It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News - Wales flooding: Major rescue under way after flooding

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

If you carry around this chip on your shoulder , your gong to live a pretty miserable and angry life.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by welshbeliever
reply to post by Citybig

so how much do you pay for carrier bags in england? oh thats right nothing.
i think we welsh do enough when it comes to money.

oh and this thread is about the floods in wales not how great supposidly england is.

old saying around here is.. if you aint got anything good to say..shut the fcuk up lol ;-)

So how much do you pay for prescriptions? Nothing. How much do you pay for university in Scotland? Nothing. What you make up in paying for carrier bags is nearly instantly mooted by your consumption of financial resources.

So you;'re mad about the Welsh taking money from the english. As Its affecting you so badly, why dont you stop paying taxes hmm?
Or alternatively, write to the home office and demand that the Welsh (and Scottish and Irish) stop being funded by the english.
Or as a further alternative, you could just leave the country?

Oh whats that? These suggestions are rediculous and nothing will ever come of it? Then apply the same logic to your comments. Nothing will come of them, you're welcome to your opinions of course, but they are as empty and shallow as the suggestions I made.
How about you stop complaining about the Welsh, Irish and Scots, and concentrate on the issue at hand mmmkay?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I'm really not interested in what you think of my comments, I'm going to keep pointing out the blatant biases that exist within this situation and you will just have to move on or accept them. I will not be silenced by anti English racists and fascists.

So you certainly wont mind in that case if we take the same stance by those who are Anti Welsh, Irish or Scots racists and fascists?
We will all agree to disagree, yes?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Oh I totally agree.
In Monty Python style I give you, "What did the Welsh ever do for us?"

"Well, apart from...."
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
UK is being punished for sponsoring islamofascists to kill people in Syria,Middle east and Chechyna.

Karma is a bitch.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I'm really not interested in what you think of my comments, I'm going to keep pointing out the blatant biases that exist within this situation and you will just have to move on or accept them. I will not be silenced by anti English racists and fascists.

Dude, there is a time and a place to point out problems with devolution and the unfair hand dealt the English, but this thread is not it and, in actual fact, your attitude makes the English out to be pompous idiots.

I am a supporter of English devolution as well, but I wouldn't begrudge "English" tax money being used to help in an emergency, nor anything else for that matter (provided the other nationalists don't then bleet on about how evil the English are or how we stolen their oil............).. The problem is not with the Welsh or Scots, but the English not having the balls to have their own voice and demand the same things as are afforded to the devolved parliaments..

Anyway, this is a bad situation, but I did get some mild comic relief from a comment on the BBC article which said that "an inland lifeboat crew had to be rescued by a helicopter"... Makes you wonder what was wrong with the lifeboat!
edit on 9/6/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I can't believe the amount of vitriol and negativity this thread has let loose.
Most Welsh folks have English relatives,and vice versa...
We are neighbours in the same island for crying out loud.

Grow up,and learn to get on with people-you may find they are not as bad as you thought.

Honestly-if we can't even get on with our nieghbours-what hope do with have in the wider world???

Sorry for the off topic,and my heart goes out to those in mid Wales who have suffered in this unexpected flood.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well Im blaming the hose pipe ban. If people had of used their hose pipes, then the flood would not have been so bad

Its strange weather non the less. Hope that every one is safe and that the waters subside soon enough. .

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

i agree with you silcone
"Honestly-if we can't even get on with our nieghbours-what hope do with have in the wider world??? "
i for one am ready to travel beyond
no more borders , no more hate peace and love
i just wish that would come into reality
maybe in my kid's life time but clearly not mine

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

The topic is the Wales flood.
Please limit your remarks to things concerning that event.

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Dude, there is a time and a place to point out problems with devolution and the unfair hand dealt the English, but this thread is not it and, in actual fact, your attitude makes the English out to be pompous idiots.

I am a supporter of English devolution as well, but I wouldn't begrudge "English" tax money being used to help in an emergency, nor anything else for that matter (provided the other nationalists don't then bleet on about how evil the English are or how we stolen their oil............).. The problem is not with the Welsh or Scots, but the English not having the balls to have their own voice and demand the same things as are afforded to the devolved parliaments..

Anyway, this is a bad situation, but I did get some mild comic relief from a comment on the BBC article which said that "

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. When the mere mention of the idea that the welsh might have to ship some water to support us during the predicted drought, there was quite litteral outrage and disgust and scorn at this idea, now when the welsh are in a position, we are expected to come to the aid of them on white horses.

Bollocks to that.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have some friends that live in North Wales and when ever I visit them we go for a pint in the local. Of course when we enter the pub, every one starts to speak welsh. The english are not well liked there. My friend has had many fights with them. He is from yorkshire and is a history buff. So when ever they start all the welsh bollocks he tells them the truth and they dont like it. They are for ever going on about how the english forbid them to speak welsh. My mate replied that it was a welsh king that made that law. They didnt like the truth so he ended up fighting with them. He was a sgt in the para reg of the Legion, so he can hold his own. They leave him alone now and as he speaks fluent welsh. Their insults and sneaky smirks no longer work.
But as I said I hope that the floods dont do to much damage and that every one is safe.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Citybig

So, if it was the other way round, you would deny the financial or physical assistance of Welsh people if you were in need?

they sure didn't turn down the help in WW2 when the place was about to be flooded with the queen's cousins, the germans...the welsh and scots prolly sent a few lads to help out then

just sayin

disasters require help
how could anyone deny help to those in need?
edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
I have some friends that live in North Wales and when ever I visit them we go for a pint in the local. Of course when we enter the pub, every one starts to speak welsh. The english are not well liked there. My friend has had many fights with them. He is from yorkshire and is a history buff. So when ever they start all the welsh bollocks he tells them the truth and they dont like it. They are for ever going on about how the english forbid them to speak welsh. My mate replied that it was a welsh king that made that law. They didnt like the truth so he ended up fighting with them. He was a sgt in the para reg of the Legion, so he can hold his own. They leave him alone now and as he speaks fluent welsh. Their insults and sneaky smirks no longer work.
But as I said I hope that the floods dont do to much damage and that every one is safe.

Even more of a reason for us English to refuse to care or show compassion. I'm sick of my nation and its people being abused by our neighbours.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

without neigbours there would be no england...

to turn a cold shoulder in times of trouble, is to get one in times of trouble.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join