It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The second oldest and younger ones do, my thyroid went out during the pregnancies and the last 4 had speech, motor problems, 2 requiring even occupational therapy. One normalized on his own, he grew out of it, we still have to see what will happen with the youngest that way, as he is nearing that age.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
looks like ur little sis got a free day off of school.

DUDE, HIGH FIVE.

this is truly alternate thinking.

teacher thinks she is punishing OP's intelligent sisters that probably enjoys talking about interesting topics and theories, in actuality giving her a day off.

OP's sister = ultimate Trolololo

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad).

I agree with her teacher.

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

Pretty much that. The same criticism the OP probably has towards Christianity indoctrinating youth is the same thing you're doing to a 7 year old but it's conspiracy tinged. "Well it's the truth", the truth shouldn't distract from someone's nature, and at 7 you're doing that.

link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm not indoctrinating her by any means, I find that insulting.

I questioned my teachers when I was in school, and got hassle for it all the same. The only difference is that my sister is aware of certain may-or-may-not be theories that I wasn't. Yes, I teach her to have an open mind. She is not a paranoid psychopath. She plays with other kids outside, does her homework, plays online, draws stories, pretty much everything I did as a child. There is nothing wrong with her.

Also, everyone, my sister hasn't fallen asleep yet, so I'm gonna go speak with her for a moment, and see if I can get the few lines of the poem that I don't remember. I'll post the full poem on the opening thread in a few minutes if she remembers it, or happens to have the card here at our mother's house.

link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

i don't think some chit chat about "dude i think like, the government, is totally against us, probably" is going to hurt anybody lol.

Well she was suspended. That's not good. I would call it harmful. Even hurtful. So OP spews his conspiracy theories at a little girl, she in turn spews them at school, gets suspended and we blame the teacher.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

I just want her to know all the possibilities. I'm not brainwashing her.

I teach her to pray every day, I don't have anything against Christianity. I was only speaking of the modern customs that some people believe are Christian, that actually aren't. Not the religion itself.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Ohh. I see.

So because I don't believe everything I read in a textbook, I'm anti-intellectual. Very open mind you've got there.

I don't believe in "Textbook paranoia" ... because it came from a textbook.

You clearly said your problem was the source of the information, the textbook. You weren't implying that you were discriminating, you clearly indicated your distrust of textbooks on principle.

My story hasn't changed. I'm breaking down different pieces of the story because you keep focusing on a fraction of the story that I've already explained. I was told that "Conspiracy stuff in her poem" got her suspended. That's the point.

Here's the interesting part. My sister wrote a poem on her card, and I can't remember the whole thing, but the last line of the poem was "Conspiracies to do, so I'll see you."

There were only two other lines to the poem, and I can't remember them exactly, but they only had to do with "getting well soon."

The poem was shorter than a Haiku. I remembered more than half of it. Do the math :/

How long is this poem? 3 lines or shorter than a Haiku?

You are grasping at straws because you don't know what the rest of the poem is and want to keep the focus on what you THINK is the problem.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

it sounds like OP simply shares their opinion with their sister, and talks to her about things they "think might or might not be true"

Really?

My little sister, who is ten years old, has been learning about all conspiracies since about four years ago, when I started learning about them and teaching her, when I was about 14. So, she's been learning them since about age 6 or 7, roughly.

Where's the "might be true" come into it?

i think we all know that magical moment in childhood when your uncle says

" you know the Ferris wheel is actually powered by underpants gnomes "

you know its not true, but for one magical moment...

"REALLY????"

edit on 9-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
My kids are all being taught the truth too. And I bring it up with any of the meetings with the teachers due to their apraxia, I've had, and found quite a wealth of awareness in the teachers as to the state of the world.

First, I am sorry to hear about the apraxia.

I also wanted to to point out what you said about some of the teachers. That's what I was speaking of in the first post about hoping she would run into a few of these. There are still MANY teachers out there who are amazing. I had 2 when I was in school and even went back to see them a few times after I was out of school. Many teachers still teach free thinking, diverse discussions, real life problem solving, etc. on top of the regular subject matter. These are the teachers that students remember for a lifetime and if one is blessed to have at least one like that, they are indeed fortunate.

Parents, like you who take the time to meet and greet can often stop problems before they start if they can feel where you stand and know that you will be involved.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

reply to post by Furbs

I don't believe in "Textbook paranoia" ... because it came from a textbook. Who knows who wrote it. (Yeah, call me paranoid. I know it
)

Thank you for proving my point. Anti-Intellectual on top of paranoia, a good mix.

Lol... this coming from a guy who has a thread called "The World Of Hogwarts Is Real".

Psychology is a game of guess work with very little experimental confirmation. If one persons brain doesn't work the same as the "majority" we assume it must be "broken" and doesn't work properly. Paranoia is subjective, it really depends on how much one knows about the world, because there are a lot of things to be paranoid about. The ignorant live in bliss because they don't know enough.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

psychopath

I never said she was a psychopath. Why would I? Why does everyone think psychopath is interchangeable with unsavory or bad? At least you didn't say sociopath.

I'm not saying she's not a normal girl, or that questioning is wrong. My teachers always loved/hated me because I was a relentless pain in the ass when I didn't agree with them. I worry that you are teaching her conspiracy theories, that she shouldn't really be worried about right now (flame war) and that she is being disruptive and annoying. Like the crazy ultra orthodox Christian kids that threw a fit if evolution was brought up. Dude, she's young.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

i don't think some chit chat about "dude i think like, the government, is totally against us, probably" is going to hurt anybody lol.

Well she was suspended. That's not good. I would call it harmful. Even hurtful. So OP spews his conspiracy theories at a little girl, she in turn spews them at school, gets suspended and we blame the teacher.

again, your blaming the wrong people!

the teacher is wrong for punishing her for making a poem, and the school is wrong for agreeing with the teacher and suspending her.

OP nor sister did anything wrong, its society that is messed up.

its harmful when people can't talk about or even mention "conspiracy" in a poem without getting suspended, and it makes me want to throw up.

peace.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If you're going to be teaching things to people, especially on the weird/alternative/conspiracy side, at least make it relevant. Knowing that the masons built the Statue of Liberty isn't going to do anything useful.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I was only speaking of the modern customs that some people believe are Christian, that actually aren't
Ok. What about this:

Easter is evil, and Christmas is unholy

That's not exactly the same as saying "The christmas tree isn't really a Christian custom and the Easter Bunny has nothing to do with Easter." You are indoctrinating her with your belief system. You believe Easter is evil. You believe Christmas is unholy.

edit on 6/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Ohh. I see.

So because I don't believe everything I read in a textbook, I'm anti-intellectual. Very open mind you've got there.

I don't believe in "Textbook paranoia" ... because it came from a textbook.

You clearly said your problem was the source of the information, the textbook. You weren't implying that you were discriminating, you clearly indicated your distrust of textbooks on principle.

My story hasn't changed. I'm breaking down different pieces of the story because you keep focusing on a fraction of the story that I've already explained. I was told that "Conspiracy stuff in her poem" got her suspended. That's the point.

Here's the interesting part. My sister wrote a poem on her card, and I can't remember the whole thing, but the last line of the poem was "Conspiracies to do, so I'll see you."

There were only two other lines to the poem, and I can't remember them exactly, but they only had to do with "getting well soon."

The poem was shorter than a Haiku. I remembered more than half of it. Do the math :/

How long is this poem? 3 lines or shorter than a Haiku?

You are grasping at straws because you don't know what the rest of the poem is and want to keep the focus on what you THINK is the problem.

can we please keep these gigantic strings of technicality based arguing to a minimum?

to be honest, NONE of this " you said, BUT YOU SAID, YOU GRASP STRAWS RAGE RAGE" means anything at all.

this stuff is insignificant, and everybody is just going to start fighting!

not sure if trolling, or serious, but whatever.

lets agree that we don't know what the poem contained and be done with it.

peace.

link   
I also just remembered that this was a get well card for the teacher who was sick???

If all that is said is true, what a nasty repayment of that little kindness?

link   
reply to post by Domo1

First of all, I'm a girl

Secondly, since when is practicing my right to free speech and educating my sister on things I believe is important just "spewing conspiracies around?" I'm not blaming the teacher completely. I just think she's a close minded *****.

I've told my sister to share what I've taught her in school, and just to be careful how far she takes it.

She did nothing wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I've always really admired many of the teachers I've met, and remember of course from school. Thought the world of some of them, not to mention my father was a teacher, my uncle left a physics position to become a teacher, my aunt was a teacher, and I have cousins as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It obviously goes deeper than that.
We know one side of the whole story. And even that is second hand.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

reply to post by Furbs

I don't believe in "Textbook paranoia" ... because it came from a textbook. Who knows who wrote it. (Yeah, call me paranoid. I know it
)

Thank you for proving my point. Anti-Intellectual on top of paranoia, a good mix.

Lol... this coming from a guy who has a thread called "The World Of Hogwarts Is Real".

Psychology is a game of guess work with very little experimental confirmation. If one persons brain doesn't work the same as the "majority" we assume it must be "broken" and doesn't work properly. Paranoia is subjective, it really depends on how much one knows about the world, because there are a lot of things to be paranoid about. The ignorant live in bliss because they don't know enough.

Look up what rhetorical metaphor means, and then read my thread on Hogwarts. You might just have a different understanding of ATS.

Paranoia is subjective. The more I read from the OP, the firmer my opinion of her level of paranoia becomes.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join