It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Big [snip] surprise here. Obama allows illegals to become citizens so they can vote for him and his party...because he allowed them to become citizens. How different is this than declaring every person in prison amnesty, just for the hell of it, and have them set free to vote for the person releasing them??? And before you say that "they didn't break the law"...they are (or were) here illegally.

This country has gone to [snip]! And Obama has officially kicked the corpse and desecrated the body. 2012...ANYONE BUT OBAMA!
edit on 15/6/12 by masqua because: Edited out censor circumvention

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Why don't we ask a legal immigrant if they are insulted by this? I bet they are happy for their family members who are here illegally! Everyone is so quick to say, this is insulting to blah blah blah. You don't know.
edit on 15-6-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

Good idea! Hey, projectvxn, what do you and your family think of this? What? You say you're too busy in the U.S. military fighting for a fool's freedom to answer a foolish question right now? Sorry to bother you...carry on!

How's that foot taste, genius?

/TOA

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Putting aside the fact that this only effects innocent children who were brought here through no fault of their own, it is my sincerest hope that you are showed the same compassion in your life that you show others ... i.e. none.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
To seeker1963, thank you my friend. It was no picnic but this is an amazing country and it was worth the effort!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hopefully the next Republican president will appeal this BS. There is a reason we have borders and selective allow people into the country to our best possible means. To watch the population , crime , and economic ups and downs it can cause.

In my honest oppinion , even children should not be allowed Amnesty. EVERYONE must be legally inside the United States in my opinion. If you arent , we should send you back where you come from with a fine.

Will they be able to pay the fine? Nope. But it pretty much ruins their future in the United States if they try to get in Legally. So they screw themselves , and will hopefully start making them think ahead.
edit on 15-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

This is the action of a dictator or a king. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad couldn't even do this in Iran by himself. I would suppose that Kim Jong il could. Is this the beginning of the end? Does Obama, the constitutional scholar forget about why we have a congress?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Um The last Republican president allowed immigrant workers into the country at a accelerated rate.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Why don't we ask a legal immigrant if they are insulted by this? I bet they are happy for their family members who are here illegally! Everyone is so quick to say, this is insulting to blah blah blah. You don't know.

Good idea! Hey, projectvxn, what do you and your family think of this? What? You say you're too busy in the U.S. military fighting for a fool's freedom to answer a foolish question right now? Sorry to bother you...carry on!

/TOA

You are right, lets NOT ask immigrants what they think and just claim that they are insulted.
That makes a lot more since.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

/TOA

You are right, lets NOT ask immigrants what they think and just claim that they are insulted.

I'm a legal immigrant, I posted a couple of pages back that this is insulting and frustrating. None of my family members are illegal and even if they were, I wouldn't be happy Obama has done this.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

This is the action of a dictator or a king. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad couldn't even do this in Iran by himself. I would suppose that Kim Jong il could. Is this the beginning of the end? Does Obama, the constitutional scholar forget about why we have a congress?

Where in the constitution does it talk about illegal immigrants?

Also i'm sorry, but Kim Jong il focused on keeping his people in, I fail to see what him and Iran have to do with immigration policy. I don't see what's so horrible about giving people who were raised here (so no, they often didn't choose to come all the way over here themselves, they were taken over by parents etc) a chance to live here. This isn't going to encourage mass migration, it's just saying people can stay in the country they were raised in, rather than having a situation where you can be deported to a country you haven't lived in since you were a baby (can you imagine being sent to a strange country you may not even know the language and customs of and told it was your home?).

Also everyone saying this increases his voter base, in what way? he isn't giving them immediate citizenship and registration for the next election, thus how could they vote for him?

Also on American jobs, by legalising immigrants, you probably help more Americans get jobs, as companies can no longer hire them illegally at reduced wages (which cuts Americans out of the picture).

One final point, there isn't really a line to get into the USA, I mean, for gods sake, you have a lottery to get in! I've known people to try dozens of times and never get it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyBatty

/TOA

I'm a legal immigrant, I posted a couple of pages back that this is insulting and frustrating. None of my family members are illegal and even if they were, I wouldn't be happy Obama has done this.

One immigrant is hardly "all immigrants".

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
They have to have entered this country when they were 16 or younger, been here 5 years...been in college and/or the military and not been in trouble with the law....those are some of the stipulations for this new change.

Not every young immigrant is going to get it....but for those young immigrants who have proved themselves...I am glad they are getting a break in life.

Right!

Isn't this about minors who were brought here by their parents or other adult - - - and had no say in the matter?

Kids that basically grew up as Americans - - - because adults put them in that position?

Yeah - - - let's blame and punish kids that had no say in the matter.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
maybe they shouldn't vote for him then. its a travesty that people be insulted.

they stood in a line for goodness sakes. that makes all the difference in the world.

the illegals risked their lives and the lives of their children, which in no way measures up to people that stood in a line.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Oh course you'd still feel this way - - if adults brought you here as a kid - - and you grew up here as an American.

Then when you're an adult - - you get deported back to a country you never knew and may not even know the language - customs - or anything else about that country.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Is that the best you can say about the situation? Most of my friends are immigrants. As far as I know, all of them are legal and all of them are definitely angry. I am seeking an intelligent discussion I clearly will not find here.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Oh course you'd still feel this way - - if adults brought you here as a kid - - and you grew up here as an American.

Then when you're an adult - - you get deported back to a country you never knew and may not even know the language - customs - or anything else about that country.

During a mess-up by our immigration attorney, that almost happened to me. It would've sucked but I would've gone back to my country of origin until it was corrected.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince

Where in the constitution does it talk about illegal immigrants?

The Constitution does not raise the subject of illegal immigration, but it does raise the subject of immigration.

Article I Section 8 states:

Section. 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

Article I Section 9 states:

Section. 9. The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

Too bad that ten dollars for each person is no longer in effect

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyBatty

do you find it unusual that while most of your friends are immigrants that not one of them is or knows an illegal?

i've spent a great part of my life around people that were from somewhere else...while the ones I knew personally, I assume were legal, but I know that some of the people that they knew were not.

it would be uncomfortable for me to witness a situation where a legal lets say Bangladeshi got all belligerent to me about an illegal Bangladeshi that was a personal acquaintance of theirs.

from my experience, every immigrant knows an illegal either directly or indirectly from the same place they came from and they don't get all pissed off about their situation.

what kind of people do you hang out with...if its not too much to ask.

edit on 15-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
Obama has made an offensive and insulting decision to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants. What of us legal immigrants and children of legal immigrants who had to wait in line, follow the rules, and jump through all the legal hurdles to get here?

Why bother following the rules? Are rules now something to ignore? What about the rest of the laws, should we all ignore the remaining laws?

www.cnn.com...

Obama administration to stop deporting some young illegal immigrants

What a disgusting and offensive administration. Obama seriously SUCKS as a president and SUCKS as a leader.

I disagree but I am sure that doesn't matter in this case. I think this is a great question for all you legal immigrants and children of legal immigrants to answer. Should Obama get his way? Should illegal immigrants be granted amnesty? Good question.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

During a mess-up by our immigration attorney, that almost happened to me. It would've sucked but I would've gone back to my country of origin until it was corrected.

I've experienced many circumstances I thought I knew what I would do - - - until it actually happened. What I actually did rarely matched what I thought I would.

If you had been 5 years old when your parents came illegally - - - and have known nothing but being American.

You're still convinced you wouldn't fight deportation - - - due to "Sins of the Father"?

I have doubts.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join