It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
See, and here's the funny thing... she didn't actually give a particular conspiracy theory this time.

My little sister, who is ten years old, has been learning about all conspiracies since about four years ago, when I started learning about them and teaching her, when I was about 14. So, she's been learning them since about age 6 or 7, roughly. Occasionally, in class, someone will bring up the statue of liberty, she she'll inform them about how the statue was built by Freemasons, and how it looks like the Roman sun God. Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad). I also frequently inform her about how parts of the modern American Christian customs are Pagan and based on sun and moon worship, and she will explain to my mamaw and other relatives how Easter is evil, and Christmas is unholy (I got a lot of heat from my family for putting that stuff in her head, not that I care).

And eventually, her teacher flat-out told her that she will "Find who ever is telling her these conspiracies, and never let her speak to them again" (I think she was under the impression that someone in her class was telling her these things, possibly). And, I told them... "Bring it on. I'd like to see you try to separate us. Go ahead and try." Never heard from her again.

Then, recently, my little sister's teacher caught a flu, and had to stay home. Everyone in my sister's class was making get-well cards for the teacher, and they were all sent to the teacher's home.

Here's the interesting part. The last line of the poem was "Conspiracies to do, so I'll see you."

When her teacher returned to school, she took the card and complained to one of the principals. They told her it was "extremely inappropriate" and she was suspended for a day.

Edit; The full poem is this;

"Good luck with your flu,
we miss you,
conspiracies to do,
so I'll see you"

What the hell do you call that?
edit on 9-6-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: I wanted to add something. Get off my back.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's called the teacher had a way to get at her finally, and took it.

+74 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad).

I agree with her teacher.

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

you need to have a talk with the principle, your sister didn't do a LALALAING thing wrong, and it makes my blood boil, my heart seething with white hot rage, that this smug, lemon sucking prude of a teacher has it out for your very intelligent little sister who actually knows how to ask questions, ask "why" and "how" and wants to learn.

this teacher should be ashamed of themselves and has no right to terrorize and single out your sister because she has a more open mind than them.

there is TOO much of this "teachers messing with kids"

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad).

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

i know what your trying to say, but i could not possibly disagree stronger.

the teacher is obviously trying to stifle and snuff out the young sisters imagination and potential for intellectual growth.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

how do u knwo she doesnt understand or cant reason it out?

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'll respectfully disagree.

See, I was never told anything when I was younger, and it twisted my world ten ways to sunday when I found out. I'd rather my sister not have that shock effect. I also don't believe that children simply "can't comprehend" these things. Perhaps they can't understand all the complexities of them yet, but she understands better than half the people my own age I attempt to educate. I can have a more intelligent conversation with my sister than I can most other people.

And, I'll continue to educate her as I learn more.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is kind of hilarious..

But at the same time I can't help but think that it might be a little inappropriate, you're not teaching her about the really scary things are you? Could be too much of a burden for someone so young.. but who am I to judge, it's your sister.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

the last line of the poem was "Conspiracies to do, so I'll see you."

Haha, what the hell is that supposed to mean? She has conspiracies to commit? And why is that sentence worth suspending a child over? I don't really see how it's that inappropriate... unless the teacher took it to mean she was sick because of some sort of conspiracy committed by your sister?!?
edit on 9-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Right on. Agreed 100%.

The only problem is, my father's side of the family isn't exactly always on good terms with me, and they're the ones who my bro and sis live with, meaning they're the ones involved with the school, and they've set it up to where I can't talk to the people at their school anymore. I'm "not allowed" :/

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You have to stomp on that little flame of "difference" before the child grows up....

As far as "just repeating what she is told"? The school has her doing the same thing. Only with things that the government "DEEMS" appropriate. Therein lies the difference and to big brother it is a HUGE difference.

Anybody displaying free willed thinking in the public school system is going to find it continually hard to do so as time goes on. My daughter has 4 years left and I can only hope that we can make it that long without too many issues arising.

She should not have been suspended. But the school has the power to do what they want with little to no repercussions... Their ball field... their rules. It's just the way it is. Hopefully she will find a few teachers along the way that will not deem free thinking an act deserving of suspension.

edit on 6/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   

Then, recently, my little sister's teacher caught a flu, and had to stay home. Everyone in my sister's class was making get-well cards for the teacher, and they were all sent to the teacher's home.

Here's the interesting part. My sister wrote a poem on her card, and I can't remember the whole thing, but the last line of the poem was "Conspiracies to do, so I'll see you."

When her teacher returned to school, she took the card and complained to one of the principals. They told her it was "extremely inappropriate" and she was suspended for a day.

What the hell do you call that?

I call it someone who is conspiracy minded seeing wrong doing where there may not be any. Your sister wrote a poem that was "extremely inappropriate" and was suspended. You, being paranoid, don't take into consideration that it could be anything other than the part that you expect is offensive.

I would be interested in knowing what the rest of the poem said.

link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think she meant "Conspiracies to learn" or "Get involved with," but she probrably couldn't find anything to rhyme that with :/

link   

reply to post by Annee

I'll respectfully disagree.

See, I was never told anything when I was younger, and it twisted my world ten ways to sunday when I found out. I'd rather my sister not have that shock effect. I also don't believe that children simply "can't comprehend" these things. Perhaps they can't understand all the complexities of them yet, but she understands better than half the people my own age I attempt to educate. I can have a more intelligent conversation with my sister than I can most other people.

And, I'll continue to educate her as I learn more.

THANK YOUUUUUU

sometimes i try to talk to friends or make small talk, and people just don't get it.

they just can't seem to wrap their tiny close minded heads around the possibility of there even BEING the possibility that things MIGHT not be the way they seem.

they just say "Noooooo thats crazy, Your crazy, you shouldn't say things like that"

they go as far as to Defend and oppose my theory, instead of considering it, thinking about it, and agreeing to disagree, while still leaving the thought in their mind as a possible "yes or no"

they just say no and block it, like they can't handle it, or even consider it at all.

its a good thing to open peoples minds sooner, so they are not closed forever.

peace.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Using that flawed logic, the argument can be made that ANYTHING her little sister is taught she is just repeating. How do you know she is just repeating? It sounds to me if she was just repeating what her sister told her that the teacher could 'straighten her out' real quick by confusing her with HER version of the story.

I think teacher feels threatened and doesn't want to educate, just do the status quo. Sad indeed.

Edit to add: after I posted, then there were all these replies essentially saying the same thing as I. Ooh well, the more the merrier. Also, I think the line on her poem probably meant that she had conspiracies to learn and solve.
edit on 6/9/2012 by Miss Sile because: added thought

edit on 6/10/2012 by Miss Sile because: changed brother to sister, didn't know.

edit on 6/10/2012 by Miss Sile because: another sex change

link   
reply to post by Furbs

Simply because I think doesn't make me "paranoid." My step mother called me and told me (pretty aggressively and vulgarly) that the teacher had a problem with the "Conspiracies in her poem" and cussed me up and down for it. There were only two other lines to the poem, and I can't remember them exactly, but they only had to do with "getting well soon." ... There really wouldn't be anything to the poem other than that. It was on a get-well card.

link   

reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think she meant "Conspiracies to learn" or "Get involved with," but she probrably couldn't find anything to rhyme that with :/

Yes I assumed that's what she meant... but either way I can't see how that sentence is worth suspending someone over, seems a little extreme to me. Why would the teacher get so upset over that sentence and why would the teacher find is so inappropriate? It just doesn't make sense to me, I have a strong feeling there's something to this story which we are not being told...

link   

It's kind of hard to make a judgement on what happened without the full context of the poem. Maybe somehow it was worded to have different meanings to different people. Just a thought.

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

(I got a lot of heat from my family for putting that stuff in her head, not that I care).

Well maybe you should. If she's too young to know when to keep things to herself, she's too young for you to be teaching her this stuff. If her guardian(s) disagree with what you're teaching you should stop. You sound incredibly immature, your sister is getting in trouble at school, and I think you told us this story to get accolades from conspiracy theorists because you're young and vain.

Teach her when she's older. You sound like an ultra conservative parent bitching that the school is uncomfortable with their child preaching in the classroom.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Right on. Agreed 100%.

The only problem is, my father's side of the family isn't exactly always on good terms with me, and they're the ones who my bro and sis live with, meaning they're the ones involved with the school, and they've set it up to where I can't talk to the people at their school anymore. I'm "not allowed" :/

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wooooooowwwwwwwwwww............

typical ignorance at its finest.

but i haven't met you, or any of your family, so i don't know whats really going on.

but my suggestion would be to stay good friends with your brother and sister, so that when they "grow up"

or whatever that stupid term is supposed to mean (or brain wash )

lol..

my point is stay friends with them so that when their parents can't tell them what to do, you can see them again and speak freely with them, without any limitations from oppressive parents or tyrannical school system personnel.

peace.

and don't forget to be a good person, (don't be a creep lol)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join