It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Plans Nuclear-Powered Sub

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by neo96

Keep waiting since that is not the topic Iran and their war machine is.

Isreal via hamas and hezzbollah and The US while in Iraq

You really think in the past 100 years USA only intervened in Iraq? LMAO

False, you keep diverting the topic again.

It is very relevant to the topic because the USA is leading the charge on Iran to not develop nuclear weapons.

You say they are a warmonger, and now I am gonna keep asking you who is the actual warmonger:

How many countries has the USA attacked in the past 100 years vs Irans military interventions.

False, you keep diverting the topic again.

Who keeps bringing up the US ?

Hmmmm

Iran Plans Nuclear-Powered Sub

edit on 12-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Answer the question instead of diverting. Just because it is easy to attack a country does not mean we should.

NO…I said Iran wasn’t capable of victory, hence the reason for isolation.

What does that make the USA? A bully

It makes the US a superpower able and willing to do what it takes to preserve the US of A and anyone lucky enough to be considered our ally.

Answer the question. I will repeat it again. How many countries has the USA attacked in the past 100 years

I will answer again….as many as needed!

Just because it is not a theocracy does not mean religious influence.

Religious influence and religious RULE are two different things; though it might not fit your agenda.

Secondly money of defense contractors and corporations are the religion of the USA, it is what drives the government

That’s not my religion…I’m Christian…thanks!

LMAO, and now we go and attack my citizenship..whats next, your mamma jokes..

I was serious!

edit on 12-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Just as soon as they stop funding and supporting certain groups that attack other countries and their interests.

Indeed and:

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

NATO did Libya...

US led NATO

The US and a coalition did Iraq.

US did it in 1991 and in 2003. Without US leading the charge no one else would have done it either

The majority of Iran's neighbors don't want them to have Nukes. If Iran so much as farts wrong they'll know how General Custer felt.

Iran fears US invasion as the US has a history of attacking middle eastern countries

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Just as soon as they stop funding and supporting certain groups that attack other countries and their interests.

Indeed and:

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

NO…I said Iran wasn’t capable of victory, hence the reason for isolation.

Iran does not have a history of warmongery over the past 200 years like the USA

It makes the US a superpower able and willing to do what it takes to preserve the US of A and anyone lucky enough to be considered our ally.

It makes the USA a bully. Going and attackign small countries that have no threat to the USA does not make it a superpower

If I shot you with a tank while you only have a 9 mm does that make me a super badass superpower? No.

I will answer again….as many as needed!

What is the number, how many countries has the USA attacked in the past 100 years.

As many as needed? So you think we should just go around and kill people for no reason just because we can?

Please explain what you mean by 'as many as needed'

Religious influence and religious RULE are two different things; though it might not fit your agenda.

Very similar. Influence has a lot ot do with US politics

That’s not my religion…I’m Christian…thanks!

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the religion of the US government, and it is money from corporations and defense contractors to make more war.

I was serious!

Well provide the proof

edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 12 Jun 2012 22:33:12 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Iran fears US invasion as the US has a history of attacking middle eastern countries

1. Then why in the 34+ past years haven't the US taken Iran out?
2. Why wait until they get nukes to take out Iran?
3. Why hasn't the US taken Iran out over a good deal of evidence of their covert activities all around the region?
4. Why hasn't the US taken Iran out for their funding of groups who fought and killed US service men in Iraq?

Russia wasn't in their corner until fairly recently. So what has prevented the US from taking Iran out when we went into Iraq and Afghanistan?

If the US really wanted Iran gone it would have done so a long time ago or at least as recently as 9/11.
edit on 12-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

edit on 12-6-2012 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Iran does not have a history of warmongery over the past 200 years like the USA

That doesn’t change their violation of the NPT (violation of trust with the international community).

It makes the USA a bully. Going and attackign small countries that have no threat to the USA does not make it a superpower

Your opinion…definitely not fact.

If I shot you with a tank while you only have a 9 mm does that make me a super badass superpower? No.

Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight.

As many as needed? So you think we should just go around and kill people for no reason just because we can?

No…as many as needed to secure the prosperity of US citizens and citizens of allied countries.

Very similar. Influence has a lot ot do with US politics

Your opinion….definitely not fact.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

1. Then why in the 34+ past years hasn't the US taken Iran out?

We were busy with other wars and setting up the stages. Iran now feels much more threatened because of increased presence of US bases in Iraq and Afghanistan now that were not there 34 years ago.

2. Why wait until they get nukes to take out Iran?

That is a good idea, we sure can attack them now before they get the nukes.

So then that begs the question won't the nukes (which Iran has none) deter the USA from an attack?

Secondly the USA was already engaged with Iraq and Afghanistan and unable to fight Iran all at once and the situation would have been more complex at that time.

3. Why hasn't the US taken Iran out over a good deal of evidence of their covert activities all around the region?

The USA can, but we have to first soften up their government with internal opposition and our own covert activates first. You cannot go to war unprepared and the USA is taking the appropriate covert actions

While I do not think the USA will attack, the Iranians have every reason to feel threatened. Look what happened to Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya etc..

4. Why hasn't the US taken Iran out for their funding of groups who fought and killed US service men in Iraq?

As I have stated they are laying the groundwork, or could it be that the USA does not want to fight a multiple front war at the same time.

Secondly there is no proof of Iran funding groups that killed US service men in Iraq, I might be mistaken though

Thirdly the US troops in iraq would not have died if they were not there warmongering on behalf of the warmongers

Now lets ask the question why would iran fund groups to cause turmoil in iraq? How about because if the situation in iraq was 100% on par with US schedule then they may attack Iran. Iran may have been attempting to delay an attack on itself.

If the US really wanted Iran gone it would have done so a long time ago or at least as recently as 9/11.

While I do not believe that the USA may attack Iran immediately , the situation from the Iranians side is different and they certainly feel threatened and have every right to do so.

They (Iranians) are playing it safe in order to prevent a US military intervention by seeking new technologies.
edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 12 Jun 2012 22:52:13 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That doesn’t change their violation of the NPT (violation of trust with the international community).

How many things have we violated? Geneva convention, torture etc..

Ok lets say Iran withdrew from the NPT and started work on nuclear weapons would that make you happy?

Your opinion…definitely not fact.

Nope its a fact. Let me look up the definition of bully for you:

A person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

USA fits the definition perfect

I asked you:

Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight.

You are asking Iran not to bring a gun to a gun fight. You are the one telling Iran not to arm themselves.

No…as many as needed to secure the prosperity of US citizens and citizens of allied countries.

What did Vietnam have to do with US citizens and allies?

Once again, you need to give me a number, even approximate ballpark would be good.

Very similar. Influence has a lot ot do with US politics Your opinion….definitely not fact.

not an opinion, religion plays very heavily into US politics
edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 12 Jun 2012 22:58:49 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Amusing comment....Why hasn't the US taken out Israel for the USS Liberty?
edit on 12-6-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Nuclear subs are a thing of the past anyways.
Next gen subs will be based on next gen AIP fuel cell systems.
The only problem I see is the fact that this could be another pretext for Iran to enrich uranium.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Secondly the USA was already engaged with Iraq and Afghanistan and unable to fight Iran all at once and the situation would have been more complex at that time.

I'm not advocating an attack on Iran but that argument doesn't hold water. In Gulf War -I The US alone deployed over 545,000 troops to the region. In Gulf War-II we had a little over 165,000 in Iraq and around 34,000 in Afghanistan. [Presently around 88,000 in the Stan] = 253,000 subtract that from Gulf war - I figures that leaves over 292,000 US boots on the ground for Iran.

Nor does your argument address the question of why in the 34+ years since the regime took power the US hasn't cleaned their clocks. I mean after all of all the Middle East countries Iran has been the most outspoken.

As I have stated they are laying the groundwork, or could it be that the USA does not want to fight a multiple front war at the same time.

We were already fighting multiple front wars. Iraq and Afghanistan....

Secondly there is no proof of Iran funding groups that killed US service men in Iraq, I might be mistaken though

Yes, You are.

Now lets ask the question why would iran fund groups to cause turmoil in iraq? How about because if the situation in iraq was 100% on par with US schedule then they may attack Iran. Iran may have been attempting to delay an attack on itself.

Nice pipe dream.

The fact remains they trained, funded and even participated in attacks on US personal in Iraq and many Iranians covertly fighting in Iraq never made it home. I wonder what excuses their Government made why many of their sons never returned home.
edit on 12-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

How many things have we violated? Geneva convention, torture etc..

Why can’t you stay on the topic of Iran? Why must you deflect?

If US has been wrong, I must ask…do two wrongs make a right?

Saying “the US did it” doesn’t justify Iran’s actions!

If I shot you with a tank while you only have a 9 mm does that make me a super badass superpower?

What it tells me is you’re a FOOL for instigating a fight with a man in a tank while you’re only holding a 9mm. Again, this makes any reasonable person question Iran’s judgment.

What did Vietnam have to do with US citizens and allies?

US was preventing the spread of communism in the East. There were many "conflicts" and struggles going on at that time in that region.

not an opinion, religion plays very heavily into US politics.

Influence is different than Theocracy!

edit on 12-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'm not advocating an attack on Iran but that argument doesn't hold water. In Gulf War -I The US alone deployed over 545,000 troops to the region. In Gulf War -II we had a littel over 165,000 in Iraq and around 34,000 in Afghanistan. [Presently around 88,000] = 253,000 subtract that from Gulf war - I figures that leaves over 292,000 US boots on the ground for Iran. Nor does your argument address the question of why in the 34+ years since the regime took power the US hasn't cleaned their clocks. I mean after all of all the Middle East countries Iran has been the most outspoken.

The USA needed the help of approximately 30 different countries in Gulf War I

There were less bases around Iran 34 years ago, than there are now

Thirdly Even US allies are withdrawing support for the current US led wars meaning the US would have to do it with less support

Fourthly Iran is a larger country with a much more complex war scenario

We were already fighting multiple front wars. Iraq and Afghanistan....

Attacking Iran would make it a third...

Nice pipe dream. The fact remains the trained, funded and even participated in attacks on US personal in Iraq and many Iranians covertly fighting in Iraq never made it home. I wonder what excuses their Government made why many of their sons never returned home

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Iraqis welcome Iranian interference to help them get rid of the US occupation

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Why can’t you stay on the topic of Iran? Why must you deflect! If US has been wrong, I must ask…do two wrongs make a right? Saying “the US did it” doesn’t justify Iran’s actions!

I am not saying two wrongs make a right. Nor am I using the 'US did it.' I am saying why are we to tell them what to do when we don't even follow the rules ourselves?

Also if Iran withdrew from the NPT and started work on nuclear weapons would that make you happy?

What it tells me is you’re an you’re a FOOL for instigating a man with a tank while you’re only holding a 9mm. Again, this makes any reasonable person question Iran’s judgment.

When did Iran instigate the USA? Plus what the hell is USA doing in Irans backyard?

US was preventing the spread of communism in the East. There were many "conflicts" and struggles going on at that time in that region.

That is one opinion.

How many military interventions has the USA performed in the past 100 years compared to Irans past 100 years.

Lets do the tally

Since you didn't respond to :

You: Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight.

Me: You are asking Iran not to bring a gun to a gun fight. You are the one telling Iran not to arm themselves.

I understand that you are admitting that Iran should be able to bring a gun to a gun fight..

As well as, you not responding to the fact that the US fits the definition of a bully...

Influence is different than Theocracy!

So what is worse a theocracy or a government backed by military defense contractors, big banks, and corporations wanting more war all for the bottom line and then lobbying the congress to get what they want?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

How many military interventions has the USA performed in the past 100 years compared to Irans past 100 years.

How about go asking Irans MOIS/VEVAK sure they will be able to fill all the details of Iranian covert actions and the real usage of that nuclear powered war machine.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Iraqis welcome Iranian interference to help them get rid of the US occupation

I guess "Iranian interference" in other countries business in the region over the past 30+ years doesn't count in your myopic view of world and regional events eh?

Iran never attacked anybody in over 100 years

pfftt...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

How many countries has the USA attacked over the past 100 years; lets compare it to Iran's interventions.

What are the numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join