It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I have not changed my views once. Not once in this thread or on this board.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If you had any children you would know that this happens all the time. Friends, siblings, kids they meet on the playground will teach them all kinds of things.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I have personally raised three gifted children. I have a college education. I have been very involved.

What was your major and how many classes did you take pertaining to human growth and development?
With an education, you should be able to handle the information presented here based on reseach: plato.stanford.edu...

going to school doesnt teach you to raise children

raising children teaches you to raise children. your own way with your own values, and keeping other people ideas out of it.

That's definitely one of the reasons kids are so screwed up these days

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Kids in middle school understand exactly where the "banana" is to be inserted. They even understand why it is important to wrap the banana.

10 years old is 5th grade, that's still elementary

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well here in Illinois my 11 year old grand daughter that is 5' 90 pounds, and prettier than many of the Hollywood stars (getting curves to on her long legged, thin body) hasn't a clue........................not a clue on how a girl gets pregnant.

I just taught her two weeks before her period that she was going to get one.

We have on cable right now three programs on teenage motherhood................we are aborting thousands of babies every day.

The shorts in Kmart (Khol's, Macy's........heck all over) are way too sort!!!!

Our TV and movie programs are not child appropriate, even the ones that say they are - they carry an underlying message of casual sex is cool, dressing like a little tart is cool, well you girls show your butt crack, your butt cheeks, your breasts and sorry but yes men and boys are going to get it up.

It's called a Xrick teaser...................and I'm not a prude.

A woman can dress feminine, sexy but not like a whore and expect not to be approached like one.

You dress like "I want it" you're gonna get it.

Not saying to put the veil on our girls / women - but there is MODERATION.

I feel for men now.

It's like being on a diet, having to loose 50 pounds and someone puts your favorite food right smack in front of you and tells you "now look but you can't touch!"...........some friend.

Something is wrong when you have a society where 49% of the marriages end up in divorce.
Way too many babies are born without even a father around.
Kids are exposed to adult frap way before they can emotionally handle it.
and we stress sexual pleasure, self gratification before and above social responsibility.

We have become a service to self society and at that point the civilization usually begins to fall apart.

I say you have the little buggers watch a woman go through labor with no pain meds
Get up and watch a new born that can't sleep through the night for a month all while having a 9-5 job or school.
Work at a back breaking job for $hit wages
and show them exactly how NOT TO GET PREGNANT in clear simple films.

One last thing..................what ever happened to getting to know someone first before shagging them?????

We've turned something sacred like sex into a casual selfish sport.

It's always the babies that suffer from two people that are ill equipped to handle parent hood.

Smart people plan ahead...........dumb people just don't plan their life out, they just go with the flow.

I always told my sons, you play - you pay.

And fellas, you may think having a kid is nothing, but once you hold that baby in your arms and realize he/she is a mini me - and then mom wants to take off and leave you and not allow you access to your child, you and your parents will learn what heart ache is really about.

Family is family.
edit on 10-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner

reply to post by shoeshiner

She is not a 6-10 year old.

She is a 10 year old. Plenty old enough for complex critical thought.

She has been exposed to these conspiracies from the age of 6 to 10.

No, 10 year olds are not capable of complex critical thinking, many adults arn't even capable of it. I'm not saying they are dumb. You get smart children but there is a reason they are "children".

Leave the child to be a child, and by all means shape her to develop critical thinking, but don't throw a 10 year old in a deep-end many adults don't want to get in and where many others drown.

Exactly! People want to raise a fuss over basic sex ed, but think it's just fine to fill their heads with garbage that causes anxiety, rebellion and possible suicide... crazy stuff!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Help us please oh nanny state. We need the government to raise our children. Someone on the internet doesn't agree with our values, because THEY know better.

No wonder we are in the state we are in... tyranny is so hip.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We would not have sex education in public school if there had not been a need for it.

There is a reason that it is taught in public school.

The ignorance of sexual intercourse with young girls back in the 50s - - - prompted the need to make sure every girl/boy knew exactly how and where babies come from.

There was no sex on TV. There was no internet.

There were teachers who put their hand in front of the camera immediately after a couple started to kiss.

Many - many - many girls thought they got pregnant from kissing. Because they had no access to real knowledge of sex and the sexual act that resulted in pregnancy.

Anyone that still spouts - - "It's the parent's responsibility" - - - Get Real!

link   

How many children do you have? How old are they?

Nice try, I don't need to have offspring to see how not to raise them. If this is how you are going to come at me then I wont even bother wasting my time on you.

link   

How many children do you have? How old are they?

I have 63 of them ranging from 1 to 28, and all of them are gifted, I raised them all by myself..... just as credible as your claim

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

No and I never said that I did.

I have a problem with people teaching inappropriate things to kindergartners.

No - - you are backtracking.

I have a problem with government usurping the rights of parents to teach moral values as they see fit. I am distinguishing between moral values and age appropriate sexual education. You stated I have an issue that I do not have. I just do not agree with you,.

Now you are just making excuses.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

For one thing, she keeps switching between kingergarten, middle school and back to 5th grade...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Kids in middle school understand exactly where the "banana" is to be inserted. They even understand why it is important to wrap the banana.

When my granddaughter was 9 - - she asked me: "Is gay when a boy likes a boy and when a girl likes a girl?"

I said "Yes". She said: "Oh!" - - - and ran outside to play. That's how much it mattered.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Help us please oh nanny state. We need the government to raise our children. Someone on the internet doesn't agree with our values, because THEY know better.

No wonder we are in the state we are in... tyranny is so hip.

yeah, but it has to be done with the psychos out there that don't know how to raise their kids because they're kids themselves....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges

Originally posted by Furbs

That may be her intention, but it doesn't seem to be the result. What she appears to be teaching the student is how to get suspended from school for being inappropriate. If you want to teach a child to think, teach them how to think. Give them those tools.

The OP is simply filling the child's head with a contrary set of information to what she is being taught in school without the tools needed to make a judgement on which set of information is correct. This can often result in what is know as cognitive dissonance when two people she trusts to have the correct information are giving her conflicting accounts of reality. It will hinder her ability to trust and learn, much of like what happened with the OP herself.

these statements appear a bit presumptuous, in my opinion.

In what way?

using the measures of socially appropriate or socially acceptable to judge a belief's validity seem to directly contradict the idea of learning.
we do NOT attend school to learn what to think, but we attend in order to learn how to think.

Are you actually able to understand what it is I am saying? Reread my posts and then reread how you responded to me. I believe you will see that I am saying the same exact thing.

learning should be self-directed, not enforced by status quo.
although children do tend to adopt an older model's opinions and beliefs without quantification, the young lady in question could possess substantial opinions based on long circular thought processes.

Which is why I send my children to Montessori school.

we only have information about the OP, not the young lady who was punished for stating her beliefs.

Actually, the OP has posted quite a bit of information about both herself and her sister on the internet. It was only a few google searches before I was able to find more about both. I am expressly forbidden to disclose that information on ATS, however, there are plenty of clues to what I am speaking about scattered throughout the OP.

suspending a child from school....
taking away a child's ability to educate themselves simply because they dare to speak a minorty belief is much more detrimental to a child's cognitive development than the behavior of the OP.

What belief did she dare speak? It was a jab in a get well card. The intention was clear.

although both situations certainly rob the child from developing a personalized belief, which can effect development of healthy self-esteem...
the condemning actions of the teacher and administrators are much more likely to reinforce dysfunctional reactions and perceptions toward both authority figures and social institutions.

Only if her parents do not agree with the school, which it sounds like they do. The OP is the one on the outside looking in.

this process is called transfer.

you are correct.
the OP seems to be giving the young lady contrary information to the status quo while not teaching the critical thinking skills that are necessary to question the status quo.
however... the teacher is demonstrating the EXACT same behavior while also using punishment to modify a "socially inappropriate" behavior.

Please link me to your information on the teacher's lesson plans and what she is teaching in the classroom. I seemed to have missed that part.

this type of logic is highly flawed because the teacher is not only teaching the child by using absolutes, but the teacher has the ability to punish the child as a means to facilitate cooperative behaviors.

Your logic is missing a few parts, like mentioned above.

i read earlier that someone made the comment that the child was out of line.
the child's comment was seen as a sarcastic response to the teacher's perception of history.

this is equally ludicrous.

the child should be praised for having the courage to express a contrary opinion.

The child should not be praised for continuing to berate a teacher for no other reason than to simply cause stress. She was not expressing an opinion, she was being overly confrontational. She wasn't defending a principle, she was merely poking at a point of contention.

ultimately, it is the teacher who is responsible for teaching the young lady critical thinking skills.
it is NOT the responsibility of the sibling to do this.

I think it is ultimately the parents' responsibility to teach their children critical thinking skills.

both the amount and degree of criticism being aimed at the OP in this thread are un-necessary and without merit.

As is your opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

When my granddaughter was 9 - - she asked me: "Is gay when a boy likes a boy and when a girl likes a girl?"

I said "Yes". She said: "Oh!" - - - and ran outside to play. That's how much it mattered.

Good for her!! Kids could care less about those things. It's when the adults force their ideas and hatreds onto them that it becomes a problem

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

No, 10 year olds are not capable of complex critical thinking, many adults arn't even capable of it. I'm not saying they are dumb. You get smart children but there is a reason they are "children".

Leave the child to be a child, and by all means shape her to develop critical thinking, but don't throw a 10 year old in a deep-end many adults don't want to get in and where many others drown.

You don't know or understand the depth of critical thinking a 10 year old is capable of, I do... Yes there is NO substitute for experience in this regard. Get back to me when you have experienced a variety of 10 year olds.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You don't know or understand the depth of critical thinking a 10 year old is capable of, I do... Yes there is NO substitute for experience in this regard. Get back to me when you have experienced a variety of 10 year olds.

ummmm actually, the other poster should be saying that to you, or some other poster should be anyway.... just sayin

...ya'll are getting kind of boring, I'll give you time to catch up and come back later

edit on 10-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Good reply.

Usually we bump heads but I had two women in my office (upper class, college educated, white collar suburban office) that both had two girls age 15 pregnant.

And this office and the two women live in a very nice area..........we're not talking inner city, it's worse there, I know because I work at a homeless shelter twice a month.

Hollywood is promoting this frap, heck the shorts at Walmart this Saturday were designed to show butt cheeks.

tops are designed to show belly................we're dressing our little girls like whores.

And I'm not saying to put them in a veil but MODERATION.

Yes men and boys should control themselves but now come on - to what extent. The reason humans have clothes is because without them we would not get much work done.

My problem is I have a grand daughter that is tall, thin and getting curvier by the second........and she's got a pretty head of hair and face to boot.

Even dressed modestly, we can't walk in a mall, shop, bowling, street, etc where the boys and young men don't turn and watch her walk. And no she doesn't wiggle, jiggle or flirt, she's not even a dozen years out of diapers yet.

I need to wear my tee shirt from Road Kill: GAGD: Grandmothers against Grand daughters dating. Shoot the first one and word will spread.
and carry a steel baseball bat.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If you knew how to use the forum and go back to the posts I am responding to you would see that each of my posts makes sense in the context of who I am responding to. Most message boards don't like you to constantly use the quote bar and add too much unnecessarily repetitive dialogue into a discussion.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
OP got grounded from the internet for putting BS into lil kids heads.... shame shame shame.....

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join