It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slapped in the Face by ATF Today

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I own many firearms and I have absolutely NO criminal record whatsoever. After spending 8 years of my life actively serving my country in the Marine Corps, the thought that some FED pencil pusher has the authority to prevent me from exercising my 2nd amendment right to legally purchase and possess a firearm makes my blood boil.
reply to post by seabag

GROW UP and stop whining. I absolutely HATE people like you. You bitch and moan over nothing. YOU deserve what they have done to you and personally I am laughing at you here. There are people in YOUR state through no fault of their own are unemployed, hungry with kids to feed and you bring this crap here.....I do hope something terrible befouls you soon.

You actually state you "own many firearms" so don't give everybody the sob story that you are being prevented from exercising your 2nd amendment rights......

If something like that get you this angry maybe a plebeian like you should not have firearms....

What makes my blood boil......weak people...how many firearms do you need......maybe they need to check why you have so many firearms and that you are not storing them for something?????? After all you said you own "MANY" firearms....

Watch know as he tries to defend this by claiming many is only 6 or 7 or some BS.....come on defend your BS to me!!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

The queen has absolutely no power, she's just a figurehead and has been since the times of Oliver Cromwell, even her speeches are written by the Prime Minister. She's just for ceremonial duties and fleecing naive tourists out of their money. You are just exposing your American ignorance and arrogance.

Does your House of Lords exert any political influence over you common serfs over there? According to my 'ignorance' you have 92 people that sit in that body as a result of 'peerage'. It would appear that the rest of the members of that house are appointed. Unelected. They help make those gun laws over there.

Seems like it is still a monarchy to some degree.
edit on 8-6-2012 by butcherguy because: Ignorant and arrogant American had to fix his punctuation.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I would be willing to bet it more than likely because you are a member of this site. Remember the Government has determined that anyone who belongs to a conspiracy site is considered a possible terrorist.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by alfa1

Americans keep saying that they need guns to protect themselves against the government, but lets face it, it'll never happen. Much like the brave keyboard cowboys here on ATS who read about some police related outrage and swear "If that ever happened to me, there'd be a lot less police going home alive that evening."... its all talk.
So, what would you bring to the gunfight, a stick or a steak knife. Does your government 'allow' you to have steak knives?

I hope they don't take away your pencils and make you use crayons. That would suck.

Of course all our Govs. are in the gun business themselves. they even sell to criminals and terrorists as they please...guess that's OK.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by seabag

We are not allowed to own firearms here (in the UK) without a special licence. I just wondered why you had so many, and what you wanted another one for?

I am sure it has been mentioned already but your "upper classes" do keep hand guns I am sure. Only the average citizen will have none.

Pippa Middleton risks jail term for gun stunt in Paris

Kate's sister was with driver who brandished handgun at a paparazzo

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Domo1

It was nuts. My last two were like that. The first of the two took so long I must have circled the shop 20 times and heard all about the owners family and grandkids.

The most recent time I expected it so I went next door to get lunch. Came back and it still wasnt ready. I got to hear another customer go off about how his whole day was blown and if he had known he would never have come in and then he stormed out without completing his purchase.

When I say off-peak I mean like 10AM on a Wednesday and the FFL phones it in then looks sad at me and says "you're number 50."

What I dont get is how the hell hard is it to type in a name/social or whatever look at the screen and see yes/no approval? What about the process is so time consuming?

It should be as easy as looking to see if Amazon has an item in stock. Look it up and get a positive or negative. Mere seconds.

It's like they're still using file cabinets or something.
edit on 8-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

California we have to wait 10 days and that is for a simple shotgun.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The amount of guns in civilian hands is what stopped the Japanese from invading the American mainland in WW2. But our right to keep and bear arms is mainly to stop the government from going rogue. It is a shame that the English bent over and spread their cheeks for the government. I am sure that many regret it now.

When people fear the government, you have tyranny. When government fears the people, you have liberty.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

.guess that's OK.

Not okay with me.
So you guessed wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sir you should make a monthly alotment for a new gun or two. Auctions are a great place as are gun shows. I image the wait is just because of backlog, or maybe you have earned yourself an NSA letter or similar.

In any case thank you for your ownership. And if you did earn yourself an NSA letter, congrats please keep up the good work.

Currently I have a pre ban IMI UZI and a Real pre 1975 imported Russian AK-47 underfolder for sale if interested. I will ship to FFL in your area etc..
edit on 8-6-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

My guns haven't killed anyone. Well, I don't know what they do when I'm not around, they could escape and run a muck. In seriousness, most of the people I know who are gun enthusiasts are extremely responsible with their firearms. Even though we may joke about zombies and such.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
To the OP:

So here in Nevada we have to go through a 3 day wait period, but after that then we get our gun and a blue card. This blue card is an instant-buy authorization from here on out, according to the gun shop.

Does your state not do that?

To those talking about gun rights vs.privilege and all that, consider that our forefathers that created our founding documents like the Constitution knew that tyranny from government is a real threat to liberty, so the "check" to that threat is the right for the people to arm themselves. Although gun laws always try to subvert the Constitution lately. I recall the Katrina events in Lousiana, and all the illegally seized guns. That should have never, ever, ever, EVER happened and new laws were put into place to prevent it yet a legal loophole of Martial Law is still in place that would allow it again. To which I say, time to find better hiding places.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

GROW UP and stop whining. I absolutely HATE people like you...... You bitch and moan over nothing. YOU deserve what they have done to you and personally I am laughing at you here. What makes my blood boil......weak people...how many firearms do you need......maybe they need to check why you have so many firearms and that you are not storing them for something?????? After all you said you own "MANY" firearms....

What got your panties in a twist, sweetheart? Your reaction os over the top. He is angry a gun purchase didn't go through and you HATE him for it???? Wow. Just wow. Seems to me OP is not the one who needs to grow up here.

How many firearms does he need? How many shoes do you need? Maybe he wants one to match each outfit he has. How many screwdrivers do you have? Maybe certain sizes are appriopriate for certain jobs. It's really none of your business and the fact that someone somewhere else is unemployed is really irrelevant to this thread.

Personally, a .22 is cheap to shoot so burning off 100 rounds is negligible. It's good for practice. A .45 is serious business where a near miss counts, but it's kind of expensive to burn off 100 rounds with that. A .38 J-Frame is kind of fun, but your hand will ache afterwards because it doesn't do a good job of absorbing the recoil like a 1911 does. A .223 is a good competent plinker, but it doesn't compare to a 30-06, and neither does the same job as a shotgun.

Some people collect books. Some people collect shoes. Some people collect knick-knacks. Some people collect guns. How about you don't worry what other people collect and we won;t worry about what you collect. Not such a hard concept.

And for God's sakes, calm down! You may hurt yourself.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by seabag

We are not allowed to own firearms here (in the UK) without a special licence. I just wondered why you had so many, and what you wanted another one for?

Too true

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This happened to us recently too. WE went to buy an AR lower and were forced to wait nearly 8 weeks while they "reviewed" our background. In talking to the gunshop guy he told me flat out that this was getting more and more common, and that he'd had 3 people with holds that week alone.

Personally I think this might be their way of backdoor instituting a one month or longer waiting period without having to get pesky congressional approval.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Am thinking of the wind-up type threads you've made in the past and I really want to laugh...but you have my respect seeing as you're an ex-marine. Got to admit that is some pretty mad stuff.
edit on 8-6-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I find it incredibly amusing that the OP spits out an all-caps 'FED' like an epithet then brags about being a soldier.

Who do you think your employer was?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

What right is it of yours to determine how many guns is enough for someone else?

Just because you don't like or disagree with someone's viewpoint does not mean their viewpoint is invalid.

To give you an example I just did a speech in a college course about repealing the post 1986 machine gun ban. It was supposed to be a persuasive speech and because of this we had to interview our classmates and find out their position on our potential subject so we could target objections and address them in the speech.

Needless to say most of the class was downright hostile to my subject matter at first. BUt and it's a big but by the time I had finished my speech I caught several of the most vehement objectors nodding their heads at the points I was making.

Did this happen because I called them all idiots and told them their opinions were so off base as to not even matter? NO it did not!

It happened because I laid out my argument in a clear and concise manner while at the same time addressing as many potential objections and sticking points as possible in a rational and friendly manner. I did my absolute best to make it clear that while I disagreed with their opinions, their opinion was still valid and important to me.

The end result of this was a B+ on a speech that was probably the most controversial out of the whole classes speeches, and I might add a speech which the instructor was outright hostile to.

My point here is pretty simple, calling someone a coward and implying that they are less of a man because YOU THINK this or that that they do isn't up to YOUR STANDARDS is just plain bad practice. Not only are you not getting anything accomplished by opening a rational dialogue, but it also makes you look like a DICK pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In Texas one could go to flee markets and buy guns without any background check..... You don't have to wait for gun shows etc lol... This ATF check is a slap in the face to the constitution... I would bet some new law is on the horizon... probably backed by Obummer...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You have been deprived of your rights without due process.
They might have an "excuse" which I would guess might be one of the following:

Have you -

Joined the Tea Party?

In 2009! CHECK!

Signed a petition to have Obama impeached?

No, but I might if presented with one!

Joined a militia group?

Nope!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

I am former Army& Navy SF, police background and holder of CC permits in both NY and FL, I was recently held up for several weeks purchasing a new weapon. The problem was a similair name in the database, they couldn't clearly see I was me. Took a few weeks but it got straightened out, Computers are great, garbage in garbage out. Hang in there

I’m glad to hear this has happened to others; I’m not alone. Hopefully it won’t drag out for a couple of weeks. I have an uncommon last name so I doubt this is the case, and I bought a gun there 2 months ago without issue, but you never know.

I’m sure it will all work out…

and thanks for your service SEMPER FI

Ditto!

edit on 8-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join