how religions change the story to fit there needs

I'm all for freedom of religion, the USA was founded on this muslim,hindu,budist , and christian and jewish we all have the same rights and just reading the story from the link makes me question the validity of the story.

I would like to see an actual police report

Be safe people

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
From the woman herself.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Just wanted to point out that in the article it is claimed that this woman and man were about to go on a road trip to take part in "spiritual warefare" before a spiritual event took place.

Umm.. Sorry, yeah, I'd call the mental ward too. There is no proof to the claims that there was a suicide pact, there is also no proof that there wasn't...

but embarking on spiritual warfare before some big event, well, that sounds a little concerning to me.

Not enough to go on for me.

Oh for christ sake right at the first of that video she claims to be held prisoner in a FEMA camp.

Yup, I'm done, this is crap, good luck

edit on 21-6-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

The only way a christian can get into Heaven through the loss of their own life is by sacrificing it for another. Suicide is a 1 way ticket straight to Hell. No if, and's or buts. The Bible is pretty blunt on that. I don't know they would be present on Judgement Day.
edit on 21-6-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Personally, listening to her myself, to me she sounds a little crazy, but not so crazy that you have the right to lock her up. And no, it's not because she's a Christians. I'm a Christian, and I find her a little off her rocker. She states that the psychiatry ward is like a FEMA camp... just a bit nuts, nothing more than what is on here every day.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Klassified

Why come to her aid when they can just send off a quick 10 second prayer her way, rather than actually going down there to protest, as that would be too much trouble...

I'll give the christians this - they are consistent...

Your point is definitely valid. There's an old saying among fundamentalists, "Christians are the only soldiers who bury their wounded."

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

In its simplest form, Spiritual warfare is nothing physical against other humans, it's just heavy duty prayer. It's nothing to lock her up over, since it is a common practice among fundies.

I'm with you on the Fema camp thing. I'm not buying it either.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

But what if you are Christian brother/sister of hers that happens to think that she is nuts and needs to be psychologically tested? This reasoning is as annoying as the the: re-post if you believe crap on facebook. I don't know if she needs help, I don't know if her "wrongfully being there" isn't supposed to be "a ministry" to the monsters known as psychiatrists, I'm not freaking there. Since I'm not, all I can do for the woman is pray for her safety and that God's will be done, if God has any will on this.

But no, simply praying for her when you can do something for her is not being my brother's keeper. Lack of prayer altogether is the same problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Does this sound like a sane man?

Now, I am a Christian man but something does seem a little off with all of this. Seems quite puzzling.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

But what if you are Christian brother/sister of hers that happens to think that she is nuts and needs to be psychologically tested?

Isn't that the same as the Pot calling the Kettle black..?

Yes, yes it is...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is a comment and video made by Sean(tiredman74) about 12 hours ago. If it's true, It gives a clue as to one of the things the doctor has a problem with. But I don't think we're getting the whole story on this.

Honestly, I am not sure how long she will be there.  Her court case is 6-21-12. I just contacted the ACLJ to see if they can get involved. She is in there because her family placed her in there involuntarily. The doctor is leaving her there now because he is saying that it is insanity to believe that Jesus Christ can live within us. Rom 8:9-11, states otherwise. He will not release her based off this and says that she could do harm to herself or others.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
She is just as needing to be interned as a schizophrenic who believes that there are elves in the room next to him...

She is just as needing to be interned as a delusional person who believes that there are invisible people following him...

She is just as needing to be interned as a mentally ill person who believes in an invisible being with "magical powers" living "up above" who is creating and taking lives at will because they are the ones deciding everything that happens on this planet and that we should be submitted to their will or else we go to a special place to burn eternally....

Jesus or invisible all mighty powerful "god" = ok to believe
Elves or green men or aliens = you're crazy

Hmmmm... who has the mental disease?
edit on 12/6/21 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Jesus or invisible all mighty powerful "god" = ok to believe
Elves or green men or aliens = you're crazy

Hmmmm... who has the mental disease?

NWO?

Sounds like you think all those who believe in God are mentally ill.

Jesus said to his disciples:
“I have come to set the earth on fire,
and how I wish it were already blazing!
There is a baptism with which I must be baptized,
and how great is my anguish until it is accomplished!
Do you think that I have come to establish peace on the earth?
No, I tell you, but rather division.
From now on a household of five will be divided,
three against two and two against three;
a father will be divided against his son
and a son against his father,
a mother against her daughter
and a daughter against her mother,
a mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

Any competent doctor(s) would not require her to renounce her faith to be released. If they told me to do so I would think they were Satanic also.
edit on 6/21/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It depends what type of Christian she is. She could be one of those pig head carrying Muslim baiters.

If she is then she definitely needs committing.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Ml5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Lol, not in the least.

1. I didn't state that she is, in that particular post. I gave a "what-if?" Other posts I stated that she's about as nuts as this site, nothing more or less, not something you should lock her up for.

2. I ddin't state WHY she might be. So a Christian can look at another Christian's behavior, decide that they are insane, suggest that they get help, and not put her in a psych ward FOR being a Christian. Literally the same as being a member of ATS, in good standing, and looking at a fellow ATSer, and deciding that they are insane. It's entirely due to how far some things are taken, gullibility factor, etc.

3. Indication of missing the point: I'm not there, all I have is a bunch of claims. Some made by a woman who may be off her hinge a little, by the way she thinks. I'm no treading the documentation that put her in there, I'm not hearing from the people that admitted her, to gauge how insane they are.

That is all.

Seriously. Thinking a coworker is insane making me a pot calling a kettle just because we have the same job description. Illogical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join