It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Plans Nuclear-Powered Sub

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Russia and China have said a move on Iran would be a move on them. I am not talking about irans domestic capability, but what its allies bring to the table

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Are you a nuclear energy expert? Have you ever taken classes on nuclear physics?

Is that the qualification to make a statement about Iran now?

Even if they enrich beyond what is required for energy so what? It is their right to do whatever they want

They are not responsible enough to be trusted with nuclear weapons. If they had an ounce of sense and good intentions they wouldn’t have violated the NPT.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Russia and China have said a move on Iran would be a move on them. I am not talking about irans domestic capability, but what its allies bring to the table

ALL TALK!

Everyone knows the outcome of a conflict between two nuclear nations; life as we know it (for everyone on the globe) would be over. They’re not willing to risk it. Hence the decades of proxy wars.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by seabag

Are you a nuclear energy expert? Have you ever taken classes on nuclear physics?

Even if they enrich beyond what is required for energy so what? It is their right to do whatever they want

LOL

ITS EVERYBODY'S RIGHT TO DO WHAT THEY WANT?

Some people like to touch children, some people like to rape women, some people like to murder people,

Ok lets just let everybody on the planet just DO WHAT THEY WANT then, its your right... don't worry about anybody telling you what to do just go and do as you please, hell lets get the prison doors open to and let them guys go and do what they want to, its only fair, don't pay for that sir just take it, do what you want, oi you over there stop punching that man... only joking do what you want mate, we are all aloud to do what we want now

What planet are you living on?

You and your stupidity is a threat to the civilized world and a threat to mankind, when people used to "just do what they like" i think that was called the Dark Ages and it wasn't a very nice world to live in, there was utter chaos, people suffered, and it was hell

So no people are not aloud to just do as they like, there must be rules no rules = chaos

edit on 12-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nuclear - Powered subs are not a danger to anyone in the world right now, well besides the the Nazi state of USA's fleet.

The big danger is those cheap and plentiful rubber coated Chinese subs which have a nasty tendency to pop up in the middle of Major Nuclear powered exercises and not being detected until they surface......LOL
It only takes one cheap rubber sub to drop a carrier, so what is the worries here????

Iran saying they are producing a Nuclear sub is that a real threat?

Better look closer at your own back yard here boys and girls.

That is where the problem is and will be for a long time.
God I really hate to say this because I know I will be labeled anti American, Well depending on how you look at it I just may be.
Then again I feel I am not anti American but I am definitely Anti American military and big time too.

Wars/Wars/Wars......Never freeeking ending and no end in sight.

One proposal for a Nuke sub does not and never will threaten the US.

Look inside your own doings to find the problem.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
why does everyone assume iran is a backwards country.

they've been applying advanced mathematics at time when most american's ancestors were still in england chucking spears at each other.

they brought down your most advanced drone, billions of dollars in stealth research and have access to probably the most advanced video camera in the world. there are only two country's in the world at the forefront of drone technology and one of them now is iran.

and all with a laptop.

edit on 12-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Nuclear - Powered subs are not a danger to anyone in the world right now, well besides the the Nazi state of USA's fleet.

Care to elaborate on the “nazi” tendencies of the US?
What country has been a greater example of freedom than US? Maybe Iran?

Iran saying they are producing a Nuclear sub is that a real threat?

Better look closer at your own back yard here boys and girls.

Iran with nuclear ANYTHING is a threat because they’ve proven their intent. Care to explain why they violated the NPT? Do you know what the NPT is?

That is where the problem is and will be for a long time.

God I really hate to say this because I know I will be labeled anti American, Well depending on how you look at it

I just may be.

Then again I feel I am not anti American but I am definitely Anti American military and big time too.

You are anti-American simply because you automatically talk smack about the US while ignoring the topic of the OP, and you can’t distinguish between American ideals and NWO actions.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

They are not responsible enough to be trusted with nuclear weapons. If they had an ounce of sense and good intentions they wouldn’t have violated the NPT.

Speaking of responsible, the USA was the ONLY country to use nuclear weapons in war.

Secondly, USA is so far from Iran, that Iran poses no threat to the USA. Iran has rattled its sabre many times and never followed through with its threats.

Thirdly, are you really worried about Iran which has no real delivery system threatening the USA, or is it about the Iranian-Israel mudslinging?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Speaking of responsible, the USA was the ONLY country to use nuclear weapons in war.

This thread isn’t about US’s justification for having nukes.

Secondly, USA is so far from Iran, that Iran poses no threat to the USA. Iran has rattled its sabre many times and never followed through with its threats.

So Iran’s nuclear sub and the subs they currently possess are for use near their own shores?

Thirdly, are you really worried about Iran which has no real delivery system threatening the USA, or is it about the Iranian-Israel mudslinging?

You tout their ties to China and Russia. Why is it such a stretch to think they’ve already been supplied with the means to deliver? Your own rhetoric points to the probability of Iran’s capability to reach US. Do you know what a proxy war is??

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The only reason we haven't won the war in Afghanistan is because we're not fighting full bore.

Cut our people loose and we'll see just how long that war lasts.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am very nervous about Iran's nuclear capabilities.

Nuclear technology in the hands of such a backwards ideological country as Iran is not only an imminent threat to our Israeli allies, but to the civilized world and anyone who does not share the beliefs of their holy Quran. We can not allow Iran to attempt to bring about their 12th Imam.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I'll be candid. I don't care about Israel. To me they're a tick sucking us dry.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

I care about the Israeli people who will be harmed by Iran's destructive ideologies.

link   

edit on 6-12-12 by paradox because: double post

link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by getreadyalready

Are you seriously telling them not to advance their technologies? Why don't you go ride a horse to work.

No, not at all. Don't you see the Ron Paul banner in my siggy? I think they should be allowed to pursue their nuclear power ambitions, I just think it is putting the horse ahead of the cart when their infrastructure is not developed in other areas such as oil refining, and I also think it is a bit of a wasted effort since it is pretty clear Israel or the US intends on blowing the hell out of all their progress.

I said I didn't agree with the bombing, but I still think it is going to happen, and all that money and research will be wasted.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

They are a financial black hole. What do we get for our investment?

Do we really get that much intel from them? I doubt it.

Don't get me wrong. I've nothing against them. I just think we should do what everyone else is doing: Take care of #1, our OWN country.
edit on 6/12/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: ADDED CONTENT

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

I don't care about Israel any more or any less than any other of our allies. I just mentioned them specifically because they, along with "the great satan" (US) are the most imminently threatened by the backwards religion that those in Iran live by. Now, I'm not saying everyone in Iran is bad. Of course I know there are innocent civilians, and I feel for the world of hurt they are about to be in unless their nutjob leader ceases his quest to fulfill their religious prophecies and wage war on anyone who is an unbeliever.

ETA: Btw, I'm all for taking care of only the US. However, as a world leader in the system we live in, we have a lot of responsibility towards protecting allied nations. Not trying to sound boastful, but that's just how I see it. The whole global system would have to be changed if we decide to solely focus on our country.
edit on 6-12-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I agree with a previous poster. I don't think they'll get far with this sub, unless they get help from another country with things like prop tech.
edit on 6/12/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: PUNCTUATION

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Why would nuclear powered subs need higher enrichment than a nuclear power plant? I admit I know nothing about nuclear subs, but shouldn't they work the same way?

Small design.smaller package meaning the fuel needed would have to be able to produce more power hence "enriched".

Great Iran wants a nuclear sub nuclear power for peace eh?

A sub is used only for one thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

ITS EVERYBODY'S RIGHT TO DO WHAT THEY WANT?

If their name is Russia,China,Syria, and IRan anyone else?

Oh hell no they don't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join