It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Droopy pants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Droopy pants: Cool,or COVER UP YOUR BUM!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
there are many styles i do not personally like or appreciate.... yet, I must point out, for being a freedom loving American, you appear awfully desirous of restricting the freedoms of others...

and you all say Islam is limiting...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have noticed that there is a certain style where some people do wear their pants (on purpose) to where they appear to always be falling off of their body.

I personally do not like this style and I really cannot understand why anyone would.

Can anyone please explain this to me?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
there are many styles i do not personally like or appreciate.... yet, I must point out, for being a freedom loving American, you appear awfully desirous of restricting the freedoms of others...

I dont think he was advocating restricting anyone's freedoms. Seems to me that he was offering his opinion and distaste of people that wore their pants at the bottom of their asses and I concur.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

PULL YER PANTS UP! Fashion is a curious thing is it not? They can't all think that look is good can they?

I bet plenty are just towing the line like good little peers. They must get a cold bum in winter

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My cousin wears his pants like that and I can not figure out why. It doesn't even look comfortable... So my vote goes to "Cover up your bum!"

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I just want to know how they keep their pants from falling down to their ankles! And the way they walk while they are trying to keep them hitched up! Aah, it's a mystery!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I have noticed that there is a certain style where some people do wear their pants (on purpose) to where they appear to always be falling off of their body.

I personally do not like this style and I really cannot understand why anyone would.

Have you not seen the price of diapers lately?? I think it is a great thing that they are using 1 diaper per week instead of 1 or 2 every day!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The janitor at my highschool was a cool older black guy who used to run a prison ministry type thing. He always told us that sagging pants like that was a sign to other inmates that you are DTF. He didn't use that language, but that's the idea. I always thought it was just some boogyman type thing, but I've heard it other places since then.
Kinda funny.

Anyway, I think it's just a fashion trend that will hopefully go out of style very soon. It doesn't really effect me since I just ignore it, but I agree it looks pretty stupid.
I rest assured that in time people will look back and feel utterly foolish for buying into this fad.

I'm strongly considering selling boxers that have a big red monkey butt on them.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51
I just want to know how they keep their pants from falling down to their ankles! And the way they walk while they are trying to keep them hitched up! Aah, it's a mystery!

Pssss, hey, shhhhh, wanna make some money? I can't sew so I'll give out this gazzillion dollar idea: take some jeans, cut off the back end and sew underwear onto it. That way the pants will be all the way up, and bums will be all the way out. Then sell them for $200 a pair. You'll be rich!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Says the member with the name OPINIONATEDB !

I would ask what the B stands for, but your responses have revealed this quite clearly. But that's okay. If I were of your gender I would be called that too.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm with you on that.
Cover it up! I've had the unfortunate "view" of seeing one of those guys trip.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Says the member with the name OPINIONATEDB !

I would ask what the B stands for, but your responses have revealed this quite clearly. But that's okay. If I were of your gender I would be called that too.

The B can be for either gender

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I went to an educational conference once, the topic was recognizing gang signs in schools. The presenter told us that in prison, wearing droopy pants was a sign that the prisoner was "available" sexually. The saggy pants became a symbol for doing time, thus a status symbol among young gang members. Things evolved from there.

I have no idea if that's how the trend started or not, but I think it's now just a fashion thing with the youth of today. I remember the "it" hairstyle when I was in high school was big hair. We eventually moved on, I think this fashion trend will, too.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I dont think he was advocating restricting anyone's freedoms. Seems to me that he was offering his opinion and distaste of people that wore their pants at the bottom of their asses and I concur.

So, enforcement is the only difference... we both appear to be disgusted with having to be forced to look upon publically the bodies of others....

again.... little difference here....we both agree modesty is a good thing
edit on 10-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

So, enforcement is the only difference... we both appear to be disgusted with having to be forced to look upon publically the bodies of others.... again.... little difference here....we both agree modesty is a good thing

Not a fan of the low riding baggy pant look, and I agree modesty is a good thing.

But, my generation had its share of revealing clothing as well.

Miniskirts, tiny bikinis, short shorts...were all considered immodest and much too revealing by many.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

So, enforcement is the only difference... we both appear to be disgusted with having to be forced to look upon publically the bodies of others....

again.... little difference here....we both agree modesty is a good thing
edit on 10-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Of course. I wouldn't want anyone arrested for piercing their face. Ummm, wait?????? No, I don't. HA!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by OpinionatedB

So, enforcement is the only difference... we both appear to be disgusted with having to be forced to look upon publically the bodies of others.... again.... little difference here....we both agree modesty is a good thing

Not a fan of the low riding baggy pant look, and I agree modesty is a good thing.

But, my generation had its share of revealing clothing as well.

Miniskirts, tiny bikinis, short shorts...were all considered immodest and much too revealing by many.

What? When did these skimpy items go out of stye? I want them back because I'm old and I have earned the right to be a dirty old man!

I do remember when koolots became popular (shorts that only look like skirts), and I thought it was the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Never said they went out of style, just that each generation seems to have brought some fashion that has been seen as too revealing to others.

Don't worry, you're still be free to be a "dirty ol man"

Miniskirts and short shorts are still going strong.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Shoe me your ass and I must just show you mine. Droopy pants are flat out disrespectful. I fire any employee I have ever had the second I see his shorts a'rising and his pants a'falling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join