It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Walmart know something we don't?....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Sek82
2012 hype or not, depending on the quality/quantity in those that actually looks like a good deal. Out of range of most Walmart shoppers, however.

yes 63$ is still expensive
maybe one day they will reduce the price to 20$
will then by 3

They'll all be on sale for 15 bucks a pop on December 22nd!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

I am going after the water on sale. Anyway, Walmart has caused many local business to shut down, that is the only place I have to shop. We can all survive on Peanut Butter and Water if that is all we can afford. I always spend to much money when I go into that store. I went last night for cookies and milk. and spent 80.00. I did not notice any Emergency Food Supply in my local store yet. I think its better to make up youre own supply.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

Last night, water supply low in Shelby, NC. I bought another 32 bottles for like 3.89. I should have bought more!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isabelx
Seriously? This is hardly worth nearly $70..

The meals included:

cheesy broccoli with rice (18 servings), vegetable stew blend (24 servings), creamy potato soup (18 servings), maple brown sugar oatmeal (20 servings), instant white rice (27 servings), vegetarian meet substitute beef (flavored) (18 servings), hearty vegetable chicken soup (18 servings), Morning Moo's low fat milk alternative (60 servings)

Soup, rice, powdered milk and oatmeal?
And of course, "meet" substitute

I could buy more than that with $50... and MUCH better quality.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing, if you watch the sale flyers you can buy a lot of real food for that money. For example, "white rice (27 servings)", I just bought a 25lb bag of rice for about $10 that will make about 220 servings.

I've never really understood buying this rather unappealing type food when you can just add a little to what you normally eat. Most of these containers will likely go uneaten which is a shameful waste of food. On the other hand, buying what you normally eat, with a little extra emphasis on longer shelf life items makes good economic sense as well as leaving you a cushion that won't go to waste. Inflation alone is enough reason to stock up a bit extra.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
have i shopped at wal-mart? yes, but only for major brands. poor ignorant people will buy this crap. i don't buy anything there, that is made in china or any other off-brand foreign-made merchandise. the american people simply don't know what is actually used in these products. with wal-marts massive corporate influence in the marketplace and their insistance on low-cost providers for me spells trouble.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
So, I walked into the local Wally-mart today and saw this....

....it has a shelf life of 25 years, LOL
edit on 6/13/2012 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

walmart sells to trends. not all stores carry products.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

We can all survive on Peanut Butter and Water if that is all we can afford. I always spend to much money when I go into that store.

Last year the peanut butter I buy cost $6.79. This year it cost $12.76. I think it is a good idea to stock up on any non perishables just for the fact that it will come in handy when the purse strings get tighter as time goes on. I don't see the world coming to an end, but I do see the trend of prices going higher and at a faster pace than we are used too.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
have i shopped at wal-mart? yes, but only for major brands. poor ignorant people will buy this crap. i don't buy anything there, that is made in china or any other off-brand foreign-made merchandise. the american people simply don't know what is actually used in these products. with wal-marts massive corporate influence in the marketplace and their insistance on low-cost providers for me spells trouble.

Agree. If for some reason China stopped shipping anything to Wally World overnight. Wally World would be closing some of it's door within a month....

The Wally World door greeters should be saying "Welcome to cheap China shopping" when you walk in the door

Des

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Oh how wonderful they give you a bucket to puke in afterwards. With Walmart it is a buyer beware outlet. They are full of inferior products, cheap knock offs. Things made out of recycled garbage from China when you open it up it smells toxic like motor oil.

I once bought a DVR name brand Cyber Home that cost me 80 bucks. It played dvd's, it burned but 2 dvds. After I found out it was garbage and wouldn't burn dvd's it was to late to return it to Walmart for a refund. I searched around to try to maybe find support or firmware or something to fix it from the manufacturer. After some research on the internet and (making a Long story short) Cyber Home was raided by the FBI in California and shutdown for stealing technology from Philips company. So if you shop there buyer beware check the products out thorough and anything that is to expensive be sure to get a warranty.

Not having anything to do with Walmart, but A big store chain similar to Walmart tried to get away with saying their return policy is 15 days. I told them what they are doing is against the law. After a nice argument the manager still refused. The day after I showed him a print out of the state law statues on 'sales of products' are 30 days. I told him that state laws override any store policy. I said, so what do I got to do sue you to get a refund or an exchange? Needless to say I got a refund.
edit on 14-6-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If there is an emergency eating those will probably kill you first...all according to plan! >

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

I went last night for cookies and milk. and spent 80.00.

And that's it. Right there. What other store do you know of where people do that? Say what you will about the company, but the people at the top know what they're doing. This is called marketing to demographics and they've got it down to an art form. They know what people want, what they can pay, what pleases their eye when they walk into a store and, to a certain extent, what goes through their minds while they're walking through the the store. You know all those security cameras that retail stores have have? Catching shoplifters isn't the only reason they have them. I know exactly how any retail store should be set up to get the most money out of a customer, but I sure aint gonna say it here.

I also know that you're not going to find those buckets in every store across the nation because the consumer trends aren't going to be the same. People in Idaho are going to have different wants and needs than people in Florida, and getting that information is very easy.

All they're doing is capitalizing on a trend and, if you were them, you'd be doing the exact same thing. They wouldn't be selling it if consumers wouldn't be buying it and you can't blame Wal-Mart, or any other retailer, for that.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
if you really wanna know if and when wal-mart knows something.. just look and see if twinkies are on sale and how quickly they have to restock them.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here is the company that makes the pack.....it does not appear to be a Wal Mart brand....

www.augasonfarms.com...#

Here is there phone number 1-800-878-0099

been in business 40 years (1972). Started primarily as a dried dairy/milk company. Also heavy into Gluten Free stuff, in addition to "prepardness" items Several variaties of food packs besides the one at wal mart.

I am sure for shelf life there are alot of preservatives, but looking at some of the products I dont' think this is part of the "TPTB at Wal Mart want you to have this for population control", plot.

Someone probably ought to just buy one and try it...do some ":tests":. Money' is a little tight right now, I might pick up one or two myself, but probably would keep them for an "actual emergency".

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Wal-mart is doomsday prepping.

Or deciding to take advantage of all the jackwagons who buy into that Mayan bullsh*t.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Seven Almond nuts per day, contain enough protien to survive well on.......
buy a sack of almonds and eat grass for yer veges......

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You can do better on Ebay...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

WalMart also tell the manufacurer what the price will be.... maybe that is why WalMart gets a better price/profit? and don't forget the economies of scale at work either....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yes, WalMArt knows that it can sell things to stupid people at a good profit.

Item Description

The Augason Farms 12-Day Emergency Pail features 203 servings of delicious easy-to-prepare food for one person packed in a ?grab & go? pail with a 25-year shelf life. Sealed in the pail, these delicious food items are easy to prepare--just add water and cook. The entire pail weighs just less than 14 pounds and is easy to transport if necessary. The included meal planning guide offers a wide range of appetizing combinations, making it easy to mix and match meals. It ensures that you get over 2,000 calories per day. Augason Farms 12-Day Emergency Pail:

Eight food varieties in pouches sealed with oxygen absorbers or nitrogen flushed 25-year shelf life sealed; pouch life up to 1 year after opening Provides 2,063 calories per day for 12 days No hydrogenated oils, trans fats, or added MSG Includes: cheesy broccoli with rice (18 servings), vegetable stew blend (24 servings), creamy potato soup (18 servings), maple brown sugar oatmeal (20 servings), instant white rice (27 servings), vegetarian meet substitute beef (flavored) (18 servings), hearty vegetable chicken soup (18 servings), Morning Moo's low fat milk alternative (60 servings)

www.walmart.com...

edit on 14-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Figures they would put oatmeal in there.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Has anybody bought a bucket of whatever type of emergency food that is? I just want to know the ingredients..

Not a bad idea and couldn't hurt to have a couple of those. Natural disasters do strike once in a while. Especially where I live.

edit on 14-6-2012 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join