It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Like i just posted to the other person, i think their was a reason they filmed it because she might have snapped before, and they wanted to get her actions on camera.. But who knows, im not defending these dumbass kids, i hope they get whats commin to them. But i dont think the lady deserves a few hundred grand for this..... But idk her, maybe she does.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Did some random searching last night and saw where the kid who filmed it said he did so due to peer pressure and apologized. The woman remarked that she was surprised because this kid was usually nice to her. I'll have to search it again and see if I can figure out how to link to it.

As for the donations... I think it's excessive considering the intent was to give her a vacation. Can't help but think of all the people having legitimate trouble getting by right now who could be helped with that much money. I honestly can't say with certainty what I'd do in her place except that I'd definitely be pondering it from a deck chair somewhere nice.

ETA: Can't paste it in from my phone, but it was in with other bits about this at www.13wham.com/news/local/story/school-bus-monitor-bullying-klein
edit on 22-6-2012 by torque because: found site addy

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Absolutely horrible!

If I would see my kid in a youtube video doing that to a lady, I would find the lady´s address and force my kid over there to apologize, help her carry her bags after shopping, cut her lawn, do her dishes etc etc.
FOR A YEAR!!!

I am sure the parents are more than ashamed from seeing this!
edit on 22-6-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That video is really something else...and I do nto mean that in a good way. Disgusting is a very good word to describe it.

For me this comes down to respect, which clearly these kids do not know what that means. I have always said there is a fine line between fear and respect. Had I been that women, and some kid told me to STFU, I would have snatched him/her up and whooped that backside.

I realize many people today do not believe in spanking. If you are one of those people, more power to you, but the whoopings I got and deserved served their purpose and worked. I would NEVER have spoken to an adult that way when I was that age.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Very old dutch (society is you) commercial:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I hope she makes a million and can retire for the remainder of her life and not have to put up with that again.
Limbo

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

To me it looks like she did something to make these kids hate her, i want to hear the kids reason for doing this before i go judging whats normal and not normal for a 11-12 year old's actions, your right about a fat joke or two, but this sounded more of an attack. Sooo i'd like to know what she did. They filmed her for a reason, and she was quiet... Maybe she did something off camera?

You must not have kids. Among the inhabitants of this universe, human children have the greatest capacity for doing stupid stuff for the reason of "i dunno".

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Ben81

Blame the parents.

In all honesty I have seen parents who talk just like you , blaming all the parents for the behavior of their child, all the while saying their children have been brought up to respect others, and would never act as the other children ,with the terrible parents, do.

NEWS FLASH !! When they aren't around ,their kids are mouthy little disrespectful brats , who use foul language, and raise quite the eyebrows with their behavior.
edit on 20-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

Sorry to break this to you, but you are absolutely wrong.

I was raised to respect my elders, and treat other people the way I would expect to be treated. I NEVER saw anything like this throughout my childhood. I never took part in anything like this, and even as a kid I would have walked away from others acting in this way. None of my friends growing up would have behaved like this mob of little creatures towards an adult, it would be unthinkable!

This is because I was raised by loving, intelligent, free-thinking adults who worked hard to teach their kids about what is moral and what isn't.

My parents both worked to give the three of us the best life they could, that was their job. They didn't have social lives beyond bingo, a game of pool at the pub or the occasional family gathering once a year. They didn't drink unless it was a special occasion.
In contrast, now parents seem to think they "deserve" to go out every weekend, or once a month. They get wasted. They drink at home. They pop pills like it's going out of fashion. They leave the state and school system to do everything for them then scream about it when there's something they don't agree with. They ignore what their child is doing on-line and then rant about how everything should be blocked or censored for them by the government. They give their kids phones and then blame everyone but themselves when that child starts using it in class or talking to complete strangers on FaceBook.

I was no saint when I was a kid, swearing, smoking, a beer here and there... that's all part of growing up. Attacking other people either verbally or physically is NOT the norm, and it is NOT simply kids being kids.

You specifically mention language - I've never had a problem with swearing. It's a part of the English language and should be seen as such. But even when I was a teenager I would NEVER have even considered swearing in front of my friends parents, that is about respect.

It's also interesting that you talk about external aspects too. I believe this means that you think the TV, music, environment is to blame? In that case, who is responsible for the TV they watch, the music they listen to, the websites they visit or the friends they hang out with? Yep, it's the PARENTS!

In my day (that makes me sound far older than my 34 years!) if my parents didn't like someone I was hanging out with, they would make that clear. I would not be going out, and that person would not be coming in. Phone calls would be filtered, parents would meet and discuss... That is responsibility. That is what a real parent does.

Everything your child is exposed to is your responsibility. Don't like the idea of them seeing things they shouldn't on the internet? Move the PC out of their room or restrict their access. Don't like the other kids they talk to? Take that phone back and tell the parents of those kids just what the deal is. Don't like the TV shows your kid watches? Take the TV out of their room and monitor what they are watching in the living room.

No matter how pathetic parents try to spin it, it doesn't change the fact that the parent is responsible. It is the choices a parent makes and the allowances they give that dictates what their child is exposed to. From friends they have to the TV they watch or the music they listen to, parents should have control and they are increasingly not doing their job.

There is no getting away from the fact that whether it is society influencing kids to act so disrespectfully or something else, the PARENT is legally responsible for that child and everything they are exposed to. Blaming the rest of society for how poorly your child treats others is not a valid excuse.

If parents actually do the job they should be doing, the society around them would not influence children in this way.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
What do you guys think about this type of instant internet-based karma? Surely it's good that people banded together to help the woman, but what about the fact that the kids doing the harassment are now being viewed as scum of the earth vermin, and this will likely follow them for quite some time, if not forever? Do they not deserve a bit of compassion?

IMO, it's deserved humiliation.
Maybe they'll learn a lesson that their parents should have taught them?

Internet storms like this might be fierce, but within a week things will clam down and get back to normal. As for the kids and their social environment, perhaps now would be a good time for each of those kids to show that they have learned their mistake, that they have shamed and embarrassed their parents, accept it and move on?

You can bet none of those kids will be acting like that towards another person again. It's just a shame that it takes the planet to teach them that lesson instead of their parents doing it long ago.

It would be very interesting to see what their parents think and feel about this. I get the feeling that none of those kids will be grounded, and the parents are probably saying it's "just kids being kids". And if that's the case, therein lies the problem.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
You don't even have to believe in Jesus, just know the truth of his words.

If you don't believe in what Jesus preached, non-violence, respect, love, charity, and compassion,

Newsflash, I don't believe in your Christian God, but I am still able to tell the difference between right and wrong. Christianity does not hold a copyright on morality, however much you'd like to feel superior to everyone else.

Oh, and interesting that so many Christians in the Church have been found to be abusing children. That kinda proves that morality is not automatically applied to those who believe in God.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT FACT (at least as concerns the depth of pain these kids were attempting to inflict):

After following this story yesterday, I came across the fact that in addition to these kids verbally, physically and sexually threatening this woman...they were psychologically abusing her as well.

Remember the part of the video where these little sh-ts were saying:
"You're so fat and ugly, your family wants to kill themselves!"?

According to a network news story last night, this woman's son had committed suicide recently.

Obviously, these punks were aware of that fact...and were using it to inflict maximum emotional pain upon this poor woman.

To me, this alone demonstrates almost pathological cruelty or sociopathic trendencies, where these kids are concerned. It was beyond simple taunting and stupid childish behavior...It was borderline evil.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Well...like i said....likely 1 sociopathic and charismatic ring leader along with a whole flock of weak willed followers. The social structure of children is quite a bit different than among adults.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
At least, this is some great news

Online fund for bullied elderly bus monitor tops $460K

An online vacation fund set up by a Toronto man to help a 68-year-old school bus monitor in upstate New York who was bullied to tears by a group of teenagers is nearing half a million dollars — soaring past its goal of $5,000. Karen Klein, who lives in the Rochester, N.Y., suburb of Greece, was tormented by four 13-year-old boys who hurled profanity-laced insults at the grandmother.

And this is karma at work

The incident has led to calls for harsh punishment for the boys behind the bullying, who are reportedly under police protection.

"They've received death threats," Greece police Capt. Steve Chatterton said Thursday. "Their families have been threatened.

"We have custody of one of their cellphones, and he had over 1,000 missed calls and 1,000 text messages threatening him. And he's 13 years old. That must stop."

CBC

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning and it didn't shock me.

I'm not surprised at all. Youth today are a bit out of control and I thought I was when I was a kid.

I was brought up not to do things like this to people. "Don't do to others that you don't want done to yourself" stuck with me.

Growing up iv'e seen kids act alot worse then this. Just not to adults never to other adults. Kids are alot worse when they antagonize thier peers.

The real question is what have these kids done to other kids if they would treat an old women like this.

This country is becomming a breeding ground for psycopaths.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

Like i just posted to the other person, i think their was a reason they filmed it because she might have snapped before, and they wanted to get her actions on camera.. But who knows, im not defending these dumbass kids, i hope they get whats commin to them. But i dont think the lady deserves a few hundred grand for this..... But idk her, maybe she does.

I think the kid filmed it...and put it up BECAUSE he was actually PROUD of it...and couldn't wait to show his friends. This is sad....but true. As has been pointed out, this was mob-mentality on parade (a la Lord Of The Flies)...with one psychopathically sick child rallying and instigating the other three weak-minded followers.

My guess is that the kid who did the filming...was also the leader in this ordeal against the poor woman...and probably recorded and kept and exhibited the video in the same manner a sociopath, serial-killer keeps trophies from his victims.

At least one of these kids...has got a very disturbing and destructive future ahead of him...regardless of any apologies or empty remorse he may profess now. The other three kids may actually have an opportunity to learn from this tragic and cruel experience...God Help Them.
edit on 22-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by WhisperingWinds

To me it looks like she did something to make these kids hate her, i want to hear the kids reason for doing this before i go judging whats normal and not normal for a 11-12 year old's actions, your right about a fat joke or two, but this sounded more of an attack. Sooo i'd like to know what she did. They filmed her for a reason, and she was quiet... Maybe she did something off camera?

I watched her on Anderson last night, as well as a few clips on youtube, on other programs.

She doesn't know why they did this, and it seems to have been an isolated incident.

She did say, they are generally good kids , but this day they were not.

There is no mention if she reported it, and it may have well been because it went viral so quickly that she didn't get the chance.

One of the boys parents came to her and apologized very sincerely for his sons behavior, which one of the news stations filmed.

She seemed very down to earth in the interview , and said she was very surprised at all the great support she received, but wasn't counting on any money till she actually saw it.

She was read some apology statements by the boys via Anderson , but she didn't seem too convinced in the sincerity of them, though she did say, she didn't think she would press criminal charges, yet wasn't sure. She does want to see them get serious consequences, like maybe not playing sports for year ,and maybe some community services, as well as mentioning some other consequences.

She says she will continue to monitor the bus.

edit on 22-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You can bet none of those kids will be acting like that towards another person again. It's just a shame that it takes the planet to teach them that lesson instead of their parents doing it long ago. It would be very interesting to see what their parents think and feel about this. I get the feeling that none of those kids will be grounded, and the parents are probably saying it's "just kids being kids". And if that's the case, therein lies the problem.

Some of the parents have apologized, and one made a very heartfelt apology on camera.

Did you learn to be so judging and condemning of other parents from your parents ?

I will agree that there are parents not fit to parent, but at the same time some of the nicest kids, and adults I know came from homes with terrible parenting.
edit on 22-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The kid who filmed/posted it did so out of peer pressure (or so he claims). He had always been kind and polite to Ms. Klein (or so she claims, and she states she was shocked he was involved). Like I said: 1 sociopathic, charismatic ring leader accompanied by a whole gaggle of weak minded, weak willed followers.

Adults are capable of this, too. For more information on that topic, Google up "Nazi Regime". In a mob mentality, the only item in focus is the pitchfork....reason be damned.

RE: the death threats and harrassment the attackers are receiving....it would seem that we either have children who just don't "get it" and are using bullying tactics, or we have adults who are no better than children. Either is possible, as we have seen on the internet. Anonymity makes petulant children out of most people.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Actually you can't blame the kids for not stepping up to the other kids. Psychologically speaking a behavior had been established on the bus, we'll call that the norm. Once a "norm" has been established the other kids are compelled to conform to said norm. Again this is a psychological necessity because we must conform to a norm. Once the norm is established it becomes incredibly difficult for it to be broke, this is because of retaliation. When a norm is attempted to be changed a backlash occurs, sometimes it is just looks other times it is through violence. The point being is that we are not beings that like to break norms, once we conform thats that.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

This is AKA: The 5 Monkeys

5 monkeys are in a cage. In the middle of this cage is a ladder. Above the ladder is a banana. The 5 monkeys go about life, and when one notices the banana, he attempts to climb the ladder to get it. At this point, all 5 monkeys are sprayed with a hard jet of ice cold water.

This process is then repeated as many times as needed to stop the monkeys from even trying to get the banana. As this process unfolds,, you at first have 1, then 2, then all of the monkeys attacking any of the other monkeys that even approach the ladder. They fear the icy water hitting them really hard when someone tries to get the banana. Their spirits broke, they have even enforced it themselves, through risk aversion, that the banana is an unreachable goal, and they have given up collectively on trying.

Now, take out 1 of the monkeys, and replace it with a new one. Before long, this monkey will try to get the banana. And as he approaches the ladder, he will be beaten up badly by 4 other monkeys. These monkeys know the price paid for trying to get the banana, and they are not about to suffer such a torture for this young upstart! So you allow this to go on until none of the monkeys are trying to get the banana.

Replace another monkey with a new one. Watch the same saga as above unfold, where the other monkeys attack him for trying to get the banana. Never mind that some of the monkeys were never sprayed with the ice cold water, they are participating in a group think behavior now.

Continue this until all monkeys have been replaced. In the end you will have 5 monkeys that will use violence to keep each other from trying to get the banana, yet none of them know why they do this. None of them ever felt the hose. They are just doing the way it has always been done.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join