It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would now take the names and id's of all the kids involved...I would then be patient.....very very very patient....wait till they are in their fifties and sixties....i would then bring them all together.....and play it back to them....then see what their responses might be after they have gone through some life experiences and then they might feel the way many of us feel now....YOU BUNCH OF LITTLE FOCKERS.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Her fund is now at $250,000.

While the kids should be forever tormented for what they did, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to Karen.

I donated as well...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The moment those kids decided to add insult to injury by posting this on FB , opened the doors to absolute public scrutiny....they wanted to be "known" and now they are...too bad...too sad....and thier lives aren't ruined, get real, the public "forgives" bad behavior all the time. Look at the Clinton's...just all very sad.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by amongus

Your quote "no helping them". I subscribe to skull smashing....sorry. These kids by this age are lost. There is no helping them. Smashing skulls is probably the only thing that would work at this stage in their development.

Much of it is too feel like they fit in, and its still no excuse.. but you honestly think smashing skulls is the only thing that will work ? oiye..

edit on 20-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

Definitely some good old fashioned military discipline. No physical abuse of any kind but just extensive drills (with lots of Lee Ermey style profanity)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

we'll have to see what the outcome is..

If they and their parents are getting berated and bullied beyond whats reasonable, there may well be a suicide over this.

I have a bad feeling about this story, and as disgusting as their behavior was, I think the public and their retaliation will put some one over the edge.

Many will clap when the suicide or murder happens, which to me is very sad.

My prayers are with everyone involved with this situation. I pray the kids feel very very deep remorse, and apologize to that woman, and try to make it up to her.

I really don't want to see anyone seriously hurt, because of retaliation and much worse bullying tactics. (yes, what they did was totally disgusting and cruel, but there are worse types of bullying)

Quite honestly I feel it was the schools responsibility, as well as the parents to deal with this in an appropriate manner, without all the public hooplah.

edit on 21-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Meh there only kids and do what young kids do when they are in a pack and its that pack mentality speaking. am sure most of theses kids involved arent half bad when you speak to them individually and will soon grow out of it.

not all kids are angels and not all kids are bad we should all know that its when they are in certain groups and it only takes 1 person to make everyone change their mind frame, it happens to adults also.

but watching this video wasnt that bad to be honest (coming from a school were we had some teachers cry over words), some people can take insults and others cant. not saying we should allow them but am sure everyone has done something horrible when they were kids to show off to other people so lets not just bully theses kids or shame them there not going to learn like that.

but i guess the people calling for that are just following the pack

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

That's a pathetic mindset. Stop excusing their actions because they are young. They were not little kids, they knew what they were doing. They watched the poor woman cry and kept going.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Those kids have been brought up pure scumbags. Their parents should be whipped

Limbo

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo
reply to post by Ben81

Those kids have been brought up pure scumbags. Their parents should be whipped

Limbo

You're as disgusting as they are..
..and who knows..maybe you are even worse.
edit on 21-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I thought this was a pretty interesting take on the latest "Two Minutes of Hate" to grab hold of our culture:

Kids are mean to someone on a school bus for the first time in history...

Kids occasionally act in cruel ways and the video of bus riders abusing a bus monitor is the purest, cleanest form of adolescent vitriol you're likely to see in suburban America.

It would be absolutely shocking if we all didn't know it happened every day. If we all haven't witnessed such an act of cruelty in our lives or, honestly, hadn't participated in something terrible at one point and just had the good fortune of doing it before every kid was carrying around a video camera connected to a global network in their pocket.

The kids who were mean to bus monitor Karen Klein — and they are kids — deserve stern punishment and serious censure, but they also deserve the kind of compassion that they were unable to muster.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Really?
I was brought up correct and I would not make a grown woman cry like that.
If my parents knew about it then I would have been disiplined.
So who is to blame then no one?
Limbo

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

sigh i didnt say what they did wasnt bad but wasnt that big of a deal its just a group of young kids on a school bus with their friends around them calling her names..... if thats not a prime example of herd mentality i dont know what is

but reading the comments you guys make it out to be like theses kids will grow up and become ruthless killers. because of name calling is horrible lets all grab some rope and hang them!!! right? geeez what happen to sticks and stones but meh
edit on 21-6-2012 by mehforfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Police say the four seventh-graders have "taken responsibility for their actions"

CNN

Seventh-graders; barely in their teens. And what, exactly, does taking "responsiblity" mean..."Yeah, man, I did it. So what?"

I wish no ill toward these children (and,yes,they're still children) or their parents. However, I hope the punishment fits the crime--in this case, the humiliation of another human being. I also hope that this serves as a wake-up call to the rest of the world.

J

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

WOW not sure if your trolling or something, whip their parents /facepalm are you for real? i mean really we going that far and whipping people because a few words from kids? geeez i really dont know what to say its bad what they did but they are only kids beat the crap out of their parents because kids are acting like kids.......

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo

Really?
I was brought up correct and I would not make a grown woman cry like that.
If my parents knew about it then I would have been disiplined.
So who is to blame then no one?
Limbo

You were brought up to suggest whipping the parents?

and no..I don't blame your parents for that ridiculous statement or mindset.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

OKOK Maybe I was bit harsh, but if you have been a victim of bullying and your life is ruined completely
you would understand. The kids knew what they were doing.They packed up in a gang and made that
ladys life miserable. They lady just sat there and did nothing because she could not.
They kids were even titilated by flaunting their video online. Wow that's fun! *Not*
So now that woman is known on the net and there are other scumbags posting that viral video
about and laughing at it because it really is funny to hurt someone's feelings like that. *rolls eyes*
Of course it really doesn't matter because it doesn't happen to you and being bullied really
is a trivial thing right? They are only kids and kids do what kids do..

+WhisperingWinds dont twist what I say and not reply to other points please.

Limbo

edit on 21-6-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Her fund is now at $250,000.

While the kids should be forever tormented for what they did, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to Karen.

I donated as well...

Wish I didn't donate.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

why is that?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

They lady just sat there and did nothing because she could not.

She can deal with it through the proper channels later, as well as give them a very stern verbal warning that there will be SERIOUS consequences for their type of behavior.

So now that woman is known on the net and there are other scumbags posting that viral video about and laughing at it because it really is funny to hurt someone's feelings like that. *rolls eyes*

I'm sure the number of those who have publicly chastised this type of "entertainment" is far greater in number than those who have chosen to laugh along with it. This story has done much to expose all those kids who do think this type of cruel taunting is funny, and I'm sure it has given courage and a voice to those who may have felt to intimidated to speak out against such actions. My guess is that for every kid laughing about this, there are at least 3 who are posting how uncool it is.

Of course it really doesn't matter because it doesn't happen to you and being bullied really is a trivial thing right? They are only kids and kids do what kids do..

How assumptive of you, and no..I don't think its trivial at all, and needs to be dealt with in the proper way. Kids need to learn clearly what is acceptable and what is not, and I do think these kids are learning their lessons, at least I hope so.

+WhisperingWinds dont twist what I say and not reply to other points please.

I didn't twist anything..just used you own twisted logic back at you. Really how could anyone think whipping the parents will help any of this at all? Do I blame your parents for that ridiculous off the cuff remark remark..NO !

I'm happy to read that you do acknowledge it was a bit much.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thanks a lot parents. You sure made some good contributions to society....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join