It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News - Wales flooding: Major rescue under way after flooding

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

nobody said u had too leave,,, just help,,is all,,

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Sorry dont quite understand? Im still here, not going anywhere. Im just miffed with the crap coming from Citybig! WTF

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Instead of everyone responding to CityBig and maintaining the derailment, how about just ignoring them? If a post has offended you, report it and leave it to the mods. The constant bickering is only causing this thread to fall apart further. Of course, that's just my humble opinion.

I hope things improve soon for the people there, I can't imagine what it would be like.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

Well said, so back on topic. I hope they have the proper emergency plans in place because you know the kind of problems they can have, just look at F.E.M.A during the New Orleans catastrophe, a week to get clean water, wtf. Not comparing Welsh flooding to hurricane katrina. just pointing out that the TPTB can screw up big time.

edit on 9-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
im welsh not english !
theres more than one country in england , check out a map ;-)
edit on 9-6-2012 by welshbeliever because: sp

Aren't cha all EU'ers?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
reply to post by Citybig

so how much do you pay for carrier bags in england? oh thats right nothing.
i think we welsh do enough when it comes to money.

oh and this thread is about the floods in wales not how great supposidly england is.

old saying around here is.. if you aint got anything good to say..shut the fcuk up lol ;-)

BTW, the money from carrier bags actually goes to charity, so it does go to a good cause.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

"Aren't cha all EU'ers? "

Pounds Sterling thank you very much! LoL

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

Man tell me they dont charge you for carrier bags? That gets my goat, i mean i spend £150-£200 in ASDA every 2 weeks, about 15 bags a time, 3p a bag, thats 45p every time you goto ASDA. The thieving monkeys should be carrying my shoping to my car and blowing me in the back seat for £200 a shop. Pay for bags........F**k that! Suppose its ok that it goes to charity though. LoL. Nice to decide which charity for yourself in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

You as a Englishman will be jointly footing the bill with the rest of the English.....Scottish...N Irish and may I add the Welsh... It's how paying taxes in the UK works, we all pay it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
to bad about the flooding and people who are displaced from it , but nothing like a disaster to bring communities together .What a shame this topic has turned about who's tax money goes where . Much like most topics as of late people just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
wow i just read through this thread.
breaking news - Everyone is racist and beleive him/herself superior.
this thread proves the theory that we will destroy our selves, not floods.
and its 5p a bag.

on topic.
flood looks pretty bad, i hope it clears up for them soon.
i remember when we had a flood in brecon, schools didn't even shut down but then all the schools seemed to be uphill.
edit on 9/6/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hope everyone is safe over there. We flood here (Texas) often in the Spring so I feel for ya'll!
Hopefully the animals are okay too. Stay dry friends!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
First hand account from one of the many Englishmen who were affected by the flooding

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by andy06shake

Well Citybig the general consensus seems to imply that indeed you comments have been both racist toward the other member nations of the United Kingdom and toward the handicapable. Not to mention simple minded and stupid to the core! I recommend you apologise and be a better man. It takes a big man to know when he is in the wrong. Something we here in Scotland are all to familiar with. Guess i dont have to prove anything now since you done so yourself mate, enough rope so to speak. Good luck here in the future on ATS. My advice is play nice my friend, you catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar.

I will never, ever apologise for what I said, I stand 100% behind everything. Your attempts to intimidate me have failed, and I will continue to hold and broadcast my views. I would also add you as a respected foe 5 times, but I am not an aggressive person like most of the Unionists I have engaged with here.

No English aid to Wales ever.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Not much happening... come back to me when a dam fails.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hope everyones OK. More to the point from the floods a few years ago I hope insurance companies are going to pay out and not kick up a fuss about it. Good luck to all.

I for one, am happy that my taxes will go to helping those effected (affected?), we are after all, all part of Great Britain, without each other, each country would be worse. I love that all of us are together and I truly hope Scotland and Wales don't leave. There's too many small minded people that think we'd all be better off alone when in reality we all need to stick together. Extending that comment, people the world over need to forgive and forget and as cliche as it sounds 'Lets just be friends!!'. Why so many haters??

Please read the Dalai Lama's quote in my sig.

Good luck again to all those in that area.

chocky - British, and Proud. (and before any of you gob off about the rothschilds or the queen or whatever else, I fought for my country, not for the monarchy, not for the flag, but for the everyday people that put the Great into Great Britain.)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the rain has stoppedd so hopefully those affected by the floods should be able to start drying things out and getting lives back to normal.

The bad news I see Citybig is still spewing out his racist bile. yes that right I said Racist because you are.

As an englishman who lives in wales I pay my taxes the same as everyone else, and its a bloody big tax bill I cam tell you that. Perhaps citybig didnt watch the news reports or the comments that have been put on here, but the vast majority of the people that were being interviewed on the news had distinctly English accents not Welsh so you should be pleased your tax money is going towards helping english people as well as welsh. Ergo stop your bitching!

I dont know where you live citybig but I would recommend at you take a break fromthe computer and go take a look outside. This sceptered Isle that is England isnt England anymore. It is a multicultural society In which english people are rapidly becoming the mimority. If you want reminding of what England used to be like why not come take a trip to one of the many non welsh speaking areas of Wales.

To the OP I apologise for going off topic but after having read the BS that citybig has been putting on here I felt I had to throw my hat into the ring. I ve had a look at some of his other posts and from what I can see he has managed to pixx off americans, english, welsh and australians which leads me to believe that you are nothing but a big fat troll. So why not get under your Bridge have a mug of tea, read the Sun and when youve finished that you can go and enjoy sex with someone you really love namely your self because your posts cleary show what you obviously are. if you need a clue it starts with W and rhymes with Banker.

Have a nice day xx

edit on 10-6-2012 by dragonsrreal because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

but nothing like a disaster to bring communities together

It's shame though we need a disaster to come together, but in most cases it's the truth.
And we never learn.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

No English aid to Wales ever.

But there has been aid, there is aid and there will be aid, for Wales, from England.
Then, now and tomorrow.
Because she is a sister, not to you and your 4 mates, but to us, the United Kingdom.
And like you probably can see, the majority of us think so. So you're officially in the minority with your views, and it'll be a while before your perfect world comes about, and by then you probably wont be here.
Just help your neighbor with the shopping son.
I think the rain stopped over there. That's a good thing isn't it?
Now those families can get back up on their feet fast, with your hard earned cash.
Maybe they can sport canoes, did you see the cars in the flood? Too difficult to ride in that innit?

You know, I once read a nice quote.

"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Wonder if Prince William was one of the helicopter pilots who also assisted?

guess he's not allowed to be KING yet??

???

that i would have watched,,,,and 5678,billoin others,,,

cool,,
opps he didnt did he?

who' is running his press?? big mistake,,
cool beyond , words.

Prince William has official duties still as part of the Jubillee, so he wasn't on duty with No.22 Sq this weekend.

Not quite sure what the rest (or most actually) of you post is dribbling on about though

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join