It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of ARKS are leaving earth, should you jump?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The future of humanity is on the brink, there is an opportunity to jump off of the planet for anyone who wishes to go. Thousands of ships are made fairly cheaply and you have an opportunity to go along with seven companions. You could take friends or family if they are willing to go. The ship is like the ARK, it has frozen eggs of animals and seeds of plants as well as the tech to get them started on a new planet. It is basically a tool for terraforming a close to inhabitable planet and creating a livable planet out of one that has at least a few of the right building blocks for life.

The ship is also equipped with a total library of information containing just about anything you could get a degree in as well as most of the earths history. The occupants will be in stasis for the duration of the trip, and will be woken upon arrival to somewhat habitable planets. If the planet does not suit your taste, then you can opt out and keep looking after about a week and go back into stasis. Here is the kicker. You ship only has power to last for a million years or so. In this time you could visit roughly a couple of million suns. But remember not all of them would have habitable planets. If for some reason, after you had gone to a couple of other planets, you decided to return to earth, then earth would have aged by tens of thousands of years. There would be no guarantee that you would find anything. There may be hostiles on any habitable planet that you find, or inhabiting earth in the case that you return. There would be no guarantee that you would ever run across other earthlings in the other ARKS, but there would also be possibilities that you would. Say for instance, you decided to just stay in stasis for the duration, not ever stopping until the ship was almost done in the hopes that after so much time the other ships had populated the galaxy.

Would you take the jump on faith that there would be habitable planets out there, or take your chances here on earth? Do you think it would be possible to populate the galaxy in this way, sending out ARKS in every direction? Maybe we would or could find heaven? It is supposed to be somewhere up there after all. Would we get slaughtered by the beings that already run the show? What kind of place would you look for if you did jump, or what would you try and build? Big planet, or something half the size of the moon?

What say you guys? Should I stay or should I go? How do I decide? What should I look for?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
DP
edit on 11-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am going to yawn at the title.
And say, sure they are jumping ship?
You really believe that?

I don't.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Who is they? I didn't ask if they would jump. I asked if you would. When you say you are going to yawn, does that mean you are already looking for a habitable place and are getting bored finding one?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have often thought of this concept.

I for one would take the ARK. I currently do not like the way we live inharmonious with our planet and I would choose to terraform a small one. I would build only from the raw materials that are abundant on the planet. Of course their is always the possibility that I would not have enough time to find a planet to my liking, but in that case I will die happy, having finally seen more of the cosmos than I could ever see from Earth.

I sometimes imagine that life on Earth first began in a similar fashion... I wonder where it all went so wrong...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
As much as I would love to go into space, there is no way in hell i'm trusting my life to one of those rustbuckets, created and maintained by the very people who screwed up the planet enough to leave it in the first place.

One de-pressurization malfunction, the whole thing ignites and disintegrates. Fun.

it would be exhilarating no doubt until you realize there is no way out but the search for your inevitable death,
with a constant fear of any number of possible scenarios to end it all.

Under a strict oppressive daily routine, limitations of mobility and other amenities we take for granted in our currently semi-free lives, no thanks.

Plus, I like Earth too much. The sun, the moon. Clouds, rain, green forests, tall mountains, falling snow, vicious storms, sandy beaches and a nice drive in the cool breeze...can't get that in space, only right here right now.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

On a smaller planet it would be much easier to control the population as well as make sure that the place was well taken care of, but on a bigger one, there would be more room for diversity and evolution, I'm on the fence. I would probably choose a much bigger one than earth if I could find one.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

What if the earth was turning into a rust bucket? It's possible you know, and the room to move is getting smaller by the minute, last chance, there aren't many ships left. They are pretty bomb proof ships by the way. Don't worry they were built by Bowing. The chances of crashing are less than getting hit by lightning.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

On a smaller planet it would be much easier to control the population as well as make sure that the place was well taken care of, but on a bigger one, there would be more room for diversity and evolution, I'm on the fence. I would probably choose a much bigger one than earth if I could find one.

A more diverse planet would be nice, but I am not sure I could trust myself to keep it under control. I think that in starting anew I would strive for sustainability rather than excessive population, it is better to take it slow at first and then when the future generations are ready to move outward to another planet they could go a little bit bigger. Our problems as human beings has always been that we need to control our surroundings and make things easiest for us, it would be nice for a change to try letting the planet dictate to us what we can consume, how much we can populate, and how diverse life should be.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

edit on 11-6-2012 by 1beerplease because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

there is one planet i know of which is a beautiful place its called earth and if such a scenario eventuated lets hope all the idiots go and good riddance to them that should fix the problem !!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Heck ya I would go! But a lot would depend on how hardcore their ships are.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alexs

Yeah right! Send all the politicians, they could get the place ready for our kids when they arrive. If ARKS were leaving today and these were the odds, I would have to think about it. This place is great, but the future could be far worse than it is today. One day it could be the only option.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli

What if the earth was turning into a rust bucket? It's possible you know, and the room to move is getting smaller by the minute, last chance, there aren't many ships left. They are pretty bomb proof ships by the way. Don't worry they were built by Bowing. The chances of crashing are less than getting hit by lightning.

factors would need to be considered;

The state of the technology -
I would want to know the tech that we run has failsafe guidance systems. Tested.
We would have had to establish contingency plans for our contingency plans for me to even consider stepping foot on an ARK.

The state of society -
If it's complete anarchy or mass extinction then I would have no choice.
If a scientific endeavour or government experiment I would decline unless I had a specific duty to fufil.

The state of the planet -
The Earth's decay wouldn't be a sudden occurance.
If there was room for improvement, I wouldn't hesitate in staying behind.

Boeing*

I wouldn't be worried about crashing.

I would be worried about oxygen, water, gravity, radiation, home sickness, insanity.

Murphy's law, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. 500 million miles+ away from Earth, it will go wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is a beautiful planet with all its diversity. There is a lot wrong with this planet and a billion ways to die. Knowing both, I think I would take the Ark. Why? Purely for the experience of it. What I would look for? I think I would prefer a green planet over one that is mostly water or sand. I like the thought of living in the jungle, as I like heat rather than cold and green planets are usually warmer, at least that's how I see it.

As for the danger, like I said above, there are a billion ways to die here on Terra(Earth) so I just dont see any difference. I most likely will die one day anyway, why not experience what my forefathers only dreamt about.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Agarta because: RRRRRRrrrr Spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I would stay.

I would stay and encourage certain types of people to leave.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Personally, no. I would not take the ARK.

A captain goes down with his ship, even if it is Earth.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I would go in a heart beat and already know exactly who I would take and who would be left behind...

I did say "would" right... ok... good...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

The state of the technology -
I would want to know the tech that we run has failsafe guidance systems. Tested.
We would have had to establish contingency plans for our contingency plans for me to even consider stepping foot on an ARK.

The reason Obama shut down Nasa was because they were already testing the new technology, and had created a ship that could easily traverse space with little energy and in a much safer way than trying to fly through an atmosphere.

The state of society -
If it's complete anarchy or mass extinction then I would have no choice.
If a scientific endeavour or government experiment I would decline unless I had a specific duty to fufil.

The banks have failed and there is nothing but debt and no money left. all of the ATMs have shut down.

The state of the planet -
The Earth's decay wouldn't be a sudden occurance.
If there was room for improvement, I wouldn't hesitate in staying behind.

Monsanto has accidentally sprayed way too much Round Up and killed off everything but corn and soybeans

I wouldn't be worried about crashing.

I would be worried about oxygen, water, gravity, radiation, home sickness, insanity.

Your particular ship is equipped with a real time direct link to ATS.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I would go if my few loved ones go with me.....chance of a lifetime....I don't think I could resist finding out what's beyond our solar system....knowing my family they would, except my husband...he has no sense of adventure...might have to leave him behind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join