It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western US Sheriffs gather to discuss their Constitutional authority.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

and as soon as a Sheriff thinks he's President, he will fail.

This is precisely the sort of crap nonsense I am talking about. You hope to present a scenario where the president of the United States is king and only by that authority can law be enforced. No Constitution will support your nonsense, no case law, and no reasonable authority. You simply hope that if you can keep repeating over and over again the lie that people will start to believe it.

Sheriff's acting in honor of their oath of office is not evidence of any single Sheriff thinking they are president, but is simply the way our Constitutional Republic works. We get that you don't like this and have no regard for the rule of law, but that's tough.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, the gathering was yesterday so I've been trying to find some news coverage and this is the only article I've found so far. It doesn't say much about what the sheriffs are thinking and saying, its more about the concerns of the audience. Not a very good write up.

But with wild fires raging out of control in that area it really isn't surprising that only four sheriffs showed up, they probably have more important things to deal with right now.

www.nbc11news.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Sheriffs are Sheriffs and President is President. They are not the same. If a Sheriff runs for President and wins, then he does that job and not before.

All your discussion is about it muddying up roles and responsibilities. In other words, an attempt to corrupt the system.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

"I've worked with the FBI, I've worked with the DEA, I've worked with ATF, NOT ONE of those agencies has stepped foot in Montrose County unless their first stop was my office," Montrose County sheriff Rick Dunlap said.

"The sheriff’s expressed that it is important that they work alongside federal agencies, one example being the fight against wildfires."

Exactly as I thought. The Sheriffs from their own mouths are telling you that the Feds respect the office of Sheriff.

Sheriffs respect the roles of the Feds.

There is no conflict, no matter how much you want there to be.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by frazzle

"I've worked with the FBI, I've worked with the DEA, I've worked with ATF, NOT ONE of those agencies has stepped foot in Montrose County unless their first stop was my office," Montrose County sheriff Rick Dunlap said.

"The sheriff’s expressed that it is important that they work alongside federal agencies, one example being the fight against wildfires."

Exactly as I thought. The Sheriffs from their own mouths are telling you that the Feds respect the office of Sheriff.

Sheriffs respect the roles of the Feds.

There is no conflict, no matter how much you want there to be.

"Their first stop was in my office." Notice he doesn't say whether he asked to see if their paperwork was in order before they made the second step. No official will admit they did not in a crowd of people if they are hoping for re-election. And how quick he was to mention the fires which are the main concern of the people right now.

No one is saying there isn't mutual respect, its a matter of who has primary jurisdiction and clearly that is a Sheriff within his own county. And its interesting to see the part of his quote you left out: "The sheriff is the most powerful man in each county," Thompson said. Many people were happy to hear that the sheriff is still the law of the land on the Western Slope."

All they're asking is that he does his job. And we should be asking the same of our own sheriffs.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

i didn't leave out the quote, i simply didn't chose it and for no particular reason.

i think the point is that the Sheriff is telling the people that live in his county...stop listening to the fear mongers, the Feds act in a manner that he considers acceptable and appropriate.

he's saying...no one is coming to take your guns or prevent you from drawing water from your wells. its all lies that pathological liars tell.

why would federal agents care who the most powerful man is in a county they don't live in anyway?

its all B.S. and the people that keep up the nonstop lies are eventually going to answer to the people they lied to...that much is certain.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sheriffs are Sheriffs and President is President. They are not the same. If a Sheriff runs for President and wins, then he does that job and not before.

All your discussion is about it muddying up roles and responsibilities. In other words, an attempt to corrupt the system.

There you again pretending as if the Sheriff's are doing something they are not. Your rhetoric becomes shallower and shallower with each post.

All your discussion is about muddying up the roles and responsibilities and in the precise words you are advocating a continuance of corruption within the system. Had you any legal basis by which to support you arguments you would have relied upon it long before now...what does that tell you?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

are you a bot or something? the title is that the Sheriffs are discussing their Constitutional Authority. I assume the author is implying the Federal Constitution...which they have none and never will. They are the most powerful man in their County and they are treated as such...the Feds are the most powerful men from Sea to Shining Sea; the President, the most Powerful Man on Earth; which includes their county.

i'm here to talk about stuff that happening the world I actually live in.

i don't have to rely on anything for that...
edit on 14-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i didn't leave out the quote, i simply didn't chose it and for no particular reason.

Earlier you said: "Sheriffs have no Constitutional Authority...that much is clear." But when one of them tells you straight to you face that he has ultimate authority, you choose to ignore it ~ for no particular reason. LOL

why would federal agents care who the most powerful man is in a county they don't live in anyway?

They go where they're ordered and do as they're told. Remember the conversation we had about zombies? There you go, now you know who they are.

its all B.S. and the people that keep up the nonstop lies are eventually going to answer to the people they lied to...that much is certain.

On this we agree.

edit on 14-6-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

If you think "bots" are up to the level of discourse I display then this puts much into perspective of where your head is at and how much of a disconnect from reality you actually have. Desperately you hope to create imaginary scenarios, foolishly thinking this desperation will be mistaken for erudition, and presumably under the presumption that "bots" show more erudition than humans, assuming all people are at the woeful level of discourse you continue with.

The inability to reasonably discern is a symptom of insanity.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

this is my most recent delusion.

the only thing the Sheriffs in question are thinking about is how much an unmanned drone or Stealth Helicopter like the one from the bin Laden raid could help them and the Feds fight the wildfires together.

and possibly about how stupid the people are that think they will find a fault to exploit in the American system.

like I said...we can sit here together and watch how things work out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yeah, I'll tell you what, you sit where you are and keep that tin foil hat on. Periodically I'll check in on you in between living in the real world where those who know the law find remedy in it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
the only thing clear is that the original premise of this thread was that Sheriffs were gathering to discuss Federal over reach into state/county affairs.

as it appears now, based on the article posted by Frazzle, Sheriffs were actually meeting with citizens (the source of this fictional concern) to deny that any over reach is occurring and that the Sheriffs and Feds are just peachy and in fact are partners in keeping Americans safe.

so, the law makes little difference as no conflict exists. but you guys can continue to chase ambulances around town.

some, one or two actually, of the posters just can't stomach the idea that yet another possible fault in the American system was an illusion.

USA. USA!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

so, the law makes little difference

This has been the foundation of your effort in this thread. No amount of ad hominem attacks on those calling you on this changes this fact. For you, the law makes little difference.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

i thought you were going to check in later...another lie from a pathological liar.

and it makes little difference...you don't know anything about the law.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I assume the author is implying the Federal Constitution...which they have none and never will.

Even if one were to make that leap and assumption -- when over and over it has been pointed out that Constitutional authority is surely written out, i.e. see the 10th Amendment. It is also to note that just because someone says "Constitutional authority" doesn't presume Federal (especially when you have an inkling of knowledge).

They are the most powerful man in their County and they are treated as such...the Feds are the most powerful men from Sea to Shining Sea; the President, the most Powerful Man on Earth; which includes their county.

Each of those are only as powerful as the amount of authority is given by Individuals (or the People) when they delegate and elect such officials. Of course, we could have another topic altogether that there are those who assume more power than given.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

i thought you were going to check in later...another lie from a pathological liar.

and it makes little difference...you don't know anything about the law.

Sure, that's why I have, in this thread cited several Supreme Court rulings, the Constitution itself, and other authority such as the Federalist Papers, and other writings by the Founders, to demonstrate the law and you have continued to simply post your opinion. That's the ticket, just keep pretending sport. Keep pretending your lack is knowledge and that my ability to cite case law, Constitutions, and other writings is not at all knowledge.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

the only thing clear is that the original premise of this thread was that Sheriffs were gathering to discuss Federal over reach into state/county affairs.

as it appears now, based on the article posted by Frazzle, Sheriffs were actually meeting with citizens (the source of this fictional concern) to deny that any over reach is occurring and that the Sheriffs and Feds are just peachy and in fact are partners in keeping Americans safe.

so, the law makes little difference as no conflict exists. but you guys can continue to chase ambulances around town.

some, one or two actually, of the posters just can't stomach the idea that yet another possible fault in the American system was an illusion.

USA. USA!

Hold on to your flag ~ er, I mean shirt. the article I posted was from NBC and we do know how they toe the centralized government line. Maybe we should wait for the sheriffs to say their piece before the rousing rah rah bit.

Meanwhile, here are a few other sheriffs who aren't being quite so pc about it.

The Giant Has Awakened: U.S. County Sheriffs Turn Back Federal Assaults!

Speaking of the federal bureaucracy, Plumas County (California) Sheriff Greg Hagwood declared, “A giant has been awakened, and they didn’t count on that.”

One by one the sheriffs recounted their experiences with an ever-encroaching federal government, whether from the aspect of emergency management, the foisting upon local jurisdictions of federal mandates, or the passage of federal statutes which many now feel run roughshod over state and local governments, inhibiting their ability to mold their own laws and policies around the needs of their respective populations.

“I had spent a good part of my life enforcing the penal code, but not understanding my oath of office,” Sheriff Dean Wilson of Del Norte (Sacramento) County told the group. “I was ignorant and naive, but now I know of the assault against our people by the federal government,” he said, receiving some of the loudest and longest applause of the gathering.

No one makes the case better that the county sheriff is the real supreme law of the land than former Arizona sheriff Richard Mack. Speaking at the event, Mack says the word is beginning to get around.

“It’s becoming a national movement now,” Mack said, noting he planned to announce in January a national education movement that he anticipates will draw about 200 sheriffs from around the country.

“The county sheriff is the last line of defense guarding our people’s liberty,” he said.

politicalvelcraft.org...

Guess you're not out of the woods yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

man...we live in different worlds.

i'm sure what you know is true in the one you live in, but its meaningless to me.

you just keep studying the law champ...maybe one day we'll meet...

...but even though we probably won't, just keep shooting for the stars.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

its not a big deal. the whole world is concerned about the United States at present. It's probably horrifying to watch a Hyper Power become stronger.

but the fact is that the US, both externally and internally, manages itself quite well.

I suppose a mob can be assembled to take down this Giant, more like Titan if you ask me, but that would be little more than the senseless violence and abuse of power some people are claiming to be concerned about, wouldn't it?

so...I suppose everyone's gonna have to just come to terms with themselves and hopefully level heads prevail.

if you suffer from Envy, I don't think you'll make it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join