It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Walmart know something we don't?....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Survival food and stuff really isn't that big of a deal to put together. Any canned food you buy in a store can be eaten right out of the can. Granola bars with almond nuts have a long shelf life and pack a good amount of calories needed to survive. Everyone should have a bag of rice in the pantry somewhere. Every home has 50 gallons of fresh water sitting inside a hot water tank. With a wrench you can still gravity drain one. A little ingenuity can go a long ways.

edit on 14-6-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Walmart is a terrible place that has really bad vibes and is unsustainable rathole.

Stay away from Walmart, they sell junk, the elite accrue wealth while you shop there.

Make the connection!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
crazy i was on walmarts website lookin at camping stuff and found this, i was like man didn't know walmart had big buckets of food lol

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by poppycock
Walmart is a terrible place that has really bad vibes and is unsustainable rathole.

Stay away from Walmart, they sell junk, the elite accrue wealth while you shop there.

Make the connection!

'cept ammunition.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Originally posted by poppycock

Make the connection!

'cept ammunition.

And lately their ammo prices are pretty god, along with it being stocked.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ya you can get 500 .22cal rounds of ammo for like $17, at least that is what it was 3 weeks ago. They do know how to market very well, I live about an hour from the original Walton grocery store, The first wal-mart, they just had there share holders meeting last week, and flew in all these celebs, Timberlake, Talyor swift, blah blah blah, They try really hard to put out a positve image, but It doesnt help, everyone knows wal-mart_Fall-apart Slogon. Most of the items are just pure crap, but still everyone shops there, because they have demolished the competitors or bought them out, How can a company compete against Wal-mart, who is heavily backed by China and the US. We are screwed, the day old Sam Walton went into business with Cheap labor

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

Yep. They know that people are sort of waking up to the fact that the only people you can really rely upon in an emergency are you, and your immediate circle of family and friends.

...and marketing to take advantage of it.

Hurricanes. Earthquakes. Pandemics. Maybe even a Zombie apocalypse
. Whatever the event, help is days away, if it ever comes at all...

The evil empire knows this, or at least sees that some people realize it, and are taking advantage. That's all.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It's called marketing towards paranoid people. Just like people that duct taped their houses after 9.11. It never hurts to be prepared though......

edit on 14-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Woohoo! I am soo ready for 12.21 I gots my food bucket, a couple extra pair of socks, some clean undies and my Bear Grylls™ survival knife! Bring it on apocolypse i'm ready to ruuumbllle

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Its just Walmart going after another demographic. you can walk into these box stores and buy these food stocks and not pay for shipping and not wait a week or two.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The Rush on Ammo has settled thats prob why your seeing more an cheaper

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

My grandparents have a place in the pocono mountains. I used to go there all the time with them when I was little..we have since moved away
anyway...my grandfather is a big outdoors man type..skiing, white water rafting, hiking, 4 wheeling, tracking..etc etc etc. Due to all his camping trips and all his walking and hiking trips, he always had and still has a steady supply of packaged emergency food. The one I can remember smelled like the Girl Scout samaos, and I always wanted to eat them... I remember finally the one time..he gave me a pack and told me, only a few bites, that one bar was suppose to feed one person for a week. I ate the whole thing. I was so sick that night, throwing up all over the place, I will never ever forget that. I'm not sure where he gets them, but to this day, he has a whole wood shed just stocked with them. Every week or so, he goes in, rattles the packages...if the wrapping is lose, he feeds it to the bears, if its still tight then its still good. Not really a point to my whole story, except that..the picture reminded me of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Can you blame Wal-Mart for realizing that there is a significant chunk of people out their who are paranoid enough to buy into that sort of thing? Some prepper out there probably has just about everything needed to survive a #-storm, but then they see "emergency" food... they're probably going to buy it and add it to their collection of "survival" stuff, just because it's specifically made for that purpose

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Forget the 25 years, if I bought a box of this stuff, my son would put it away in a couple of days.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Yes but does it work?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
So, I walked into the local Wally-mart today and saw this....

....it has a shelf life of 25 years, LOL
edit on 6/13/2012 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

it's probably food from fukushima.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Instead of buying Spam in a can, now you can buy it in 5 gallon bucket. Mmmmm delicious! Any bets on whether it has any preservatives added?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My father got a couple of those the last time he was at walmart as he thinks december is the end for us all. I convined him to open one so we could try it and it wasnt too bad it came with oatmeal, soup, some nasty freeze dried chicken substitute, rice, and some snacks. For $65 i wasnt impressed. My mother on the other hand gets the MRE's which taste considerably better and she gets them for free. I believe the price would be about the same.

They could be trying to capitalize on all the crazy weather, natural disasters, radiation and oil spills etc. as well. I live in New England we lost power for over a week the last time we had a major storm, having a meal that you just need to add water to heat comes in handy when you have no stove or microwave and the grill is covered in feet of snow. Plus if SHTF i know ill still be eating.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
With a 25 year shelf life, you'd be hard pressed to put something together yourself that would last that long and have the same nutritional density that these have.

In any case, they're counting on paranoid folks to buy this stuff up and it's selling. Will be glad when 2012 is over. Maybe the doomsday folks will go away.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

You might not be that far off ,why would some big corporate company that owns farms that might have been or might not have been under the fallout from Fukushima just throw out all that food?
They wouldn't,they would just ship it to so many places that eventually it would be forgotten about ware it came from, send the wheat there, the potatoes here,that to this processor,this to those manufactures excreta you get the point.
They don't want to lose billions of dollars to tainted crops ,so it wouldn't surprise me if they have been sliding those crops into other products ever so carefully so as not to get caught and to keep generating big profit off the misfortune of others ,hell they have been profiting off misfortune of others for thousands of years why stop now!

It has a shelf life of 25 years ,and maybe a half life of a thousand years!

edit on 14-6-2012 by Ghostcooler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join