It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Has Woman Committed For Christian Beliefs. Has To Renounce Jesus For Release

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
All of this is coming from what looks to be a very religious type of site so of course their take on everything is going to be biased to her favor. What if she really did threaten to kill herself? She may very well be a danger to herself, I have very serious doubts as to the validity of anything coming from that site.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Strange, I often have that feeling here.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Klassified

Where are her brothers and sisters in Christ? Why aren't they coming to her aid?

Why come to her aid when they can just send off a quick 10 second prayer her way, rather than actually going down there to protest, as that would be too much trouble...

I'll give the christians this - they are consistent...

This comment and all it's stars are a wonderful example of what is coming.

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. (Mat 10:22)"

In your effort to condemn, accuse, and falsify, you bring the truth to light.
edit on 21-6-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's a form of incremental police state tactics against christians and other undesirables. You start with the marginal cases like this, and then eventually you can get to the point where anyone who believes in the christian God is considered an enemy of the state.

This poor lady actually believes that she is the woman in Rev. 12. That is a role that clearly belongs to Israel. So it's easy for the authorities to prey on her, since she is already marginalized, even by those in her faith. Let's hope and pray that she will be released soon.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
As an individual she is not a danger.
Religious people have what is called a social mental illness and as a group they are dangerous.
It is not much good just committing one person because its an environmental problem.

It is important however that it be recognized as a mental illness. Recognition of a problem is the first step to fixing it.

edit on 22-6-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The blog post says she was committed because of a suicide pact with her friend, not religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
GOOD they are delusional.

I'm sorry Christians. Sincerely many of you have good hearts, but it's time to grow up.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives
GOOD they are delusional.

I'm sorry Christians. Sincerely many of you have good hearts, but it's time to grow up.

Odd that you don't feel the same way about Hindu's, Buddhist's,Muslims, or any other religion?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Odd that you would assume I don't. I didn't realize I needed I to include all my sentiments in all my posts. I'm sorry.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
It's a form of incremental police state tactics against christians and other undesirables. You start with the marginal cases like this, and then eventually you can get to the point where anyone who believes in the christian God is considered an enemy of the state.

This poor lady actually believes that she is the woman in Rev. 12. That is a role that clearly belongs to Israel. So it's easy for the authorities to prey on her, since she is already marginalized, even by those in her faith. Let's hope and pray that she will be released soon.

How is this police state tactics against Christians? Her family called them they didn't just show up and grab her. And if she actually believes that she is the woman in Rev. 12 then she should be in the looney bin.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives

Odd that you would assume I don't. I didn't realize I needed I to include all my sentiments in all my posts. I'm sorry.

Convenient excuse. You only targeted one religion and the record shows it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Actually the Bible never even touches on the subject of suicide. It is believed by Christian Scholars that if a true Christian commits suicide that it lowers their position in Heaven. Nowhere in the Bible does it say suicide= hell. What if a person took their own life because they wished to be with God or to end horrible suffering from a disease or accident?

A little friendly advice: The post above is one of the most diabolical things I have ever seen on ATS and it REALLY saddens me to say it. I suspect that most here on ATS are wise enough to realize that if you see the name "Christian Voices" or "Christian Scholars" or Christian Whatever... DANGER!!! Be VERY VERY wary of what they say. This is coming from a Christian BTW...

Tamara Laroux was broken and aimless and thought her only option was to put a gun to her heart. Tamara attempted suicide by shooting herself in the chest. She died and came back to life. She believes she experienced the afterlife between the time she was bleeding out and when she recovered.

I was convinced there was no way to live a completely happy life. If I couldn’t live happy, I didn’t want to live at all.

I believed the only answer for me was to end my life. I began screaming out to God, “God, forgive me.” The gun went off. My lungs began to fill up with blood. I began to go deaf. My eyes were open, and I became blinded. I knew that death was gripping my soul. Then all of a sudden I felt my soul leave my body. I instantly began falling and falling.

At that moment I knew I was no longer in control of my destiny. I ended up in a place that was complete torment. My body was burning. I no longer was lonely. I was no longer depressed. I became depression. I became loneliness. I became a tormented being of fear. I saw all of these other people and everybody was screaming out in pain. The mutual thing that everyone shared there was their desire to scream out to everybody on earth, “Do not come here. Acknowledge that life is about Jesus Christ.”

Eternity is real. Hell is real. Heaven is real. How you live your life will determine where you go. Everybody cried out that their loved ones would hear the truth.

I saw the hand of God literally come down. I knew that He was coming for me. His hand picked me up, and instantaneously I was no longer a being of tormented sin. I now was being cleansed. God took me over the Heavens.Source

edit on 22-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Thread Title

Family Has Woman Committed For Christian Beliefs. Has To Renounce Jesus For Release

You have the intelligence of a Christian I'll give you that.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

How was anything I said in my post diabolical? Please explain. I stated that the Bible never specifically addresses the issue of suicide and it does not. If you truly are a Christian and have ever actually picked up your Bible and read it and are not just basing your uninformed opinion on something your friend told you one day then you would know the Bible never addresses it. I explained I think it's wrong because by ending your own life that you are not placing your faith and trust in Christ. I have heard several very respected pastors including Charles Stanley and Adrian Rogers teaching that it is believed that when a Christian commits suicide that it lowers their position in heaven. What about my post is diabolical?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

True there are very radical Christians out there that do not read their Bibles and have taken their own agendas waaaay too far but to insinuate that being Christian is a mental illness is just plain ignorrant. It could be argued by Christians that a refusal or inability to place faith in anyone or anything but yourself shows serious narcicism and mental illness.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

I grew up the moment I became Christian. What is childish about trying to live a moral life and take on responsibilities and standing up for something? Sounds more childish to me to insinuate that you can do whatever you wish in this world and there be no consequence.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

The only way a christian can get into Heaven through the loss of their own life is by sacrificing it for another. Suicide is a 1 way ticket straight to Hell. No if, and's or buts. The Bible is pretty blunt on that. I don't know they would be present on Judgement Day.

Really? No if, and,s or buts, where? lol
So a 13 year old girl who just seen her family murdered, and was being gang raped one guy after another, gets a few moments alone and hangs her self is going straight to hell?

The #1 rule Christians forget? Only God can judge!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

This comment and all it's stars are a wonderful example of what is coming.

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. (Mat 10:22)"

In your effort to condemn, accuse, and falsify, you bring the truth to light.

Yes. And the truth is, any witch, satanist, pagan, or other will suffer hatred and persecution for holding firm to their beliefs from those who oppose them. Which would mostly be Christians, come to think of it.

This is not proof in any way, shape, or form, that Christianity is right, and everyone else is "condemned already". (John 3:18)
edit on 6/22/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by lives

I grew up the moment I became Christian. What is childish about trying to live a moral life and take on responsibilities and standing up for something? Sounds more childish to me to insinuate that you can do whatever you wish in this world and there be no consequence.

A snake talking and a man living in a whales belly are requisites for you to act morally competent.

Sounds like you're quite the grown up.
edit on 22-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
Speaking as both an Ordained Christian and a life long Mental Health patient, I believe that if she is a danger to herself or others then she is in the right place. I've been there myself and I was much better when I left the unit.

That said, no one has the right to insist that someone denounce their faith on any level and if she is mentally ill, then by taking away her faith and beliefs all that they're doing is taking away something that provides her with comfort and strength and this usually makes things much worse for the patient.

My thoughts and prayers will be with her.

Rev

edit on 21/6/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

This thread is mixing apples with oranges.

Everything you just speculated on IS speculation.

There is nothing stated that gives any evidence to that.

But there is something stated, that is contrary to LAW and the Constitution.

This: the one who is refusing her release is demanding she renounce CHRIST to do it.

So all those who say, there must be more to it, are not basing that on anything but speculation.

Whereas there is a fact involved, that is unlawful.

His conditions for her release.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join