It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyBatty
reply to post by GmoS719

Is that the best you can say about the situation? Most of my friends are immigrants. As far as I know, all of them are legal and all of them are definitely angry. I am seeking an intelligent discussion I clearly will not find here.

I worked at a processing plant back during the last Amnesty.

Everyone there had the correct paperwork. In reality - - 90% were illegal.

I assure you - - - you can not know they are legal. Being angry could be a cover up - - - - similar to how many anti-gay politicians are hiding deep in the closet.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

the illegals risked their lives and the lives of their children, which in no way measures up to people that stood in a line.

why would someone risk their life or the lives of their children if they could stand in line?

edit to clarify - I was being sarcastic

I know sometimes it's hard to tell :-)

I wonder how many people in this country have ever been in such dire straits that they would take such a risk - just to escape what they're running from - or to get where they're going

desperate times call for desperate measures
edit on 6/15/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Most of my friends are from neighboring countries to mine, and no none of them are illegal. Do we know OF illegals? Sure. I also said as far as I know they are all legal...maybe some aren't. How does this change the fact that you're asking one set of people to adhere to one set of rules and others to adhere to different ones?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Fascinating to me that you have here on this board a legal immigrant who fought like hell to stay in this country legally. This caused my family hardship and me much personal distress, for example my grandmother who lived with me my whole life had to move back to our home country before her death and I wasn't allowed to travel to visit her due to my visa status. Yet instead of getting off your political horse you make these comments?

I don't think you have idea what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by GmoS719

Is that the best you can say about the situation? Most of my friends are immigrants. As far as I know, all of them are legal and all of them are definitely angry. I am seeking an intelligent discussion I clearly will not find here.

I worked at a processing plant back during the last Amnesty.

Everyone there had the correct paperwork. In reality - - 90% were illegal.

I assure you - - - you can not know they are legal. Being angry could be a cover up - - - - similar to how many anti-gay politicians are hiding deep in the closet.

Maybe so. Could you address what you say to people who have done the right thing, stayed legal, worked hard only to bypass all this for other immigrants?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by milkyway12

This is the action of a dictator or a king. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad couldn't even do this in Iran by himself. I would suppose that Kim Jong il could. Is this the beginning of the end? Does Obama, the constitutional scholar forget about why we have a congress?

Where in the constitution does it talk about illegal immigrants?

Also i'm sorry, but Kim Jong il focused on keeping his people in, I fail to see what him and Iran have to do with immigration policy. I don't see what's so horrible about giving people who were raised here (so no, they often didn't choose to come all the way over here themselves, they were taken over by parents etc) a chance to live here. This isn't going to encourage mass migration, it's just saying people can stay in the country they were raised in, rather than having a situation where you can be deported to a country you haven't lived in since you were a baby (can you imagine being sent to a strange country you may not even know the language and customs of and told it was your home?).

Also everyone saying this increases his voter base, in what way? he isn't giving them immediate citizenship and registration for the next election, thus how could they vote for him?

Also on American jobs, by legalising immigrants, you probably help more Americans get jobs, as companies can no longer hire them illegally at reduced wages (which cuts Americans out of the picture).

One final point, there isn't really a line to get into the USA, I mean, for gods sake, you have a lottery to get in! I've known people to try dozens of times and never get it.

My post didn't speak what-so-ever to the value of the proposed action by Obama, I spoke to the unilateral action of the President who is acting beyond his authority. The Founders of this nation organized a system of laws. The President cannot "choose" which ones he likes. Obama wants to be a dictator like Kim.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
maybe they shouldn't vote for him then. its a travesty that people be insulted.

they stood in a line for goodness sakes. that makes all the difference in the world.

the illegals risked their lives and the lives of their children, which in no way measures up to people that stood in a line.

Now you're just making things up.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Fascinating to me that you have here on this board a legal immigrant who fought like hell to stay in this country legally. This caused my family hardship and me much personal distress, for example my grandmother who lived with me my whole life had to move back to our home country before her death and I wasn't allowed to travel to visit her due to my visa status. Yet instead of getting off your political horse you make these comments?

I don't think you have idea what you're talking about.

You mean human comments? Like not deporting someone who has known no other country since they were a young child?

I'm 65 - - - I've known many people and heard many stories. I went to school with a girl from East Berlin - - that had to run across a mine field while being shot at. I had a friend from Poland - - who was able to escape during a vacation (the government did not allow parents to take children on these vacations). It took them 9 years to get their daughter to America.

Next.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

These are not people who can just wait - they are children who grew up here, have been educated and can help support this country, and are about to be deported to a country that is foreign to them. I am sorry for those who came before and suffered, but that is no excuse to decide to continue to be unjust to children in this situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyBatty

Maybe so. Could you address what you say to people who have done the right thing, stayed legal, worked hard only to bypass all this for other immigrants?

I would say - congratulations on your citizenship - how fortunate you must feel

hopefully you'll understand that this other situation is different from yours and this is the only home these kids (or now young adults) have ever known - and that it would be cruel and wrong to now force them to leave

We're better people than that

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
For the record, 90% of my family are naturalized citizens. And they are American patriots, maybe because many of the older folk lived through WWII, know what it's like to live under a dictatorship, and were ecstatic the USA helped win the war. And no, they are not happy with people who came from the same countries that didn't go through the process, they sent them back to try again.

And it IS an amnesty program, since they're not arresting them and deporting them for breaking the law.

Doesn't it tick you off when someone cuts in front of you in line? Especially when you and everyone else in line has been well behaved for such a long long time?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

What was my situation? How do you know?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You don't know my situation either and you're not answering my question. "Next"? Surely you should know better in all your years, than to answer so transparently.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line" Holy Sensationalist title OP. I hope you're an immigrant that waited inline in order to make that statement...If not, then you're one of those people that get insulted on other peoples behalf.

I don't agree with most things Obama does, but I REALLY don't agree with people that feel the need to add "extra" to everything he does. The article speaks for itself, when you put a title like that on your thread you lose all objectivity.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

All of my grandparents were immigrants

They came here for a reason - they were leaving their homes - for a reason

One of my grandparents left a country and a situation that left him without any family. He arrived here when he was 18 - an orphan

How small and petty of you to begrudge anyone a chance at a better life just because you went through proper channels

You weren't waiting in line to buy tickets for a concert you know

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Right. And all I did was wait in line while painting my nails. How dare you, sir.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Big [snip] surprise here. Obama allows illegals to become citizens so they can vote for him and his party...because he allowed them to become citizens. How different is this than declaring every person in prison amnesty, just for the hell of it, and have them set free to vote for the person releasing them??? And before you say that "they didn't break the law"...they are (or were) here illegally.

This country has gone to [snip]! And Obama has officially kicked the corpse and desecrated the body. 2012...ANYONE BUT OBAMA!
edit on 15/6/12 by masqua because: Edited out censor circumvention

Again, you clearly don't understand what this law does.

No one is granted immediate citizenship. Please just read the dam thing before you get all red in the face and hate everyone for no reason.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
BTW - - my daughter and her foreign born husband went through the proper channels.

My friend and his wife from China he met on the Net - - - went through the proper channels.

They are adults making decisions for themselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I think you should probably quit whining about it and recognize that life isn't the same for everyone

you got yours - and now you want to start throwing your weight around and smacking everyone else

your situation isn't special - there is plenty of pain to go around

why don't you look around

and - that's Ms to you

mind your manners

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Throwing my weight? What the devil are you talking about, MADAM? Someday you will face a similar situation as mine and we'll see how you "mind your manners".

It speaks volumes to me that you resort to personal attacks.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join