It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western US Sheriffs gather to discuss their Constitutional authority.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

My point was... verified complaints don't work in all circumstances. They may not be enforced the way you stated... especially if it's on federal land. Not everyone knows when they're in Federal jurisdiction. People go to parks all the time and don't realize that they're in a Federal Park and not a State Park.

You didn't seem to be just talking about verified complaints in this in relation to Sheriffs gathering in discussion of Constitutional authority... it seemed to come from an overall perspective.

I'm not placing any doubt in anyone. What I actually did was show another way that the federal government gets away with infringement of citizens' personal freedom. That in itself I think warrants what I said toward the thread. You're only upset because I quoted you... had I said the same thing without quoting you, and leading in with "Good thing Sheriffs had this meeting because..." there would be no problem.

Someone else participating may also be able to find a way to actually get prosecution of Federal employees in this circumstance... ever think about that?

Anyone that states something different from you is "suspect". I specifically said DEA and added Coast Guard. Never said EPA (which you mentioned), FBI, or anything. Your statement made me think about something... I added to it. Simple as that. And to think that I thought people like learning things.
edit on 15-6-2012 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Okay, let's get this straight and clear: You're claiming that DEA agents and the Coast Guard have given you verified complaints to file, of which you did and signed under penalty of perjury that crimes were committed. These complaints then were used to arrest (by whom? The DOJ? The FBI?) the offenders, but once brought to trail in a federal court the defendants convinced the judge to dismiss the complaint against them because what they were doing was all perfectly lawful, and the judge does dismiss the complaint. However, once the complaint is dismissed no charges are brought against you for perjuring yourself. Is this your story? Is this the story you want to stick by?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This article is dated today (June 15). Excerpts of article:

Border Control Measures Using License Plate Tracking Halted by Activists in Utah (Updated)

www.activistpost.com...
image credit: ACLU
Joe Wright
Activist Post

The War on Drugs has been threatening the fundamental rights of ordinary Americans, and greatly impinging upon states rights, as agencies like the DEA continue to claim State resistance to this type of federal intrusion has been extremely limited. However, in the case of this section of highway through Utah along I-15 (clearly inland), the Beaver County Sheriff seems to be listening to the public outcry over privacy violations and has decided to halt the plan immediately, while the Washington Country Sheriff has requested additional information. (Source)

This is certainly positive news, as it demonstrates the power of activism and the ability to get results at the local level. However, we need to be ever vigilant against duplicitous federal agencies.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'd just like to post this youtube video to supplement the other post I did about unalienable rights vs the inalienable rights

www.youtube.com...

Governments do not give you your unalienable rights. But they can protect those rights you already have (which can not be sold.).

the inalienable ones can be sold or transferred with the consent by the one possessing the rights. What has happened over time is government ask your permission for it when you do commerce with it in some way.
(but most don't know they are trading something with the government since they see government as not offering them a service to them. Most people are led to believe government never contracts with you.

Buy a blacks law dictionary and learn some of the words.

Much of the population today doesn't understand that legalise is a whole seperate language from english so they give up rights when taking stuff from the government. in exchange for taking something or accepting something the government offers them, the inalienable rights are taken away and turned into something called "privileges". That is you have to ask the government for permission to have the privilege and if they say "no" you have to accept that decision.

Modern day people think "god given unalienable right" is not relevent today or it is something outdated but it is what keeps human beings in agreeance no matter the place you came from. Say your mother was abducted by space aliens and you were born on the moon raised by martians or something crazy like that. That still doesn't cheat you of having god given rights. No matter the location you were at the time.
God created all things, and inside those things are the souls that are not to be sold since God created it and owns it.

It is thought that in the future (look this up in the Book Of Revelations) the figure known as the antichrist (a counterfeit jesus who almost everyone will worship ) will barter and trade souls of the ones that willingly gave up them up to the devil. This is why all the paranoia over the mark of the beast and RFID chips.

If the antichrist ever rises amongst all the chaos and anarchy to feed the poor, provide weapons to the wealthy for defences, perform miracles for the sick and dying who have no insurance, command demons out from people who have demon possessed bodies etc you can bet your butt many will want to make him their world leader and he can then use that as leverage to get you to give up your soul willingly.

Many of the tin foil groups believe we are living in the "end times" spoke about in the book of revelations..
There was a guy by the name of William Cooper who had a radio show called "hour of the time" and he wrote a book called "Behold A Pale Horse". Before the events of 911 he predicted the government was going to blame bin laden and that americans would use the tradgedy to go to war and fight under the guise of protecting the world from terrorism. (in other words that in order to get increased powers and have the people willingly give up certain rights they needed a tradgedy like that to take advantage of them in a moment of weakness)
He was gunned down months after 911.

On his radio show Cooper talked about many topics to do with the end times and the occultic meaning of things in movies and mystery school teachings. Giving the uneducated people more awareness about what the mystery schools believe.

One one of his lessons on the Hour Of The Time he talks of the 'creator endowed rights'.

I thought it would be good to post this here for those who believe they are losing these on the basis that emergency powers are being thrown around to deny them of basic rights.
www.youtube.com... pt1
www.youtube.com... pt2

This was back around the 90s. He was very aware of the lack of understanding of the average joe on the street of these important things. People are generally very lazy and when they get home from a day of work the last thing that they want to do is study about laws. They would rather watch the football or do other things that brings them pleasure. It is boring. But it is how we all get tricked into accepting things we would not ordinarily accept had we been aware of what is happening and actually understood the "language of legalise". Being ignorant of this stuff is what allows people to obtain power of us, which very rarely has anything to do with english words with obvious meanings. I can understand now why future generations are doomed because the average attention span of people in modern times is getting shorter and shorter and people can't concentrate for long due to all the distractions around them.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Snake Plisskin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Snake Plisskin

Much of the population today doesn't understand that legalise is a whole seperate language from english so they give up rights when taking stuff from the government. in exchange for taking something or accepting something the government offers them, the inalienable rights are taken away and turned into something called "privileges". That is you have to ask the government for permission to have the privilege and if they say "no" you have to accept that decision.

I've been hollering about this for a good number of years. No one listens. No one believes that what they're doing when they sign all those applications with government is waiving their rights in exchange for privileges that can be revoked or altered at any time during the contract ~ which is forever.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Like I said... take an upper level ecology course.

I already understand your angle, I just do not agree with it.

Before the wolves were re-introduced, the elk population was ramped...The wolves manage elk population, thus keeping Yellowstone as beautiful as it is.

Roger that, its old news. How about extending the hunting season and increasing the bag count?

They have NOT been a threat to humans at all. Bears are more of a threat than wolves... are you serious?
What cattle exactly? I didn't realize farmers owned Federal land in Yellowstone...

Oh, excuse me! I didn't realize that you folks had explained the park boundries and the rules to the Wolves, and that they agreed to keep themselves and all of their offspring on the reservation. History is quite clear that wolves were wiped out because they preyed on livestock. The farmer's issue never was that wolves were generally a direct threat to themselves; however, a threat to the livestock certainly impacts the well-being of the rancher/herder.

I swear... people need education... it's why this world is going to crap!

I swear, we need representative government ... like we're supposed to have. No wonder our Nation is going to crap! Self-pronounced intellectuals are riding roughshod over the citizens.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I've been hollering about this for a good number of years. No one listens. No one believes that what they're doing when they sign all those applications with government is waiving their rights in exchange for privileges that can be revoked or altered at any time during the contract ~ which is forever.
I

That is because people generally trust others too much. It seems only the really paranoid guys on conspiracy sites look into this stuff so I can understand why people are ignorant of it. lol
The fact is we are human beings without much frree time to look into the details. We want conveniences but you sacrifice something (certain freedom) for the security that government may give you by doing everything for you.

Just like as a little kid you were not allowed to do things the adults could do yet until you were mature enough to take some responsibility for any actions that led to the damage of other people and honored your promise to pay back for the harm or loss of property to the harmed individual. Little kids don't have to pay bills or negotiate with the person they hurt because they are too young to understand it.

Today's people don't want responsibility though. That is why goernment acts like the parent to them, If more people had a long attention span, and had an interest in this subject maybe there would not be so much confusion and need for meetings. Everyone would just know it. I think that is why warnings from past presidents went unheeded.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake Plisskin

I

That is because people generally trust others too much. It seems only the really paranoid guys on conspiracy sites look into this stuff so I can understand why people are ignorant of it. lol
The fact is we are human beings without much frree time to look into the details. We want conveniences but you sacrifice something (certain freedom) for the security that government may give you by doing everything for you.

Just like as a little kid you were not allowed to do things the adults could do yet until you were mature enough to take some responsibility for any actions that led to the damage of other people and honored your promise to pay back for the harm or loss of property to the harmed individual. Little kids don't have to pay bills or negotiate with the person they hurt because they are too young to understand it.

Today's people don't want responsibility though. That is why goernment acts like the parent to them, If more people had a long attention span, and had an interest in this subject maybe there would not be so much confusion and need for meetings. Everyone would just know it. I think that is why warnings from past presidents went unheeded.

Well, while I don't mind being called a conspiracy guy or paranoid, it has more to do with simply watching how things work. When the 14th amendment was passed putting everybody under the jurisdiction of the federal government, they knew they could never get away with just dumping all their newfound power on the people, so they hauled out their unlimited supply of carrot flavored suckers for suckers and started passing them out liberally. That always works. Well, at least until you get to the center of the sucker and discover the stick for suckers.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Our county sheriff and his deputies are amazing. Rural community. Love 'em. We know them, they know us, it's how it's supposed to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join