It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Walmart know something we don't?....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That is sort of creepy of Walmart, especially considering the costs, wow, by Dec 20 they will be $666.60.

Here is the product I put in my pantry:

The container is small, no bigger than a box of Baking Soda, 12 servings or 180 tabs. I put three months supply on the shelf, I figure that is all I need between zombie bar-b-ques!

Here is the product page on this, but I got mine through LPC Survival and I only spent about $100 for the three months supply. However, it does not mean I did not stock up on oatmeal, rice, beans, and other goodies, so if the shtf, come on over, I will feed you! Food Reserves, Concordia MO, USA
edit on 6/14/2012 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wouldn't you be better off just buying a couple cases of Top Ramen, some tuna, peanut butter, and pop-tarts(for dessert)? Probably cost less and the shelf life on all those things is in years. If we're just worried about the end of the year 2012 then that should suffice. If the world goes ker-putt then we'll be too busy fighting zombies and what-not to be able to carry around a bucket of food.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Seems like they be at this for a while now, and it hasn't gone unnoticed.

www.youtube.com...

LOL! buckets of beans = blazing saddles.

edit on 14-6-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with having a weeks worth of supplies on hand. End of the World stuff whats the point. when your supplies are gone whats left?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So i did a little research and the company that manufactures that survival food and many other products name is Augason Farms,phone# 1-800-878-0099.
Gave them a little call nice lady answered the phone so i asked if they contract out to farmers overseas and she confirmed that they do,i also asked if she new exactly what regions of the world those overseas farmers were from she claimed to have no idea and i believed her for the most part.

But again ware are those over seas farms from China, Japan, India who knows and did fallout from Fukushima fall on those farms before harvesting time ?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
It's probably full of food China bought cheap from us, repacked, shipped back, and is selling for a high profit....

Figures...huh.

Des

I remember just before the Olympics in China NBC or CBC or ABC had a story on questionable food that can be purchsed from vendors in China that tourists should stay away from.

They filmed some guy cooking up filling for Dim Sum. It consisted of cardboard, with some added powdered favoring, simmered for hours to blend the ingredients and make a lovely mushy filling....

SO.... unless companies in the US sell crap like that to China who then shapes it into tasty bars and puts it into huge tubs intended for export to the US, it's more likely some guy in his backyard in China cooking up cardboard and shaping it into "edible bars"..... 😳 👎Yummmmmmmmm👎
edit on 14-6-2012 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'd like to know what exactly do they have in those containers.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, they used to sell it at their larger wholesale store (Sam's Club). I imagine they just trickled it down into their regular store.

I saw quite a stock of it several years ago at Sam's.. perhaps they bought too much of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
or are they just taking advantage of people buying into the hype? have you thought about that?

have any of you thought about the money that has been gained by the fear mongering associated with the forthcoming 'imminent doom' in 2012? hollywood has made a lot of money off of you. a lot of authors have made a lot of money off of you. a lot of survival/outdoor companies have made a lot of money off of you. a lot of insurance companies have made a lot of money off of you. and now wal-mart is about to make a bunch of money off of you.

smart move wal-mart
edit on 14/6/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

of course walmart knows something you don't. monopolize. bankrupt your own company. make people take eachother out for what's left in the half-stocked shelves. f**k it all up by using the sleeping masses.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Like many have stated, they're responding to a trend. Personally, I think it's a response to the Zombie Apocalypse mania spreading from stories like that Miami face-eater...

However, seems a pretty high price point for the amount of food.

If you look at the contents its all carbs. Where's the MOST IMPORTANT nutrient, protein? I guess the Mac and cheese is it. Your body will cannibalize proteins from your frame muscles to support protein requirements for vital organs which constantly are being replaced.

Nothing with protein is going to have that kind of shelf-like. But grains, pasta, beans, etc. there you go. However, you'd be much better off going to Home Depot and getting a few super pails with screw on lids, and filling them with rice, pasta, or beans you get from Sam's Club. A whole lot more food, for the same money (and, you can rotate through it, to keep your stocks relatively fresh). If you're really going for it, get some mylar bags to keep it even better.

For those wanting to know what's in it:

The Augason Farms 12-Day Emergency Pail features 203 servings of delicious easy-to-prepare food for one person packed in a ?grab & go? pail with a 25-year shelf life. Sealed in the pail, these delicious food items are easy to prepare--just add water and cook. The entire pail weighs just less than 14 pounds and is easy to transport if necessary. The included meal planning guide offers a wide range of appetizing combinations, making it easy to mix and match meals. It ensures that you get over 2,000 calories per day.
Augason Farms 12-Day Emergency Pail:

Eight food varieties in pouches sealed with oxygen absorbers or nitrogen flushed
25-year shelf life sealed; pouch life up to 1 year after opening
Provides 2,063 calories per day for 12 days
No hydrogenated oils, trans fats, or added MSG
Includes: cheesy broccoli with rice (18 servings), vegetable stew blend (24 servings), creamy potato soup (18 servings), maple brown sugar oatmeal (20 servings), instant white rice (27 servings), vegetarian meet substitute beef (flavored) (18 servings), hearty vegetable chicken soup (18 servings), Morning Moo's low fat milk alternative (60 servings)

From WalMart's site, item description of it.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Their just engaging in smart marketing. They are not prophetic, they sell what customers want. We start buying lots of fried frog legs, they will have an island of them. Supply follows demand.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Not doubting your post at all, but why does the price of $63.33 look like it's photo shopped on. I have a crappy monitor and am looking at a compressed version of the picture I believe but it looks fake.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

25 year shelf life? Mmmm Mmm goodness. Just like grandma used to make. Somebody has to open that thing up and try what's inside before someone find a 25 years old dead rat in there.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with having a weeks worth of supplies on hand. End of the World stuff whats the point. when your supplies are gone whats left?

It's really being marketed more as BOB food (Bug out Bag).... I can see it doing well in Hurricane markets though, as we just started Hurricane season. It's actually not a bad assortment, but nearly $70 for 12 days of food is a bit pricey. There are better and cheaper options in the Emergency Food industry.

Not doubting your post at all, but why does the price of $63.33 look like it's photo shopped on. I have a crappy monitor and am looking at a compressed version of the picture I believe but it looks fake.

The price on WalMart's website is $68.88, so this store seems to be doing an in-store reduction. (probably overflow from the local Sam's Club).
edit on 14-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
So, I walked into the local Wally-mart today and saw this....

....it has a shelf life of 25 years, LOL
edit on 6/13/2012 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

Costco sells all-natural emergency food supplies (thru web only) at a great price. I would probably have to have run out of rat-burgers and salted cockroaches before I ate what is probably gMO cornmeal sprinkled with lead from China that wal-mart is selling!

If you want emergency food supplies the easy way, just get a 25# bag of rice Nd a big thing of honey, and some multivitamins. The honey keeps forever, the rice is cheap and keeps for a long time. Anyway, I've kept emergency food supplies for years, but I use it in rotation, so its never a waste. The extremely rare possibility that I would ever need it and my food isn't going to be stolen with more firepower anyway, means I will never waste money just stashing til it goes bad.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Probably 2012 mania.

Most people have that mindset, to get ready when they know something is coming. But most of the times you dont and when you know a hurricane is going to hit or something like that, guess what, everybody is going to have roughly the same ideas.

So you should always keep an emergency stockpile like that, just in case, or just dont.

Originally posted by Screwed

YES, you will start to see Zombie survival gear (mark my words) and NO it doesn't mean that they know about the coming zombie apocalypse.
It just means they know how to meet a demand for the ignorant masses.

Are gonna?

Break out your credit cards.

www.zombiesurvivalgear.net...
edit on 14-6-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've been thinking of putting together a Nibiru Detection kit:

-3 1-inch planes of glass bolted onto the front screen of welder's mask
-autographed picture of Nancy Lieder with her 37 cats
-bath salts of unknown origin

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
These would so sell right before the next hurricane.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've never really understood buying this rather unappealing type food when you can just add a little to what you normally eat. Most of these containers will likely go uneaten which is a shameful waste of food. On the other hand, buying what you normally eat, with a little extra emphasis on longer shelf life items makes good economic sense as well as leaving you a cushion that won't go to waste. Inflation alone is enough reason to stock up a bit extra.

above is a quote

buy what is something you normally eat ...and buy real food to store

edit because the quote was not good

edit on 14-6-2012 by xsheep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join