It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Plans Nuclear-Powered Sub

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by seabag

Are you a nuclear energy expert? Have you ever taken classes on nuclear physics?

Even if they enrich beyond what is required for energy so what? It is their right to do whatever they want

Where are all the anti-Nuke people on this? I remember when Greenpeace and all the nuclear freeze protesters were trying to shut down nuclear power plants in the US and stop everything else nuclear too.

Leftists never seem to oppose this stuff when it's the other side doing it.
edit on 13-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

LMAO assuming I'm a leftist is a big mistake my son, now your grounded, go to your room.

Secondly, I was never in Greenpeace protesting the nuclear energy plants...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Your not gonna weasel your way out of this one..

Weasel out of this? Who are you?
Police Detective Sgt. Joe Friday?

Why do you support or advocate a first strike on irans nuclear powered subs (still nonexistent at this point)?

I was being facetious because you came bolting out from under your rock about Iran turning the HMS Westminster into scrap metal..

Unless my position is mistaken please clarify?

Yes, It is.

Clear now?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ok so you were being facetious, but what is your true position in a non facetious way.

Plus how did you know I lived under a rock? rarely has anyone guessed with such accuracy of my supposed whereabouts on this forum..but you nailed it

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I think it's a joke. The Iranians can't even get one Reactor online yet never mind trying to build a fairly sophisticated piece of machinery like a nuke sub. Both the US and Russians are way ahead of them in both technical prowess and experience and both have lost subs.

On the off chance they do somehow produce one and decide foolishly to try to deploy it in combat the West will turn it into scrap metal.
edit on 13-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think it's a joke. The Iranians can't even get one Reactor online yet never mind trying to build a fairly sophisticated piece of machinery like a nuke sub. Both the US and Russians are way ahead of them in both technical prowess and experience and both have lost subs.

I agree that they do not have the technical know how but they certainly should experiment and advance their domestic knowledge. With experimentation you make discoveries.

On the off chance they do somehow produce one and decide foolishly try to deploy it in combat the West will turn it into scrap metal.

Under what type of combat circumstances? Self defense? Patrol?

If the USA starts the war (highly likely), the sub will be sunk

If Iran starts the war (highly unlikely as Iran is not as big a warmonger as the USA), the sub will still be sunk
edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoWed, 13 Jun 2012 22:22:19 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

If the USA starts the war (highly likely), the sub will be sunk

If Iran starts the war (highly unlikely as Iran is not as big a warmonger as the USA), the sub will still be sunk

Agreed.

It will be sunk.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ahh, nevermind...seems to be a good close to the debate..

edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoWed, 13 Jun 2012 22:28:17 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I agree that they do not have the technical know how but they certainly should experiment and advance their domestic knowledge. With experimentation you make discoveries.

If the USA starts the war (highly likely)

Wearing white,The Iranian 5th "convenient store robbers" brigade,will find themselves in a world of hurt.......

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think they just got 4 new diesel subs in 2010 or 2011?

Wont hear those coming, nope..

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but...... there is NOTHING quieter than a Diesel boat running on the batteries. You don't even get a sound signature until they are really close.

The nukes, on the other hand you can hear the reactor noise before anything else. It is normally mistaken for a rain squall.

The art of true quiet is in the propellers. Even a diesel sub on batteries has to run a motor/generator, pumps and auxilliary systems that generate discrete frequencies, which given the right equipment, can be detected.

The props on the other hand, need to be modal fine-tuned to produce the lowest cavitation possible and not cause any wobble that would produce a frequency in the water. This is true of all types of submarines. As good as the state of the art is today in producing these kinds of propellers, there is still not one that is absolutely quiet, and does not have some minute modal characteristics that prevent detection.

edit on 13-6-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 13-6-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The US got to use a couple of Nukes so its only fair if Iran gets a couple of shots.

I reckon Capitol hill would be good target, they should wipe out all the scum politicians and lobbyists.

Would be so sad bout the innocents caught up in it though, but what do Americans call it..."Collateral damage" Cuz its all OK when its Iraqi children or Japaneses civilians but when it happens to your own then its terrorism of the worst kind! Such a double standard.

One of these days someone is gonna stand up to the bully, they ain't gonna be top dog forever!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

"I reckon Capitol hill would be good target"

Well said mate, if Iran did manage to nuke the hill planet Earth would have to have a "We Love Iran Day!"

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join