It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Thanks a lot parents. You sure made some good contributions to society....

Yes its all the parents fault..but of course they were bad parents because of their parents, and they were bad parents, because of their parents, etc, etc...until no one has to take personal responsibility for their actions.

Only problem is it doesn't explain the great kids who have good moral ethics, who were raised by seriously dysfunctional parents.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by Covertblack
Thanks a lot parents. You sure made some good contributions to society....

Yes its all the parents fault..but of course they were bad parents because of their parents, and they were bad parents, because of their parents, etc, etc...until no one has to take personal responsibility for their actions.

Only problem is it doesn't explain the great kids who have good moral ethics, who were raised by seriously dysfunctional parents.

Why take responsibility when in today's world you don't have to?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I really think the kids involved should be expelled. Without doubt, an example must be made of these completely disrespectful little monsters. They may be young, but they are certainly old enough to learn that their actions have consequences.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
I really think the kids involved should be expelled. Without doubt, an example must be made of these completely disrespectful little monsters. They may be young, but they are certainly old enough to learn that their actions have consequences.

Y should they be expelled? Im sure the lady did something to make them act up like that.... Even if she didn't, its her fault for sitting their like a frightened socially awkward 10 year old...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The parents of these kids should be pressured by their community to each contribute GENEROUSLY to this poor woman's fund. As to the kids, themselves?...How about community service...for starters?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Y should they be expelled? Im sure the lady did something to make them act up like that.... Even if she didn't, its her fault for sitting their like a frightened socially awkward 10 year old...

And what would you have suggested she do?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by amongus
Her fund is now at $250,000.

While the kids should be forever tormented for what they did, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to Karen.

I donated as well...

Wish I didn't donate.

in a way, giving 250,000 to a woman like that boggles my mind...and leaves me with many emotions..

if we had this type of compassion all the freaking time, no one would be hungry, no one would be sad,
no one would lash out at others in pain...we'd all be enjoying life too much to feel hatred towards each other for ANY reason..

EVERYONE should receive the karen treatment, we have ALL been through this scenario...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

And what would you have suggested she do?

Her job.... Shes suppose to be a bus monitor.... What if it was a kid sitting next to her, and she did nothing about it? Better yet, if it was your kid sitting next to her, and she was too scared to speak up for the kid

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Two points on this one.
1. Yes, the kids were horrible. This is why public punishment in a town square is appropriate. Apparently people/kids don't mind punishment. What people fear is public humiliation. Punish them in public and it's almost guaranteed to lower these kinds of incidents.
2. Who in their right mind puts a 68 year-old lady on a bus as a monitor --if she is unable to handle herself with the 13 year-olds she has been entrusted to monitor? PUT CAPABLE, ABLE MONITORS ON BUSES. Give them authority to report the kids to the school and police when kids cross the line of criminal activity (threatening to stab/kill crosses that line). The biggest mistake she made was to decide not to file charges. These kids need more than counseling and public service. They need PUBLIC punishment.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's probably been said but Ill say it again. I mostly blame the parents for this, for raising kids that would say such mean things to another person. If This was one of my boys involved in this or anything like it, I'd whoop his ass into next week and then drag it over to this ladies house, make him apologize then ask her if she needs any yard work taken care of or grabage taken out. I couldn't even watch this longer than the 1:09 mark.

We see all these stories about kids bullying and picking on other kids and now adults, where is the kid that sticks up for these people and puts these punks in their places, because he can?!

Is there an address for this lady? I feel like I should send her a letter or some flowers or something.

They need to put something out on the market, like a bully grade tazer gun, so when a kid is out of line and no one else is around to stop kids like we see in the video, you just pull out your bully tazer an zap the lil SOBs without you wondering if you're going to get in trouble for it?

Kids get away with too much, parents should be encouraged to spank their asses red if they deserve it.

The first time someone starts to bully my little girl, Im getting names, numbers, addresses cuz Im going over to the kids house and talking to the kids parents.
If, for some reason, my lil girl starts to bully kids or adults (she never will cuz she's too sweet) the same thing, I will drag her over to the kids house she is bullying or adults house and talk to the parents or person and make her apologize.

I highly doubt she will have a problem either way because any of my kids will know how to physically defend themselves or anybody else who needs help.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Her Job:
Quoted from:
www.eanesisd.net...

-Quote-

Bus Monitor Responsibilities

What are school bus monitor’s responsibilities?

School bus monitors assist the drivers by ensuring that all students are safe on the bus.

They secure seat belts, wheelchairs, necessary supports, etc.

They maintain discipline on the bus. They see that students stay in their seats, and report problems to the schools.

They seek emergency medical help when needed.

Bus monitors are provided where they are most needed.

-End Quote-

The woman was there to 'monitor' the kids...and is instructed only to report problems on the bus...after the fact.
Add to that fact that this woman was out numbered, physically and sexually threatened with violence; her home was threatened with vandalism...and she absolutely would have been sued by the pathetic parents of these pathetic punks, were she to have responded to their behavior in kind.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I will apoligize ahead of time but I have questions, what was a person doing on a school bus as a "BUS MONITER" which obviously she could not do therefore not keeping the kids and bus driver safe which I belive is the duties of the bus moniter?? what if these kids had decided to up the level of there evil insanity and started beating on her?? Who hired this woman for this job?? She was not capable of detering anyone from doing anything to preserve the safety of the kids who were not involved or the bus driver and then to top it off people are sending her MONEY, 244,000.00 so far. why are people not demanding that the school make these kids responsable and there parents, didn't we just go through this "bullying" thing not to long ago and werent laws inacted.
Why does this sound so totally out of wack and almost untrue. What a scam to start if all you have to do is take some bullying and get a OUARTER MILLION dollars out of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ladies & Gentlemen.

The current amount raised is.

$330,267

indigogo

And there's 29 days left in the campaign.
This morning when I first checked the amount was around 225K.
At this rate it might reach somewhere in the area of 500K in a few days.

I hope she uses that for a nice retirement. And maybe donate some of it to charity.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

....So its the ladies fault for her reaction? What kind of twisted logic is that? Also , youre brow beating the woman for her reaction instead of how the kids were acting?

Yes she MUST have done something to them to make them act like that, it couldnt be the mindset (much like youve displayed) of society these days that is responsible for this vitriol.....

I seriously have to wonder about the thought processes of people today, and the total lack of accountability....

Of COURSE its always someone elses fault.........we should never be responsible for our own actions......

seriously.....we deserve to be wiped out as a species.....

We have strayed so far from moral strength of character and enabled the flawed thinking of our species for so long, that the weak minded, petty, and self absorbed infect us like a plague
edit on 21-6-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

Her Job:
Quoted from:
www.eanesisd.net...

-Quote-

Bus Monitor Responsibilities

What are school bus monitor’s responsibilities?

School bus monitors assist the drivers by ensuring that all students are safe on the bus.

They secure seat belts, wheelchairs, necessary supports, etc.

They maintain discipline on the bus. They see that students stay in their seats, and report problems to the schools.

They seek emergency medical help when needed.

Bus monitors are provided where they are most needed.

-End Quote-

The woman was there to 'monitor' the kids...and is instructed only to report problems on the bus...after the fact.
Add to that fact that this woman was out numbered, physically and sexually threatened with violence; her home was threatened with vandalism...and she absolutely would have been sued by the pathetic parents of these pathetic punks, were she to have responded to their behavior in kind.

Your just feeling sorry for an old lady who failed at her job.. Wtf does she need to get paid all that money for? Old people get cussed out everyday, my point is, as "Monitor" she failed at every aspect of the job. The kids weren't even in their seatbelts..... I dont feel sorry for her at all, she shouldnt have offered to take that possition

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

just stick some of these guys on buses that have out of control kids on them.
somebody who can give some back, makes no sense sticking monitors on who are elderly grandma's

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Yep, she set a lame example of how an adult should react, when kids pop off the mouth to an adult... The kids should be banned from the bus, or have to write an apology but its not that big of a deal. What do you mean we need to be wiped out as a species...? Dramatic much...?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yep, she set a lame example of how an adult should react, when kids pop off the mouth to an adult... The kids should be banned from the bus, or have to write an apology but its not that big of a deal. What do you mean we need to be wiped out as a species...? Dramatic much...?

Any time children deem it acceptable to act in that manor to anyone, especially an elderly person, its a big deal..

Your mindset is the problem, people who think like you are the problem.......

The fact that you dont think its a big deal is the problem...

NOT this woman.......

Your posts are a lame example of how people make excuses for this sort of behavior, and how adults should react.......not this woman...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Ladies & Gentlemen.

The current amount raised is.

$330,267

indigogo

And there's 29 days left in the campaign.
This morning when I first checked the amount was around 225K.
At this rate it might reach somewhere in the area of 500K in a few days.

I hope she uses that for a nice retirement. And maybe donate some of it to charity.

Give me a f****** break.... Donations..? Y is she becoming a hero for? She didnt do ANYthing.... This was probably set up just for $$$$.... For yellow belly suckers

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Any time children deem it acceptable to act in that manor to anyone, especially an elderly person, its a big deal..

Your mindset is the problem, people who think like you are the problem.......

The fact that you dont think its a big deal is the problem...

NOT this woman.......

Your posts are a lame example of how people make excuses for this sort of behavior, and how adults should react.......not this woman...

You obviously havent been around kids before, you put a challenging authority in front of them, they are gonna test them. And she folded. Of course its wrong to talk to elderly people like that, but i dont know any elderly who would put up with that. Your mindset is more of a problem, blaming 11-12 year olds for acting like 11-12 year olds....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join