It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Annee

Well here in Illinois my 11 year old grand daughter that is 5' 90 pounds, and prettier than many of the Hollywood stars (getting curves to on her long legged, thin body) hasn't a clue........................not a clue on how a girl gets pregnant.

That's sad. Sorry to hear it.

Our TV and movie programs are not child appropriate, even the ones that say they are

Disney is the worst. Those teen shows from Disney - - - throw every thing women have fought for these last 40 years (intelligence - independence - self worth - etc) right out the window into the garbage. They're all about appearance - the right clothes - the "IN" group - - - and getting the right guy. Ugh!

I always told my sons, you play - you pay.

My 18 year old grandson got the same message. He is still a virgin.

My granddaughter looks very much like Dakota Fanning - - only her father is Ethnic - - so she has darker coloring - - but huge green eyes.

Each year we tell her she is going to be that age for an entire year - - then we'll discuss what new freedoms she gets for the next year.

She is 12 now. And she will be 12 until she is 13. We started this when she was younger - - so she knows not to push too hard to grow up faster.

Family is family.

Yes it is. No matter what mix that family is.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?,

...or for failing to conform? Thats what the battle is about isn't it? To go along with the curriculum like everyone else? The lesson plans are dictated by the teacher in a class room setting where all the children sit in a grid of same looking desks facing front. There is the teachers desk and behind that the all powerful blackboard.

I am not talking about all teachers and schools, just the majority of mass public school in the big cities where most of the children are.

Everyone must be on time. They must sit and face front to the authority. They will learn the basics but are also being taught to schedule their existence, to adapt to the curriculum and not ask to many searching questions. There they will see the flag (a bit of colored cloth) every day. They will see the "globe" or maps with borders and colors. They will be pressed to be all the same, not an individual. They will take breaks and naps and lunch and all study the same thing. But most of all they will do these things together.

People use the word sheep or "sheeple" all the time. Guess where the training to be just one of the herd comes from?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

But thats not a dig. There is nothing inappropriate about what she wrote. Only the old and bitter would find that anything but acceptable.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by PurpleChiten

If you knew how to use the forum and go back to the posts I am responding to you would see that each of my posts makes sense in the context of who I am responding to. Most message boards don't like you to constantly use the quote bar and add too much unnecessarily repetitive dialogue into a discussion.

Yet they are not grouped with the post you are responding to, so it is neccesary to give some indication of what it is that you are replying to... especially since there are more than three people posting

edit on 10-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Chiten, Two of my sister in laws are teachers and my best girlfriend is one as well.

Teachers are told what to teach.

They are told exactly what they may and may not say.

In my opinion, many of your replies on this thread show you are not well read, nor have researched this subject very deeply.

There is a propaganda agenda at work here and you just don't see it.

I would suggest you read that book I suggested before you comment further.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

All you have to do is click on the poster's name in the post. Really it is quite simple.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Although it may be more effective to have a one on one environment, that's not possible, therefore, they have to be taught in groups. The situation you decribed is outdated and no longer the norm.... and blackboards aren't used anymore btw.... it's been a looooooonnnnngggggg time since you were in school hasn't it?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

All you have to do is click on the poster's name in the post. Really it is quite simple.

Nah, my way is better because I know more than you....I'm also better looking!!

(reflection)

link   

reply to post by Phage

If you had any children you would know that this happens all the time. Friends, siblings, kids they meet on the playground will teach them all kinds of things.

I have a child. I know it happens. I also know that I, as the parent, should trump those other influences or at least be able to put those influences in context for my child. Do you think a teenaged sibling should usurp the rights of the parents?
edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Yet they are not grouped with the post you are responding to, so it is neccesary to give some indication of what it is that you are replying to... especially since there are more than three people posting

Yes - - she is all over the place.

Its an interesting tactic.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Chiten, Two of my sister in laws are teachers and my best girlfriend is one as well.

Teachers are told what to teach.

They are told exactly what they may and may not say.

In my opinion, many of your replies on this thread show you are not well read, nor have researched this subject very deeply.

There is a propaganda agenda at work here and you just don't see it.

I would suggest you read that book I suggested before you comment further.

Nope, it just shows that your family and friends work in a very bad system

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That would depend entirely on the situation. Sometimes they have better and more thoughtful ideas about what they are experiencing than I could ever imagine. I learn as much from them as I teach them.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

That would depend entirely on the situation. Sometimes they have better and more thoughtful ideas about what they are experiencing than I could ever imagine. I learn as much from them as I teach them.

I imagine so.....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Wow, now nefarious tactics are being attributed to me and my posting. Really learn how to use the forum. It is quite simple. You should have zero difficulty in ascertaining which posts I am responding to.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner

reply to post by shoeshiner

She is not a 6-10 year old.

She is a 10 year old. Plenty old enough for complex critical thought.

She has been exposed to these conspiracies from the age of 6 to 10.

No, 10 year olds are not capable of complex critical thinking, many adults arn't even capable of it. I'm not saying they are dumb. You get smart children but there is a reason they are "children".

Leave the child to be a child, and by all means shape her to develop critical thinking, but don't throw a 10 year old in a deep-end many adults don't want to get in and where many others drown.

You don't know or understand the depth of critical thinking a 10 year old is capable of, I do... Yes there is NO substitute for experience in this regard. Get back to me when you have experienced a variety of 10 year olds.

Still trying to discredit me? For all we know you could have failed badly as a parent. I don't need to act a child to debate with one

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Good reply................ahhh we're training our little darlings to be good little corporate drones.

We get what we pay for.

We put all our money into the military and zip into social and educational services.

The elite are training their young how the few control the many.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

That would depend entirely on the situation.

And of course, you know exactly what this situation is. Because the OP has explained it to us. All sides. In an unbiased manner. You, like she, have taken sides against the teacher because of what she represents to you. You, like she, have no idea what the actual situation is. You have no idea of what disruption the young sister may have been causing in the classroom. She has only her sister's version of what has occurred. You have only her version of that version. Yet, you insist that she is in the right and that it's fine to tell her young sister that paganism is evil because the scriptures say so. That people that think differently are evil because the scriptures say so.

According to you she has the right to do so. In the name of keeping an "open mind".
edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Wow, now nefarious tactics are being attributed to me and my posting. Really learn how to use the forum. It is quite simple. You should have zero difficulty in ascertaining which posts I am responding to.

no, you really are all over the place, just as Annee said.... whether you realize it or not

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner
Still trying to discredit me? For all we know you could have failed badly as a parent. I don't need to act a child to debate with one

yeah.... my guess is : high school dropout, three different baby-daddies and doesn't have a clue what's going on.... just from reading the posts of course

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by intrptr

Although it may be more effective to have a one on one environment, that's not possible, therefore, they have to be taught in groups. The situation you decribed is outdated and no longer the norm.... and blackboards aren't used anymore btw.... it's been a looooooonnnnngggggg time since you were in school hasn't it?

They may not be using the same aids anymore, but my post stands. If any thing the demand to conform is even stronger today than it was in my time. And like I said, it doesn't apply to all schools or teachers...

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join