It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Completely unconvinced that you are able to do so is more like it....I'm not the jealous type.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Annee

Complex sexual behavior is appropriate discussion/learning material for kindergartners, really?

You think they actually discuss sex???? No sweetie, they discuss different kinds of families, not the sexual acts that they participate in

....did you have a teacher that talked to you about penises and vaginas when you were 10??? If so, then you were a victim of a pervert!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Completely unconvinced that you are able to do so is more like it....I'm not the jealous type.

I disagree... but, to each his/her own I guess....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Again, children are not stupid. They will ask questions, perhaps be quite confused and need to have more clarification. For some children this will go against what their families want them to learn and discuss.

How cute of you to bring up penises and vagina's though. That kind of discussion is more appropriate for older kids, generally around the age of 9 or 10. Incidentally, the same age as the OP's sister. Simply shocking that a tweener is capable of understanding the complexities of human sexuality, but is apparently not old enough to discuss and understand other complex information..

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Close, on the statue of liberty, but it's a replica of the Babylon goddess of justice, Shamash. (Why in the world do we "admire" a idol of justice?) but true, still a sun god.

But it's good to teach a young one the realities of this world, in fact, better to teach truth.

This isn't ramming or tricking a child into a certain way of thinking. This is telling a truth and the child is repeating the truth.

So a child getting suspended for telling the truth? Well, great! Just shows on how much they are TRAINING children lie than tell the truth.

Schools are for soldiers, and they want to DRILL you into thinking a certain way.

Their motto? No more Free thinking!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by Annee

Complex sexual behavior is appropriate discussion/learning material for kindergartners, really?

You think they actually discuss sex???? No sweetie, they discuss different kinds of families, not the sexual acts that they participate in

....did you have a teacher that talked to you about penises and vaginas when you were 10??? If so, then you were a victim of a pervert!!!

Um... all kids have human sexuality taught at school at that age. Genitals and how they change with maturation are most definitely a part of the curriculum. Many girls are menstruating by the age of 10.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I just can't understand what kyviecaldges is saying...I must be stupid or intentionally skim reading it, I don't know, I just can't understand a single bit of it.

You all going too deep with this, it's getting lame now. Conspiracy theories are not for children, it's as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I tend to stick to the side of children instead of bitter educators. I'm sure a young girl has a million better things to do with her life than waste time finding out ways to get digs at a teacher.
edit on 10-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

AGAIN - - - only anti-gay advocates focus on and are obsessed with gay sex.

Sexual behavior would be Fetishes - - - which straight people participate fully in.

I love how you completely ignore the information I provided in regards to "different or mixed families" - - - and went straight to the "sex" again.

You've got a problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shoeshiner

The focus on conspiracy theories is the problem here. It is not about conspiracy theories, but rather about teaching children from a very young age to question things. Teaching them not to just take what someone says at face value without looking into it for themselves. Do you want to raise a sheep, or someone who is aware?

For example this.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

AGAIN - - - only anti-gay advocates focus on and are obsessed with gay sex.

Sexual behavior would be Fetishes - - - which straight people participate fully in.

I love how you completely ignore the information I provided in regards to "different or mixed families" - - - and went straight to the "sex" again.

You've got a problem.

No I don't have a problem. I just don't agree with you.

I am for gay rights 100%

I am against classroom indoctrination of any kind. I don't want religion or prayer in the classroom either. Human sexuality is fine at an appropriate age, but not moral values. Let families teach moral values.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What's really sad - - is they are apparently showing the same film I saw in 7th grade in 1959.

They're still showing the film about diseases. And the response is the same: They say: "Ewwww! Gross" - - and care for about 5 seconds.

Why aren't they teaching them that LUST (pheromones) are a natural chemical reaction to make you attracted to each other - - in order to propagate the species.

That LUST is Not LOVE - - - you know - - something really important and useful.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I am against classroom indoctrination of any kind. I don't want religion or prayer in the classroom either. Human sexuality is fine at an appropriate age, but not moral values. Let families teach moral values.

So you'd rather have kids bullied because they have a "different family".

Then kids to understand "family" can be anyone who cares - - loves - - and nurtures you and your growth.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Again, children are not stupid.

again.... some are....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Um... all kids have human sexuality taught at school at that age. Genitals and how they change with maturation are most definitely a part of the curriculum. Many girls are menstruating by the age of 10.

Yes, they teach them about their own genitals, but not where to stick what ... THAT would be inappropriate

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner
I just can't understand what kyviecaldges is saying...I must be stupid or intentionally skim reading it, I don't know, I just can't understand a single bit of it.

You all going too deep with this, it's getting lame now. Conspiracy theories are not for children, it's as simple as that.

yeah, I tried to explain to her that nobody is going to bother with her if she kept that up, but she just got mad and stomped away

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by Furbs

I tend to stick to the side of children instead of bitter educators. I'm a young girl has a million better things to do with her life than waste time finding out ways to get digs at a teacher.

nah, she's just in early training for middle school, that's all those girls do

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The focus on conspiracy theories is the problem here. It is not about conspiracy theories, but rather about teaching children from a very young age to question things. Teaching them not to just take what someone says at face value without looking into it for themselves. Do you want to raise a sheep, or someone who is aware?

For example this.

We are talking of a 6-10 year old girl, who is being exposed to complex conspiracies not many adults even understand. She does not have the ability to critically analyze what she is being told. She will believe it without contesting it. I don't think it is wise to throw her into your deep-end. A child is a child.

If you saw my earlier post you will see that I mention there are other ways to help her have an open mind and question things in a good manner, if that was achieved, she wouldn't be suspended and I wouldn't be typing this.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

For example this.

nah, if that were the case, it would be in the education forum
....of course she probably better learn about the PLU stickers as she'll be a cashier at WalMart if she doesn't concentrate more on her education and less on conspiracy theories
edit on 10-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

What's really sad - - is they are apparently showing the same film I saw in 7th grade in 1959.

They're still showing the film about diseases. And the response is the same: They say: "Ewwww! Gross" - - and care for about 5 seconds.

Why aren't they teaching them that LUST (pheromones) are a natural chemical reaction to make you attracted to each other - - in order to propagate the species.

That LUST is Not LOVE - - - you know - - something really important and useful.

I know that some Biology classes around here have discussed it, but I don't know to what detail... I agree that it definitely needs to be differentiated!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join