It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

American citizens have the option to work for less under the table right now...why aren't they doing it?
because technically, "working under the table" IS against the law (ya know, illegal).

performing work under contract, ie 1099, is not "working under the table" as you like to infer.
ppl who work under the table, whether they, themselves, are legal or illegal, is still an illegal activity, so says the revenue laws. (not just me)

work performed by an "independent contractor" (1099) is still subject to revenue law, just not the same ones as "employees" [whether hourly or salaried] ... perhaps your lack of comprehension is your difficulty in understanding the complexities of what you suggest.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by TheTardis

From the anger that people are directing at me...I'd say I've hit on some truth. People rarely get angry because of statements that don't hold any truth...but they do get angry when someone hits a little too close to home.

?

I dont think its anger, I think its bafflement, they are baffled that someone can display the ignorance and unreasonable assumptions you make toward your own fellow citizens.

Stop preaching to us and go pick up a illegal family at the border, take em in and feed them, clothe them, let them have run of your house.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by FuZe7

Yeah, and we'd be paying $5 for a tomato, and $300 for an average hotel room.

Not to mention lawn service.

While a bit tongue-in-cheek, it's actually a lot more true than funny...

Without illegal labor, prices in certain industries that employ them would skyrocket (as they passed higher labor costs onto the consumer)....

You're absolutely right. I'm just bitching here....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
They may become more expensive than before, then I again I'll know that my dollar stays in the US and supports American families instead of being sent to the armpit known as Mexico.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I have no issue with legal immigration. I do have an issue with illegal immigration and anchor babies.

Like it or not..those "anchor babies" are your fellow American citizens as defined by the US Constitution.

I guess you don't respect American citizens...huh?

Also, we here in the US need to revise our immigration policy. We no longer have a manufacturing base. We do not need unskilled labor. Our new motto should be send us your best and brightest.

If we don't need unskilled labor...where are all these "illegals" working???

I do support legal immigration and I do not fear immigrants. I think that is just a made up justification to marginalize people who are upset with the costs of illegal immigration.

So you support a more open and easy immigration policy???

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by frazzle

I've read more about the immigration issue then most folks here on ATS.

Don't be so snippy.

Mexicans come here to have babies. If you have a baby in the US, the baby is a citizen. The family then immediately qualifies for welfare. That costs the taxpayers about $1600 per month in welfare benefits for the family.

When the baby reaches the age of 18, he/she can apply to have her parents come here legally since the 18 year old is a citizen.

It's not always about jobs. Right now, it's about free money if you have a kid here. It's time to end welfare for non-citizens.

How do you know you have read more about immigration than others...that is an ignorant statement when you have no idea what other people have read on the issue.

And that "welfare" isn't for the families...it is for the American citizen who is a baby.

Don't you want to help your fellow American citizen out...or do you want them to starve to death???

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I support immigration, I just think that the entire system needs to be revised so we support legal immigration of people who have skills and end the immigration of people who won't be able to be part of the economy.

We don't need people who don't have skills.

Um...yes...we do...that is the whole point.

Our lazy populace won't do the unskilled labor that "illegals" do in this country.

Well...they will..as long as you pay them six figures and give them breaks every 10 minutes (it's hot out in that sun).

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

So in other words when it comes to you personally you shouldn't have to share your home/wealth etc. with anyone because its private, but the United States collectively is not to own private property?

No...by definition a country does not own "private" property.

Words mean things....public and private are two different things.

You can say what you want about me, but your the one who wants the country to allow anyone in, but you won't do it in your own home. You say these people should be praised for there hard work and thats all that matters, and then you admit your lazier than them. Then by all rights they should have your property and possessions even if its not legal.

This is "my" country as much as it is "yours"...I'm welcoming them into "our" land...what makes you think that means I should house them or feed them or clothe them?

I'm inviting them in to give them an opportunity to work and better themselves...not to provide for them.

I am lazier than most of them...I didn't say I'm not successful. They can keep whatever they earn...and I'll do the same...why do you seem to have such a problem with that.

Why does it being your private property matter? Every argument you make as to why it would be ok for them to be here because of how good they are would also apply to them having your private property.

Really...do you think it is ok for kids to play at a public park??? How about in your house???

Do you see how dumb that argument is...but I can tell you really think you have a good one...so keep on trying.

You want everyone else to pay up and help people as long as it doesn't affect you.

Where did I say that?

Where did I ask anyone to help them?

They come here to work...and they are harder workers than most Americans...so in a time of high unemployment...they still have jobs.

I never asked anyone to help them...you are just making things up now because your other "private vs public" argument is so weak.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Oh, I guess you have doubts in whether capitalism really works (are you a secret commie?). If tomatoes do spike in price, I guarantee the production will follow. They may become more expensive than before, then I again I'll know that my dollar stays in the US and supports American families instead of being sent to the armpit known as Mexico.

And who is going to pick all those tomatoes.

The price is going to go up because supply is going to shrink from the crop rotting in the field.

And do you have the same resentment for the millions and millions of dollars American citizens send to Mexico in the form of vacationing???

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

And I'm suggesting it is because they are scared of the competition that new immigrants present.

And why exactly shouldn't they be scared? You are speaking of "sense of entitlement" here but this is bogus, because you seem to extend to the immigrants the entitlement of being in the US illegally and taking someone else jobs. Why are they free to feel entitled to come here and I'm not entitled to keep my living standards?

You keep harping on that Americans need to work longer hours for less pay, otherwise you call them lazy @sses. This is idiocy. This is not progress, that's a way to slavery.

I don't think they feel "entitled" to it...they work damn hard and risk their lives to come here and work.

That doesn't sound very "entitled" to me...just face the facts....they work their ass off for what they have...it's not a lot....it's less than any American would work for...but that is what makes them different. And that is why American fear them...my god...how hard would they work if we allowed them to become legal???

Americans don't have to work longer for less pay...but if they keep crying about the level playing field...then they are going to have to do something to level that playing field. Either make everyone legal and make it easy for people to become legal...bring them up to our standards....or yes...they can work longer, harder, and for less pay to go down to their standards.

It's their choice.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

actually, plenty of posters have indicated their desire to punish the employers but that doesn't take away from the absolute fact that remains ... if there were no illegal immigrants to hire, the employers wouldn't be tempted.

Chicken or the egg???

So let's do it...let's crack down on employers who hire illegals for 1/3 of what they pay Americans. Now...who are they going to hire??? Americans still won't do the work illegals do.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

I'd love to see my replies where I claim racism.

I'd love to see where I mentioned your name.

Psychological projection?
edit on 6-20-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

Well you did reply to my thread without calling anyone else out.

The fact remains...the ones talking about racism and race are those that are anti-immigration...no one else.

I think it is you and others who are projecting....not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

you are now an official internet tough guy...because I know you don't do anything like this in real life

then i'd suppose you don't know much about me at all.
the last home invader i shot wasn't an illegal so what does that tell ya ??
i'm not an internet tough chic, i'm an American tough chic, get it right will ya ??

I get that you like to talk tough on the internet.

I also get that you are most likely full of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

First off.. Quit removing your quote some people reading can put this in context or does that suite your needs?

I'm having a conversation with you...I don't care what other people think...why do you???

And second that is totally different. Yes I would obviously do that as would anyone else on earth. But would I illegally jump the border into a neighboring country knowing that it is illegal and that I could be thrown in jail? No. I absolutely would not do that. I would use that determination and work ethic as you keep pointing out that they have to figure out how to get by in my own country.

It is no different at all...both are illegal...both are victimless crimes...both are done to provide for your family.

You are showing that you are a bit of a hypocrite.

You fully admit you would commit a crime to feed your family...but you try to demonize others that do the exact same thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

really ?? then why do we employ, increase the resources of and pay (job) for American
citizens to be ICE employees ??

Doctors and nurses aren't ICE employees.

Do you want to put an ICE officer in every ER across the nation???

Talk about draining resources

some secrets are better left untold.

Translation: "I have no idea what I'm talking about...so I'll just pretend I have a big secret that no one else knows about".

as for the 14th, since it was illegally implemented/ratified, i'd be happy if is was simply repealed, then we could start fresh.

Good luck with that...until that time...it is the law of the land and you have to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

true or false, the story applies.

False.

A completely made up story about immigrants dying because the "white folk" are working does not apply to anything.

Hey...I could make up a similar story and just reverse it...all the hard working immigrents were out in the field...and the lazy American was at home complaining that they can't find a job.

However...I'm not surprised that you take false propaganda as fact and base your opinions off of that.

i didn't bother to check because it's status is irrelevant, we're discussing the illegal status of over-reaching immigrants who are making nonsense demands.

You didn't bother to check because you are lazy.

Now that kind of fits with the topic of the thread

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

actually, i think many ppl would be ok with more open borders, so long as those passing through have NO access to government social support of any kind.

once they've established themselves and gained their full citizenship status, then and only then may they qualify for assistance programs provided by the people of this fine country.

i believe most Americans, would be ok with that ... it goes back to our roots of "to each, their own" ... but, that would mean the immigrants can take nothing from their fellow countrymen, any chance you see that happening anytime soon ??

I think immigrants would love that opportunity.

I just don't think Americans are going to be crazy about watching legal immigrants dying in the streets because you think they don't deserve medical care.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

i know many Mexicans who were born here

ummmm, excuse you BUT Mexicans aren't born here, Americans are.
when you get that straight, then maybe we can have a productive conversation.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Honor93 because: fix typo

Mexican Americans....better?

We are a nation of immigrants...we define ourselves by our country of origin.

But a cute way to dodge the main point.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So now your saying the Illegal aliens are not committing a crime by hopping the border? Are you now trying to say there is no such thing as an "Illegal" alien? It is not a crime to jump across the border?

Um...no...reading comprehension is key.

You claimed they came here "illegally" and are "committing crimes"....crimes....as in plural...as in more than one. So I am asking you what crimes are those.

And you are dodging the question.

I am no longer going to read nor reply to this thread. This is getting old having to say the same thing over and over and over again to you. You are having too much fun talking in circles.

That's because you don't comprehend what other people are trying to say.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

why do you so lightly bypass the most aggressive choice we have ??
we can eliminate the problem, it is a human right, Constitutionally supported and always readily available.
personally, since 86, i believe we've been far too accomodating, much too patient and quite frankly an outright embarassment to all the fore-fathers who came before us.

And what choice is that.

Be specific...I'd like details.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join