It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slapped in the Face by ATF Today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Ditto,

I am former Army& Navy SF, police background and holder of CC permits in both NY and FL, I was recently held up for several weeks purchasing a new weapon. The problem was a similair name in the database, they couldn't clearly see I was me. Took a few weeks but it got straightened out, Computers are great, garbage in garbage out. Hang in there and thanks for your service SEMPER FI

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The purpose of the ATF background check is to check for felonies. I have never had an issue purchasing a firearm myself until recently. I use to be a DOD contractor and had a security clearance. Last year my wife bought me a Rugger Gunsite Scout Rifle chambered in .308. She is in the military and not a Mississippi resident so she need a copy of orders to have the gun transferred to her. She had left them at home so I said since I would be the one actually owning the firearm they may process me instead. (Note it was near the end of the day) I had a hold placed on my and I could not leave with my Firearm either. The next day I was called at 10am just after the dealer had open and was informed I could come pick up m fire arm. When I picked it up I ask why they placed a hold on it and he didn't know.

I figured it could be that my security clearance expired a while back ( since I am no longer in that line of work) or the ATF was just being lazy since it was the end of the day.

Good luck.

On a side note to those that ask why Americans would want more than one firearm:
Think of a firearm as a tool. It has a use that it was designed for. You cant drive a screw with a hammer ( well actually you could but it wouldn't work very well.
) You wouldn't hunt dove with a .45 pistol or a rifle so you need a shotgun. So I have several tools that I use each one for a specific purpose.

I actually sleep with a loaded shotgun within arms reach of me just in case an idiot breaks in. (wouldn't be the first time) No other gun instils the level of fear than the sound of a pump shotgun being racked in the dark then having a blinding strobe light in your face.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

Not sure if anyone answered you, but I will take a moment as I travel to the UK ofter, or at least did until the economy tanked.

1. Owning firearms in the US is a right. Many collect firearms, like myself as well as are avid shooters for sport like myself. So just as there are stamp collectors there are gun collectors.
2. While the UK has chosen pretty much to disarm its citizens, the US still believes in our constitution and is a prime part of our national defense.
3. While I have heard "Civilized people don't need guns" - the world is not civilized and even in highly "civilized" societies, crime still happens and civilized people become victims.
4. When the SHTF in a big way, those that you hope are there to protect you, i.e. military adn LE, will most likely not be there, or worse will be there to use you as they deem fit.
5. Finally, guns do not kill people, people kill people whether by gun, knife, bat, or monkey wrench.

Hopefully this helps you understand the psyche.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by seabag

We are not allowed to own firearms here (in the UK) without a special licence. I just wondered why you had so many, and what you wanted another one for?

Why? Are you suspicious of him?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

You have to love the high and mighty British! Let's see, had to bail their asses out of 2 wars, after we kicked them out of ours twice, Revolution and the Indian wars, then let's not forget all those years the "Empire" raped and piledged the the rest of the world. India finally kicked there asses out. Oh and where would they be if Amerc wasn't here backing them up? Either speaking German or Russian that is for sure.

It is so easy to be high and mighty, like many of the Canadians I run across. Easy to Bash us, but the day we tell the world to Piss off, Kick the UN out, and withdraw from NATO, what them buckle under the jackals that will come for them.

So my british "friend" bash all you want - it is your 1st amendment right! ROFL!!!! Remember I still have my second Amendment!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

AMEN Brother!!!! Rack'em and Stack'em. Walk through my front door uninvited and you leave on your back.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If you don't have an aggressive criminal record (which I don't believe you do because that would automatically disqualify you, at least in my state) then I'm going to take the conspiracy route and say it's probably because you were in the service.

Possibly, they had too much to do that day

Funny story, same thing happened to me. I have no criminal or military record. I was able to purchase a shotgun, 9mm, and AK-47 within about a 6 month period. When I decided on a good .22 for WSHTF hunting I got flagged and had to wait. The whole thing is just very frustrating though. Bad guys don't fill out forms.

Also as far as owning guns go. My dad has been a hunter since I was young. My neighbor owns over hundred(or so he claims, it's certainly a lot). I myself have owned for couple of years. None of us have ever had an accident or had to use in defense.

My brother's girlfriend was shot and killed in January. My car was stolen from my driveway in January. When my wife left home her crazy religious father reported all kinds of crap(all untrue) and then some how managed to run up 30k in credit card debt. This is after he was claiming she was kidnapped etc. What do all of these cases have in common? Not only were police not there to stop any of it but even with the evidence they have they still have done nothing. Moral of the story: take responsibility for you, your families, and properties safety.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

Does it freaking matter how many he has and what he wants them for????

Some guns are good for hunting deer, some are good for hunting birds, some are good for hunting rabbits, some are good for target practice...Again I ask you..

Does it matter what he wants or how many he wants???

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Was it Mackeys Gun Shop? Anyway, I believe the ATF only gets involved if you are ordering a fully automatic weapon or are wanting something that you see modified on the show, Gunsmoke, (for example) you didn't state which weapon it is so I can only guess....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Knowing government people i'd say the OP picked the wrong time of the day to buy the gun as probably the person on the other end was just going on a break when their phone rang and they had to answer it so rather than spend 2-3 mins doing whatever just probably stuck it on a list for someone else to check so they could get to the rest room

and even as a brit i dont mind americans having guns and in fact the more guns the better so when we invade they'll spend so long trying to find the perfect gun that by the time they've found it and then spent another 10 minutes selecting the correct ammo they'll be learning god save the queen again

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pccat
I wonder what type of weapon it is..
I thought that the ATF only got involved with automatics..
but its been awhile since I purchased anything..

It's a changing world out here in reality!
edit on 8-6-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Citybig

Watching your countrymen get worked up into a frenzy over guns reminds me of why my family disowned those who went to your nation. I hope one day you develop into a 1st world civilisation.

What country are you from. It's hard to know considering we have a handful of people from every podunk place on Earth. In your 1st world civilisation did they forget to teach you how to spell Civilization? Did they fail to teach that it's referred to as a First World Country? Do you know what a 'civilisation' is?

My guess? Butthurt Brit, sad his family made the wrong choice and he's stuck drinking tea and paying for his Queen to show off. Does it hurt the bastard child makes momma pay rent now?

No, they taught us how to speak in English, not that garbled nonsense you characterless, soul-less cretins have developed. Shame you don't have the aptitude to develop your own language.

The only thing that hurts here are my sides, still laughing at your nations last 10 years in history and all of the joy it carried for you lot.

Woweeee, please stop this nonsense. I am not soul less. You are being offensive. Really, it is off topic.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A little late to the thread (I'm sure 80% of these 7 pages is all pointless "guns are bad" tripe having nothing to do with the topic anyway) but here's what I've gathered about this talking to some local FFL's:

Wait times have been steadily ramping up for the NICS check. My last gun purchased this year came with a 2 hour wait on a slow day at an off-peak time!!! And it's only getting worse.

The same is happening with NFA stamps. What was once a 60 day wait became a 90 day wait now people are routinely waiting 120 days and more.

Volume is way up and hiring is frozen for the most part.

So they stall you with these blocks to bide time in an attempt to hide the fact that NICS is failing its purpose and thereby violating your right.

Instead of coming out and saying "the system is collapsing under demand and effectively is disenfranchising millions of Americans" they cover it with throwing out a block every 20 checks or so or accidentally shuffling your info to the bottom of the pile and hoping you just go away and come back another day.

It's all broken and the fish is flapping on the dock trying to stave off the inevitable.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

My last gun purchased this year came with a 2 hour wait on a slow day at an off-peak time!!! And it's only getting worse.

You have got to be kidding. 2 hours? I'm in and out with payment in 15 minutes at the most. I'm starting to appreciate WA a little more... Do my gun happy dance, point at the one I want, squeel, chck off yes and then some no's while gun guy calls it in, gun guy finishes paperwork, I waste money, YAY.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I'm working on my manners.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hello and thank you for your service. I ran into the same thing here in Arizona of all places to get guff over buying a gun. I was shocked as well when I had to wait nearly a week. I had bought 2 guns about a month apart, and in my second purchase, was put on hold with no explanation of why I needed too be checked further. I was told by the sales person that it happens once in a while and is usually random. I have no criminal history. But I did find it odd. To avoid the hassle, I took a class and received my concealed weapons permit. In AZ it allows you to skip the background check because the permit is issued by DPS. If your state offers this it is worth doing, and some gun dealers will give you a small discount for saving them the trouble of calling it in. At least here anyways. Since then I have added a few more guns to my collection with no issues or doors kicked in. If anything, it gives you an excuse to go buy another gun soon to see if it happens again.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mantarey
reply to post by Citybig

You have to love the high and mighty British! Let's see, had to bail their asses out of 2 wars, after we kicked them out of ours twice, Revolution and the Indian wars, then let's not forget all those years the "Empire" raped and piledged the the rest of the world. India finally kicked there asses out. Oh and where would they be if Amerc wasn't here backing them up? Either speaking German or Russian that is for sure.

It is so easy to be high and mighty, like many of the Canadians I run across. Easy to Bash us, but the day we tell the world to Piss off, Kick the UN out, and withdraw from NATO, what them buckle under the jackals that will come for them.

So my british "friend" bash all you want - it is your 1st amendment right! ROFL!!!! Remember I still have my second Amendment!

I find it amusing to listen to this yank rendition of history. You all seem to say the same things, which indicates that the concepts of accuracy and truthfulness have not taken hold in your country,

You all love to talk about the world wars, during WW1 you were like lemmings being cut down left right and center whilst we were engaging the Germans in game changing battles. In WW2 you were a whole year from joining when we defeated the Germans and bailed ourselves out, before they took on Russia and got resoundingly crushed. The only place you really fought was in Asia, and even then you got spectacularly cut down by the Japanese in your own country and nobody saw them coming! You took the cowards way out by nuking them.

Even when we were facing eachother, we were winning, in the Revolution you had to call on the French to bail you out, and during 1812 you did not secure a single goal, but your capital was ransacked and we invaded you. I don't know if you are familiar with the Treaty of Ghent, that's the bit where you had to ask for a ceasefire. You declared war on us, and we invaded you and destroyed your capital and then you capitulated, yet you people think this is a victory.

I can't think of a time when you have actually won a war alone, the vietnamese destroyed you, the cubans defeated you, it's so ridiculous watching you talk like you are capable of anything.

In fact, if you were to tell the world to piss off, organisations such as the UN and NATO would become far more effective as world bodies as they would not be seen as the international arm of the US military, giving them greater political power and respect, and more support when force is required because it would not be seen as imperialism. This is to say nothing of the financial and economical benefits we would see, as markets would not be polluted with debt riddled US banks and major firms, and international markets would be required to move to a more stable and valuable currency for major trading. Of course the additional benefits of never having to be barraged by your "culture", crappy movies, plastic music, crappy television shows, would all improve society dramatically.

I urge the US government to tell the world to piss off.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join