It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Droopy pants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Cover up your bum, is my vote. I understand the whole "freedom to express one's self", but this is a freedom limited to offending others. Elsewise I could just go around nude everywhere. I mean, I'm just expressing myself, right?

See, while it's fine to express yourself, it's not cool to expose yourself, and that's what the problem really boils down to. If the only way you can find individuality is by offending other people then IMHO you should take a look in the mirror and make a self-assessment check. In society, to succeed, there are rules. You can't show up to work drunk, no matter how much that expresses who you are. You can't show up with your pants at your knees.

Now if you're hanging out with your friends, and they are tolerant of it, then sure bro, sag away. I don't agree with it, but that's your free time. Still, my personal opinion is already stated above on such things. But this is america, you're free to make an ass of yourself if you want. (a little joke there, I hope ya'll enjoyed it.)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
The janitor at my highschool was a cool older black guy who used to run a prison ministry type thing. He always told us that sagging pants like that was a sign to other inmates that you are DTF. He didn't use that language, but that's the idea. I always thought it was just some boogyman type thing, but I've heard it other places since then.
Kinda funny.

Anyway, I think it's just a fashion trend that will hopefully go out of style very soon. It doesn't really effect me since I just ignore it, but I agree it looks pretty stupid.
I rest assured that in time people will look back and feel utterly foolish for buying into this fad.

I'm strongly considering selling boxers that have a big red monkey butt on them.

I don't consider it offensive, I just don't think it is attractive either, and it honestly just looks uncomfortable, to me. I mean, really, if you are walking around in your skivies with your jeans supposedly secured around your lower hip/upper thigh area, doesn't it cause at least some discomfort in trying to keep them from falling all the way down around your ankles?

Anyway, I quoted the poster above because I am curious... So, what does "DTF" mean?

Thanks in advance...

P.S. The "monkey butt" boxers are not a bad idea... There is "anti monkey butt powder", so why not? I bet it would sell... Monkey butt

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Down to F...
Usually used thus: "yo, bro, did you see linda's skirt?" "Totally dude. I heard she's DTF"

Yeah it doesn't look comfortable at all. I always wear a belt because I hate having to constantly make sure my pants stay where they are supposed to be.

It's funny seeing "thugs" waddle around the mall with one hand at their hip constantly making sure their pants dont fall down.
edit on 6/10/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

So, those guys who are "sagging" are trying to indicate they are "DTF", given the explanation above (thank you for filling in the vernacular!) LOL... I would imagine we could assume that simply from their age, rank and serial number... (i.e. who isn't full of hormones in their teens and early twenties?)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join