It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by Grambler

Public property means that is to be used by the collective of the legal citizens of that country. In a way its like private property that every legal citizen in the US has the right to use. Why shouldn't the US government have the same right to have property that they own as you do?

Good premise but it doesn't work that way in practice. The US govt does own property and they may CALL them public lands, but the public has to PAY for a PERMIT to use that property and only in a way prescribed by the real owners. That isn't the public and it isn't a right.

Oh and that so called "Public" in the event they get lucky and do cross in a spot where they are on public land is controlled by the United States Corps of Engineers. That makes it property of the united states of America, not international soil or just free for all land. It still has regulations on it such as hunting and fishing regulations and if I remember correctly it has usage regulations which I doubt include squatting by illegal immigrants. Just a thought.

I know, we're so darned lucky because its all ours. So if an illegal gets caught trespassing on "our' public land about the only thing law enforcement can do to them is deport them back to Mexico. You, on the other hand, will lose your fishing rod, your gun and your vehicle, plus face a hefty fine.

My Dad used to have a favorite saying, it went something like: "the more you've got, the more you've got to worry about". We worry too much.
edit on 20-6-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

Anyone who wants to come to America to work should be allowed to come to America to work.

An equilibrium will be met...if there are jobs, they will come...if there aren't...they won't.

I've never advocated to assist people coming here, so it doesn't make much sense to suggest I would want to actively go out and bring people here.

And yes...with the influx of immigrants...competition is going to become a lot stiffer...if Americans are as good of a workers as they claim...it should be no problem.

Unless of course they are afraid of this type of competition...and then you will see people getting angry at the thought of it and start to demonize immigrants to spread hate so other people will begin to hate them as well.

Hmmm...where have I seen that happen before???

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by FuZe7

Yeah, and we'd be paying $5 for a tomato, and $300 for an average hotel room.
Not to mention lawn service.

Oh, I guess you have doubts in whether capitalism really works (are you a secret commie?). If tomatoes do spike in price, I guarantee the production will follow. They may become more expensive than before, then I again I'll know that my dollar stays in the US and supports American families instead of being sent to the armpit known as Mexico.

Same applies to hotels -- if you think janitorial expenses dominate hotel prices, you must be delusional.

And the bespoke lawn care market -- it's so badly broken precisely because of uncontrolled use of imported labor. If you depress wages THAT much, you are bound to f**k up some sector of the economy. I tell you what, I mow my own lawn and I don't see a problem with more people doing same, instead of feeding the Horde.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

I'm sorry i had to reply after only reading the first page because i saw where this was going. Basically the OP (whom which i have never really disliked) is saying "If you are against illegal immigrants, i'm going to make up whatever reason I can to disagree with what you are saying, even if i point to something i said to someone else after you said your post".

Not really.

You see you have people claiming that they have absolutely no problem with LEGAL immigrants...they just don't like people coming here illegally.

But when you suggest to solve this problem by making it very easy to enter the country legally...so there will no longer be an "illegal" problem....they say NO WAY.

So the reason they hate immigrants is not because they are simply "illegal"...there is another reason for it.

And I'm suggesting it is because they are scared of the competition that new immigrants present. They are fine with "legal" immigrants now...because they know it is so difficult and expensive to get into the country...they don't pose much of a competition threat. But if we make it easier for people to come here legally...you are going to get a lot of people who are determined to succeed come here and work their asses off.

That is the point of the OP...and many have unknowingly showed that in fact this is true in this very thread.

Why the unemployment rate has risen from 3% average to an unofficial 15 to 25%.

Well first off...your numbers are totally wrong.

Second...are you suggesting that our current unemployment issues are due to "illegal" immigrants???

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I don't hear you complaining about Mexico's laws regarding foreigners

Mexico has a horrible and corrupt government. Which is why I have never had a desire to live there.

If you admire Mexico's government and policy so much...maybe you should move there.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

your facts are missing a few important factors
1) American patriotism
2) the 2nd amendment

if both are exercised simultaneously, the problem will cease to exist.

Right...kill innocent people, including women and children, who are trying to find a better life.

I guess you showed me...you are now an official internet tough guy...because I know you don't do anything like this in real life. But hey...you are a macho man on the internet...congrats....I guess.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
I love all the typical liberal responses in this thread.

"Racist!"

I'm convinced the people that are making these comments about people using the "race card" aren't even reading the thread.

They just see the title...and make an uneducated reply.

I'd love to see my replies where I claim racism.

In fact...if you actually go read the thread...it is only the anti-immigration folks who bring up race and racism. They are also the first ones that started directing their comments towards "Mexicans" when no single group of immigrants was defined in the OP.

It does show their true colors though...just like you are showing yours.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And I'm suggesting it is because they are scared of the competition that new immigrants present.

And why exactly shouldn't they be scared? You are speaking of "sense of entitlement" here but this is bogus, because you seem to extend to the immigrants the entitlement of being in the US illegally and taking someone else jobs. Why are they free to feel entitled to come here and I'm not entitled to keep my living standards?

You keep harping on that Americans need to work longer hours for less pay, otherwise you call them lazy @sses. This is idiocy. This is not progress, that's a way to slavery.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

you're correct, it's not their job, it's their duty as American citizens.

Um...no.

It's there job to treat patients.

It's not the job of any American citizen to check on another persons legal status...you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

But tell me...how would you, as an American citizen, check if someone was "legal" or not???

as for the 14th, it should be amended so citizenship is granted to persons born of 2 US citizens only. all others are "resident aliens" until naturalized of their own choosing.

Never going to happen.

So learn to accept it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It's amazing to me that people won't place the blame on the American citizens who are hiring the "illegals".

But if they did that...they couldn't demonize the immigrants and spread the hate that they want to.
actually, plenty of posters have indicated their desire to punish the employers but that doesn't take away from the absolute fact that remains ... if there were no illegal immigrants to hire, the employers wouldn't be tempted.

and since the last anmesty was 26 yrs ago, how come 6+ times the original bunch (3 million to 20 million) didn't learn their lesson the first time ??

why should legal citizens (immigrants included) endure the depletion of everything from economics to benefits to opportunities while the illegal immigrants continue on their path of destruction ??

if these illegal immigrants had or have the best interests of the country/nation in mind, why do they continue to push for their illegal acts to be non-punished, accepted and/or waived ???
oh yeah, it'd be that me, me, me mentality, huh ??

your assumption that those greedy/selfish Americans have no right to refuse your desires, circles right back to your own greed driving the "i gotta take care of mine at any cost" mentality ... me, me, me, me, it's all about me ... that's your whole dang argument.
sad but true.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'd love to see my replies where I claim racism.

I'd love to see where I mentioned your name.

Psychological projection?
edit on 6-20-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

most americans on welfare are white.

By the numbers. But thats playing statistics games so that's neither here nor there.

well duh, that might have something to do with the fact that most Americans are also white or a mixture of such, including the POTUS.

10% of 100 people is always more than 10% of 10 people.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

since you asked, why doesn't this (from Bre's story) fit in with the context of this thread ??

Well..because the story is 100% false...but I see you didn't take the time to check into that.

legal or illegal status of the others wasn't mentioned.
it appears the majority of the bunch in her story lived the entitled life rather a determined one ... unless you count the determination to be entitled, that could work because they weren't.

point is, the story, yet again, exemplifies how seriously wrong the opinion of the OP truly is.
even if all of the other residents were legal citizens, those who were illegal were not as "productive" as the OP would like everyone to think.

The point to her story was to try to demonize immigrants.

The fact that it is a 100% false chain email just proves how ignorant you are and that you will believe just about anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

So a guy risking his life to hold up a gas station or rob a bank or that does anything illegal for the intent of providing for their family deserves praise? Please..

As long as they are not endangering others...yes...they deserve praise.

Of course you jump to ridiculous examples though.

Tell me...would you steal perfectly good, sealed food, from a dumpster of a restaurant if your child was starving and there was nothing else you could feed them with???

Do you know that is illegal to do?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I can't agree with this point, rather I would say many Americans have at least subliminally figured out that working hard for money that constantly loses value is counterproductive. Most still do work when they can find it because there is no option, but their hearts aren't in it anymore.

That sounds like an excuse.

Americans are lazy because money loses value???

Nice try.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Your Saul Alinsky tactic of defining those that are here ILLEGALLY as just Immigrants is very very ignorant, and transparent at best.

No where has anyone stated that they are against Immigrants. The issue is those people that come here ILLEGALLY. Plain and simple.

I don't expect anything less from you, but will call you out on your BS every time I see it.
Your actions basically slap the face of Immigrants that Chose to come here LEGALLY.
You comparing the two shows your biased for the Admin, and is a disgusting insult.

But almost everyone in this thread that claims they are fine with "legal" immigrants also say the absolutely don't support making it easier for people to come here legally.

Your fear of immigrants is so evident that it isn't even funny. You are hateful and down right ugly with your attitude towards hard working people. I honestly do believe they scare the hell out of you.

Admit it...deep down you know you don't stand a chance against an immigrant worker...their drive and determination comes from a place that you don't and can't even understand.

But, you shouldn't project your own flaws on others and turn that into hate and demonization of honest hard working people...you should try to fix your own charater flaws and let go of your hate.

I think you would be a happier person if you just gave it a try.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

you are now an official internet tough guy...because I know you don't do anything like this in real life

then i'd suppose you don't know much about me at all.
the last home invader i shot wasn't an illegal so what does that tell ya ??
i'm not an internet tough chic, i'm an American tough chic, get it right will ya ??

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ENOUGH!!

Much as I hate to interupt this love fest...

There is far too much personal crap going on in this thread. It will stop right now, or sterner means will be used to stop it.

Your choice, people.

Knock it off, or we will.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So a guy risking his life to hold up a gas station or rob a bank or that does anything illegal for the intent of providing for their family deserves praise? Please..

As long as they are not endangering others...yes...they deserve praise.

Of course you jump to ridiculous examples though.

Tell me...would you steal perfectly good, sealed food, from a dumpster of a restaurant if your child was starving and there was nothing else you could feed them with???

Do you know that is illegal to do?

First off.. Quit removing your quote some people reading can put this in context or does that suite your needs?

And second that is totally different. Yes I would obviously do that as would anyone else on earth. But would I illegally jump the border into a neighboring country knowing that it is illegal and that I could be thrown in jail? No. I absolutely would not do that. I would use that determination and work ethic as you keep pointing out that they have to figure out how to get by in my own country.

And for those who didn't see the post he is quoting he said that Anyone committing a crime to help put feed their family should be praised. So we should free half the people in jail that embezzled money or held up someone at gunpoint? As long as the profited and bought some food with it? The ones who didn't feed their family that day we should leave behind bars? And do you realize that MANY of those crossing the border are not doing it to feed their families but are doing so to start families here? Do they still get praise for that because that is no different than someone here committing fraud against the government to get more social security or welfare. But I will say it again. QUOTE QUOTING ME AND NOT INCLUDING WHAT I WAS REPLYING TO.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You are absolutely delusional. Do you even read the replies to your pots? Go back and read the replies. You are stating nearly word for word what have have said over and over and people have replied to over and over. Great you found someone who agrees with you finally. You guys go find a construction site and see if they will give you a job and then show us how its done please. Because the way I see it is that your not different than the rest of us. I dont see you out working for $4 p/hr somewhere busting your ass. Your on here posting. I would venture a guess that unless you live in your moms basement which is highly likely, you make more than that and would not work for that. I suspect your goal here is to see how long you can keep this argument going and that is why until this last post I have skipped right over your posts for about the last 10 pages or more. Its not worth my time to read your insanity any longer. I will just read the well thought out and factually backed up replies. They are much more informative.

Yes, if you haven't noticed...I'm replying to each and every reply.

I'm not a construction worker...but I do believe I could find a job...I have a lot of friends who are. But, I don't like working for others...so I would most likely just go buy a really crappy house and fix it up myself (you know...construction work) and then sell it for profit. Sure, I won't make much with the market being how it is...but I would make some.

Work is out there if people truly want to work...they just aren't going to get that big salary for doing nothing...and I really think that is what most people expect.

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join