It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

If that was my child on that bus, I would accept my failure as a mother and be ashamed and embarrassed.

People can talk a lot of crap about home schooled children, after seeing these public schooled children on a bus acting like this, it reaffirms my decision to not let my daughter around that kind of toxic atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
reply to post by Auricom

If that was my child on that bus, I would accept my failure as a mother and be ashamed and embarrassed.

People can talk a lot of crap about home schooled children, after seeing these public schooled children on a bus acting like this, it reaffirms my decision to not let my daughter around that kind of toxic atmosphere.

I'm sure the parents are mortified by the behavior, but just because your daughter is home schooled, doesn't guarantee she won't act like a smart ass, and mouth off at the mall someday.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
5 minutes alone

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm going to share my story in brief about how I was bullied by a group of middle school kids...

They used to wait for their bus each morning on the corner right by my house. Whenever I would come home from work in the morning (3rd shift), they would start in calling me profanities, and using other sexual terms ..... it was mainly the boys doing this. I tried ignoring them, it didn't work. I tried standing up against them, and that made it worse. It was like throwing gasoline on a fire.

So, one morning, as I got out of my car to go in the house, and they were standing on the corner again waiting for the bus, they decided to start in again. I said nothing. I just sat there, waiting for their bus to come. Wrote down the bus number. Called the bus company to find out what school that bus was going to. Called the principal of the school and let them know what had been going on. He was furious and apologized immediately and said it would be handled.

Next day, I come home from work again in the morning and those kids were there. They said not ONE word to me. They would not even so much as look my way. I don't know what happened to them, but they certainly straightened out after that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

reply to post by Auricom

I'm sure the parents are mortified by the behavior, but just because your daughter is home schooled, doesn't guarantee she won't act like a smart ass, and mouth off at the mall someday.

She might act that way among her peers, but if she ever mistreated an adult or our elderly.... believe me she has been taught better.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

reply to post by Auricom

She might act that way among her peers, but if she ever mistreated an adult or our elderly.... believe me she has been taught better.

I have no doubt that she has been taught better , but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

All it takes is for one of the bully types in her peer group to make some disparaging remarks about some old fat lady walking in front of them, and she could very well be giggling about it, and throwing in the odd joke, despite what she has been taught.

Then the old overweight lady feels sad then angry, and inwardly tells herself.."I blame her parent".

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

edit on 21-6-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I'm going to share my story in brief about how I was bullied by a group of middle school kids...

They used to wait for their bus each morning on the corner right by my house. Whenever I would come home from work in the morning (3rd shift), they would start in calling me profanities, and using other sexual terms ..... it was mainly the boys doing this. I tried ignoring them, it didn't work. I tried standing up against them, and that made it worse. It was like throwing gasoline on a fire.

So, one morning, as I got out of my car to go in the house, and they were standing on the corner again waiting for the bus, they decided to start in again. I said nothing. I just sat there, waiting for their bus to come. Wrote down the bus number. Called the bus company to find out what school that bus was going to. Called the principal of the school and let them know what had been going on. He was furious and apologized immediately and said it would be handled.

Next day, I come home from work again in the morning and those kids were there. They said not ONE word to me. They would not even so much as look my way. I don't know what happened to them, but they certainly straightened out after that.

Sorry you had to experience that, and happy to hear you thought of a reasonable way to put an end to it.

Some kids just don't care about being ignored, and I believe you when you say fighting back was like putting gasoline on flames.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yeah I hope that too but I don't think it happened. I've seen worse situations where people got completely away. We don't live in that 'peaceful' world anymore, where being 'bad' was actually 'bad'. From now on, I only see it getting worse but I'm a little bit pessimistic.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Yep these kids were mean little jerks, but I hardly think the little old lady, or most of humanity would want to see their skulls smashed in front of her eyes. These kids need to be accountable, and do some sort of restitution, but you can't force them to be sorry, and smashing skull hardly seems like the appropriate way to handle it.
I am happy the woman got some support emotionally as well as financially, but I'll bet you she wouldn't want to see great physical harm done to these kids, and would be one of the first to step in if she saw then being very cruelly treated physically. These kids by this age are lost. There is no helping them. Smashing skulls is probably the only thing that would work at this stage in their development.

You really need to make it clear that you are replying to my post, with some sort of quotation marks around my words. I noticed when I went to reply that you are missing the first quote box around my quote, and it reads like it is all your words in your post, which comes off as very confusing.

These are middle school age kids, and they are not beyond learning, and growing up and realizing their mistakes.

To say smashing skulls at this point is the only thing that will work shows much more immaturity in you, and my guess is your beyond middle school.

Does this mean someone has to smash your skull to show you that smashing someone elses isn't the right thing to do?

edit on 21-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is a great time for bullies since they can now film it and get widespread attention and notoriety for bad behavior, which is what they crave. These are the type of kids who would benefit from a moment of physical pain and the humiliation that it could bring followed by consistent relentless discipline. Bullying prevents both the bully and their victims from reaching their true potential. And many do not grow out of it at all, they just go on to be adult bullies.

Some folks can be reasoned with. But some, child and adult, need it knocked out of them. Violence might be the answer, depending on what the question is. Sometimes two "wrongs" do make a right.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
UPDATE: OVER $100,000 RAISED FOR BUS MONITOR.

Wow, this story has really taken the internet by storm and in less than 24 hours people rallied behind her and managed to raise a huge some of money for her to do with as she will, perhaps taking a much needed vacation or even early retirement (or maybe right on schedule).

How The Internet Rallied To Help A Verbally Abused Bus Monitor

What do you guys think about this type of instant internet-based karma? Surely it's good that people banded together to help the woman, but what about the fact that the kids doing the harassment are now being viewed as scum of the earth vermin, and this will likely follow them for quite some time, if not forever? Do they not deserve a bit of compassion? I'm reminded of a quote from our old friend here on ATS, Hidden_Hand:

Please note I've snipped a bit for the sake of brevity and succintity.

ATS: Thank you for answering my previous questions. I have some more, if that's ok?

1. How can karma be overcome, if at all? Is there an end to the karmic cycle?
2. Is time really as we perceive it, or is it another 3D illusion?
Thanks

HH: You are welcome.

1). No, Karma cannot be 'overcome', it must be 'worked off'. In other words, if you've hurt someone, be it physically, emotionally, or however else, you will have to, at some future point, experience what that felt like for them. The Law of Karmic Effect is not a 'punishment', it is a tool of learning, which is set in place to promote personal growth and development. If you have to feel the consequences of your actions, there is a higher likelihood of your choosing a different course, the next time around. It is also important to hold in mind that it works both ways. Seek therefore to ensure that the effect of your presence upon those 'others' whom you encounter upon your journey, are positive and beneficial.

1b). A Karmic Cycle is brought to completion once you have learned the lessons intended for you from it. If you keep repeating the same mistakes, you'll keep cycling until such a time as you get the message, and break the cycle. But yes, ultimately, all of us will learn that which we need to learn, and all of us will find our way Home. For some, it just takes longer than others.

I suppose we could paraphrase an old saying:

Live by the web, die by the web.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
UPDATE: OVER $100,000 RAISED FOR BUS MONITOR.

* * * but what about the fact that the kids doing the harassment are now being viewed as scum of the earth vermin, and this will likely follow them for quite some time, if not forever? Do they not deserve a bit of compassion? * * * .

Behave like scum of the earth vermin and that's how people will view you. Some might take measures to deal with them as the type of humans their behavior protrays them to be.

Their boorish cruel behavior might be a subconscious cry for help. But the kind of help that eventually comes their way will be the proverbial single session therapy kind. Probably what they need.

I do pity them for their blind stupidity.
edit on 6/21/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Kids know they can do it and get away with it.

If you lost your temper and swore at them you'd be for the high jump, if you clipped one of them around the ear you'd be going to prison.

What punishment might they face? None.

I had a kid start squaring up to me, getting right in my face showing off to his mates. He was probably 14 or 15.

I stood there and thought you know what, I could absolutely annihilate you, you little #, and put you in hospital for the next 6 months, but what could I honestly do really?

I had to stand there and take his insults and him squaring up to me because I could do absolutely nothing in retaliation.

The Police, his school, parents, etc would have had no interest whatsoever in dealing with him.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Easy , show this to their parents , and get his father to smack the little bitch until he is blue in the face !
that little kid is a punk , and will always be a punk.

Next thing you know he is working in the police force beating protestors

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Really liking some of the response videos on youtube, especially the ones made by other kids. I wonder if the ones who did this are enjoying the things being said about them. If their parents are still allowing them access to a means of watching. Gotta suck to be hated on globally. If it were up to me they'd never see it since the only technology they'd be accessing this summer would be a lawn mower and vacuum cleaner.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

And it's sad not one of those kids stood up against the rest.

That's because kids today are raised to be whimps. Many of the boys don't have a father around either to show them what it means to be a man.

I bet a good lot of them were distracted by their iPhones, too.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Now this is where I can see cameras on school buses is in order with signs posted that they are being monitored. There is plenty of types of punishment, skip worth, community service work, summer school, military summer camp for kids with a drill sergeant screaming in their faces.
They will learn respect and that actions have consequences.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hey I'm not sure if it's already been posted here... I don't have time right no to read every post on every page, but I came across this vid yesterday and followed the comments etc down a rabbit hole to where some locals in that area had identified the kids, some of their parents, where they work, their employers and direct bosses, plus the principle of the school where these little toe-rags supposedly went to be 'educated'...

... would anyone here like to send the principle and pupils' teacher a rather pointed email outlining their views and opinions on this particular 'manifestation' of their teaching methods and what an outstanding job they're doing grooming these socio and psychopaths for life as well-rounded adults, out here where we live and raise our children?

More than happy to post these details if people wish... or if the consensus is that it may in fact be 'inappropriate' and the school's public statement about 'fearing for the safety of the children concerned' is a fair assessment, then I'll refrain from doing so. Up to you lot.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Video Camera and recording on all school buses!! This was horrible!! No wonder my children didnt want to ride the Bus.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join