It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It's there job to treat patients.

yes, that is their job, that is what they are paid to do.
however, they also have a duty to perform whether they choose to or not.

It's not the job of any American citizen to check on another persons legal status
really ?? then why do we employ, increase the resources of and pay (job) for American
citizens to be ICE employees ??

you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
but i suppose you do right ?

But tell me...how would you, as an American citizen, check if someone was "legal" or not???
some secrets are better left untold.

as for the 14th, since it was illegally implemented/ratified, i'd be happy if is was simply repealed, then we could start fresh.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by frazzle

I can't agree with this point, rather I would say many Americans have at least subliminally figured out that working hard for money that constantly loses value is counterproductive. Most still do work when they can find it because there is no option, but their hearts aren't in it anymore.

That sounds like an excuse.

Americans are lazy because money loses value???

Nice try.

I didn't say they were lazy, I said the money they earn no longer pays the bills even if they're still working or working more than one job and that's disheartening. Wages have remained basically the same while inflation is eating everyone alive and attitudes about working while slipping ever further into debt are increasing for just about anyone you ask. Inflation is the continuous loss of money's buying power/value.

That same money is worth a great deal more when spent below the border.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

This explains everything right here. You have no idea about illegal immigrants. Large cities? They dont live in large cities. They live in the smaller cities and rural areas where they can work. Not saying that none of them live in large cities but the suburbs of my town are full of them and as I said they have taken over areas. They down flock to the downtown areas. They flock to where they can get cheap rent houses or apartments and to areas that might have new home construction or other small job sites they can work on. They also flock to commercial farming. That is not big cities.

First of all...go back and read the post I was replying to...didn't have anything to do with "illegals"...it had to do with past immigrants assimilating.

And yes...large cities attract a lot of "illegals". There are lots of jobs in large cities...where there are jobs...there will be "illegals". They do also do farm work and construction work in rural areas. But it's just false to say there isn't a large population of "illegals" in large cities.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OMG .. say that again! Say it really loud and in bold so when I throw it in your face
it will be all the sweeter. You ASSUME I don't want people coming here legally?

I don't assume it...I know it...you say so in your very next post...here...I'll quote it.

You mean you want to throw wide open the gates and to all and let everyone come here even though our society and infrastructure can't deal with a massive influx of people? Hell no.

See...you really don't want people coming here legally.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Doesnt matter at all.. OP keeps claiming that we as Americans should adjust what we are willing to accept as pay and then work our ass off to keep up with the illegals. He has stated this many times in this thread. That we need to stop complaining about it and just get to work for that paltry wage and accept the competition. So it absolutely has to do with how much that will buy in the US. You are actually proving my point that "We" cant work for that because we cant afford to live on it. But "They" can because they are sending it home and it buys a lot more there. The playing field is not level and it has nothing to do with friendly competition.

Not quite...what I suggest is for people to stop crying about it.

There are a few different options for people to do that...either bite the bullet and out-work the immigrants so they go back home...and yes..that includes sacrificing as much as they do...including pay.

OR

Start supporting an easier immigration policy and a harsher policy to punish those American citizens that hire "illegals". Then you have your "even playing field"...and you can simply prove that Americans are better workers because everyone will be playing by the same rules.

But of course...when I suggest this...people lose their minds and say hell no. So they must not want the competition or feel confident in their skills or work ethic to play on a level playing field with immigrants.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

They are rewarded with staying here. Your willful ignorance is sad.

They are deported if caught...doesn't seem like much of a reward to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

true or false, the story applies.
you checking it against snopes only proves your inadequate debunking skills, nothing more.
it does'nt really matter if the story is true or false, the premise is true enough.

oooops i forgot, that "false" flag must have been hanging too low to the ground or you wouldn't have reached for it.

"her point" isn't the discussion topic of this thread is it ?
so, why are you trying to make it so ?

chain email ?? says who ?? snopes ??
i didn't bother to check because it's status is irrelevant, we're discussing the illegal status of over-reaching immigrants who are making nonsense demands.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

It is a comparison.
Migrating through the open Eastern Border LEGALLY, or sneaking over the Northern/Southern Border ILLEGALLY.

You have already been shown for the fraud that you are in this topic.
You skip around and cherry pick topics to respond to.

Those coming over "illegally" today would gladly come over "legally" if they had to do the same thing immigrants of the past had to do....sign their name.

What haven't I responded to that you would like me to???

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

actually, i think many ppl would be ok with more open borders, so long as those passing through have NO access to government social support of any kind.

once they've established themselves and gained their full citizenship status, then and only then may they qualify for assistance programs provided by the people of this fine country.

i believe most Americans, would be ok with that ... it goes back to our roots of "to each, their own" ... but, that would mean the immigrants can take nothing from their fellow countrymen, any chance you see that happening anytime soon ??

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I Love you you always resort to personal attacks on people. I am glad to see i am dealing with someone of character and not just your average child.

Let me remind you of some of your previous replies.

Your very first reply in this thread:

I think I have this figured out. OS is a illegal alien and using our resources to work and surf the internet all day looking to piss off hard working Americans. It explains everything.

And all the rest:

Open your eyes and stop being so naive with your useless babble.

Blah Blah Blah Blah, Your like a broken record.

Don't be so naive. And stop asking the same stupid questions.

Entering the country illegally is a FELONY Idiot

You are a total moron yourself sir. Period.

Shall I go on???

You have to admit you have gone back and forth on this thread.

Prove it...show me where I have gone back and forth. All my comments are still there...please go find me quotes where I go back and forth on any position.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Again, Personal attacks. I live in Oklahoma so yes. You have to be blind to not realize that if someone were born here and not an immigrant they would more than likely speak the language. I dont think it is possible that you are that naive. Your just being silly now. I didnt say Illegal. I said Immigrant.

It's ignorant assumptions like yours that causes problems.

Just because someone has brown skin and is speaking Spanish doesn't mean they are an immigrant. I know many Mexicans who were born here, raised here, went to school, speak fluent English...but surprise...they speak Spanish all the time when they are out with their family.

Save yourself from looking ignorant and don't make baseless assumptions about people.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

i know many Mexicans who were born here

ummmm, excuse you BUT Mexicans aren't born here, Americans are.
when you get that straight, then maybe we can have a productive conversation.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Honor93 because: fix typo

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Your naivete borders on criminal. I've seen people in Cambodia, living in abject poverty, on about 60 cents a day. So you seriously suggest that Americans need to downgrade to that level? Really?

I've seen your arguments and they are nonsense. Why is it exactly that Americans need to be subject to "harder, longer, and for less pay work"???? Is this what you like in the society, that it bleeds you dry? I guess your Utopia is based on actual slavery. Enough said.

Maybe try reading the entire thread to get the context of replies instead of just jumping into the middle of a conversation.

Americans have a choice...they can either try to compete with "illegals" right now...and to do that they have to work harder, longer, and for less pay.

OR

Americans can make the smart choice and push for policies that harshly punish American employers that hire "illegals" while also making it easier for people to come into this country legally. Then they have their level playing field they want so badly...and they can compete for the job.

May the best man win

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Do you think you are scaring us by using that word over and and over rather than calling us Racists like you usually do?

Again with the racism...and yet you guys are the only ones talking about it.

Is it that central to your thoughts that even when no one else is talking about it that you still think you are being accused of it???

They are ILLEGAL they are COMMITTING CRIMES.

What crimes are they committing???

I'd love to hear about them.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You do realize you can call someone a racist without actually saying the word right?

Then show me where I did this.

I think it is more likely that those that keep bringing up race are doing so because they are letting their true feelings sneak out in their posts.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Crossing into the country Illegally. - Federal Crime.

There.

link   

Do you think you are scaring us by using that word over and and over rather than calling us Racists like you usually do?

Again with the racism...and yet you guys are the only ones talking about it.

Is it that central to your thoughts that even when no one else is talking about it that you still think you are being accused of it???

They are ILLEGAL they are COMMITTING CRIMES.

What crimes are they committing???

I'd love to hear about them.

So now your saying the Illegal aliens are not committing a crime by hopping the border? Are you now trying to say there is no such thing as an "Illegal" alien? It is not a crime to jump across the border?

I am no longer going to read nor reply to this thread. This is getting old having to say the same thing over and over and over again to you. You are having too much fun talking in circles.
edit on 20-6-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

link   

why do you so lightly bypass the most aggressive choice we have ??
we can eliminate the problem, it is a human right, Constitutionally supported and always readily available.
personally, since 86, i believe we've been far too accomodating, much too patient and quite frankly an outright embarassment to all the fore-fathers who came before us.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Do you think that just because they are legal means they wont still work under the table? And wont still send money back to their home countries? Do you actually believe the stuff you are saying? Making them legal gets votes, nothing more. No one is scared of competition and until you can somehow prove that stop saying it. You have said it 50 times and 50 people have said your wrong.

From the anger that people are directing at me...I'd say I've hit on some truth. People rarely get angry because of statements that don't hold any truth...but they do get angry when someone hits a little too close to home.

And yes...I think if they are given the option to work here legally...meaning they are entitled to a fair wage...that they wouldn't work for less under the table. American citizens have the option to work for less under the table right now...why aren't they doing it?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

OMG .. say that again! Say it really loud and in bold so when I throw it in your face
it will be all the sweeter. You ASSUME I don't want people coming here legally?

I don't assume it...I know it...you say so in your very next post...here...I'll quote it.

You mean you want to throw wide open the gates and to all and let everyone come here even though our society and infrastructure can't deal with a massive influx of people? Hell no.

See...you really don't want people coming here legally.

OMG .. you are STILL AT IT???
There is a huge difference in not wanting anyone coming here and not wanting TOO MANY people to come here because of basic economics. My god ... if you can't tell the difference then I feel VERY sorry for you. :shk: Your 'discussion' has entered the twilight zone

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join