It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News - Wales flooding: Major rescue under way after flooding

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Citybig

without neigbours there would be no england...

to turn a cold shoulder in times of trouble, is to get one in times of trouble.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

www.walesonline.co.uk...

Simply read the comments section and educate yourself as to why I couldn't possibly care any less about the welsh or what happens to them/their country.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

OK. This is where we're at.

We have English moderators here, American, Portuguese and probably from many other nations that I don't know about. They all have a heart as is evidenced by their many posts, threads and other discourses on this forum. You've apparently alerted posts, and since then, the only posts that have been removed have been yours, and posts that directly responded to yours. You have zero stars, every other responder on this thread has at least one star if not more.

In your limited world view what do you think this could possibly mean? You have seen other ENGLISH posters respond to this thread and also your sad and pathetic attempt to derail it and deny help to people in need yet still you persist? (I won't mention the possibly racist or nationalist tint to your arguments)

Are you just a heartless bastard? I ask this with all respect and dignity.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

It really wouldnt be a smart move rebuiliding in an are that constantly floods without taking proper precautions

Just relocate somewhere else

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Citybig

OK. This is where we're at.

We have English moderators here, American, Portuguese and probably from many other nations that I don't know about. They all have a heart as is evidenced by their many posts, threads and other discourses on this forum. You've apparently alerted posts, and since then, the only posts that have been removed have been yours, and posts that directly responded to yours. You have zero stars, every other responder on this thread has at least one star if not more.

In your limited world view what do you think this could possibly mean? You have seen other ENGLISH posters respond to this thread and also your sad and pathetic attempt to derail it and deny help to people in need yet still you persist? (I won't mention the possibly racist or nationalist tint to your arguments)

Are you just a heartless bastard? I ask this with all respect and dignity.

It means I couldn't care less for superflous opinions and fluff such as your post, and that people don't like to face up to the uncomfortable truths that exist. I don't care for stars, stars are an expression of opinion and I do not care for opinions.

You ask if I am heartless, absolutely. Why should I show heart to a group of people who openly dispise us?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Look, this is off topic, but you seem to be making out that a couple of Assembly members comments represent the wider Welsh view. They were quickly rounded on by many within Wales as being idiots, don't make out like the whole of Wales was up in arms about it, when in actual fact most probably didn't even know.

Anyway, if you feel that strongly about it, start a thread where we can all discuss it properly and not derail this one. People's homes and lives have been turned upside down by a deluge of rain as a result of a summer storm. Have some sympathy.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Damn. It's windy down here in south-east England, but that's about the worst of it. Best wishes to you people in Wales.

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by welshbeliever
im welsh not english !
theres more than one country in england , check out a map ;-)
edit on 9-6-2012 by welshbeliever because: sp

Clearly not enough of our tax money is spent on education in Wales, the point I was making is that me, as an Englishman, will be footing the bill for the damage to Wales, just like we foot the bills for every perk the Scottish and Welsh exctract from their national assemblies funded by us.

National insurance. We've got one. They've got one. Be quiet and deal with it.

This is the kind of thing that tax money SHOULD actually be going towards. You know -- helping British citizens.
edit on 9/6/12 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

As some one already said. When we had to fight the queens family (Germany) The taffs were in the front line along side the jocks and paddys. Remember Rourks drift? They were taffys that held the day, I think the english officer did a bunk with the flag. I think more victoria crosses were won that day than any where else.
The english are invaders to these (celtic) islands. Angles Saxons Normans ect.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
Damn. It's windy down here in south-east England, but that's about the worst of it. Best wishes to you people in Wales.

Originally posted by welshbeliever
im welsh not english !
theres more than one country in england , check out a map ;-)
edit on 9-6-2012 by welshbeliever because: sp

Clearly not enough of our tax money is spent on education in Wales, the point I was making is that me, as an Englishman, will be footing the bill for the damage to Wales, just like we foot the bills for every perk the Scottish and Welsh exctract from their national assemblies funded by us.

National insurance. We've got one. They've got one. Be quiet and deal with it.

This is the kind of thing that tax money SHOULD actually be going towards. You know -- helping British citizens.
edit on 9/6/12 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

Britain doesn't exist outside of the borders of England. I'm not sure if you are aware of that, everyone else has reverted back to their own nations, yet some deluded people still try to convince themselves that we are one nation.

Let the Welsh tax the Welsh to fix Wales.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I think you mean superfluous but that aside the point you seem to be missing by as much as several barn lengths at least, is that some of us here do care for the unnecessary suffering (meaning it can be prevented or at least diminished by the simple use of machinery and equipment such as rescue helicopters that are just sitting there doing nothing) that these people trapped will experience if people do nothing.

But enough. A pointless off-topic post that will not, seemingly, change your opinions of what it is like to be in need of serious help. I hope you never find yourself in that same situation.
edit on 9/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

I think you mean superfluous but that aside the point you seem to be missing by as much as several bar lengths at least, is that some of us here do care for the unnecessary suffering (meaning it can be prevented or at least diminished by the simple use of machinery and equipment such as rescue helicopters that is just sitting there doing nothing) that these people trapped will experience if people do nothing.

But enough. A pointless off-topic post that will not, seemingly, change your opinions of what it is like to be in need of serious help. I hope you never find yourself in that same situation.

We are in need of serious help. We are a small nation surrounded by hostile nations, suffering abuse and racism from all sides and the people just sit there and take it. Most have been brainwashed to assume that it is good natured too.

I'm not the one missing the point either, the point I am making here is that we as a nation are too quick to aid those who hate our country and people to their very core, and you are completely validating it!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

We are in need of serious help. We are a small nation surrounded by hostile nations, suffering abuse and racism from all sides and the people just sit there and take it. Most have been brainwashed to assume that it is good natured too.

I'm not the one missing the point either, the point I am making here is that we as a nation are too quick to aid those who hate our country and people to their very core, and you are completely validating it!

"You" are indeed in need of serious personal help.

A small nation? Ever seen Holland? 17 million people in a water-logged country.
I forget to mention, on one side there's Germans, on the other there's Belgians. Scared already?

As a well-developed and advanced nation, why would you not help out a friend in need? Hmm?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

"You" are indeed in need of serious personal help.

A small nation? Ever seen Holland? 17 million people in a water-logged country.
I forget to mention, on one side there's Germans, on the other there's Belgians. Scared already?

As a well-developed and advanced nation, why would you not help out a friend in need? Hmm?

It's funny because here we are having a discussion, and you and your cohorts are all using personal insults and slurs, yet you claim I need the help.

Holland is not the topic of debate, so let's remain on topic, shall we?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
you would of thought with all the rain we get here that we'd have sorted the problems of a few inches of rain as its not unusual to find it raining here in the british isles but since we keep messing with with the rivers/drainage its probably not happening

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
All of the below is off topic, but also woefully inaccurate, so I hope the mods see this as a correction...

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
As some one already said. When we had to fight the queens family (Germany) The taffs were in the front line along side the jocks and paddys.

The Queen isn't any more German than you or I. Only idiots think this. The last Monarch to be born outside the UK and to speak German was George II, some 250 odd years ago. If you are saying the Queen is German, then you are saying I am Irish, as I have Irish ancestors going back that far. It is also worth noting that the House of Hanover only ascended the throne because of the Act of Settlement which excluded over 50 people higher in the line of succession. Of course, you knew this...

Remember Rourks drift? They were taffys that held the day, I think the english officer did a bunk with the flag. I think more victoria crosses were won that day than any where else.

What? The Regiment at Rourkes Drift was elements of the 2nd Battalion, 24th Regiment. You are probably confused as this regiment changed it's name in 1881 (after Rourkes Drift) to the South Wales Borderers, but the 2nd Battalion was from Warwickshire. They were also accompanied by significant numbers of Native Natal soldiers.

And no, the "English" officer didn't do a runner. Lt John Chard was born in Plymouth and Lt Gonville Bromhead was born in Versailles. Both were awarded the VC.

The english are invaders to these (celtic) islands. Angles Saxons Normans ect.

Again, total ignorance of any of the available facts. Firstly, the islands were not Celtic. The Celts themselves originated in central Europe and migrated here, as did many others over time. The Anglo Saxons never numbered more than a few thousands and didn't replace the population. In fact, genetics studies show that 69% of the present UK population has genetic links to the first inhabitants found in the UK, meaning any of the "invaders" merely replaced the top ruling class and interbred with everyone else.

I think you have an agenda though, hence the tone and delivery of your "facts".

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

WOW....What a selfish SOB....that remark is soo lame it is incredible.....people are losing property...possibly lives....and this is all you can come up with...OMG.

I think you need to settle back into the dark ages and maybe if your area floods and you lose your home maybe you might need a welsh rescue I am neither English or Welsh....but i am human first....so why not take your hate and go grow some brains,,,because you show how ignorant you really are.....this is a sad day for these people...and that is all there is to it.

Also if it is only money you care about why not go get it from the same bankers who actually has raped the world...instead of blaming the wrong people.....you have shown your racist ....you have shown your ignorant...you have shown you have not one spec of compassion.....live with your hate ....and take it to the grave with you so it cannot be spread further.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Britain doesn't exist outside of the borders of England. I'm not sure if you are aware of that, everyone else has reverted back to their own nations, yet some deluded people still try to convince themselves that we are one nation.

Let the Welsh tax the Welsh to fix Wales.

You cant argue with that and maybee you can understand the hostility in these tough times

I have got some good friends who are welsh and live in wales (swansea) the banter can get really messy
(Banter Alert for the PC Brigade )but that is probably just down to the way they talk

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by Citybig

WOW....What a selfish SOB....that remark is soo lame it is incredible.....people are losing property...possibly lives....and this is all you can come up with...OMG.

Nobody has died, the only damage done was to a few cardboard trailers. Now who is maiking lame comments?

I think you need to settle back into the dark ages and maybe if your area floods and you lose your home maybe you might need a welsh rescue I am neither English or Welsh....but i am human first....so why not take your hate and go grow some brains,,,because you show how ignorant you really are.....this is a sad day for these people...and that is all there is to it.

Funny because we were in a position, and we did ask the Welsh, and they abused us, mocked us, and made us feel bad for the audacity of needing water during a drought. Why don't you talk to the Welsh about their racist and selfish behaviour? Is it only racist when its the English defending England?

Also if it is only money you care about why not go get it from the same bankers who actually has raped the world...instead of blaming the wrong people.....you have shown your racist ....you have shown your ignorant...you have shown you have not one spec of compassion.....live with your hate ....and take it to the grave with you so it cannot be spread further.

What a stupid and pointless paragraph. The only money I care about is our English tax money being spent outside of England. How dare I be so racist as to want to see England use Englands tax money on England?

Like I said, the Welsh showed us no compassion or care, so I refuse to do the same. I'll ask you again, this question is to all of you who rebuke me, why do you never bring the Welsh up on their racism? Why is it only racist when the English are looking out for England?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

ATTENTION!!!!

The topic is the Wales flood.
Please limit your remarks to things concerning that event.

You are responsible for your own posts.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Could we please leave the politics out of this disaster?
This is a Fragile Earth topic after all

This is the final warning.
Thread to be closed to let members read this.

Infractions following the reopening will be removed, with the possibility of temporary Posting Bans and permanent thread closure.

reopened.
edit on Sat Jun 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Weather has been really awful for past few days.. I really hope those people will get out ok.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So do I. We have been very lucky here on the East Coast. Thank you

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join