It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly the monkeys had conformed to the norm, and then taught the others to conform too. Thats an interesting article that I haven't read before, good find.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

To me it looks like she did something to make these kids hate her, i want to hear the kids reason for doing this before i go judging whats normal and not normal for a 11-12 year old's actions, your right about a fat joke or two, but this sounded more of an attack. Sooo i'd like to know what she did. They filmed her for a reason, and she was quiet... Maybe she did something off camera?

You must not have kids. Among the inhabitants of this universe, human children have the greatest capacity for doing stupid stuff for the reason of "i dunno".

Yea maybe, I'm sure they threatened to kill her and mess her with for nothing... Either way tho i dont care, its old news, she's raking in the money while the kids get frowned upon.... She doesn't deserve sh**, she's a crappy example of an authority figure and I'm not impressed with her huge bank account after her cowardliness... That's all, you probably dont agree and thats aright. Overall I think its a scam

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

You hit the nail right on the head with conforming to "the norm."

I've seen it in action at work. I was the new prep cook at a restaurant and started seeing absolutely disgusting/unhealthy behavior from another employee. I told everyone but they already knew!

I was very vocal about it. I only ate food I prepped and paper plates became my "norm." In an unbelievable short period of time I had all my co-workers eating on paper plates. They started watching her closely instead of looking the other way, they were finally feeling the disgust they should've felt all along.

I quit before she was finally fired. Adults are prone to this "norm" mentality as well. Scary thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

To me it looks like she did something to make these kids hate her, i want to hear the kids reason for doing this before i go judging whats normal and not normal for a 11-12 year old's actions, your right about a fat joke or two, but this sounded more of an attack. Sooo i'd like to know what she did. They filmed her for a reason, and she was quiet... Maybe she did something off camera?

You must not have kids. Among the inhabitants of this universe, human children have the greatest capacity for doing stupid stuff for the reason of "i dunno".

Yea maybe, I'm sure they threatened to kill her and mess her with for nothing... Either way tho i dont care, its old news, she's raking in the money while the kids get frowned upon.... She doesn't deserve sh**, she's a crappy example of an authority figure and I'm not impressed with her huge bank account after her cowardliness... That's all, you probably dont agree and thats aright. Overall I think its a scam

She probably did something as simple as send one of them to the front of the bus.(I did see a video clip of her doing that in a different you tube vid, which must have been on a different day as she was wearing different clothing)

So, she didn't roll over and take their attitude, every time, and maybe thats why they deiced to get very cruel.

That being said, you have a right to your opinion , but be careful that you don't twist this around into making her the reason for this very disgusting behavior.

Blame the victim mentality doesn't go over well with this story, and there is video evidence that she did monitor effectively in other cases, which may have been the catylist ?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I say send the little punks to a military bootcamp for a year....subject them to the same training and discipline that our soldiers are put thru.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed
I say send the little punks to a military bootcamp for a year....subject them to the same training and discipline that our soldiers are put thru.

And that is going to make them better?

Sorry, but I don't see how that will make them more human, on contrary, giving them training in survivability and weapons would be like giving oil to fire...

I am sure that they regret what they did, but that does not make it right either. They should be punished as every other kid... dispel them from school for a year (making all other possible bullies think before they do so again), send them to anger management classes, have them spend time with shrinks, send their parents to 'how to rise your kids' class etc.

I believe her donation should reach 500K tonight, and hope she uses money to retire, but I doubt she will see any money out of it... (or might feel bad and donate it) IMHO, she deserves it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Sit me on a bus to be ridiculed by some kids for half a million dollars..... People are gonna feel dumb when they realize this was a setup

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

Originally posted by moonweed

And that is going to make them better?

Sorry, but I don't see how that will make them more human, on contrary, giving them training in survivability and weapons would be like giving oil to fire...

I am sure that they regret what they did, but that does not make it right either. They should be punished as every other kid... dispel them from school for a year (making all other possible bullies think before they do so again), send them to anger management classes, have them spend time with shrinks, send their parents to 'how to rise your kids' class etc.

I believe her donation should reach 500K tonight, and hope she uses money to retire, but I doubt she will see any money out of it... (or might feel bad and donate it) IMHO, she deserves it.

As of an hour ago, her fund was up to 545K.
Last night, Southwest Airlines donated a vacation to Disneyland for her and 9 others.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sit me on a bus to be ridiculed by some kids for half a million dollars..... People are gonna feel dumb when they realize this was a setup

I don't think these kids are intelligent enough to come up with a scam that clever.
This was exactly what it seems...cruel, out-of-control, mob-mentality behavior from a bunch of pampered, over-indulged, and spoiled little twits.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

A school bus driver should NOT be an authority figure, she should be an old woman who gets respect because the children have parents that taught them manners!

We need to bring back mental hygiene films in schools to teach children manners. We need to bring back etiquette that people in society are expected to follow. We need to bring back shunning those who don't follow that etiquette so that these brats and their parents not only deal with death threats, but great shame.

Only then will our children stop being little terrorists and become future mature adults.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
At the end of this episode, people around the world will be left with TWO stories; ONE intensely negative...ONE intensely positive....BOTH will be distortions of the actual truth.

1.) ALL American children are vicious, cruel, and out-of-control (12 yr. old punks on the bus).

2.) ALL Americans are extremely compassionate, seek justice...and are EXTRAODINARILY generous
($1,000,000+ in donations to this victimized older woman).

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
THIS. THIS. THIS!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

Well...like i said....likely 1 sociopathic and charismatic ring leader along with a whole flock of weak willed followers. The social structure of children is quite a bit different than among adults.

I know what you mean. But I still don't understand how that happens. And it definitely does happen in adults too. You just need to look at the gang culture and even groups of friends who all attack one person on a night out.

I've seen some fascinating experiments where people abandon all sense of morality under instructions from a "leader" figure. The most notable case is probably Nazi officers who later couldn't explain their actions towards camp prisoners. I've seen at least one story from back then where two prison guards described it as being under a spell, and only realizing the magnitude of what they'd done years later.

I understand the psychology of the weak being influenced to follow, but I cannot see how people allow it to happen to them. I've never experienced this myself, but perhaps that's why I don't understand people joining the military, or prisoners experiencing Stockholm Syndrome.

I've never been what someone might call an "Alpha" male, but I've never taken any crap and allowed myself to be a follower either.

Edit: Just saw your later post about Nazi regime, so it looks like we're thinking along the same lines

edit on 22-6-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
Some of the parents have apologized, and one made a very heartfelt apology on camera.

Did you learn to be so judging and condemning of other parents from your parents ?

I will agree that there are parents not fit to parent, but at the same time some of the nicest kids, and adults I know came from homes with terrible parenting.
edit on 22-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

I learned to be so judging of parents from the behavior of their own kids.

Some of the nicest people I know come from bad parents. That doesn't change the fact that the parents are responsible for allowing their kids to become bad. It doesn't mean that every child from a home like that will behave the same.

I'm not saying that all kids from a bad family are going to be inherently bad, I am saying that bad kids come from bad or ineffective parents.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I'm not saying that all kids from a bad family are going to be inherently bad, I am saying that bad kids come from bad or ineffective parents.

Sorry, but I disagree.

From my own experience , I was what some might consider a "bad " kid. I occasionally skipped school, partied and smoked pot as a teenager, and would sneak out at night on occasion after my curfew because I didn't want to miss the fun.

My parents grounded me, and taught me what was right from wrong, but I was a typical disrespectful teenager , that was hell bent on having my freedom.

My parents were great , and they tried hard, and if anyone had suggested my actions were do to their lack of good parenting, I would have laughed in their faces.

I would like to ask other members here, how many of you made some very bad choices as a teenager or even at 11 or 12 , that your parents totally disagreed with, and were very verbal to you about it?

My guess is over 75% of members here, have some really good stories, about the stunts they pulled as kids, but most would say they had parents who had tried to teach them better.

I'll also bet you that most of these members now are mature responsible contributing members to society, and try to do their best to raise their children well.

Be careful of tossing out such general judgements, because they do find a way of coming back and biting you in the ..a**. Karma can be such a b****

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What amazes me is how most people refuse to believe that there is a stealth agenda to brainwash kids.

This is ALL the proof you need right here...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
THIS. THIS. THIS!!

What a FREAKIN masterpiece! ! ! ! !

THIS VIDEO IS EPIC ! ! !

I don't know WHO this guy is but if people like HIM and others such as SGT. Shamar Thomas were in charge, this nation would be an ENTIRELY different place!

One of the YT comments:

"Kids don't get punished anymore when i was that age and got in trouble i got my ass beat" 7

How SAD that the video has a small number of views and some are actually voting thumbs DOWN. (all the kids from that school bus no doubt...)

edit on 22-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I have a feeling that you are deliberately ignoring my point and trying to make my posting sound unreasonable by misrepresenting what I am actually saying.

I've already stated that I was no perfect child. I smoked and drank, I stayed out all night. The difference is that I would have never treated another Human like this. That is the difference here.
You can do what you like to yourself, that's fine. But neither myself nor any of my friends would have ever disrespected, humiliated or abused another person like that.

Kids do make bad choices. I agree that the vast majority here will have done some stupid things (and a lot of fun things too) when they were kids, and they've grown up to be intelligent, moral and decent people.

What I'm saying is that this complete lack of respect for other people, and their behavior towards others, is a direct result of their upbringing.

There is a huge difference between a teen getting drunk or smoking pot, and a teen verbally attacking an adult like this. Huge, massive, incredible difference.
edit on 22-6-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

There is a huge difference between a teen getting drunk or smoking pot, and a teen verbally attacking an adult like this. Huge, massive, incredible difference.

Yes, I agree there is a huge difference , but I don't necessarily put all the blame on the parents, though I'm sure in some cases it has a lot to do with it.

You expecting parents to not let their children watch TV, go to movies, or have a facebook account, so their children are not subjected to seeing this kind of behavior.

Disrespect like that is rampant online , as well as in the media. Kids pick up a lot from their peers, and those perhaps a bit older, when playing online video games , etc. It becomes socially acceptable to some, and considered cool to others, even if their parents are adamantly against it.

Yes, parents can take away video games, and stop television, but they can't follow their kids around 24/7, making sure they behave respectfully.

Now, going back to the bad parenting comment, there are many(in my day at least) who would say that any child who smoked pot, or drank alcohol as a teenager, were not being raised properly, and would argue that fact just as you are arguing yours.

edit on 22-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I don't know WHO this guy is but if people like HIM and others such as SGT. Shamar Thomas were in charge, this nation would be an ENTIRELY different place!

Nope, this nation would just have more people who think brutality is the answer to everything.

Thats one of the major problems with this society as is, and God help us if people like this run our countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join