It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of ARKS are leaving earth, should you jump?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

For your honesty you would get a ship with an extra large viewing window. It will also be equipped with the newest Skype version 11.0 so you could Skype with your earthbound hubby for the first three weeks. After that he will have grown old and gone. For your journey maybe you should make a stop at all of the suns that have planets just for the exploration aspect of it. For every day that you stay awake checking out a system, the other ships have sailed for a thousand years and when you catch up, they would have had a thousand years to create their civilizations. With any luck the other ships that didn't dally would have already established populated planets and you could just hop around vacationing all of them while you are still young.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli

I suppose if they need me that bad.

I'd reconsider if I were a Commander or in a position of some type of authority.
Simply for the same reason I prefer to drive over being a passenger in a car.
If something happens, i'd prefer control of the anticipation and preparations.
But on 'my' ship everyone would be trained to be a Commander in their own right.
Autonomous leadership would be necessary on a ship of that nature. Everyone would have very specific roles related to specific needs of the ship. The rest would be run on some kind of Space GPS computer programming.

I would go if I was part of the process from day 1.

Living in space would be such a shock to the body and mind.

Imagine looking out the solid metal plated windscreen only to see an endless black void and the few white dots slowly fading by..

Or the technology shock of looking into high defintion maps of space, galaxies, planets, asteroids, black holes.
Having to navigate through unknown territory to come across anything, or anyone. I'M DOWN!

edit on 11-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I love earth too much to not go and see the universe if the opportunity safely presented itself,i am in love with the shape and colors of this planet, meaning there are probably some unexplainable prizes to be found out there in deep space rivaling her beauty that just cant be passed up.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Nice to see your finally on board, we could use more people with your hesitation and foresight. I used to give canopy tours in Alaska. We would get these young daredevil types that had no fear, and therefore had no fun. Some of the ones with a little healthy fear got a lot more out of the experience. The hardest part would surely not be the traveling but it would be in the surviving on the new planet. Any new place would have all of it's own challenges and pitfalls that you would have to overcome. Thanks for stopping by, you'll make a great captain.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
Nice to see your finally on board, we could use more people with your hesitation and foresight. I used to give canopy tours in Alaska. We would get these young daredevil types that had no fear, and therefore had no fun. Some of the ones with a little healthy fear got a lot more out of the experience.

The hardest part would surely not be the traveling but it would be in the surviving on the new planet. Any new place would have all of it's own challenges and pitfalls that you would have to overcome. Thanks for stopping by, you'll make a great captain.

Once supercomputers start acheiving greater power, capabilities and eventual awareness of some kind,
I think a lot of the exo-plantery analyzing will be left in their hands.
This computer would have hubble zoom, infrared, xray, thermal access,
I imagine for map creation it could find an optimal base location.
And remote control of all kinds of drones etc..
to find and build the necessary components to a human compatible structure.

it wouldn't be possible without advanced state of the art supercomputers.
they would need to be running all kinds of systems.

edit on 11-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

What are hell are you saying?are you drunk?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I would be tempted but i owe this Planet big time so i think i would stay. Now easier said than done, should such an offer arises just before a cataclysmic event... You never know your deep true nature until you are confronted with extreme situations. In my case... i hope i know.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Interesting question!!

I honestly don’t know the answer... Guess it would depend on a few things... The state of the planet (is it really that bad?) the age of my kids, and my faith in the ships (Arks)

The other thing that would come into play is my fear of space. Space is massive beyond comprehension. So many thing to go wrong... honestly don’t know the answer but underneath all that fear would be a huge chunk of curiosity and excitement of the potential of such an expedition.

Aliens would not be a concern though...

Knowing my luck i would land on a planet that already had another Ark on it and end up an argument over land rights. Then one side would start producing weapons and so we would start producing weapons. We would start to industrialise, to get ahead, and start a massive breeding programme due to fear of being overrun by the "enemy" This would start to cause pollution and damage the environment and then.... Well, you all know that story!

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I am going to yawn at the title.
And say, sure they are jumping ship?
You really believe that?

I don't.

Maybe if you read more than just the title you would be in a better position to judge the thread?

To judge a thread on just the title has made you look at bit silly... particularly as you have gotten the whole premise of the thread wrong.

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Part of me says. "Don't let the door hit ya on the @$$ on the way out."

But the other half says, "This could be cool and a whole new adventure!"

I guess that once given the actual option, I'll have to think about it then.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
there was an old TV series "Starlost" starring Kier Dulleah from 2001 a space Odyssey fame
it was about living after an apocalyptic event which occurred
ON THE ARK

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Going off of your title "Thousands of ARKS are leaving earth, should you jump?" Where is your proof or at least provide a creditable source proving thousands of ARKS are leaving earth?

Who is manning the ticket booth? I might want to buy a few tickets.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Planet searching is a rather irksome way of exploring.

It is much easier to die naturally here, then be born into any lifeform, on any planet of your choosing , for your next life experience.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Who is manning the ticket booth? I might want to buy a few tickets.
reply to post by KnightFire

Of course, I am... But there are no tickets. Whether you leave or no depends on how I take your answers. As you can tell from the previous replies, there are a good amount of folks that would not consider it unless the circumstances are dire, which they are not, yet. But this brings me to a point that I was thinking about when I started the discussion. I have a four year old daughter. Now that I have her, it makes me think twice about sticking around to face the consequences that we are surely going to face. If it was just me I might be more likely to stick around and enjoy the ride...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Neither

I would scrap the ARK idea, instead I propose we build another habitable moon/artificial satellite orbiting earth, just like we done in my last planet, we have 6 of artificial moon, all inhabited and the mother earth exclusively for governmental, educational, flora fauna and recreational.

I sort of miss my previous planet, sort of, this one sucks, nobody love where they stood, sad state really.

Add
------------------
2 rotating stationary and 4 orbiting geosync, and yes I miss life there, we have little land mass - (Australia size only!) and thats all we got, and thats why we had to love it.
edit on 11-6-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Good scenario. I would absolutely jump at a chance like that. I know that this Earth is headed toward disaster one day (even if its a million or billion years away) so if such opportunity ever came up to see such a thing and experience what a human never thought capable of, of course.

I think that as a human being your mission is to grow and to gather as much intellect as possible for the next journey of your soul.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

In the event of a cataclysm of such epic proportions as would force mankind to choose death by fire, or life in the frozen depths of space, I would choose the space option. But enough with this damn fool colonising of other worlds. If you are telling me that a space craft would be built with an environment that could be provided in which human beings could sleep for extended periods in some form of suspended animation, then that suggests that the craft would be proof against all the problems that current science has with things like:

Long term exposure to zero gravity conditions:
Causes declines in bone density, and changes to the operation of organs in the body over time.

Exposure to cosmic rays:
Most current space craft have no real independant defense against solar radiation, and cosmic rays and so on. These can cause cancer, and other, immune related issues.

FTL travel etc:
Currently impossible, and yet is the only propulsion type which could see a craft visit any where NEAR a million systems, let alone a million worlds (assuming that not every star system has habitable worlds). Nothing else in imagination could come close to the speed required to see a single craft get anywhere near that level of mileage.

If all above issues have been solved, then I would much rather never SEE a world again, apart from as a passing awareness, as the craft slams along as fast as photons, with me standing right there looking out of the windows, or alternatively using the external observation cameras to watch the stars cannon past at improbable velocity. I would much rather be an explorer, than a resident.
edit on 11-6-2012 by TrueBrit because: grammar issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by marg5

Planet searching is a rather irksome way of exploring. It is much easier to die naturally here, then be born into any lifeform, on any planet of your choosing , for your next life experience.

Is that how you got to earth? I am looking for a way to extend the lifespan of our species and a few good memories during this life time. It may be irksome, or it may be exciting, awe inspiring and slightly dangerous, much like sailing on the ocean was for early explorers. Who knows? Good luck with your reincarnation, I would be interested in learning your take on this idea sometime. Perhaps that is exactly the same onearhat I had for this thread, only with a slightly more "instant" and lonely type of travel...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This thread kind of reminds me of a recent British TV Show called "Outcasts" ...

It only went one season, but it was pretty good. It's about Humans on a new planet they colonized after WW3 on Earth.

People arrive in transports on the new planet ...... and of course some of the people on the transports are sociopath maniacs who want to control everything.

I would stay and fight for Earth.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If a very huge event occurs that prohibits the planet from substaining life in any great amount, then there will be countless ARKS leaving, but the occupants will be spirit/soul, and the grouping would be a frequency match, to the level of love and equality we have in our hearts and can demonstrate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join